Villa Arcaia - Luxury Villa Rental on Tuscan-Umbrian Border
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Chiusi villa description
Villa Arcaia is a fine country residence on a hilltop, minutes away
from the Tuscan-Umbrian border, surrounded by an idyllic countryside, a patchwork of arable fields, citadels, lakes and wooded hillsides.
Set in wide park of cypress trees and olive groves, Villa Arcaia is a three-building structure comprising four separate and wholly
independent units, that can sleep up to 28 people, with facilities for the disabled. Guests are sure to have a welcome that is courteous and discriminating, and at the same time heartfelt.
All the rooms have their own character. The four units vary in size
and ensure that all guests have complete privacy. All the bedrooms are furnished with taste and come with heating and air conditioning. The accommodation is highly flexible and can cater for all possible requisites guests may have. Whether you are having a special gathering and need a large structure or wish to have a pleasant and relaxing time away from home, Villa Arcaia is the ideal setting. Contact us to book the whole residence or any one of its units.
The main house, Bellosguardo, is a typical foursquare turreted
country house dating back to the nineteenth century. It underwent a radical restyling in the 1960s by a slghtly eccentric actress, who turned it into an exclusive venue for parties and receptions. Keeping in this tradition great care was taken to preserve the irresistible atmosphere of the “swinging sixties” during the most recent restoration. From the main entrance, the spacious Bellosguardo opens to an elegant living room on the left-hand side as well as to a dining room, a comfortable and well-equipped kitchen on the right-hand side. Furnishings are eclectic in style: Italian-designed collectors’ items, antique furniture, a large working fireplace, carved wood panelling in addition to a number of modern-day amenities. Bellosguardo also features a wide terrace with an enchanting view over the Umbrian countryside that can be accessed from the kitchen, living room as well as from the outside; a veranda in part, the terrace is equipped for barbecues and is wheel-chair accessible.
Bellosguardo's two upper floors are accessed through an elegant
staircase. Two luxurious suites with views over the countryside (a
working fireplace in one of them) and a truly remarkable bathroom for its size and décor are on the second floor. A double-bedroom with windows on two-sides, a bathroom and a small terrace are on the third floor. From the third floor, absolutely enchanting views can be enjoyed over the whole Tuscan and Umbrian countryside.
A few steps away are the two buildings known as i buccheri, former
farmers homes that have been beautifully refurbished to provide
accommodation. All appartments have been kept in classic Tuscan
style with tiled ceilings and wooden beams interwining, and feature
rustic furniture in the best local handicraft tradition. All have
heating and air conditioning.
The larger of the two buildings comprises Il Patio and Le Logge while the smaller one is Il Capanno which hosts 2. Il Patio on the ground floor has a large and furnished patio with two entrances through which the bedrooms and bathrooms can be easily accessed, particularly attractive living quarters with a working fireplace as well as a comfortable and fully equipped kitchen. It can host up to 8 people. Le Logge are on the first floor accessible from an external staircase. It includes a living-cum-dining room, kitchen, two bedrooms and two bathrooms. It hosts up to 6 people. For its guests' exclusive use, a charming terrace equipped for barbecues.
All over the garden, guests will find areas in the open as well as
verandas and porches, where to relax and indulge in reading or meditation.
Altogether the estate spreads over 26000 m² of land, of which about 9000 m² is taken up by the garden and terracing, with a wall enclosing the buildings. The remaining land is used to grow fodder for animals and as an extensive olive grove.
- Vacation Rental
- Limited Accessibility:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 12 Bedrooms, Sleeps 28, Beds for 24-28
- King size beds (2) Both are in suites in Bellosguardo. One suite includes a working fireplace. , Queen size Beds (2) In Bellosguardo, what we refer to as "Family" hosts up to four people. , Double Beds (8) One double is in Bellosguardo; 4 are in Il Patio; 2 are in Le Logge; one is Il Capanno., Baby Cribs (1) A movable crib available in Il Patio., Sleep Sofa or Futons (4) Two sofabeds are in Bellosguardo; two in Le Logge. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 10 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
We work with specialized catering services for special events (weddings, anniversaries, family reunions, professional meetings and so on). We also arrange: cook on premise to prepare unforgetable local/Mediterrenean dishes; maid services. Contact us for details and prices. ...moreless
- Wood Fireplace:
- Parking Off Street:
- Linens Provided:
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- - 2 suites, 11 bedrooms, 10 bathrooms, 3 kitchens, hall, dining-room, 2 living-dining rooms, patios, small and wide terraces, veranda - 24/28 people. - Altitude above sea-level: 300 m. - Park: 26000 sqm. wide, 9000 sqm. of which is fenced and arranged as garden. - Solarium-terrace, floored and equipped. - Included supplies: electricity, water, gas for gas-stove, heating, initial cleaning, maintenance for swimming pool and park. - Other accessories: books and magazines, hair-dryer. - Arrival: Saturdays from 4 PM to 8 PM. - Departure: Saturdays by 10 AM. - Security deposit: Yes. - Extras (compulsory): final cleaning....moreless
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Private Pool:
- Jetted Tub
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Water View:
- Lake View:
- Mountain Biking
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- The Villa is at 10-minutes drive from both the Chiusi Train Station and from Highway A1 (Chiusi-Chianciano Terme Exit) and only 5 minutes from ancient Etruscan Chiusi downtown. Chiusi is a very strategic point: one hour from Rome and Florence (both by train or Highway A1), half an hour from Siena, Arezzo, Perugia, Assisi. The Villa is minutes away drive from many typical small towns as Pienza, Cetona, Cortona, Montepulciano, Trasimeno Lake, Montalcino and many other towns for your enjoyable daily trips. - Etruscan tombs and Museum in Chiusi: 4 miles/6,5 Km. - Montepulciano free red wine tastings: 15 miles/24,2 Km. - Trasimeno Lake and its Islands: 7 miles/11,3 Km. - Siena and the Palio (June/August): 35 miles/56,4 Km. - Cortona: 15 miles/24,2 Km. - Montalcino Brunello wine caves: 30 miles/48,3 Km. - Orvieto: 25 miles/40,3 Km. - Assisi: 45 miles/72,5 Km. - Golf course: 10 miles/16,1 Km. - Tennis court: 2 miles/3,2 Km....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Oct 2-Apr 30 whole residence 24/28 people: €4000/week. Christmas Week whole residence 24/28 people: €5000/week. New Year's Week whole residence 24/28 people: €6500/week. May 1-June 30 whole residence 24/28 people: €5000/week. July 1-August 30 whole residence 24/28 people: €6500/week. Sept 1- Oct 2 whole residence 24/28 people: €5000/week. Oct 2-Dec 20 whole residence 24/28 people: €4000/week. Smaller units for 6, for 8 and/or for 12 people available
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
Suite with fireplace
The Villa's swimming pool
An exceptional bathroom
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Sunday, October 20, 2013