Lake Rescue - New Luxury Home - Near Killington and Okemo
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Lake Rescue house description
Our brand new (built in 2008) luxury 3,500 SF timberframe home is located directly on Lake Rescue and close to Okemo and Killington ski areas. The views of the lake and mountains are spectacular and the location is wonderful all year round.
Our Bensonwood timeberfame house (also known as a post and beam house) is characterized by beautiful Douglas Fir beams, towering cathedral ceilings, and a wide open main floor. The Great Room is open to the Kitchen and Dining Room. This openness makes it possible for everyone to be included in family or group discussion or activities, no matter where they are on the main level.
The home has 3 bedrooms, all with queen beds, plus a very large additional private room with a bathroom and pull-out sofa. The house can comfortably sleep 6. Although the house can accomodate additional people we prefer to limit the occupancy so as to keep the house in excellent condition for future guests.
The house has three levels; main, upper and lower. The main level has a magnificent “Great Room” with cathedral ceiling, many exposed beams, a fireplace, and large windows overlooking the lake. The kitchen has beautiful cherry cabinets, a large gorgeous granite counter, new stainless appliances, and breakfast counter which seats five. The dining room has a large cherry table.. The Great Room opens onto a beautiful deck overlooking the lake, which has stairs down to a patio and the lake.
On the upper level the master bedroom overlooks the lake. The master bath is decorated with travertine tile and has a walk-in shower. The shower has both a rain shower head and wall-mounted shower head with many different spray options. In addition we have a large “soaking tub” for relaxation. All of the bathrooms have granite countertops and travertine tile.
The loft overlooks the Great Room and has wonderful views of the lake. The loft has a sofa and TV and is a great place to escape to read or watch TV. Also the upper level has a large (24’ x 24’) “game room” with a cathedral ceiling, full bath, and a pull-out sofa andbathroom. This can serve as room where kids gather to play or watch TV. We have full laundry facilities on both the upper and lower levels.
On the lower level, the “family room”, with large windows looks directly out onto the lake. A door opens onto a spectacular patio which also overlooks the lake. The room has a French entry door, gas fireplace, a sofa, and LCD TV. The lower level also has two bedrooms. One bedroom on the lower floor also looks directly onto the lake while the other has a lake view. There is a beautiful bath with a large walk-in shower and granite counters on the lower floor
The lower level also has a second laundry room with a full size washer-dryer, as well as a second refrigerator. (This laundry room is in addition to the washer-dryer we have on the upper level.)
The nearby village of Ludlow, Vermont contains many fine restaurants, while nearby Chester is known for its fine antique stores. Weston, only a 15-minute drive away, is home to the famous Vermont Country Store and also the beautiful Weston Priory. Manchester, Vermont is well known for its many designer factory outlets and Woodstock, Vermont for picture post-card beauty and typical New England charm.
In summer, the fishing, swimming, and boating are excellent and it is a perfect place to spend a family vacation. There are multiple decks where you can relax in the sun any time of day. Wide stairs provide easy access to the lake where there is a generally sandy bottom for children to wade. The dock is a perfect place to tie up your boat, jump into the water, or fish (the lake is stocked with fish - perch, bass, and trout abound). A canoe is available for you to explore all the nooks and crannies of Lake Rescue.
The beautiful and recently renovated and expanded 18-hole Okemo Valley/Fox Run Golf course is nearby. An outdoor grill and picnic table are available for you to enjoy a wonderful cookout with spectacular views of the lake. And you can eat outdoors on the deck with a spectacular view. Other nearby activities include driving and hiking Okemo Mountain and riding the mountain slide at Pico.
In the fall, the foliage is spectacular. It is also a great place to enjoy a hike in the surrounding woods or antiquing in neighboring towns. And autumn is the perfect time to enjoy the foliage while canoeing around Lake Rescue.
In winter, the house is ideal for outdoor activities. The house is about three miles from Okemo and 12 miles from Killington’s Northeast chairlift. Lake Rescue is approximately one and one-half miles long and offers numerous activities in addition to nearby downhill skiing.
Lake Rescue usually has excellent conditions for cross-country skiing and the scenery is always beautiful. A full loop of the lake is approximately four miles. If you tire of exploring Lake Rescue, Echo Lake and Amherst Lake are easy to reach via interconnecting trails. Nearby Okimo Valley/Fox Run Cross Country Ski Center has extensive groomed trails for classical or skating skiers.
Ice fisherman love the lakes, and when the conditions are right, the ice skating is also good. Flood lights directed onto the lake allow you to enjoy lake activities after dark. Snowmobilers can utilize the lakes and the nearby access to all the interconnecting ski trails that Vermont offers (one-fourth mile from Lake Rescue). Once on the trails, you can even ride into Canada.
- 3500 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Pets Not Allowed:
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Washing Machine:
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Our Bensonwood timeberfame house (also known as a post and beam house) is characterized by beautiful Douglas firm beams, towering cathedral ceilings, and a wide open main floor. The Great Room is open to the Kitchen and Dining Room. This openness makes it possible for everyone to be included in family or group discussion or activities, no matter where they are on the main level....moreless
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill
- Kayak / Canoe
- Wood Deck
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Away From It All
Location & View
House is directly on the water, with views of the water and mountains from all levels of the house. The waterfront is sandy and wide stairs allow for easy access to water. We have a dock for fishing or tying up your boat....moreless
- Water Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Water Tubing
- Fly Fishing
- Live Theater
- Autumn Foliage
- Sight Seeing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Scenic Drives
- Mountain Biking
- Located on the sunny (east) side of Lake Rescue, only a few miles from Ludlow and skiing at Okemo and Killington. A short distance from Weston and Manchester VT. -- The nearby village of Ludlow, Vermont contains many fine restaurants. Other close-by towns include Chester, which is known for its fine antique stores. Weston, only a 15-minute drive away, is home to the famous Vermont Country Store, Weston Playhouse and also the beautiful Weston Priory. Manchester, is 35 minutes away and is well known for its many designer factory outlets. Woodstock, is known for picture post-card beauty and typical New England charm. Golf: The beautiful and recently renovated and expanded 18-hole Okemo Valley/Fox Run Golf course is nearby as is the wonderful Killington Golf Course and Golf School. Ski: World class Okemo Mountain is 4 miles away, and Killington is about 10 miles. Lake Rescue usually has excellent conditions for cross-country skiing and the scenery is always beautiful. A full loop of the lake is approximately four miles. If you tire of exploring Lake Rescue, Echo Lake and Amherst Lake are easy to reach via interconnecting trails. Nearby Okimo Valley/Fox Run Cross Country Ski Center has extensive groomed trails for classical or skating skiers. Ice fisherman love the lakes, and when the conditions are right, the ice skating is also good. Snowmobiles can utilize the lakes and the nearby access to all the interconnecting ski trails that Vermont offers (one-fourth mile from Lake Rescue). Once on the trails, you can even ride into Canada....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Fall(until Nov 1): $450/Day (3 day minimum )or $3,500 full week week Winter:$3,500 per week ($4,000 for New Year's & President's week) Winter weekend (2 days): $1,800; additional days are $500 Winter Mid-week (6 PM Sunday to 5 PM Friday): $2,500 Spring (until Until June 14) $3,000 per week or $2,250 mid week (Sunday to Friday Summer $3,750 per week or $2,500 mid-week (Sunday to Friday) $500 security deposit. Owner reserves right to limit number of occupants. .
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Rutland or Springfield VT at 30 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Rt 100 N and Rt. 103 at 2 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Okemo at 4 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Okemo Valley at 4 Miles
View from Lake
A wonderful view from deck
Bedroom overlooks lake
View is beautiful from deck any time of year
TV room on lower level has fireplace and overlooks the lake
Kitchen island and great room
Great room view from loft
View from road
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2001.
Date last modified - Monday, September 16, 2013