Waterfront Apartment in Villa: View Gulf
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:5-7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Private Homes house description
This villa is located in the historical area of Marco Island, with views of the Gulf of Mexico and a the infamous Indian Hill. This spectacular one-half acre lot and 125 feet on the water with a view of Caxambas Pass is in a historical area lush with landscaping and numerous birds and mammals (dolphins and manatees). There is a boat dock, (direct water-no bridge to Gulf), and the best fishing in all of Marco Island in the Caxambas Pass area and great fishing just off the dock!
The apartment has a bedroom w/ king bed, t.v. and a separate room w/ kitchen, washer/dryer, trundle couch w/ 2 single beds, living room w/ 40' t.v., bath. Off the apartment/cabana, is the screen-in pool, The pool is centrally located in the middle of the home and heated in the winter months. The Courtyard separates the cabana from the main house and has hand painted tropical images. There are 3 tables/chairs, lounges, and gas grill, fridge outside for outdoor living. This villa is in the 'Estate area' of Marco Island, the most affluent area on Marco where the lots are at least 1/2 acre and custom large homes are presented.
This property is located across from Indian Hill; where the famous Calusa Indians lived on Marco over 2000 years ago and built the shell mounds (small mountains) for housing, security and to avoid flooding. There have been many artifacts found in the area. There are many affluent homes, large lots, beautiful vegetation, and wildlife. The canals are filled with manatees and occasional dolphins, as well as the best fishing in Marco Island. Our beautiful white sandy beaches are less than 5 minutes away.
Experience the spaciousness of this special neighborhood with gracious living, and the quietness of paradise for you to experience, (instead of listening to the neighbor's air conditioning system on the smaller lots in Marco Island.) Several of our guests have walked to South Beach and the stores at the Publix Shopping Center.
Keywords: Single Family Home
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
- King size beds (1) In Master bedroom, Twin or Single Beds (2)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Air Conditioning
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Living Room seats 2
- Clothes Dryer
- This unique villa is in the Indian Hill 'Estate' area of Marco Island where there are numerous birds, mammals and tortousies. There is also a dock on the water where manatees are seen daily, and occasionally dolphins feed in the area. This home is in the infamous Estate area of Marco Island, where multi-million dollar homes are located. Historical Indian Hill is across the street in the mound area where the Calusa Indians had resided over 2000 years ago. Many artifacts were found in this area. For renters convenience, golf clubs, tennis racket, fishing rods, t.v. w/ VCR & films, swimming pool, are located next to the cabana for renter's use. There is a central screened- in courtyard for the cabana with swimming pool, outside kitchen/ grill, fridge, and lounge chairs. You can eat pool side or on the dock overlooking the water. Enjoy walking in the numerous hills surrounding the villa w/ incredible views of water in several directions. Experience a bit of history....moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Library:
- CD Player
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Private Pool
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Garden Chairs:
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Basketball Court
- Jet Skiing
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Deepsea Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Gambling Casinos
- Outlet Shopping
- Bird Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Marco Island is the ultimate resort area where the sugar white beaches enhance anything from walking, shelling, boating, swimming, jet ski rentals, etc. The Everglade Park spreads hundreds of miles east with lots of wildlife, gators, birds, tropical scenes, and the 'Back in Time', Everglade City and Chaualoski where remains of Old Florida settlements and antiques still survive. A trip to the Keys or Orlando is just a few hours away. Enjoy affluent Naples where shopping and real estate are a must to see. Fabulous restaurants, entertailment and nature are only yours to explore; outstanding chefs and island treats. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Exclusive accommidation, excellent host
Exclusive accommidation, excellent host
This property is quite unique, one bedroom with private enclosed beautiful pool. Everything you could possibly need from the host leaving fresh bananas for us to watching manatees play every afternoon at the back of the house. Set in a quiet residential area it was very relaxing in a clean well maintained property. The owner was more like a host advising us on restaurants and things to do. We would definitly recommed this property to friends and family. We would not hesitate to stay again when returning to Marco island. Thank you Judy for making our stay in your home so special !
- Guest john and claire (wales uk)
- Date of stay 05/25/11
- Review Submitted 06/30/11
Recommended for: Sightseeing, people with disabilities, romantic getaway, age 55+.
Guest comment entered by owner
I came down here from NC with 2 other couples. What a great house! The way it is setup (with the brick wall), it makes you think you're in another country all together! It is huge - plenty of room for everyone staying there to have privacy (rooms on opposite sides of the house), a pool table, a pool, a dock that we caught fish (and saw a manatee) (and while out for a midnight swim (in the pool), we heard splashing; and watched as dolphins chased fish through the canal). We went parasailing down at the beach (only about 5 minutes from house), and it was an awesome view (we could see islands and all kinds of things). We went less than an hour away and went on an airboat through the swamps and saw all kinds of birds, aligators, and more. Then we took a drive to Tampa and went to Busch Gardens. It was nice, but too tiring. The thing I really love about this place is that it is like one big resort, but you don't have to be tied down to one place - you can eat anywhere and do just about anything! We rented a boat a couple of times and went out to the island we saw and collected shells off the seashore (there were thousands of them). We let the ladies go down to this huge outlet store about 10 minutes from the house so we could grab some beer and get a day of good fishing in. We caught so much that we ended up giving the lady who rented us this place some of it. And that was after we had been eating it for a couple days. And throw the mess created by cleaning the fish into the canal so you can catch a few more later. :)
- Guest Mark & Margaret
- Date of stay 12/13/09
- Review Submitted 08/11/10
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 16 - May 29, 2014
7 night min stay
May 30 - Nov 1, 2014
7 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
$500 to $1000 down; balance 30 days before arrival.
SPECIALS; OCTOBER, NOVEMBER, 1ST HALF DECEMBER; $2750 MONTH; $1000 WEEK, EXCEPT THANKSGIVING $1200 WK.
$500 TO 1000 DOWN, BALANCE 30 DAYS BEFORE ARRIVAL
SPECIALS FOR OCTOBER, NOVEMBER, HALF OF DECEMBER.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- cleaning fee: $75
- Tax Rate 10%
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Ft. Myers, FL at 40 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: US 41, I-75 at 16 Miles
- Nearest Beach: South Beach, Tigertail Beach at 2 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Sunset Grill on Beach at 2 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Hammock Bay, Lely Flamingo at 9 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Mozart, Da Vinci, Mangos, Sasos at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2000
About the owner: I work in real estate on Marco Island and operate a model home. Being in the real estate business for approximately 28 years, I have also enjoyed travelling and living in various countries abroad. We use vrbo when travelling too.
Why the Owner Chose Private Homes:
It is in the affluent area of Marco Island where the small hills, tortises, birds, are present and beautiful scenery everywhere.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
This area of Marco Island is in a historical area where the Calusa Indians once lived and makes it an interesting location. The most unique thing about the property is the view and the access to the best fishing on Marco. And while you are boating out to the great fishing grounds, you'll see multi-million dollar homes along the waterways. This is Utopia.
- Primary: (239) 394-0200 (Florida, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View the 10,000 Islands from the cabana waterfront and fish for dinner!
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Friday, November 22, 2013
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.