Drakes Island Vintage Victorian
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Drakes Island cottage description
This Victorian cottage is designer decorated for easy beach-side living. Only steps from the beach, the house is set back from the road behind a white picket fence among pine trees and mature landscaping. The first floor has a screened porch, living/dining room and kitchen, full bath and master bedroom. The ajoining rear shed has a half bath and private changing area with outdoor shower. The second floor has three small bedrooms with a rustic open beamed roof (no ceilings).
For those that do not know Drakes Island, it is a great family location with only residential properties and a long sandy beach. An easy 1 minute walk to the beach means less hassle and lots of choices that do not require a car. The Drakes Island clubhouse and playground offers many organized activities for kids of all ages. Bring your bikes to ride along the quiet residential streets. A permanent land bridge makes for easy access to shopping, restaurants, and movies.
Keywords: Victorian Cottage (1900)
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 9-12
- Double Beds (2) 1 Double on 1st floor & 1 Double on 2nd floor., Twin or Single Beds (5) 2 of the bedrooms on 2nd floor have 2 single beds in each, the 3rd bedroom on the 2nd floor has 1 single as a pull out trundle under the double bed., Child Beds (1) A folding roll-away bed is available for the double/single trundle bedroom. There is enough space to have all 3 beds set up at the same time., Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) In livingroom there is a double sleeper sofa....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
Satellite / Cable:
(2) 1 TV located in 1st floor living room and 1 TV is in 2nd floor bedroom. Both TV's have the capability to have game systems (ie: XBox, Wii, etc.) plugged into them. We do not have any game systems at the cottage....moreless
- Video Library:
- CD Player
- Broadband Access
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Car Not Necessary
- Basketball Court
- Surf Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Deepsea Fishing
- Sight Seeing
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Theme Parks
- Bird Watching
- Miniature Golf
- Horseback Riding
- Wildlife Viewing
- 1 mile long sandy beach for long walks, marsh for low-tide exploration, 2 lifeguard locations, jetty for viewing or fishing, tennis courts are 2 minute walk from cottage and available for tenants to use for very low cost. Easy access to New Hampshire 1.5 hours away and Boston 1.5 hours away for city activities or hiking, rafting, canoeing and more, Portland is 45 minutes away and Kennebuckport is 15 minutes away....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
We were one of the first renter ('08) to stay in this delightful home. It was very well appointed. We had a full house while we were there as we were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and quite a few relatives came to help us celebrate. The house held everyone quite nicely. It was a very short walk to the beach. We had a great time and hope that we can make it back there soon. You won't be disappointed in renting this cottage.
- Guest Pam93 (Madison, WI)
- Date of stay 09/05/09
- Review Submitted 09/05/09
June 8 - June 15, 2013 ... $800/week. June 15 - June 22, 2013 ... $1650/week. June 22 - June 29, 2013 .... $1650/week June 29 - August 25-4, 2013 ... $2500/week. August 24 - August 31, 2013 ... $1600 August 31 - September 7, 2013 ... $1500 September 7 - 21, 2013 ... $ 900 Plus 7% Maine tax, Plus cleaning $100
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Year Purchased: 2007
- Primary: (412) 417-3933 (Pennsylvania, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Drakes Island Victorian Cottage - 1 minute from the beach
2nd floor Trundle bedroom with TV/DVD
Newly decorated living room and dining room
2nd floor bedroom - two single beds
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 23, 2013