Beachfront, Private & Unforgettably Pristine! Truly a Home Away from Home…
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:Ask Manager
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Waimanalo Beach house description
2 Bedrooms w/ 2 King Sized Beds, 2 Extra Long Twin Beds, 2 Full Baths, Fully Equipped Kitchen, Living Area w/ Couch, Dining Areas Indoor & Outdoor, Lanai / Porch w/ Chairs & BBQ, Outdoor Shower & Hot Tub, Hammock, Washer & Drier + Fenced in Private Yard (Pac & Play Available Upon Request)
Our “Makap'u Hale” is a Lovely Air-Conditioned OR Open Air Single-Story House on the Beautiful Shores of Waimanalo Beach, O’ahu. We Have (2) King Sized Beds & (2) Extra Long Twin Beds. Sleeps (6) Guests. Multiple Couches & Seating. Dining Area Indoor & Outdoor. Fully Equipped Kitchen Has Self-Cleaning Range, Microwave & Numerous Nearly New Appliances for Your Every Cooking Need.
Step Outside to the Lanai / Porch & Discover the Enticing Ocean Breezes & VIEWS of 7 Islands Including: Lanai, Molokai, Mañana aka Rabbit Island, Kaohikaipu aka Black Rock Island, Mokulua Islands & Moku Manu Island…! See the Hawaiian Sunrise Every Day of the Year from Our Private Pier… Plan Your Day at Our Beach Snorkeling or Sunbathing Before Checking Out the Rarely-Provided Outside Hot Water Shower. We Even Have Reliable Laundry Services Nearby & a Washer & Drier on Property for Your Use. Outdoor Parking Available for (1) Vehicle & Outdoor Parking Available Upon Request… E Komo Mai (Welcome) to Paradise!
Should You Have a Little One With You, the Small Fenced Yard in Front of the Cottage & Lanai / Porch Will Provide Safety for Your Keiki (Child) & Peace of Mind for You. Outside Lies 1/2 Acre of Tropical Delights Including Swaying Coconut Trees, Tropical flowers, Including the Native Hawaiian “Half-Flower” Naupaka, Swings, Benches & a Tree House with a Spectacular View! A Walk on the Private Pier Beckons You to Fish, View Honu aka Hawaiian Sea Turtles, Sunbathe or Just Day Dream While You Sip Your Morning Coffee or Evening Cocktail. Migrating Whales are Common During the Winter Months for Perfect Viewing. A Stroll on the Beach is just Seconds Away…
Looking to “Get Away from it All?” Enjoy a Nap in Our Hammock or Relax in Our “Ozonated” Hot Tub…
Sleep Comfortably in Our Quality Mattresses;
We Even Have a Tempur-Pedic Memory Foam Bed! All Our Bedding is 400 Thread Count or Better & Comfortable Cotton.
On a Budget or Consider Yourself a Gourmet Chef & BBQ Master? Our Kitchen is Fully Equipped w/ a Wide Range of Almost Brand New Appliances!
We Provide You with a Complimentary Bag of Self-Starting Charcoal to Get You Started on
Your Locally-Caught Fish, Prime Grade Steaks or Sustainably Grown Vegetable Kabobs
(All Found at the Local Farmers’ Markets or Grocery Stores!). We Recommend a Pinch of Hawaiian Sea Salt, Fresh Ground Pepper & Olive Oil for
All of the Above to Enhance the Essence of the Smokey Flavor…
This Property is Breathtaking & You Will Not Want to Leave. A Common Refrain from Our Guests is “It’s Better Than the Pictures!!!” Come Experience Our “Heaven on Earth…”
BOOK TODAY for Your Upcoming Hawaiian Vacation!
Need Something Smaller / Larger or Have Extra Guests Joining You? Check Out Our Other Beachfront Villas Houses Right Next Door, with the Same Privacy & Accommodations. We Can Sleep up to 20 Guests Total by Renting All 3 Properties, Making Us Ideal for Family Reunions & Wedding Parties.
CALL TODAY to Find Out More or Check Out the VRBO.com Listings:
#340734 'Honu Hale'
#246902 'Nalo Hale'
Beachfront, House, Air-Conditioned, Open-Air, King-Sized Bed, Twin Beds, Private, Washer, Drier, Fully Equipped Kitchen, Fenced Yard, Garage, Serenity, Home Away from Home, Waimanalo, Lanikai, Kailua, Hawaii Kai, Hanauma Bay, Mountains, Ocean, Beaches, Golf Courses, BBQ, Dining Area, Lanai / Porch, Island Style, Pristine, Country, Close to Town, Beautiful, Unforgettable, Honeymoon, Hammock, Hot Tub…
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
This Property & Home is Amazing for Children!! The Ocean is Always Calm & Great for Swimming & Snorkeling. We Have a Tree House & Swings for the Kids & They Can Watch Turtles Swim from the Pier!!...moreless
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- House: 2 Bedrooms + 2 Extra Long Twin Beds, (Sleeps 4-6)
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Child's Highchair
- Ice Maker
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Linens Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Keywords: Beachfront, House, Air-Conditioned, Open-Air, King-Sized Bed, Twin Beds, Private, Washer, Drier, Fully Equipped Kitchen, Fenced Yard, Garage, Serenity, Home Away from Home, Waimanalo, Lanikai, Kailua, Hawaii Kai, Hanauma Bay, Mountains, Ocean, Beaches, Golf Courses, BBQ, Dining Area, Lanai / Porch, Island Style, Pristine, Country, Close to Town, Beautiful, Unforgettable, Honeymoon, Hammock, Hot Tub… ...moreless
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Lawn / Garden
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
Location & View
- Beach View:
- Mountain View:
- Ocean View:
- Mountain Climbing
- Fly Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Pier Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Massage Therapist
- Surf Fishing
- Medical Services
- Rock Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Basketball Court
- Jet Skiing
- Water Parks
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
- Whale Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Fitness Center
- Horseback Riding
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- We Provide Island Style Accommodations Right on the Beach Away from the Hustle & Bustle of Waikiki, but Still a 25 MIN drive to Honolulu Town & Diamond Head, 15 MINS to Kailua Beach & Lanikai Beach Look Out Your Window & See the Beach, Step Out Onto Your Lanai / Porch & See the Beach, Walk Out Your Front Door & BE on the Beach! The Majestic Ko’olau Mountain Range is Nearly in Your Back Yard & the Unforgettably Pristine Waimanalo Beach is Literally IN Your Front Yard! Enjoy Your Morning Coffee (We Recommend Hawai’i-Grown Kona) & Sunrise on Our Private Pier, on One of Our Hand-Made Benches or Even on Your Lanai / Front Porch: All Feet Away from the Numerous “Honu” aka Hawaiian Sea Turtles & Crashing Waves of the Pacific… During Winter Months (December to March) Keep Your Eyes Open for Humpback Whales! Superb Snorkeling & Swimming is Steps from Your “Home Away from Home!” We Provide Snorkel Gear & Fins for Your Use & Offer a Hot Water Outdoor Shower to Rinse Off In! Check Out the Natural Reef & Plentiful Native Corals & Fish… Keep Looking & You Might Just Spot the State Fish: Humuhumunukunukuapua’a OR State Mammal: Hawaiian Monk Seal Our Beach is One of the SAFEST BEACHES on O’ahu Because We Are Protected by a Barrier Reef that is 200 Yards Away from Shore! Fishing Poles Available Upon Request: Catch Bait from Our Private Pier! World Renowned for Body Surfing; Makapu'u Beach, is 1.2 miles from our Beachfront Villas Plus Oahu’s Best Boogie Board Beach for Beginners, Waimanalo Bay Beach, is only 2.4 miles Away… We Provide Boogie Boards for Your Use So You’re All Good to Go! Love Hiking, Beach-Combing, Meditation, Outdoor or Indoor Yoga, Scuba Diving, Mountain Climbing, Horse-Back Riding, Sailing, Whale Watching, Bird Watching, Scenic Drives, Surfing, Paddling, Stand-Up Paddle Boarding, Golf or Minature Golf, Waterfalls, Sauna & Spa, Botanical Gardens, Restaurants, Shopping, Site-Seeing, Luaus, Historical Museums & Sites…? OR Want to Learn to LOVE ALL of the ABOVE? You’re in the Perfect Place to Explore These Activities & So Much More without Compromising Privacy & Serenity! Whether This is Your 1st or 50th Stay Here in Hawai’i, We Guarantee You’ll Be Impressed & Won’t Want to Wait to Book Your Next Stay! ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Thank you for the hospitality!Guest comment entered by manager
Thank you for the hospitality!
Thank you for the hospitality! We loved every bit of our stay at the Makapu'u Hale ~ from relaxing in the hammock to turtle watching in the swing, to the boat ride, it was a great start to out vacation. We had our family from Hawaii Kai over for dinner on the deck and it's one of those memories that will last a lifetime. Nothing beats falling asleep to the waves every night, something we will miss! We will surely return ~ and look forward to seeing, talking and boating again with you.
- Guest Millers from CT
- Date of stay 09/16/13
- Review Submitted 10/03/13
We had a wonderful time!Guest comment entered by manager
We had a wonderful time!
Dear Mike, Jeanne & Katie, We had a wonderful time! Just like Katie said we would! The minute we walked in the door we were at home. It's been so relaxing and fun to watch all the smiles on everyone's faces everyday. We sat on the porch, swung in the swing and hammock and then more in the hammock. Thanks for the sail! We loved Bellows Beach. What a fun local secret. We had sand in places we never had sand before! The boogie boards, fins and snorkels were so appreciated. Thank you! Loved the Ono steak and shrimp Dive. We ate there twice. So casual, cheap, fresh and local. We went to the Polynesian Cultural Center, Pearl Harbor and climbed Diamond Head. Our last day we finally made it to Hanauma Bay. Don't miss it. So close, so beautiful. Tip: go very early or after 2pm and then our grand finale was Para sailing at Waikiki. OMG ~ so worth it! But must say the best part of out trip was your patio. Our family conversations were so wonderful and will be moments to treasure forever. Thank you for helping us make this a memory to cherish forever. This place and you all are jewels. We will spread the word!
- Guest Tracy from Iowa
- Date of stay 08/13/13
- Review Submitted 08/30/13
Wow! What a great vacation!Guest comment entered by manager
Wow! What a great vacation!
Wow! What a great vacation! Loved staying here away from the city. Watching the turtles from the swing was my favorite! We did so much within a short drive, I don't even know where to start. Thanks for sharing your piece of paradise with us :) The sail out to Rabbit Island was amazing ~ Thanks Mike! Hope to be back one day.
- Guest Nancy & Mike from NY
- Date of stay 08/27/13
- Review Submitted 08/30/13
Thank you for making our stay so wonderful!Guest comment entered by manager
Thank you for making our stay so wonderful!
Thank you for making our stay so wonderful! This house is a great vacation place in and unbelievable setting. The swing is the best place to watch each days sunrise! We appreciate your helpfulness with little questions we had! This was our best family vacation. Sorry we missed the sail boat ride - we hope to be back though!
- Guest NY
- Date of stay 07/12/13
- Review Submitted 08/26/13
Vacation in paradise!Guest comment entered by manager
Vacation in paradise!
Thank you so much for our wonderful vacation in paradise. There was a total of 17 in our party (we rented the whole property) and we were lucky enough to be able to stay here in the Makapu'u Hale. Waking up to the sunrise and the waves has been amazing. The boat ride was absolutely awesome! Thanks for the coconut shucking lesson, the reaction to the coconut milk was priceless. Snorkeling, swimming, hot tubbing and just relaxing in the hammock was just what we needed. Thanks!
- Guest Mike & Kris from CA
- Date of stay 07/19/13
- Review Submitted 08/26/13
Thank you for an amazing place!Guest comment entered by manager
Thank you for an amazing place!
Thank you for an amazing place! We loved our stay here and only wish we could have stayed much, much longer!!
- Guest Colin from VA
- Date of stay 08/07/13
- Review Submitted 08/26/13
Excellent vacation rental!
Excellent vacation rental!
We rented this house for a week on Oahu. The location was perfect. The house is situated right ON the ocean. Every morning, we would sit in the swing and have our coffee, watching the sun come it. The house is actually better than it appears in the pictures. Although the house is on the ocean and not a sandy beach, there is a sandy beach to the left end of the property where you can swim and hang out on sandchairs. The house was immaculate and well-maintained. The owner came by each day to say hello, offer a sailboat ride, and adjust the hot tub. He also answered questions and provided us with extras like a cooler and tiki torches. We went to Kailua (gorgeous beach!), Diamond Head, the North Shore, Pearl Harbor and nearby Wimenalo (spelling?) while there. We would love to return to this property and are recommending it to everyone!
- Guest Steve C.
- Date of stay 07/12/13
- Review Submitted 07/28/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, families with young children, age 55+, girls getaway.
a perfect spot
a perfect spot
We had a beautiful stay at this property with our two kids (ages 10 and 11). We loved the proximity to the ocean, the landscape, sipping coffee each morning on the pier, watching the sunrise from our bedroom window, BBQ'ing at night after a perfect day at the beach. The house is well equipped, spacious, clean and lovely. To add to this, Mike and Geannie's hospitality was second to none and the trip in their trimaran was an amazing bonus. Although the beach is not really for swimming, it's perfect for beach combing, some snorkelling, and certainly for enjoying the R&R this spot offers. We loved Makapu beach, just a 2 min drive from here....We will be back....
- Guest kayla (canada)
- Date of stay 03/06/13
- Review Submitted 05/09/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, romantic getaway, families with young children.
Staying at the lovely Makapuu Hale was truely paradise. We enjoyed everything about this house. The beach was just steps from the porch. Nice and quiet. Owners of the property were so welcoming and gave us so many tips for the island such as where to eat and shop. This house is located in the perfect spot. Close enough to activities but still far enough away to enjoy the sound of the ocean uninterupted. The hot tub was the perfect end to each day. We look forward to returning again.
- Guest Kathy & Eric (West Virginia)
- Date of stay 02/13/13
- Review Submitted 03/04/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, romantic getaway, families with young children.
SerenityGuest comment entered by manager
Serenity. We all needed a relaxing vacation and that is most certainly what we got. We truly enjoyed paradise. We hope to return and enjoy more of this blissful place. Thank you.
- Guest The CA girls
- Date of stay 04/07/12
- Review Submitted 07/02/12
TAT #66794751-01 Regular Nightly Rate $495 + 9.25% TAT & 4.71% GET $275 Cleaning Fee + 9.25% TAT & 4.71% GET $200 Refundable Security Deposit Added to Total 50% Deposit to Confirm a Reservation Balance Due 60 Days Prior to Arrival Book Your Stay Today!
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Honolulu International Airport ~ 25 Minutes Away at 30 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Kalanianaole Hwy: 2 Lanes Take You Around O'ahu! at Waimanalo Beach
- Nearest Beach: Your Front Yard! at Waimanalo Beach
- Nearest Barpub: The Shack - Kailua / Kona Brewing Co. - Hawaii Kai at 3 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Hawaii Kai Golf Course / Olomana Golf Links at 3 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Many Restaurants in Waimanalo, Kailua & Hawaii Kai at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2004
About: Aloha from Mike & Jeanne! We grew up right here in Hawai'i. Nicholas, our standard poodle, is a new edition to the family & enjoys accommodating us on sails when we visit our guests at the Beachfront Villas Properties! Let us know what your needs are & we will insure your stay is pleasurable & fulfilling (we are only a hop, skip & jump away!)... Mahalo nui loa for visiting us here in Waimanalo, Hawai'i :)
Why Waimanalo Beach:
We love sharing our 'home away from home' with guests... Every piece of the property reflects our passions & we feel it is an honor to have out-of-towners & locals alike experience & appreciate this beautiful 'Heaven on Earth.' We even hand-planted the trees & foliage on the 1/2 acre property! There is no doubt, you will love our property just as much as we do & will return as soon as you can!
- Primary: + (808) 285-5440 (Hawaii, USA)
- Secondary: (808) 282-5126
- Fax: (808) 312-3736
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Panoramic of Beachfront Villa Properties: No Filter!
Ko'olau Mountain Summit Hiking & Looking Down at Beachfront Villas!!!
Beach is Steps from Your House
Hammock & Rabbit / Mañana Island
Tree House with an Ocean View
View of Private Pier, Offshore Islands & a Seating Area Under a Shady Tree
2nd Bedroom with Attached Bathroom
Living Room with Twin Day Beds & an Ocean View
Dining Room & Kitchen
Outside of Makapu'u
Sailing Back to Waimanalo Beachfront Villas w/ Owners Michael & Jeanne
Sailing to the 'Mokes' w/ Owners Mike & Jeanne!
All Beachfront Villa Properties in Full View: No Filter!
Private Beach & Calm Ocean Water
Front Lanai & Dining Area
Hot Tub & BBQ
Tree Swings with an Ocean View
Bedroom with a Beautiful Ocean View
Fully Equipment Kitchen
Bathroom with 2 Sinks, Large Shower & a Bathtub
Swinging Bench & Rabbit Island
Waimanalo Beach & Ko'olau Mountains by Sea
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2007.
Date last modified - Tuesday, December 03, 2013
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.