Snowbound Log Cabin in Bear Valley Ski Resort
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Bear Valley cabin description
Enjoy the unique adventure of a snowbound log cabin in Bear Valley California. Located at 7000 feet elevation, and close to both Downhill and Cross Country Skiing, Bear Valley offers adventure and breathtaking scenery. It is a place where you park your car, and do not need to use it again until you leave.
A convenient shuttle bus will lift you to the ski lifts at the Bear Valley Mountain Resort for downhill skiing and snowboarding. Cross country skiing is right at your door, and in the nearby meadow with groomed tracks provided by Bear Valley Cross Country ski area. Skiing home, to the Log Cabin, for Downhill skiers, is an adventure not to be missed, for the advanced skier, with good orientation skills, while the cross country skier, will find it to be a nice level scenic glide from the Cross Country Center.
Our Cabin has two bedrooms and a bunk area upstairs, and a warm living room, with a fireplace downstairs. The kitchen features an Antique Wood/Gas cookstove, and a microwave oven, coffeemaker, and all utensils. All linens are provided. Upon arrival, your party and your luggage will be transported oversnow to the cabin. On departure, the same service will be provided.
The little Village of Bear Valley, is a 15 minute walk over groomed snow, where you will find several shops, 1 restaurant, and the shuttle to the ski lifts.
Keywords: Log Cabin
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
Bathrooms: 1.5 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Parking Off Street:
- Wood Stove:
- Clothes Dryer
- Wood Fireplace
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Our Powderbears Log Cabin is a unique experience. In winter it is not possible to drive to the cabin, so we transport our guests and their supplies up to the cabin upon arrival, from the central parking lot in the Bear Valley Village. There is cross country skiing right at your doorstep and in the nearby meadow. Downhill snowsports are a short shuttle bus ride away. The shuttle bus is about 10 to 15 minutes walk from the Log Cabin. You will not need your car until you leave, when we transport your stuff back to the parking lot and assist you in getting organized for your return to the real world....moreless
- Video Library:
- Music Library:
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Broadband Access
Location & View
- Rock Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Cabin is snowbound with no auto access. Cross country, and adventuresome Downhill skiers, can ski right up to the cabin. Return transport to Downhill skiing is via shuttle bus, about 15 minutes walk from Cabin, then 15 minutes to the ski lifts. My cost is a bit higher than Tahoe, but there's no traffic, few cars, world class skiing with hidden treasures for Alpine, Nordic, Telemark, and Powder skiers, snowshoers, snowmobilers, Snowboarders, whatever.... Skiing home is priceless, and your stay can include a guided tour from the top of the ski lifts to the cabin door (suitable to strong skiers with good orientation skills. Some traversing and walking are part of the adventure) Call us at 415 779 2093 for the latest update on snow conditions, or to make a reservation....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
The Powderbears Log Cabin is the perfect getaway. Rustic, charming, clean and comfortable the cabin is an ideal place for families and friends. The kids (and the big kids)love being able to sled, saucer and ski right outside the front door. I have been going to the cabin for 22 years both winter and summer- Phil is an incredible host- a living legend who is knowledgeable not only about the local area but also about skiing all over the world.
- Guest Tricia Roth (Queensland,Australia)
- Date of stay 11/01/06
- Review Submitted 11/01/06
Non-Holiday Rate .......................... $300/night for the first Two Nights. Three Day Weekends, Christmas, New Years .. $300/night (3 and 4 night minumum) Non-Holiday ............................... $250/night (3 night minimum). All Rentals Subject to 10% Alpine County Room Tax. Christmas and New Years 4 night minimum
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Primary: (209) 753-2136 (California, USA)
- Secondary: (415) 779-2093
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front Deck in Winter
Living room and fireplace area
Dining and Kitchen area
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Thursday, October 10, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1.5 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.