Gorgeous Gulf View*Sugar-White Sand Beach, Emerald Surf Just 120 Steps Away
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Feather Sound house description
This vacation home is less than 150 feet from the sugar-white sand beaches and emerald surf Cape San Blas is famous for. The spacious living area located on the top floor, and furnished for relaxation, offers gorgeous views of the Gulf of Mexico.
Its fully stocked kitchen with upscale, stainless steel appliances and the adjoining dining area with its magnificent gulf views make your culinary experience a very special one.
The house is roomy with three King Master Bedrooms, each with a private bath and access to a wide, shady deck appointed with comfortable furnishings. A den located on the second level between two of the king masters is furnished with a queen sofa sleeper for additional sleeping space, comfortable chairs, and a flat screen TV.
Sun decks and a large covered porch provide spots for lazing around, and to view the gorgeous sunsets. In the opposite direction, greet the morning with a cup of steaming coffee while watching a dazzling sunrise over the pristine waters of St. Joe Bay.
On the ground level, you will find a private, enclosed shower with hot and cold running water, an additional outdoor dining area with a charcoal grill, and plenty of parking space for your boat, trucks, and cars.
You have found the right place if you are looking for simpler coastal living. 'The Forgotten Coast' truly is one of the last unspoiled areas of Florida's Panhandle! Cape San Blas has relatively little development... no high-rise development, no congestion, and no fighting for position on the beach as the beaches are sparsely populated even during peak season.
So...what are you waiting for? Come and enjoy the simpler things of Life!
- Swim in the gentle and soothing emerald gulf waters.
- Fish from the shore, a rewarding activity to catch your own dinner. Or if you are here in the right time of the year, crabs and more crabs will flood to the shore for your pleasure.
- If deep water fishing is your choice, the Port St. Joe Marina is just 14 miles away. A great selection of charters are available. The marina offers a great restaurant with fresh seafood and entertainment in the evenings.
- Snorkeling and scalloping in St. Joseph Bay is the way to enjoy the pristine waters. The crystal clear waters of the bay are the perfect playground for scallopers. There is a limit what you can keep, and a few rules to abide by. The Scalloping Season is July 1 through September 10. Bay access is just five miles from the house at the St. Joseph State Park.
- Exploring the shoreline from the water either on the bay or gulf is easy. Get out your kayak or rent one here, and simply walk to the beach or get on the bay at the Stump Hole (two miles from the house), or the State Park and cruise the bay! A delightful renourishing experience. You may want to bring your rod and reel!
- If romance is what you seek, book a horseback riding sunset session on the beach. Contact the company of your choice, and meet them at Salinas Park just seven miles from the house, and prepare to enjoy the ride. Pack your picnic and walk to the beach, or contact Seahorse Water Safari at the Marina and get on a sunset cruise for $10 per person (prices subject to change).
- Explore the wild-flowers and birds of the area by biking, hiking or walking through the St. Joseph State Park. The bike path begins as you turn onto Cape San Blas Road and ends at the state park.
- Golfing is here as well. Just ten miles from the house is St. Joseph Country Club Golf Course open to the public.
- Shopping and restaurants? Port St. Joe just 14 miles from the house has a selection of shops on Reid Avenue, the Marina for great seafood, or the Sunset Coastal Grill with an excellent selection. For gourmet-on-the-go visit Provisions, or eat Mexican at Peppers; Pizza at Joe Mama's; and, the locals' favorite spot... Sisters, charming southern flavor with great prices, and big portions. On Cape San Blas there are a few convenience stores, The Trading Post, Scallop Cove, or Cone's Head for ice cream, hot dogs, salads, and quick lunch. Just a few more miles and you can be in Indian Pass at the famous Indian Pass Raw Bar...unpretentious atmosphere with great oysters, crab legs, gumbo, and shrimp.
- Feeling like exploring further, then drive to historic Apalachicola a charming quaint town 25 miles east with great gourmet restaurants and exquisite shops.
- For a taste of local history and arts, 14 miles away is the Constitution Museum in Port St. Joe; in Apalachicola the Dixie Theater, and the Gorrie Museum; right on Cape San Blas, Boardwalk Realty displays local artists in its exhibit hall free to the public.
Keywords: Single Beach House
- 2100 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- King size beds (3) This spacious home offers three(3) king master bedrooms, each with private access to a bath. Two are located on opposite ends of the second level and the third is located on the top floor adjacent to the living area. All the bedrooms have sliding glass doors that open to spacious decks with magnificent views of the Gulf of Mexico. A queen sofa sleeper is located in the fourth, which has recently been converted to a den with a flat screen TV and comfortable chairs. This room also has access to the deck....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Ice Maker
- Living Room seats 8:
- Towels Provided:
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Washing Machine:
- Linens Provided
- Covered Parking
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Parking Off Street
- Iron & Board
- Enclosed outdoor shower with hot and cold water.
- Satellite / Cable:
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Broadband Access
- Wood Deck
- Lawn / Garden
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
- Water Skiing
- Surf Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Jet Skiing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Pier Fishing
- Eco Tourism
- Live Theater
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Horseback Riding
ReviewsWrite a review
2013 Family Vacation
2013 Family Vacation
Recently returned from a stay at this home. I have a daughter with severe pet allergies, and I thought we might have to sacrifice some on a rental home to meet her needs. This house met the needs, and exceeded our expectations. The location could not be better. Close to the park, within walking distance to a nicely stocked store. The home is steps away from the beach, with a nice beach view. Accommodations are wonderful. We vacationed for a week, and our grown children came for the holiday weekend. There was enough room for all, with king-sized beds, private baths for every bedroom, and huge porches to enjoy the sunsets. The only down side was the cleaning service used at the time did not clean the property as it should have been cleaned. However, the owner, who is the nicest owner I've EVER dealt with, felt very badly about this and offered to have someone in to clean while we were there. That's an easy problem to fix, and I feel sure that she will. I would most definitely stay in this home again, and again, and again.
- Guest Nancy (Shalimar, FL)
- Date of stay 08/31/13
- Review Submitted 09/13/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, adventure seekers, girls getaway, families with teenagers, sightseeing.
A PERFECT MONTH IN CAPE SAN BLAS
A PERFECT MONTH IN CAPE SAN BLAS
So sad to leave your beautiful home on the most perfect beach in the world! From the moment we walked in to your home, we were impressed and it certainly felt like we were home. Everything about his house by the sea speaks of luxury and class. Most of the time, we had the beach all to ourselves. The sand felt like icing sugar. Very safe for children. Casting a line into the water and sitting back waiting for the Pompano bite, we could sit back and watch the dolphins dancing in the water. Seabirds were plentiful and varied. We took advantage of the local historical sites with visits to Apalachicola and Saint Joseph. Thank you very much for a perfect vacation, location, home and the angels ensured the weather was perfect too! We will be dreaming of a return to your most perfect Pasatiempo. Best regards, Ted & Lidia
- Guest Ted & Lidia (Ontario, Canada)
- Date of stay 11/01/12
- Review Submitted 12/08/12
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway, families with teenagers, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
RelaxingGuest comment entered by owner
I am reminded of what a wonderful vacation we had at Pasatiempo this summer. The house was as good as advertised, and the views from the decks were even better! We spent many hours just relaxing and soaking it all in. We will definitely keep Pasatiempo in mind for future vacations.
- Guest John, Missouri
- Date of stay 06/02/12
- Review Submitted 11/14/12
FamilyGuest comment entered by owner
Our family was blessed with a truly wonderful vacation in Cape San Blas, and we loved staying at your beautiful beach house. We found it to be very spacious and even more lovely than the photos. The beach access was convenient and the view was gorgeous. Hopefully, we will be able to visit again in the future.
- Guest S.S. , Tennessee
- Date of stay 06/09/12
- Review Submitted 11/14/12
Mark & Mary, Satsuma, Alabama
Mark & Mary, Satsuma, Alabama
GREAT VACATION HOME!!! This beach house is awesome! If you need a place to go to de-stress, this is the place to go. It was so peaceful sitting out on the deck, listening to the birds sing and the the soft sound of the ocean waves. At night we enjoyed watching the sunset on the beach. We could see the dolphins playing in the Gulf and the seabirds were amazing. There are beautiful flowering trees around the neighborhood and so there are many beautiful butterflies. It was walking distance to the beach. The owners of this home went out of their way to make sure that we had everything we need and that we were having a great time. All the bedrooms were very large rooms with comfortable king size beds, with very nice linens. The kitchen was stocked with very nice dishes and plenty of cookware to choose from. The owners of this home truly want you to be happy! We were extremely pleased and will definitely go back next year!!!
- Guest Mary (Satsuma, Alabama)
- Date of stay 10/19/12
- Review Submitted 11/03/12
Recommended for: Age 55+, adventure seekers, girls getaway, families with teenagers, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
Karen Farmer City, IL
Karen Farmer City, IL
The pictures of your home represented the property perfectly. The views from each balcony were awesome. Lynne kept in close contact and made sure all of our needs were met. We enjoyed most of our meals on the balcony. The beach on the gulf was wonderful. We spent all day every day at our own spot on the beach. We enjoyed viewing ocean life. We saw dolphins, a seahorse, 2 rays, birds and of course crabs. We left an elaborate sand castle for the future visitors. I hope others will enjoy it before it melts away. This vacation was very affordable split by 3 families. We enjoyed this home and the area so much we are planning our next visit to Cape San Blas and would stay again at this property.
- Guest Karen (Farmer City, IL)
- Date of stay 09/15/12
- Review Submitted 09/30/12
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, adventure seekers, girls getaway, families with teenagers, romantic getaway.
Thanks Lynne! We loved your beach house and location! The kids had so much fun building sand castles and seashell hunting. My husband and I enjoyed the beach bonfires with our new found friends that were also visiting from Ohio. Cape San Blas is truly idyllic - quiet pristine beach, dolphins and lots of seabirds to watch, and yet just around the corner a fantastic Trading Post with made to order delicious pizzas - ready in 15 minutes. What more could a family ask for! We appreciated that all of the bedrooms had quality king beds. Some other families we met were complaining that their accommodations had old beds so they weren't sleeping well. Not us - we had a great time. We just might have to do this again next Christmas!
- Guest Sharyl T.
- Date of stay 12/23/11
- Review Submitted 01/08/12
The house was everything the listing said and more. It was prefect for our vacation! The kids had a great time (and so did the grown ups!). Mother Nature gave us the prefect weather for the week. Lynne was very helpful throughout the whole process and even called to check on us the first day we were there. The house was close enough for the 2 year olds to walk to and only 3 roads from the Trading Post store as well. We spend an afternoon in Apalachicola and had a great time. We typically like trying new location on the Cape each year, but we may have found our "Cape Home"!! :)
- Guest Sabrina (Tennessee)
- Date of stay 09/24/11
- Review Submitted 10/04/11
Recommended for: Families with young children, girls getaway, families with teenagers, romantic getaway.
Owner response: Hello! So glad to hear that the short walk from the house to the beach was easy for the little ones, and that Pasatiempo served the needs of your whole family well. It was truly our pleasure to be your hosts and we hope you will return often in the future. Lynne
Our week at your home at Cape San Blas was wonderful. The house was everything we thought it would be and more. The distance to the beach was very accessible for our smaller visitors. The house was spacious and well equipped. I enjoyed talking to Lynne and getting to know the property before our visit. We spent two days on the bay side at the state park snorkling and finding interesting critters. My favorite spot at the house was the swing outside out bedroom. I could sneak off there with a book and hide out for a little while. I am looking forward to another chance to get back to Cape San Blas and hopefully this house will be available to our family.
- Guest Susan (Montezuma, GA)
- Date of stay 07/09/11
- Review Submitted 07/20/11
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway.
Great Vacation Home
Great Vacation Home
We couldn't have asked for more in a vacation home! It was just perfect for our family. It was wonderful to sit out on the balcony in the mornings and evenings and enjoy the serenity of the Cape. Thanks for making this vacation a memorable one for our family! If we visit again, this is where we will be staying!
- Guest Brandy (Crawford, GA)
- Date of stay 06/11/11
- Review Submitted 07/06/11
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children.
SPRING 2014... (Apr 12 - May 23)...$1325/WEEK SUMMER 2014... (May 24 - Sept 5)...$1725/WEEK FALL 2014... (Sept 6 - Nov 28)...$1195/WEEK Winter 2014... (Nov 29 - Dec 19)...$ 995/WEEK Monthly...Spr-$2,515; Fall-$2,345; Wint-$1,995 Utilities Included,Linens Furnished Additional: 11% sales tax. Refundable Security Deposit: $200.00 NO ADDITIONAL FEES - LINENS FURNISHED.CLEANING FEE IS INCLUDED IN THE RATES QUOTED Available year round Saturday to Saturday
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: Hello! We are Paul and Lynne,a business owner and teacher, who are originally from a small town near Nashville,TN. We first discovered 'The Cape' during the 80's while on vacation with our teenaged children, and are now enjoying it with them as adults accompanied by their own children. Cape San Blas is a truly unique family paradise!
Why the Owner Chose Feather Sound:
Miles of magnificent, unspoiled, glory of nature is what we discovered when we began vacationing at Cape San Blas. Each return trip finds it the same, simply unspoiled, simply lovely, simply relaxing.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Our house on Cape San Blas offers magnificent views, and is so close to the gulf, it feels very much like beach front. Its spaciousness and fun, friendly,Caribbean atmosphere allows us the perfect spot from which to launch all our adventures, and a haven upon our return.
- Primary: (615)202-6533
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Spacious,nicely furnished,Cape San Blas vacation rental home with boat parking
Magnificent Gulf Views from the main deck.
Living Area,with Magnificent Gulf Views,Opens to Large Deck for Entertaining.
Fully Equipped Kitchen with Stainless Steel Appliances is Open to Living/Dining
103650 is furnished with good quality,comfortable,items designed for relaxation
Upper Level Master Bedroom with King Size Bed, Private Bath, Magnificent views
King Master boast a double vanity in its bath and a lazy porch swing on its deck
Large Decks for Outdoor Dining, Entertaining, or just Relaxing
St Joe Bay view. At night, the lights of Port Saint Joe can be seen over the bay
The back of home(VRBO 103650)-green house on far right. Next photo is at sunset
Safe, Uncrowded, Sugar-White Beaches and Emerald Surf Just 120 Steps
Glorious Sunset View from the Porch Swing on the Second Level Deck.
Gorgeous Sunsets! View from your deck or stroll Just 120 Steps to the Beach
Magnificent Views of the Gulf of Mexico
Spacious Upper-level Living Area with Magnificent Gulf and Bay Views
Open Kitchen-Chefs never miss the fun while preparing the Catch of the Day.
Den,with queen sofa-sleeper and flat screen TV, is furnished for relaxation.
Second Level Blue Room boasts King Size Bed, Private Bath, gorgeous views
Time Passes-Lull your cares away in the porch swing.
Pristine St. Joseph Bay at Sunrise
The Neighborhood- View from The Beach.Our Home(103650)is on the Far Right.
Back of home(located on the far right)and Surrounding Neighborhood at Sunset.
120 Steps to Gentle Waves at Cape San Blas Beach
Easy beach access just 120 steps from the house. NO STREETS TO CROSS!
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Monday, December 09, 2013
4 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.