A Cabo Matapalo Rainforest/Beach Retreat
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Cabo Matapalo lodge description
Enjoy the privacy and natural beauty of four gorgeous acres of virgin Costa Rican coastal rainforest with ocean beach frontage and rainforest right at your doorstep in remote Cabo Matapalo. Originally a reforestation project of indian almond trees and the first solar powered houses in remote Cabo Matapalo, 'Kapu' Rancho Almendros is a nature lovers paradise.
In three houses plus two double tent platforms, there are complete kitchens with refrigeration, private baths with outdoor showers, solar electric lighting with bedroom fans for 14-16 guests with 5 baths. Two meal plans available: a 'housekeeping plan' (you cook!) and a 'meals included' plan.
Excellent kayaking, nature walks, birding, horseback riding, world class surfing and snorkeling available locally. Delicious fruits and vegetable are organically grown on the property. Advanced booking is required.
Keywords: 3 Tropical Casitas and 2 double tent platforms.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Smoking Allowed
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14, Beds for 14
- King size beds (3), Twin or Single Beds (8)
Bathrooms: 5 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Air Conditioning:
- Wood Fireplace:
- All bedrooms have screened and louvered windows with quiet solar powered fans and lights indoors, There's a full assortment of hammocks and comfortable chairs on three separate verandas, with a barbeque and cooling pool of artesian creek water outside, Both the beach and rainforest are right at your doorstep, You may choose between the 'Main Rancho' ( 2.5 private doubles) or the more secluded 'Honeymoon Cabina' (1 private double upstairs and 2nd optional double downstairs), the 'Ranchito' private double room and 2 double tent platforms in the back forest. The Honeymoon Cabina has a large veranda upstairs and a private pool, ping pong area and art studio at the bottom of the stairs plus an optional full kitchen downstairs for longer stays for those who want to do their own cooking, Please choose between our 'Meals Included' or 'Housekeeping' options where you prepare your own meals, Fresh fruit from our gardens and vegetables from our greenhouses provide a healthy touch to your meals th...moreless
- Ping Pong Table
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View:
- Car Not Necessary
- Rock Climbing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- (on site or nearby), A few of the local activities available are guided nature hiking thru the rainforest of Cabo Matapalo, to a 60 foot waterfall, rock and tree climbing adventures, onshore and offshore fishing, wildlife viewing with guides, ocean kayaking, world-class surfing and world-class bird watching, Also an onsite grass volleyball court and ping pong table...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Franklyn, Just wanted to follow up with you concerning our three-day stay at Kapu Ranch. We were in Costa Rica for a total of ten days, but we had the best and most fulfilling three days of our trip while staying at Kapu Ranch. John was extremely friendly and helpful, and Rene was the best chef our group could possibly have asked for! We can't thank you all enough for making our stay there truly pleasurable and unforgettable. Please pass our thanks on to John, as we did not have the opportunity to thank him personally on our last day there. He was quick to answer all our questions, and took special care to make sure we were all comfortable and happy. We look forward to returning to Kapu Ranch in the near future! Thanks again! Sam Cooper & party
- Guest Sam (Texas, USA)
- Date of stay 02/10/11
- Review Submitted 04/27/11
Recommended for: Age 55+, sightseeing, tourists without a car.
MEALS INCLUDED PLAN: For the best meals available in Cabo Matapalo. $80/per person/night, for 1-2 guests, 10% reservation deposit required. $70/per person/night, for 3-4 guests, 10% reservation deposit required. $60/per person/night, for 5-6 guests, 10% reservation deposit required. $55/per person/night, for 7-8 guests, 10% reservation deposit required. 'HOUSEKEEPING PLAN'(you cook, includes cabina with kitchen), 2 guests .... $100/night. Then $25/per night for each extra guest. no minimum, maid service incl., 20% reservation deposit
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Puerto Jimenez at 12 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Puerto Jimenez at 12 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Playa Matapalo de Kapu at 100 Metres
- Nearest Barpub: Buena Esperanza at 3 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Encanta La Vida, Buena Esperanza at 2 Miles
Year Purchased: 1991
About: I am a Ceramic artist and teach the art full time at Santa Monica College.
Why Cabo Matapalo:
Cabo Matapalo was by far the most naturally wild and perfect tropical beach location in ALL of Costa Rica. The sheer beauty of this magical area sold me.
The Unique Benefits at this Lodge:
Increased health and regeneration with healthy organic fruit and vegetables from our gardens and clean fresh fish from the ocean. Mosquitos are nearly non-existent because of the property's proximity to the beach and ocean breezes.
- Primary: +506 86226366
- Secondary: +1 3103903051
On the beach rainforest retreat!
Available for groups up to 14 in 7 double rooms
Best beach in Cabo Matapalo out front
Beach directly out in front!
Main Rancho rustic style screened in bedrooms.
Screened and louvered bedroom view
Reforested Indian Almond trees attract 100's of Scarlet Macaws
Art studio / ping pong room adjacent to Honeymoon Cabina
private wading pool
Beach out front
Outdoor garden dining
Tent platforms in the forest. Tent is fully screened and zipped closed.
Main Rancho Veranda view towards volleyball court and beach out front
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2001.
Date last modified - Saturday, November 16, 2013