Villa Maria Pia on 30 Mt on the Sea ,
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Praiano apartment description
In the fantastic scenery of Praiano the 'Heart of the Coastal Amalfitana' Villa Mariapia is found, a house built on a rocky wall to peak on the sea.The house is very near to the beach of Praiano and is easy to be reached afoot. Besides, there is cave on the sea level between the bluff and the house, attainable from the sea. The stop of the bus is found really closed the Villa. Near to the Villa there is the famous night club 'L'Africana' that from 2010 became a lounge plain bar host to many stars of the show and had the best local and international artists. You can found restaurant characteristic and particular just a few meter far on spectacular pedestrian path on the coast. The sea is under the balconies and, if you desire, you can plunge you inside, literally. There is small swimming pool. The villa has big terraces it is possible to catch the sun and to have meal to the open one. the Saracen tower of about 1500 that is hosting an exhibition of paintings and pottery stands majestic
Christmas in Praiano: The Christmas in Coastal Amalfitana is fantastic there are very beautiful demonstrations to Positano, Amalfi, Ravello
Every year, since 1606, Praiano inhabitants used to decorate its balconies, terraces, gardens with lighting system composed by wax and oil. This custom handed from 1599, when Dominican Monks came to the Monastery of Santa Maria a Castro, placed on the hill above Praiano.“Luminaria” is an Event which comes true every year from August 1st to August 4th to celebrate San Domenico.On August 4th , very early in the morning (the first Mass is at 6.30 am), Praiano celebrates San Domenico’s Festival.“Luminaria” has a particular meaning: Domenico’s Mother, before giving him birth, she dreamed a dog with a torch in his mouth to burn the world. So when Domenico was born he had to diffuse “God’s word all over the world”.
Garden and the Saracen Towers: In the villa there are beautiful garden with secular trees
Near the villa there is a famous 'Towel Suppraiano' the tower of Praiano that witnesses the villa was built for stopping the Saracen invasions around 1500 after cristo.'Grotte Incantate' (enchanted grottoes) This time the audience will be able to experience the emotion of a concert in a sea grotto( Around last Week of August). Swim along the bay of Praiano, discovering the wonderful marine grottoes of Suppraiano,Le Grotticelle,Fontana Dell'altare, and Il Forno.. Instructors from the association swimtrekking will accompany you on a swimming visit of the coastline to arrive at the grotto where the concert will be held.On the occasion of the visit to the path of the gods or to assist to the concerts is possible to effect an excursion with Guides. an other interesting event is white night in Praiano that realizes it around the 10th of August.
shopping and restaurants: Below the mountain called St. Angelo a Tre Pizzi which stands 364 m, there is a church dedicated to St. Maria a Castro surrounded by some wonderful flora and fauna that is so typical in these mountain areas and this is also where the monastery of St. Domenico is situated. From this magnificent place you can admire a breathtaking view overlooking Vettica Maggiore, Positano, Li Galli and Capri’s island.
The first official document regarding this place is dated 1599, a document of Naples University that allowed the monks to build the monastery.
The interior structure is composed of two levels, on the first one there are four cells and a kitchen, on the ground floor an oven and cistern.
In the inside church there are many paintings. On the walls on the left nave there is one dating back to 1430 called Madonna delle Grazie, and recently removed sections of the wall allow most part of work to be seen.
- Elevator : till 25 step from the entrance of the Villa
- 16 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14, Beds for 12-14
- King size beds (1) in the room of the villa B there and a stely bed in very ancient beaten iron, Queen size Beds (4) the most of beds are in this size, Twin or Single Beds (2) It's possible add the single bed if required, Child Beds (1) we can arrange in same room same other bed for one more pleace to sleep., Baby Cribs (1) It's possible add the crib...moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- Bathroom has special details of Vietri tiles.
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Cooking Utensils
- Washing Machine:
- Towels Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- DVD Player
- Computer Available:
Pool & Spa
- Jetted Tub
- Private Pool
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Monument View:
- Ocean View:
- Not Necessary
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Medical Services
- Rock Climbing
- Winery Tours
- Water Parks
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Eco Tourism
- In Praiano 'Heart of the Amalfi Coast' between Positano and Amalfi is located Villa MariaPia in a unique scenery of exceptional beauty, ideal for guests who love the sun, the sea and the hills that encircle. From the summit of these hills, along the Path of the Gods, you can see all the countries of the Amalfi Coast as Montepertuso, Positano, Praiano, Conca dei Marini, Amalfi, and its 300 meters high above sea level , is Ravello with its ancient and beautiful villas Cimbrone and Rufolo, known and admired throughout the world that offers tourists a breathtaking view where you can admire Maiori, Minori and the Gulf of Salerno. Villa Maria Pia has a personal wharf where by boat, you can reach Capri, Li Galli Island, called the island of the Sirens, The Smeraldo grotto, famous for its crystal clear green water, and other villages of the amalfitan coast. We can also organize excursions from our hotel, by bus or limousine, to Paestum, Pompei, Ercolano, Sorrento, Vietri Sul Mare and all the beautiful villages in Amalfitan coast. We have up the Villa the public transport stop, the number of our stop is 10, in Praiano. Villa Maria Pia is very close to the beach of Praiano, which is easy to reach by walking from the visitor along a path that runs along the sea. Along the path is the famous 'Torre a Mare' of medieval origin. Today Marina di Praia is a popular seaside town, joined by thousands of hikers due to its characteristic position between two tall cliffs where the guest can also find delicious local snack to eat fresh fish just caught by local fishermen, visitors will also find bars and small beach resorts with sun beds and umbrellas. We can book for our guest wellness center all kind of massage out or inside the villa. We can organize cook at home on request for lunch - dinner or both . Our guest can also learn our culinary traditions thanks to cooking school day. Our guest can rent a scooter with included service of delivery and collection directly to the garage of the villa. We have a private parking just up the villa to road level, with automatic opening and closing (you will pay € 10 low season or euro 15 high season per day for each car + 5 euro more for big van). We have the lift from the our private parking till living lounge bar and buffet breakfast room, from here you have 110 steps for to reach our wharf on the sea, where you can take a swim and enjoy the beautiful cave that we have a few meter from the ladder. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Fabulous stay at Villa Maria Pia!
Fabulous stay at Villa Maria Pia!
My 2 adult daughters, our friend, and I spent 6 nights at Villa Maria Pia Apartment A and were very pleased with everything about our stay. The location was superb, being right above the sea with easier access to the sea than we expected. There were about 2 flights of stairs to a concrete area which had a ladder to the sea or you could turn another direction to see the grotto. The photos are accurate although it is actually prettier than what the photos show. Our apartment was very nice-2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (one had a shower without a shower curtain-water just sprayed into the bathroom area which we had heard of before), a kitchen with a washer, and a roomy terrace with lounge chairs, a beautiful dining table and chairs under a canopy, and a gorgeous view of the sea. The apartment was very clean with nice furniture and we appreciated having the extra room. We also loved having the doors in each bedroom open onto the terrace with a view of the sea from our beds-heaven!! There was only one or two nights that the nearby Africana Night Club was noisy enough to bother me trying to sleep-the others were not bothered at all. Villa Maria Pia also offers hotel rooms and has recently renovated the dining-bar-sofa area with beautiful blue tile floors and lots of white, carrying out into the outside seating area which compliments the sea view. There was a nice assortment of food for breakfast which we enjoyed several mornings even though we had our own kitchen. There was a small swimming pool, but it was not open when we stayed due to the cooler than normal weather. I also can't say enough positive things about the owners, Vincenzo and his wife, Giulia. They live on the property with their three children and they were so helpful and gracious. Our first day, their son brought us a plate of a wonderful layered pasta and the next day brought us some tiramisu that Giulia had made. They were both delicious and so unexpected! They patiently answered all our questions, arranged an excursion with Benji (spelling?) on a really nice boat to Capri, arranged a trip to Pompeii and Vesuvius, took some heavy packages for us to the post office that would have been difficult to handle on the bus, and recommended a great restaurant nearby, Costa Diva, that had wonderful food in a beaufitul setting. I've stayed in many hotels, condos, etc. over the years, and this family offered the best service and hospitality of any place I've stayed. Relatives Luca and Ada were also always nice
- Guest Susie (Boonville, Indiana USA)
- Date of stay 05/26/12
- Review Submitted 06/11/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, pet owners, romantic getaway, age 55+, girls getaway, tourists without a car, adventure seekers.
Italy at Its Best
Italy at Its Best
My wife and I decided to celebrate our 44th wedding anniversary on the Amalfi Coast. Being born in Italy I could not have found a better place to celebrate my anniversary. We stayed at Villa Maria Pia for one week in early October. The villa we stayed in was large, clean and comfortable. The view from the terrace was absolutely breathtaking and there are steps leading down to the water where you could swim or take a water taxi for sightseeing. Our hosts, Giulia and Vencenzo and his family were always gracious and went out of their way to see that everything was perfect for us. They made us feel as if we were "family". Vincenzo was an excellent guide taking us to Ravello, Positano and Sorrento. We had a fantastic time. We look forward to returning to Villa Maria Pia. When visiting, please ask Giulia to make a pizza - oh, so delicious.
- Guest Francesco (Parlin, NJ)
- Date of stay 10/08/11
- Review Submitted 11/08/11
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway, tourists without a car, adventure seekers.
Perfect family holiday
Perfect family holiday
Just spent 2 wonderful weeks in Villa Maria Pia. We were 2 families with children. The location is perfect- right on the coast and views breathtaking. There is a bus service right outside the hotel that takes you to Amalfi, Positano and Sorrento so you can leave your car at home! Giulia and Vincenzo were very friendly and helpful. They have just started a bed and breakfast in the same property with luxurious rooms for the perfect romantic break.
- Guest Yvonne (stockholm, sweden)
- Date of stay 07/31/10
- Review Submitted 08/16/10
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway, tourists without a car.
A perfect vacation location
A perfect vacation location
My husband, sister and I stayed at Maria Pia during the third week of April, 2010. Guila and Vincenzo were the perfect hosts who exceeded all of our expectations. They made arrangements for a private boat tour to the Island of Capri, arranged for transfer service to the Naples airport, arranged for accommodations to a local supermarket, recommended some wonderful local restaurants and went out of their way to make sure we had an enjoyable stay. The villa was very clean, well maintained and the beds were extremely comfortable. The sea breezes coming through the open patio doors and the sound of the waves against the rocks lulled us into a deep sleep each night. The views from the patio will take your breath away! We walked to various restaurants for dinner each night, enjoying delicious food, spectacular scenary and very good local wines. For day trips we hopped on the SITA bus for excursions to Ravello (highly recommended), Amalfi and Positano. Although the Mediterranean was too cold for extended swimming, we spent time on the private patio relaxing and watching the beautiful crystal clear tourquoise blue waters. We appreciated the convenience of a well stocked kitchen so that we could make our own breakfast, lunch or mid-afternoon meal. The local supermarket is approximately a 30 min walk from the villa and is well stocked with anything and everything you can imagine- fresh meats and deli, home grown vegetables, a generous wine cellar. The owners of the market were gracious enough to pick us up at the Villa and drive us back. The Maria Pia was everything I could have hoped for; Priaino was a beautiful, warm, friendly town; Guila and Vincenzo are wonderful hosts and I would highly recommend the villa as a perfect vacation location. We already are planning are next trip back and looking forward to spending another week with these good people of Praiano
- Guest Gordon, Sue and Carmen (Pennsylvania / Rhode Island)
- Date of stay 04/17/10
- Review Submitted 06/07/10
Recommended for: Sightseeing, romantic getaway, girls getaway, tourists without a car.
A Week in Paradise
A Week in Paradise
Three couples from Pensacola, Florida spent one week in a Italian Paradise, The VIlla is not only in a beautiful location, but was emaculately clean and offered all the conviences of home. The owners, Vincenco and Julia, were wonderful hosts, providing us with grocery store deliver service, timetables for busses, water taxis, and sightseeing trips. The villa is centally located between Postiano and Amalfi and makes for easy shopping, eating out, and relaxing. The food in the area is fresh and the seafood is caught daily. Villa Maria Pia is a little slice of Heaven here on earth.
- Guest Grandaddy (Pensacola, Florida, USA)
- Date of stay 03/27/10
- Review Submitted 04/16/10
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway, tourists without a car, adventure seekers, people with disabilities.
Owner response: We try to do for our guests everything that is possible to make him have an unforgettable vacation and to leave in their hearts our memory and a beautiful memory of the Coastal Amalfitana, has been however very touched from their kind thought that they have had in our comparisons leaving us some small thoughts of their country Pensacola. We wish us to always have so special people to entertain in our villa.
We rented both apartments for a week at the end of May. The position is fantastic, overlooking the beautiful sea with its own access to a private jetty from which we swam everyday. Giulia and Vincenzo are very kind and attentive hosts and Praiano is a great place to stay - being within walking distance of the restaurants of La Praia Marina is perfect. If you want the beauty of Amalfi and the experience of living amongst an Italian family and community, Villa MariaPia is the place for you.
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 06/02/09
- Review Submitted 06/02/09
Owner response: Maxted family is delicious with great quality to sicialize F.lli Cuomo Family
I stayed there for a week in April 09 during my honeymoon. The house was perfect, clean, with an unbelievable view. The owners are great people and will treat you like family! If you are thinking about the Amalfi coast, Praiano and this house is perfect, as you are 5 min from Positano and 15 from Amalfi, and there is no parking to speak of in those two towns. This is a spectacular place to stay!
- Guest Giovanni (John) Costa (Oxford Pa USA)
- Date of stay 05/12/09
- Review Submitted 05/12/09
Owner response: John Costa is a special person with present human quality of elevated invoice in the greatest part of the Americans and therefore very near to the Italian heart, but he has a particular charisma, with friendship family Cuomo
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 12 - May 31, 2014
7 night min stay
Jun 1 - Jun 30, 2014
7 night min stay
Jul 1 - Aug 31, 2014
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Taxes Not included
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Naples international airport at 75 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Positano Ferry at 6 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Salerno Station at 35 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Marina di Praia at 150 Metres
- Nearest Barpub: Bar in Marina di Praia beach at 150 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: at 30 Metres
Year Purchased: 1950
About the owner: I Vincenzo Cuomo , the son of the owners, I witnessed the creation from nothing of this place fascinating and charming for the holidays, thanks to the enormous sacrifices of my parents, who are deprived of many things in their lives : ' My father worked as a machinist on large commercial ships , sacrificing the affections of the family and this has allowed us to build a piece at a time, this fantastic property . My mother had the patience to stay without my father , because of the distance. the management of the villa was and is done at the household level , and my brother who helped build it , dealing with the maintenance of the structure. While I was helping technically the project undertaken by my family I became a deck officer in the Merchant Marine , now with the title of Captain, after many difficulties I hope eventually to be able to devote myself entirely to tourism activity that we have created . All together we go ' Today ' to realize our dream of seeing , grow this company to offer our visitors a wonderful memory of this piece of paradise.
Why the Owner Chose Praiano:
villa Maria Pia literally plunges you in the sea in tuning with the horizon that transmits serenity, relaxation, the terrace is marvelous to catch the sun, the enchanting natural cave can be visited really under the villa, attainable to swimming. our complete availability to resolve as far as possible your applications.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
1) we have the possibility to organize the transfer from the airport to the villa with our vehicles that are beautiful vans and also from the station of the trains in Naples. 2) we have a free service of car with a supermarket, which comes to directly pick up our guests to the villa and to bring them to the supermarket without obligations of purchases. 3) for any emergency we have a physician ready professional to intervene for every necessity of health. 4) we have a convention with two societies for transports sea for daily excursions along the coast or it transports for destinations predetermined Capri, Positano etc. they can directly embark our guest under our villa. Besides some restaurants on the sea they have a boat devoted that they come to directly pick up the tourists under our villa and then it brings back them. 5) for any help you can call us trough our intercom and we arrive in few minutes. 6) we have brochures that is furnished us from the office information tourist of Praiano that we leave in the apartments for consultation to our clients, with all the traditional demonstrations of the Amalfitana Coast. 7)we have the possibility to connect to internet through system wi-fi. 8) we have the elevator from the parking lot from level road up to 25 stairs from the villa. 9) we have besides really near to the villa the stop of the public (bus) vehicles. For any doubt not hesitate to ask us 10) manicure and pedicure and fingernails reconstruction.
- Primary: ++39 (0)89 9840032 -(0) (italy)
- Secondary: +39 334 1331431 (Italy)
- Fax: +39 0899840035
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
room villa A1sea veiw
room gold villa B1
villa with nighttime sight
bathroom with tub and shower hydro massage
kitchen Villa B
grotto under the villa
terraces of Villa MariaPia
Villa Maria Pia in Praiano
all terrace to the villa maria pia the green door is for separation
room villa A2 sea view
Villa Maria Pia and Saracen tower from the sea
bathroom villa A2
balcony villa a+b
balcony villa B
Villa MariaPia and anciant tower from sea view
bar Villa MariaPia
Grotto under Villa
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Wednesday, April 16, 2014
5 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
++39 (0)89 9840032 -(0) (italy)
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.