Maui Sunset Beautiful Oceanside 1 Bedroom/2 Bath Condo
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Maui Sunset condo description
WHAT A FIND!
This nicely renovated condominium has a view over the resort's beautiful grounds to the ocean. Good architecture and concrete construction keep the units in this well managed resort quiet and private. Free internet service through Clearwire modem.
Ideally located in sunny Kihei and is perfect for 1-2 couples or a family.
Please see the link to our 360 degree virtual tour below.
Relax at the resort or try some of the many great places and things to do nearby.
There are so many fun things to do but here are a few of our favorites:
* While still on mainland time (the first couple of days) when you wake up in the dark, drive up to the top of Haleakala (allow 50 minutes) to see the sunrise from the top of this extinct volcano. You can even arrange in advance to bike down the volcano.
* Good beaches, snorkeling, and other ocean activities, the Ocean Centre, golf, groceries, shopping, and restaurants are all close by.
* There is a beautiful oceanfront municipal golf course at Waehu (good value) and also some good restaurants and shopping on the airport (north) side of the island, as well as a Swap Meet on Saturday mornings (great place to get fresh produce and souvenirs). A drive to shop down Front Street in historic Lahaina (on the West side) and see the pageant (Ulalena) at the Arts Centre is well worth while (each of these is about 40 minutes drive).
* Get out on the water with a charter catamaran snorkel trip to Molikini and Turtle Town and (in winter months) watch the whales along the way.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 5, Beds for 5
- Queen size Beds (1), Sleep Sofa or Futons (3)
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Parking Off Street
- Air Conditioning
- Fully-Equipped Kitchen, Private Lanai (balcony), New Pergo Flooring throughout is easy to keep clean, 2 Phones (1 portable), Answering Machine, CLEAR Internet service with LAN connection if you bring a laptop, All New Appliances, 2 TVs, 2 VCRs, Stereo with CD Player, Microwave & Coffee Maker, Quiet Dishwasher, Easy to Clean Stove, Large Refrigerator, The condo has all the towels & linens you will need, including beach towels, There are also beach toys, mats, a beach umbrella, coolers and boogies boards for guests' use, There is a large breakfast bar with plenty of eating or working space, In addition to the Queen size bed in the bedroom (which has its own bathroom) there are 3 new futons (which serve as sofas or beds) dresser end tables & plenty of cupboard space for storage of your things, The second bathroom also has a shower, Hot Tub, Pool & Gas Grills (BBQ) shared...moreless
- Video Library
- Shared Hot Tub
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Water View
- Ocean View
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Jet Skiing
- Surf Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Scenic Drives
- Miniature Golf
- Whale Watching
- Live Theater
- Fitness Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
ReviewsWrite a review
Well Equipped Maui Sunset Condo
Well Equipped Maui Sunset Condo
My husband and I have been to Maui numerous times and this is the first time that we have been there in January. We have been there during the summer and fall months. We went there to celebrate our 42nd anniversary. We were fortunate enough to find this lovely and comfortable one bedroom, two bath condo. It had everything we needed to make our stay quite enjoyable. It was our home away from home for six days. The owners have done a great job in maintaining their condo. We would love to stay there again. Also, the grounds and the pool at the Maui Sunset are also well-maintained and the location is perfect to view the wonderful sunsets. We can't wait to return!
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 01/20/12
- Review Submitted 02/01/12
Recommended for: Families with young children, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers.
Guest comment entered by owner
This was a perfect family holiday. The condo was equipped with everything we could need. Our kids loved playing barefoot on the on the soft grass and watching the Disney videos when they had a little too much sun. The floors were easy to keep clean. The decoration in the condo matches the Maui holiday feeling we had. After a week it felt likehome and noone wanted to leave. We will be back.
- Guest Tina
- Date of stay 04/02/10
- Review Submitted 03/07/11
We were very fortunate to have the opportunity to stay at the Hanson’s condo during our first visit to Maui in early March. Great condo - good facilities - wonderful location and great view! Truly all the comforts of home. The condo was clean, very nicely decorated, comfortable and spacious. The kitchen had everything we needed and more. We especially enjoyed the convenience of the in-house washer and dryer. The setting is truly beautiful. We were able to watch spectacular sunsets and the whales from our balcony. Wow! The grounds were immaculate with ample parking, a nice pool and excellent BBQ facilities (plus a host of other amenities) - a great place to meet people. The owner and his family are super nice and a pleasure to deal with and we would recommend this unit unreservedly. Five stars for value! Thanks again for a wonderful stay
- Guest Wayne and Sue (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)
- Date of stay 03/10/10
- Review Submitted 06/21/10
Recommended for: Sightseeing, families with young children, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers.
Best area in Hawaii and perfect condo for our needs
Best area in Hawaii and perfect condo for our needs
We have stayed in the Hanson condo four times, I believe. Each time for about a month. Need I say more? Maui Suunset probably the best in most respects of all places we have stayed at in the islands, this marked our 40th year traveling there. Yes to all the questions. As far a places eat, this shore has an abundance. It is fun to contemplate where we are going to eat next when we go the gourmjet route. Maui Taco and Kehi Kitchen we like best for breafast and lunch. I have recommended this particular complex twice on Travel Advisor.
- Guest Kenny3 (Anchorage)
- Date of stay 03/01/10
- Review Submitted 06/14/10
Recommended for: Sightseeing, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers.
Owner response: Kenny likes that our kitchen is so well equipped. He is not alone in believing that the Maui Sunset is the best place to stay in Hawaii.
If staying less than 7 nights, must pay cleaning fee of $95. May 01-Dec 15 ... $130/nt ... $3,500/mo Dec 16-Jan 08 ... $165/nt Jan 09-Apr 30 ... $150/nt Additional 13.42% Hawaii State Taxes HB2078 Notice - Hawaii State Tax I.D. No. W01047493-01 Guests are given the ph no. for our contact person in Kihei
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2002
About the owner: I am a Calgary Mom with children who love Maui.
Why the Owner Chose Maui Sunset:
This unit became available from a lady we had met at the pool over the years. It is well located so that we do not hear traffic and we can see kids running on the soft grass, coming from the pool or barbequing down below. It is on the B side, so it does not get too hot in the afternoon. We have always liked the layout and when we renovated, we extended the breakfast bar and added other personal touches that our guests appreciate.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
Our unit is very well equipped. The floors are Pergo and easy to keep clean. We have nice new covers for the beds and the appliances are quite new. The complex has the biggest private pool in Kihei, weight room, outdoor shuffle board, croquet, putting green, tennis court and excellent seaside park for watching sunsets. It is close to good beaches, shopping and restaurants. The people staying at the Maui Sunset always seem to be friendly and in holiday mood.
- Secondary: (403) 238-8678 (Alberta, Canada)
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - Check out our 360 DEGREE VIRTUAL TOUR!!
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The Maui Sunset
Morning view from lanai - sorry - no recording of the mourning doves
shuffle board next to pool
as you are walking in
Kids love our lawns
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2001.
Date last modified - Friday, January 10, 2014
1 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.