Intimate, Remarkable Sin Duda Villas on Mexico's Costa Maya
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Xcalak apartment description
Mexico's Caribbean outside your door, Sin Duda Villas is beachside near the village of Xcalak, Quintana Roo. Three hrs south of Tulum, crossing wetlands of the southern boundary of Sian Ka’an Biosphere, turning south again, until you reach the 'end-of-the-road,' the Xcalak Peninsula. For 15 years we have welcomed friends and guests to an idyllic, solar-generated, ecological hideaway for adventurous people who appreciate natural beauty. You will be charmed by the natural lifestyle, moving in concert with Mother Nature. Designed by the past owner/architect, Sin Duda's ambiance is mesmerizing. Energized by 24 hr solar power, freshwater collected into cisterns for daily consumption, the spaces are intimate, private, intriguing and best of all . . . located far beyond the 'madding crowd.'
Lodging consists of 3 private suites, 2 full apartments, a jungle studio tucked into the 'almendra' tree; and by appointment, the sunshine sitting area of the 'casita baja' -- all of these splashed in brilliant colors. You'll find treasures, art, collections, surprises and whimsy at every turn. There is accommodation for 14 to 16 people in a variety of dwellings. Cotton linens are fragrant with fresh sunshine on mostly queen-sized beds. Enjoy daily housekeeping and a healthy home-made breakfast; there's a kitchen for each room/suite. The main library, as well as each guest room is bursting with current reading material, books of every genre. On the beach and the shade-covered main patio, as well as one roof-deck, you'll find mahogany chaises with Sunbrella cushions and plush pillows to lull you into tranquility.
Sin Duda Villas is small with 6 habitations, so planning in advance is appreciated.
At eventide, climb to one of two soaring rooftop decks for clear views of the constellations.
We're family and pet-friendly, have references galore and an informative website of delight...
Come visit us, at the end of the road. No doubt, you will be delighted!
Keywords: Rooms & Apartments
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
We cater primarily to adults, and do not have special, planned activities for children. You can spend family time with your youngsters exploring the beaches, engaging in birding, biology, kayaking, swimming and snorkeling. If someone is having a 'crying or whining time,' please handle the situation privately and away from other guests, who may be sleeping or reading on the beach. We find that young people who are well-traveled, excited about learning and happy with themselves, fare best. ...moreless
Well socialized pets are welcome. We adhere to sensible rules of sanitation as in your town or city, so, please pick up after your pet. Your pets will love wandering miles on the beach with you....moreless
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
Bedrooms: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16, Beds for 16
- King size beds (1) (1) One king bed in our Laguna Room; king sheets require more freshwater for laundering, thus in keeping with our conservative lifestyle, we offer the 1 king, but several queen, double and single beds., Queen size Beds (5) (5 Queen beds) Queen beds in 2 of our 3 std double rooms. Queen beds in both main bedrooms of our 2 apartments. Queen bed in #6 Studio Selva., Double Beds (2) We feature (2) two Swiss-crafted double fold-down beds which tip down into the living rooms of each beachside apartment --#7 Bailando and #8 Querencia. These 2 beds provide the privacy of two separate sleeping spaces for families or groups in the two apartments. The other double bed is in the 'Casita Baja,' a studio apartment., Twin or Single Beds (7) (7 twin beds) Twin beds are used as trundle beds in 2 of our 3 standard dbl rooms for extra person/youth. Two twins plus a third twin as a trundle provides sleeping for 3 singles in #5 Laguna Room. In the 2 beachside apartments, each master bedroom features a twin trundle for extra person/youth. Two other twin trundles are in Studio Selva and Casita Baja., Child Beds (2) (2) Two 'youth' beds are provided, one in each beachside full apartment #7 and #8 with special narrow mattress for comfort for an extra young person with a family., Murphy Beds (2) (2 Murphy beds) Two Swiss-crafted regular double bed mattresses comprise these imported beds which tip-down into the living rooms of both beachside full apartments....moreless
Bathrooms: 6 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
Each of our 5 kitchens have dinnerware, pots/pans, flatware and linens for preparing your meals and dining; plus dish-soap, tinfoil, paper towels and olive oil, salt/pepper, blender and orange juice squeezers in most kitchens....moreless
Our popular Maya Cocina with service for 8 or more with a large table and all accoutrements midst a pleasant gathering-space, living-room with couch and soft wicker chairs, surrounded by volumes of books of every genre....moreless
During holidays and summer vacations our guests can purchase homemade, fresh-hot scones, muffins and cookies brought down the beach thrice-weekly. With a delicious cup of coffee, these baked goods are HEAVEN!...moreless
Sheets, towels for bath, beach and kitchen are laundered every 4th morning in keeping with our precious fresh-water conservation. All linens are laundered by hand and line-dried for sparkling fresh fragrance....moreless
- Washing Machine:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Towels Provided:
- Hooray! Robt & Jose built sturdy mahogany beach furniture: you can sleep on the beach. there are 3 roofdecks: 1. sunbathing/night wine celebrating, slumber 'neath the stars on lounges; 2. w/built-in seating. 3. A cozy bird-watching or sunset deck. Architecture meticulously planned for ocean breezes circulating through rooms w/ceiling fans -so natural! 1500 volume library. Family room w/puzzles, boardgames, Bakelite poker chips & cards. At sunset, special 'Margoritas' are offered most nights to guests, no charge; we have no liquor license & respect local restaurants, who purchase expensive license to enable charging for alcoholic drinks. Enjoy a 'Margorita' or mixed drink w/us, then run 15 min to the village to continue your libations w/dinner, honoring our friends' businesses....moreless
- Shared Hot Tub:
We have wifi. Our internet is perfect for emailing, facebook etc. We ask that cell phones be on ‘airplane mode’ when not in use, so no apps are downloading. We have limited bandwidth and a daily allotted “cap”. If we go over our “cap”, we will lose internet for 24 hours. Video conferencing, skyping, etc are best in town where there is unlimited wifi....moreless
(3) In Mexico, the gazebos are 'palapas' on the beach; we have three, under each hand constructed palapa there are two mahogany beach chaises with Sunbrella soft cushions and plump bright pillows, cup holders and a small table ... once you've settled onto one of our 8 to 10 beach chaises, you may never leave....moreless
Deck / Patio:
(4) Four rooms have private decks or patios with seating for your comfort; the main beachside garden patio has cushions on wood chaises; the south rooftop deck has a twin mahogany, cushioned chaise for sunning au naturale....moreless
Location & View
Within 15 feet of your room patio or balcony is our white, cool (limestone porous) sand beach. You have 60 meters of private sand beach for playing, building castles, lounging or reading. The Caribbean Sea, adjacent to the beach, has wondrous snorkeling in a huge natural aquarium setting. In 4 kayaks you can explore miles of the Caribbean beachfront, or for sunshine healthy exercise, take a bottle of freshwater and walk as far as you wish without burning your feet in the sand. We provide snorkel gear and kayaks for our guests....moreless
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Hammocks inside or out; 4 palapas with loungers, Horse shoe pit; Beach shower; Masks, fins, snorkels, life-preservers and beach toys; 2 'beach bikes' and 4 kayaks at no cost for guests. Tiny dock permits access to the lagoon behind, for kayaking 'neath mangroves, following shrouded rivers linking one lake to another; careful catch-release fishing out of the kayak; Unequaled, undiscovered Maya ruins 2.5 hrs distant; Restaurants nearby: seafood, vegetarian & Yucatecan; Medical Clinic; Dive shop; Guides for fishing, fly/sport; Snorkel tours & guided day trips and excursions; Library with over 1500 books to choose from....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
- Taxes Not included
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Year Purchased: 1997
About the owner: This is Sin Duda's 16th season on Mexico's 'Costa Maya,' at the end of the road on the Xcalak Peninsula. Robert and Margo recently passed the reins to their friends, Lesley and Dave, although they are still very much part of Sin Duda. Robert designed and built this small hotel, creating an intimate design to accommodate guests and friends. In all, Sin Duda can accommodate 16 people. We love to share our 'green' lifestyle, using solar power and collecting our rainwater. Come visit us. You'll thrill as your body relaxes, your brain stops humming, and your goal becomes the number of books you'll read before you leave us.
Why the Owner Chose Xcalak:
Robert and Margo created this paradise on a stretch of sand between the shores of Mexico's Caribbean and the southern wetlands near the Sian Ka'an Biosphere so they could entertain friends and guests in a relatively pure environment. Because we're energized by solar (24-hour pure electricity) and collect rainwater for our freshwater use, we are aware of Mother Nature's bounties. Indeed, to live here with us is far-far from the 'madding crowd,' of the First World. We choose no television, but have over 1,500 books; our Marine Radio is our most reliable means of communication. To our way of thinking, we are actually 'participating' in living-- unique, authentic, peaceful and decidedly rewarding -- we're part of REAL Mexico, and revel in the gentility of nature, the quixotic personalities of our Mexican friends, the simplicity and truth in Mexican customs, and best of all, we're having fun. Come join us and you'll agree.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
Snorkeling and swimming are both safe, unbelievably awesome and just outside the doors of our rooms. We're excited because our part of the Caribbean is now a designated Marine Park. The giant aquarium created by our protected reef is teeming with fish. We can provide snorkel masks and fins for our guests, and we have 'lycra skins' for swimming and snorkeling to protect the coral from toxic sunblocks. You can actually put on your fins and masks and swim less than 100 feet, following a pathway from our white-sand beach, to myriad of coral heads. Paddling in our Ocean Kayaks to the Palancar Reef or exploring the Santa Julia Lagoon and the life-giving mangroves is very exciting. The diving here is world class, as is fly fishing, with one of our excellent local fishing guides. If visiting Mayan pyramids is your type of adventure, we are within 1 to 2 hours of newly-excavated, Mayan ruins, restored since 1983. Even today with all the tourists in Mexico, few modern people have visited the Heart of the Maya in our location. Most of the ruins in the south central part of the Yucatan Peninsula were once connected with Calakmul's grand city. This is pristine Maya history. At Kohunlich, Dzibanche and other nearby ruins there are no 'organized tours,' rather, you have the ultimate experience of hearing the spirits of the Maya without fanfare. Finally, you will find our environment quiet and conducive to replenishing your spirit, with no distractions, other than sounds of nature.
- Primary: +1 306 500 3240 Please leave a message with your email address
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Sin Duda Villas, gorgeous colours, and patios facing the Caribbean Sea.
Dine in #7 Bailando Apartment looking out to the Caribbean from your beach patio.
Robert's Zenith Day. The sun directly overhead our location on the equator!
The Maya Cocina also has a Library & Living Room. It is a fine gathering place.
#5 Laguna Room, with sunshine colors, and options of twin beds or a king.
Bright kitchen, our Maya Cocina shared by the double rooms with service for 8 and more! It is a happy place.
Cozy sitting space interior rooms!
Art in #2 Patio Room, a cozy double room with queen bed.
Vivid colours everywhere.
File fish antics just off the beach.
Jose and Ruth have been with Sin Duda since 1998. They are part of the Sin Duda family.
Upper deck above #4 Ocean Room with views of The Reef. Perfect for sunbathing au naturel.
Chaise lounges on main patio in front of #2 Patio Room.
Oh! The white sand Caribbean beach!
Climb the stairway to #8 Querencia Apartment, balcony at right, setup for a family of 5 or 2 couples.
Welcome to #7 Bailando Apartment.
We welcome your pets to come and relax with you on our beach.
This palm tree is named Mariano after the friend who planted it.
A favorite, #4 Ocean Room, with balcony overlooking the beach! Yay!
Your beach chair is waiting.
Kayak out to where the waves break over the Palancar Reef.
A sleepy afternoon.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2001.
Date last modified - Monday, December 09, 2013
6 Bedroom / 6 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
+1 306 500 3240
Please leave a message with your email address
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.