Lexington Lakefront Cottage (Sleeps 7) on Lake Huron!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Lexington cottage description
These lakefront comfortable clean cottages are only 1 1/2 hours from the Detroit Metropolitan area. We are open all year round and priced so that families can come and enjoy themselves in a cottage that looks directly at Lake Huron for a week or a getaway weekend. They are located in a friendly resort town complete with free music in the park during the summer, golf courses, restaurants, coffee shops, craft fairs, festivals, kayak rentals and oh so much more!
Step out your front door and enjoy swimming, lying on the beach, boating, walking, fishing, or sit on the wrap around deck while watching the freighters. Cook your marshmallows while relaxing on the log swing built for two. Love to read? Sit on the wicker chairs in the screened in porch while watching the boats sail by. There is not a more beautiful spot in the thumb area to watch the fall change of colors. Close by is the voted 'most beautiful' harbor in Michigan.
We have cottages north and south of the Lexington light as well as 2 properties in downtown Lexington. The bedrooms range from 2-4 depending on the cottage. The Sailaway cottage pictured sleeps seven. Lounge in front of the gas fireplace with cable TV and DVD player. Listen to your favorite music on the stereo. Light up the gas BBQ grill and cook your fresh caught fish, or prepare a meal in the fully stocked kitchen.
The Sailaway master bedroom has 1 queen-size bed. Upstairs, there are 3 rooms. The first room has 1 twin and a window air conditioner. The second room has two twin beds and a view of Lake Huron. The third bedroom has 2 twin beds and looks directly at Lake Huron. The fully equipped kitchen has everything you need including a full size refrigerator, stove, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, pots, pans, dishes, silverware, cups, glasses and more! The dining room table seats eight. There are outdoor tables and chairs on the deck. There are numerous fans throughout the cottage.
Enjoy playing horseshoes in the yard or set up your volleyball net. There is plenty of room to enjoy all summer activities. Please visit our main web site at a1cottages for additional photos and availability of each of our 10 cottages. Each cottage has its own character, features and amenities. Thank you for considering A-1 Cottage Rentals.
Keywords: cottages in lexington mi,lakefront cottages for rent, cabin, rental, vacation rental, cottages by the lake, lake huron cottages
- 1000 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
We have a small ramp leading from the driveway to the wrap around deck. There is a door on the deck that you can access the main floor. There is 1 queen bedroom on the main floor. The 5 twin beds are upstairs and would not be handicapped acessible. The bathroom door is 26' side and would not fit a large wheelchair....moreless
- Pets Considered:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 7
- Queen size Beds (1), Twin or Single Beds (5)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available
- Cooking Utensils
- Air Conditioning:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Iron & Board
- Parking Off Street
- We have 10 lakefront/lakeview cottages with gorgeous views of Lake Huron. They sleep 2-8 people. All cottages have a porch or deck, fully equipped kitchen, living room with cable TV on Lake Huron, Yard has fire pit, wood swing and horseshoe pits at the Sailaway cottage with a large yard. This cottage has unobstructed views of Lake Huron. Smoking is allowed outside only. The sunrises are breath taking! Families are welcome. Loud parties are not. You must be 25 years or older to rent our cottages. Visit our main web site for additional photos and cottage availability: www.a1cottages.com. We do not update the VRBO calendar. Please check a1cottages.com web site for current availability as we are listed on several different web sites....moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- CD Player
Lanai / Gazebo:
Screen in porch with 14 windows looking directly at Lake Huron. White wicker furniture is a comfortable place to sit with your favorite beverage while reading or watching the freighters go by....moreless
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Lake View
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Freshwater Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Massage Therapist
- Basketball Court
- Winery Tours
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Wildlife Viewing
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Music in the park is free on Friday evenings during the summer as well as many activities. There is a drive-in theater clsoe by that shows current movies during the summer. Lexington has festivals, classic car shows, music, bike night, fishing, golfing, Margaritafest, Harvestfest, triathlon, civil-war re-enactments and more! We have fun family events! For cottage availability please visit www.a1cottages.com. We do not update the calendar on the VRBO web site as we are listed on several on web sites. We do however, have 10 lakefront and lake view cottages available for rental in the Lexington Michigan area. We also manage 2 cottages in downtown Lexington. Our cottages start filling up in January so please call to check availability so you get the cottage the week you would like to visit!...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Our thoughts on the Sailaway
Our thoughts on the Sailaway
This is the fourth year we have rented the Sailaway cottage from A1 Cottage Rentals in Lexington, Michigan. Every year when we show up, the Sailaway is very clean, very dry, and pest free. The mattresses and linens on the bed are also very clean and pest free. We bring little girls under 10 to the cottage, and the beach is right across the street. The Sailaway has a large kitchen with a large table which is great for family gatherings in the evening for a zealous board game. All the appliances work and there is plenty of hot water for all to freshen up after a day at the beach. We have rented cottages from others in the past and had more bad experiences than good experiences, and after the Sailaway, we simply would not consider a different cottage.
- Guest Papa (Royal Oak, Michigan)
- Date of stay 07/05/13
- Review Submitted 08/21/13
Recommended for: Families with young children.
Owner response: At A1 Lakefront Cottage Rentals, we believe that repeat business is the name of the game. We've watched the children and grandchildren grow up over the years and become part of our family so to speak. A1 provides good mattresses, bedding and furniture that would we expect to have if we were renting someone else's home!
Our weekend at this cottage was restful and enjoyable. In addition to the homey, comfortable inside atmosphere, the enclosed porch allows views of Lake Huron if it's not nice enough to sit outside. There is a nice, large wrap around porch that also provides a lovely view of the lake. A park that has steps down to the beach is directly across the street from the house. Great location!!
- Guest CaroleG (Michigan)
- Date of stay 04/19/13
- Review Submitted 08/20/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with teenagers, age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway.
Owner response: The Sailaway Cottage does have gorgeous views of Lake Huron from the wrap around deck, screened in porch and the living room. There is plenty of room to set up a volleyball net and to play horseshoes which is already in the yard. Many of our return customers have already reserved a week for next year!
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
We only rent by the week during late June, July and August. Weekends available after Labor Day through May 20. We are open all year round. Rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Detroit Metropolitan Airport at 100 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Marine City at 40 Miles
- Nearest Train: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada at 35 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: M-25/Lakeshore Rd - 4 blocks at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Steis's Village Inn, Cadillac House at 3.75 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Steis's Village Inn, Cadillac House, A & W, Beck's at 3.75 Miles
Year Purchased: 2002
About the owner: We have been renting cottages to people for over 20 years. We supply our cottages with the things that we always want when we go on vacation. Lake Huron is only a few steps away
Why the Owner Chose Lexington:
Lexington is the secret gem on the eastern shores of Michigan. We offer everything from the theatre to golf to fishing to swimming on a great lake for half the cost of going to the western side of Michigan. Small town friendliness, unique shops and beautiful beaches which is what attracted us to the area.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Our family enjoys sitting on the deck looking at Lake Huron with the comforts of a bathroom close by, a refrigerator, comfortable chairs, tables for your food and drinks and the peacefulness of the area. I also love sitting with a good book in one of the wicker chairs while looking at the lake.
- Primary: +1 (810) 334-9544
- Secondary: +1 (810) 858-7742 Christine
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Sailaway Cottage has an outstanding view of Lake Huron!
Sailaway Porch has comfy chairs and beautiful views of Lake Huron
Spacious cottages sleep 4 to 8 people depending on the cottage
Cottage #1 directly on Lake Huron-3 bedrooms sleeps 8
6 of our cottages are on 4 acres with 100' of private beach
Sailaway Living Room with cable TV and gas fireplace
Newly purchased 6 lakefront cottages-100' of private beach on 4 acres
Example of one of our queen bedrooms
Fully equipped kitchen in every cottage
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Tuesday, December 03, 2013
4 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
+1 (810) 334-9544
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.