Chula Vista Golf Avail January and April Near Spanish Springs
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:30-31 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
El Cortez house description
Good Day! Thank You for taking the time to find my beautiful home. You won’t be disappointed. This home is a fully furnished 2 bedroom, 2 bath ranch style dwelling with golf cart located on the 8th hole of the Chula Vista Golf Course in the El Cortez section of The Villages. You can find additional pictures and information regarding this beautiful property at our website listed below 'Links to more information'.
This truly is a home away from home with everything you'll need. Winn Dixie, Target, Publix, Chipotle, Pannero's, Sam's Club, Kohl's, Walmart as well as banks are nearby.The Villages, located in Lady Lake Florida is considered by many to be 'The Premier Gated Adult Community' It’s often referred to as the Disneyland for adults. There are 30 executive golf courses which are free to play but have a nominal greens fee ($5.00). There are free recreational centers with heated pools, tennis, pickle ball, bocce ball, shuffleboard, as well as two bowling alleys. If you like swimming pools, the Chula Vista Pool is a mere 2-minute walk away.
There is approximately 1300 square feet of living space with a separate laundry room and a screened in lanai. Beautiful French Doors in the Master Bedroom face the golf course and Lake. Your Village-Get-Away is fully equipped with a refrigerator, stove, microwave/convection oven, dishwasher, cookware, dishware, glassware, silverware, numerous small appliances, a stereo with cd player and radio. Internet connection (DSL) and Comcast cable television service is provided.
The Living room has a large sectional sofa, 2 reclining chairs, entertainment center and bookshelves. There is a 52 inch television with stereo surround sound. Please feel free to take a book/leave a book. This way the library is constantly changing with new titles. There are two separate dining areas adjacent to the kitchen. The 2 bedrooms have Queen sized beds, televisions , lots of closet space and bed linens. The 2 full size bathrooms have towels, wash cloths and plenty of space. The open-air carport will shade your vehicle and the 2 person Golf Cart that this rental property offers during your stay of at least one month. There will be a $65 charge for weekly-only renters using the Golf Cart.
Activities and Attractions:
You are just minutes away from nightly entertainment like 'Happy Hour' at Katie Belle's or dancing in The Villages Town Square. There’s hiking, biking, golfing, tennis, racquetball, fitness centers with gym equipment, crafts, shuffleboard, horseshoes, sports clubs, miniature golf, fishing, wildlife viewing, shopping, restaurants, cinemas, swimming, listening to music, holding hands and walking under the moon light (with someone of course!), country clubs, and churches. The Villages has a sixty-bed hospital, their own radio & TV station, as well as a daily newspaper. Other attractions within driving distance (1 hour away) are Disney World & Universal Studios, The Kennedy Space Center, Sea World and of course, the beaches. Shuttle service between The Villages and the Orlando Airport is available.
Keywords: Home, Golf Course, Golf Cart, Shopping, Restaurants, Pools, bikes, internet access, cable TV, lake view, golf cart path, friendly, convenient to all!
Cool Facts About The Villages
The Villages is definitely one place that’s getting cooler with age. Check out these fun facts:
1. The Villages population passed 100,000 in early 2013 with the total population projected to be close to 110,000 by 2015.
2. An average of 20 people move into The Villages every day.
3. To maintain its 55+ status under federal law, at least 80 percent of homes must be occupied by at least one person who is 55 years of age or older.
4. The average age in The Villages for a male is 62 and female is 60.
5. Persons under the age of 19 years are not permitted to reside within The Villages but may visit for a maximum of 30 days per year unless a longer exemption is granted.
6. Three Villages subdivisions are designated as “family units” and are not subject to the under-19 restriction.
7. In 2011, The Villages sold almost one percent of all the new homes in the entire United States.
8. One real estate journal reported that The Villages sold about 2.5 times more homes than the second largest development in the United States in 2011. In 2012 they sold 1,417 more homes than the 2nd largest development.
9. Forbes Magazine named The Villages as the fastest growing town (under 100,000) in the United States from 2007 to 2010., about 25% more than second fastest Pecos, Texas, and far ahead of the rest in the top 25 fastest.
10. There are about 46,000 homes occupied in The Villages as of January 1, 2013. The current projected total number of home sites available at build out is 56,268.
11. New home sales in The Villages continue to average approximately 200-250 per month.
12. Pre-owned home sales in The Villages are currently averaging 200 per month.
13. Half of the people buying homes in The Villages pay cash for their house.
14. The average household income for home buyers in The Villages is $93,800.
15. The average household income for the state of Florida is $47,661.
16. When The Villages opened up home sales South of CR 466A – 55 homes sold in first eight days.
17. Villages range in size from 100 homes to 1550 homes. The Village of Duval is the largest with 1550 homes.
18. The Villages property area covers over 32 square miles and 23,000 acres.
19. There are over 100 miles of golf cart paths.
20. The Villages occupies parts of three counties in Florida (Lake, Sumter & Marion).
21. The population of the Villages grows by approximately 4,500 annually.
22. There are three town squares (Spanish Springs, Lakes Sumter Landing and Brownwood).
23. There are ten commercial areas (Lake Sumter Landing, Spanish Springs, La Plaza Grande, Buffalo Ridge, Colony Plaza, Southern Trace, Spanish Plaines, Mulberry Grove, Brownwood Paddock Square, and soon Antrim Dells (will be next to Brownwood Square).
24. Commercial property at the Villages FL averages a 97 percent occupancy rate.
25. The Villages is planned to be home to 2.7 million square feet of commercial buildings and retail tenants.
26. Approximately 150,000 people travel through The Villages each day along its busiest corridor US 441/27.
27. There are over 2,200 organized clubs in The Villages.
28. There are currently 63 recreation centers in The Villages.
29. There are currently eight villages south of CR466A (Pinellas, Pinellas at Cedar Grove, Pinellas at Evans Prairie, Gilchrist, Fernandina Fernandina at MacClenny, Sanibel and Charlotte) bringing to total number of villages in The Villages FL to 78.
30. The Villages has more holes of golf than any other community/facility in the world with currently 540 holes. (Mission Hills in China is second with 216 holes).
31. At build out there will be 621 holes of golf in The Villages FL.
32. South of CR466A there are two new country clubs (Bonifay and Evans Prairie) and one new executive golf course (Palmetto) bringing the total in The Villages to 11 country clubs and 30 executive courses.
33. By final build out The Villages will operate 12 country-club championship courses.
34. There are about 10,000 tee times available each day in The Villages.
35. Last year a total of 55,663 Villagers played one or more rounds of golf for a total of 2,546,611 rounds of golf. The approximate number of miles driven in golf carts for this many rounds of golf on The Villages golf courses total 6,330,365 miles. That’s a distance equivalent to driving around the world at the Equator 254 times.
36. There were 1,832 holes-in-one recorded in The Villages last year. That’s 5 holes in one recorded every day of the year in 2011.
37. 316 Villagers shot their age or better last year a total of 1,500 times.
38. Statistically, there were 5,810,493 golf balls lost in The Villages last year.
39. About one-third of Villages residents are regular golfers
40. Playing 36 holes per day, a Villager could play 15 straight days of golf in The Villages without repeating a hole.
41. Golf cars are the vehicle of choice in The Villages. There are over 50,000 golf carts in The Villages
42. The Villages Golf Cars has three showrooms in The Villages and they combine to sell more Yamaha golf cars than any other dealer in the United States.
43. 315 Holes of golf in The Villages have Received Audubon International’s Silver Certified Sanctuary Designation.
44. The CBS Sunday Morning segment of May 2011 featured a video segment on The Villages Golf Carts and it continues to make the rounds on YouTube with over 4 million views.
45. Villagers play 5,200 softball games each year
46. There are currently 133 men’s softball teams, 15 ladies teams, and 68 co-ed teams competing in 17 leagues over three seasons.
47. The Villages has 216 softball teams (2,592 players) playing 164 games per week and approximately 2,296 games for the winter season which is the busiest.
48. Softball totals for the past year are 555 teams (6,660 players) playing approximately 5,572 total games over 3 seasons.
49. The two largest recreation events in The Villages each year are Camp Villages with over 7,000 Villagers and grandchildren participating, and the Senior Games, where Villagers compete in multiple events in sixteen different sports ranging from bocce to basketball, archery to volleyball.
50. 1,417 athletes participated in one or more events in this year’s Senior Games in The Villages, totaling 2,796 entries in all 16 sports.
51. 157 athletes (11%) of the athletes participated in more than five events in this year’s Senior Games in The Villages.
52. Six Senior Games sports do not involve a ball – archery, badminton, horseshoes, shuffleboard, swimming, and track (excluding field events).
53. The Villages has more than 100 tennis courts.
54. There are over 100 pickleball courts in The Villages.
55. . Homes prices range from $100,000 to over 1 million dollars
- 1400 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Senior Adults Only Community
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- NOTE: THE GOLF COURSES ARE OPEN. Executive Courses are free ( 9 holes ) but there is a nominal trail fee. The 18 hole courses have a fee. This is a 50+ year old - adult community. There is a 2 person Golf cart available. Renter will sign agreement not to drive outside of 'The Villages' proper. The Villages has over 33 golf courses and 42 swimming pools. Shopping, restaurants and entertainment within walking distance. For additional picture view InTheVillages.com...moreless
- Pool Table:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Golf Course Front
- Golf Course View
- Lake View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Roller Blading
- Air Conditioning
- Broadband Access
- Clothes Dryer
- Covered Parking
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Lanai / Gazebo
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Sep 1 - Nov 30, 2014
30 night min stay
Winter (Moderate High)
Dec 1 - Dec 31, 2014
31 night min stay
Jan 1 - Mar 31, 2015
31 night min stay
Apr 1 - May 31, 2015
30 night min stay
Summer (Low -Moderate)
Jun 1 - Aug 31, 2015
30 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Taxes Not included
Lease commences at 12:00 p.m. on the 1st day of XXX, 201X (the “Check-In Time”) and shall terminate at 12:00 p.m. on the 28th/30th/31st day of XXX, 201X (the “Check-Out Time”), unless terminated at an earlier date in accordance with the provisions of this lease dealing with default. Owner will use its commercially reasonable efforts to have the Rental Property ready for occupancy
The Tenant shall pay the Owner total rent in the sum of: $XXXX.00, Security deposit of: $XXX.00 (which will be refunded, minus $75.00 cleaning fee and Renter’s Passes $50.00 (up to two - Entitles renter access to all recreational activities of a Village resident) providing no damage is done and the Rental Property is cleaned and in the same condition as it was in at Check-In Time)
Travel with confidence
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property's calendar has not been updated in over 2 months. You can contact the owner for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
Car: Not Necessary
Location, Location, Location! Home is just a short walk from Spanish Springs Town Square. Two bedroom, two bath site built home is in the wonderfully convenient Village of El Cortez. Located close to Mira Mesa and on the Chula Vista golf course. Walk to the Chula Vista Recreation Center which is a great spot for relaxing poolside or playing tennis, pickle ball, shuffleboard or bocce. Spanish Springs offers numerous live entertainment venues in the form of musicals, variety and comedy shows throughout the year to enjoy either as a spectator or participant. The Town Square also offers shopping, restaurants, nightly live entertainment, dancing, happy hour, outdoors vendor nights and first run movie cinema. There are so many dining choices and shopping all convenient to walk to or just a short ride in the Golf Cart. The Villages offer so many restaurants and Country Clubs that you could eat out for two months or more and not have to go to the same restaurant twice. Sumter Landing town square is just a short golf cart ride away. This home has recently been beautifully updated - Dish television and WiFi internet all are included. The beautifully decorated living room is spacious and offers a 55” HD flat-screen TV, sectional and leather chairs with ottomans. Back yard golf course and lake view is perfect for enjoying your morning coffee. Just pack your bags! The kitchen is fully equipped for all your cooking needs and you can choose to have your meals in the lovely breakfast nook or in the more formal dining room.
Saving the best for last, there is a 2-passenger electric golf cart equipped with headlights and turn signals, ready for your use on the golf course or around town, day or night for your driving pleasure. If you like bocce, shuffleboard, horseshoes, pickle ball or tennis, there's plenty to be found that's just a short golf car ride away. Bicycles are also available for an evening ride. The location of this home is so great that you could get away without ever using a car. Come on down!!!
NO PETS, NO SMOKING.
Year Purchased: 2006
About the owner: Mid Atlantic native (Southern Maryland) looking to retire in The Villages. Avid walkers. Love swimming and music. There are currently eight major grocery stores. The Villages has over 100 dining choices on property (and many more nearby). Villagers spend over $200 million dollars annually in eating and drinking establishments. The Villages is the safest single site development in the country with the lowest crime rate. The Villages Community Watch is comprised of six full time and 294 part time employees. According to the Community Watch its employees patrol 80,000 miles of neighborhood streets each month while averaging more than 3.5 passes by everyone’s home every 24 hrs. In 2011 employees performed more than 209,000 security activities or actions during the year. The Villages Homeowners Association membership totals nearly 25,000 members. The VHA turned 22 years old in 2013. One of the first projects of the VHA was working on a petition drive requesting approval for construction of a golf cart bridge over US 441/27. The Villages has its own Polo stadium and Polo leagues. The Villages polo club has the largest polo crowds in the U.S. with over 30,000 spectators a year. There are over 12,000 people who work in The Villages, or for businesses in the community. The Villages has its own Charter School for employee children, allowing a student to attend from Pre-K3 thru High School. The Villages Charter School is an A-rated High School with 99% of students graduating. 93% of students at The Villages Charter School advance to higher education
Why the Owner Chose El Cortez:
The active lifestyle of all the residents was a deciding factor for us. Below is a Villages video on YouTube
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Our lovely home is within minutes to a variety of restaurants and retail locations ( Publix, Target, Belks, Best Buy, Carrabbas, Winn Dixie, Outback, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, etc... Walmart, CVS, Home Depot, Lowes....
- Primary: (240) 298-8160
Links to more information:
Front view of home
1 of 2 places to eat your meals. This is the breakfast nook.
View of the Chula Vista Golf course from the Master Bedroom / Patio
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Wednesday, October 01, 2014
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
- Response time: Within a few days
- Response rate: 85%
- Calendar last updated: 09/19/2014
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.