Cottages by the Ocean - Comfort, Charm and Value!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Other Fort Lauderdale Properties cottage description
'Cottages by the Ocean' is nationally rated as a Superior Small Lodging. It is a small, well-kept property of enchanting Key West-style studio and one bedroom cottages. The Cottages are less than two blocks from one of South Florida's best public beaches (with life guards), and a short walk to dozens of restaurants, shops, nightspots, public fishing pier, snorkel/dive boats, charter fishing boats, jet ski and boat rentals, nail and beauty salons, drug store, gourmet fish market and more. The closest 36-hole golf facility is a five-minute drive. I-95 is a 10-minute drive for easy access to attractions and shopping throughout South Florida.
The Cottages are located on a quiet street in the safe, ocean-side community of Pompano Beach, 15 min. from downtown Fort Lauderdale. Each restored 1940s cottage has fully equipped kitchen, sleeping and living areas, vaulted ceilings with beams and paddle fans, large screened-in porches, central sun deck area and lush landscaping. The unit includes a king size bed and sleeper sofa, and can sleep up to two adults and two children. For the comfort of future guests, no smoking is allowed.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 3, Beds for 3
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Linens Provided
- Living Room seats 5
- Iron & Board
- Towels Provided
- Parking Off Street
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Phone/fax/voice mail, Wireless Internet, Stereo/CD Player, Radio Alarm Clock, Hair Drier, Cooking Utensils, Fresh Linens, Coin Laundry, Books, games, videos, beach chairs/towels - Beautiful award winning beach - a short walk away! Visit Butterfly World, Fern Forest Nature Center, or Quiet Waters Park. Drive to the Everglades for airboat and swamp buggy rides, photography, Indian reservations, alligator farms, nature trails, kayaking, fishing, and bird watching. Just for the Kids: Visit museums, water parks, the zoo and Seaquarium and various playgrounds and arcades....moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Lawn / Garden:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
- Basketball Court
- Surf Fishing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Roller Blading
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winery Tours
- Water Parks
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Eco Tourism
- Botanical Garden
- Recreation Center
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Gambling Casinos
- Outlet Shopping
- Horseback Riding
- Bird Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Walk across the beach road to our newly redesigned, award-winning “Blue Wave” beach with picnic tables, play areas, exercise equipment and lifeguards. Snorkel and dive trips 3x daily; charter party and fishing boats, enjoy public fishing pier, surfing, jet skis and boat rentals and gambling cruises....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 20 - Jan 23, 2014
3 night min stay
Jan 24 - Mar 30, 2014
3 night min stay
Mar 31 - May 1, 2014
3 night min stay
May 2 - Dec 11, 2014
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
ONE BEDROOM/ONE BATH APT IS ALSO AVAILABLE. PLEASE INQUIRE FOR RATES. All major credit cards accepted. *Rates subject to change until confirmed. Rates for holidays and special events may be higher. Pet friendly for dogs less than 20 lbs that don’t bark to disturb other guests. Inquire about terms and non-refundable pet fee. We have a strict cancellation policy so travel insurance is recommended.
Additional charges include an exit cleaning fee studio $75, and 11% taxes. 50% of the total is due upon signing the rental agreement. The balance is due 30 days prior to arrival. A $500 security deposit is due prior to arrival, and is posted on the guest’s credit card as a temporary hold on the funds and NOT a charge to the card. Check in beginning 4 pm. Check out by 10 am.
- Pet Fee: $100
- Tax Rate 11%
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Fort Lauderdale International at 10 Miles
- Nearest Train: Amtrack at 5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Award winning Pompano Beach - 2 blocks away at 0.1 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Pompano's Municipal Greg Norman Golf Course at 2 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Numerous restaurants within walking distance at 0.1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2000
About the owner: Elaine Fitzgerald is the Mom AND the Pop at Beach Vacation Rentals, and owns several vacation rentals all listed on VRBO. She was a former TV journalist and then owner of a PR and marketing firm for many years, before starting her retirement business as an innkeeper.
- Primary: +1 (954) 283-1111 Reservations - Patti or Mark
- Secondary: +1 (954) 283-1111
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Welcome to Cottages by the Ocean!
Inviting living area
One Bedroom of Cottage
Immaculate Kitchen of One Bedroom Cottage
Living, dining and kitchen area of a standard Studio Cottage
Cottages are quiet and serene
Our award-winning Blue Wave beach.
Our newly remodeled public beachfront (april 2013).
Our new beachfront has lovely natural plantings, walkways and bike path.
Our charter fishing fleet and snorkel and dive boats are just up the road.
Quaint Cottage complex
Comfy sleeping area of studio cottage
Relax on the screened porch!
Living room of One Bedroom Cottage
Kitchen area of Studio Cottage
Everyone loves the screened in porches
Host: Elaine Fitzgerald welcomes you!
Our beach is pristine - one of the prettiest in South Florida.
New children's play area on the beach, next to free exercise station for adults.
Walk to dozens of great restaurants in all price ranges.
Historic Hillsboro Lighthouse is the backdrop for our wide, sandy beach.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2001.
Date last modified - Wednesday, December 11, 2013
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.