Beautiful Family Home with 220 Feet of Waterfront for Rent
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Lake Koshkonong cabin description
Two hundred and twenty feet of gorgeous waterfront with nothing but trees across the river!! Leads into a 10,500 acre lake!
RUSTIC ROCK RIVER VACATION HOME on a private acre of manicured land with many large oak shade trees, a large wooden playset and fort for the kids. The riverside of the house is all windows for a spectacular view. The walk to the water & private pier's just 75 feet away with no stairs. Take a 15 min. boat ride to the Rock River, which flows into Lake Koshkonong, a 10,500 acre lake, and enjoy several great restaurants / bars with live music along the way. And the river is perfect for boating, tubing and skiing too. This home can comfortably accomodate two families or extended family or friend reunions. *Available any season ALL YEAR ROUND: rent weekly, or partial weeks, weekends, long weekends, & holidays.
There is plenty of room for activities ranging from volleyball to campfire's to touch football. Of course you can also participate in any water activities from swimming, fishing, to water skiing, tubing or wave runners. Tie your boat to the private pier or Owner offers a pontoon boat for rent
The newly renovated home has a brand new kitchen with seating for 12, first floor bathroom, a large two story family room with stone fireplace and a recreation room complete with ping pong, air hockey and foosball. The décor is a contemporary version of a rustic cabin providing comfort with good lighting and all the comforts of home - away from home.
Others may offer you a modest cabin for rent - we offer a 2800 square foot family home in a beautiful, natural setting on 220 feet of waterfront with a private pier.
PLEASE CLICK ON 'EMAIL OWNER' to inquire. See photos on this web page w/notes next to each picture with more descriptions. For smaller groups 2-10 Guests, visit our other Lake Koshkonong *Listing at: VRBO.COM/395769 on 600' shoreline Maple Beach in Edgerton, Wisconsin.
7 BEDROOMS TOTAL: includes 19 BEDS & 2 CRIBS
BEDS: 3 KING 4 QUEEN 3 FULL 9 TWIN
SOFAS: 1 SLEEPER SOFA, & 2 FULL LENGTH SOFAS
2 Bedrooms on the first level, main floor: KING, QUEEN, TW
4 Bedrooms & 1 loft room on the second level: 2 K, 3 Q, 7 T, 2 Cribs
1 bedroom downstairs FULL/TW bunks + extra room here & throughout for sleeping bags
2 SETS WASHERS & DRYERS downstairs
GAME ROOM w/PING PONG, FOOSBALL, AIR HOCKEY, T.V.
3 FULL BATHROOMS TOTAL: one bathroom on each level, main bathroom has separate shower & unique claw foot soaker tub w/hand sprayer
Keywords: House on the River
- 3000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Pets Considered:
Bedrooms: 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 15, Beds for 15
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- Huge playground with pic-nik tables, kids riding toys, play house, perfect yard for bags game, volley ball, wiffle ball, foot ball, sprinkler, slip n slides & winter sledding snow mobil, private dock, beautiful, 100 year old huge oak shade trees, an acre property in a peaceful sprawling setting on the Rock River Shoreline!...moreless
- Air Hockey
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Music Library
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Beach View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Cross Country Skiing
- Hunting Small Game
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Ski Privileges Optional
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 12 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Broadband Access
- Clothes Dryer:
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Free Long Distance
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking Off Street:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet
- Wood Fireplace:
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill:
- Ski & Snowboard:
- Water Sports Gear:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3rd, 4th Night / Long Weekend
Jan 1 - Jan 1, 2015
1 night min stay
Memorial Day-Labor Day
May 25 - Sep 4, 2015
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 10 guests; add $30 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $20
- Cleaning Fee $150
- Tax Rate 5.5%
Summer Season Rental: Memorial Day-Labor Day is Weekly Fri-Fri
Non Summer Season Rental: Labor Day-Memorial Day 2 Night Minimum Weekends/Week days
Optional Pontoon Rental Red Suncruiser 12 seats & incl. vests: $375/day or $1,500/ wk incl. unlimited use, 1st gas tank! @RR Marina
Dog Fee is $20/ Dog/ night NO Cats
$200 upcharge for Thanksgiving, Xmas, New Years, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day
Payment Terms are 50% Check or Money Order with contract, and remaining 50% Check or Money Order is due 60 days in advance of rental. Larger groups may require refundable security check.
Travel with confidence
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
FEATURED UNIQUE RESTAURANTS & LOCAL ATTRACTIONS:
- Anchor Inn Restaurant, rte 59 Edgerton, *Live Entertainment on floating band shelter w/ outstanding food & drinks! Recognized for lively atmosphere on the shore overlooking the River & Lake. Try their amazing sandwiches, salads, cheese curds, drinks & filled w/cheese, veggies, & topped w/mini brat on their Bloody Mary’s! Festive atmosphere for adults & children w/Playground!
- Lake House Inn, Edgerton. Be seated by historical Stone Fireplace for delicious Beef, All You Can Eat Friday Fish, Outstanding Broasted Chicken, home made Coleslaw, Loaded Potato Skins w/ all the dipping sauces!
- Dockside Dine inside or out on the shore with Tasty menu & live bands Fri & Sat
- Two Brother's Delicious Menu w/ Fun Sports Bar; Excellent Fish! Rated #1 for dining!
- The Beach Club at Lakeview Campground Casual Dining on the Beach or inside Lively Sports Bar!
- Amazing & Award Winning *Rock Aqua Jay Water Ski Show! Trexsler Park Janesville
- Palmer Park Playground & Swimming Pool for young children, Janesville. It's free & beautiful! pack a lunch
- Beach Club: Eat in or out on the beach. Live Entertainment outside. Fire pit. Very kid friendly play ground, & swimming w/activities on the beach, bring sand toys, moonwalk . . . gorgeous sunsets! Tie up our / or your Pontoon / Boat for some great food & fun!
- Blue Gillies: Enjoy Lemon Pancakes & fresh Blue Gill breakfast, or lunch w/add’l omelets & options rte 59 Edgerton, Next to Rock River Marina, Anchor Inn, Culver’s
- Wisconsin Wine & Cheese Chalet Edgerton, rte 59, Serving *Free Samples Unique Wines & Cheese Open Daily 10am - 4pm *An absolute must! Try chocolate cheese, bacon dill jalapeño tomato & many more!
- World’s Largest Culver’s: Dine in or out for excellent views with tasty food! rte 59 Edgerton
- Norm’s HideAway: Outstanding food, drinks, desert Huge portion ice cream! Fun atmosphere inside & outside w/ live music! Nautical Sports Bar w/ lively atmosphere . . . boat or drive to its a really fun destination!
- Buckhorn Supper Club: Known for good food & Wisconsin charm, dine inside or out on the Lake patio!
- Edgerton Inn Restaurant, rte 51 west on Indianford towards the gorgeous Rock River Dam to this tiny home made breakfast spot for eggs & biscuits & gravy, bring: Fishing poles, Pontoon Boat, Hiking Shoes or Bikes
- Railway Express Restaurant: Amazing food in charming train station cafe! Absolute must for coffee, shakes, breakfast, lunch!
- Two Brother’s Restaurant / Sports Bar: Outstanding Friday Fish! Lunch / Dinner / Drinks - indoor w/ seasonal garden seating
- Ray’s Family Restaurant: Great food, portions, & value for breakfast, lunch, or dinner & desserts anytime! Tasty, tons of choices, comfortable, friendly! Across from Piggly Wiggly Grocery & Family Dollar rte 51 north Edgerton
- Kwik Trip Edgerton rte 51 n.: For a Quick hot meal anytime! Also large assortment of great value food & drinks when you are on the go. Hot soups, chili, brats, hot dogs, egg rolls, veggies & dip, salads, fruit, hot & cold drinks
- Edgerton Swimming Pool rte 51 n: Local pool for $5 per person fun for the afternoon multiple pools & *Central Park playground & skate park next door! Large playground! You can bring food to pik-nik at the park!
- Palmer Park & Swimming Pool Janesville, Free & bring lunch & snacks, perfect for families & children will enjoy!
- Fat Boys Ribs: Barbecue, sandwiches, take out on rte 51 n. Adorable w/ penny candy to choose from their fishing boat!
- Rock Aqua Jay Water Ski Show Janesville: Performances & practice twice a week *Multi Award Winning Show! Seasonal in Summer!
- Skelly’s Farm Janesville: Huge Slide! Incredible Mazes! apples, pumpkins, cider, rides . . . Variety of Seasonal Events & Halloween Fun!
- Piggly Wiggly Grocery on 51n. Edgerton. Great beer & wine selection, pre made salads & food; near dollar store, a 8 min drive
Discover several excellent restaurants, supper clubs & pubs within minutes by driving or boating to this outstanding Wisconsin Vacation! . . Relax on the shore at home, enjoying plenty of fire wood provided for your bon fires!
Enjoy over 220’ of shoreline perfect for *seasonal swimming, boating, fishing, & all water sports & snow sports, sledding, tubing, ice skating, Ice fishing, biking, nature hikes, photography, relaxing on the ROCK RIVER & LAKE KOSHKONONG, WISCONSIN
Year Purchased: 2003
About the owner: Owners, Elyse & Jim Osborne purchased the home for fun family vacations on the ROCK RIVER & Lake Koshkonong! Enthusiasm spread from family, friends, co-workers! With so much interest it was decided to offer it as a vacation rental home for all to enjoy! Meeting new guests & returning guests make it so rewarding! Income helps continually improve the home, the grounds and all its amenities! Designed, Built & Furnished w/ quality!
Why the Owner Chose Lake Koshkonong:
One of the largest waterfronts around at 220' with a great view, acre lot with mature oak shade trees and access to 8 miles of Rock River perfect for All Water Sports! River leads to one of the largest lakes in WI. Lake Koshkonong! Anchor Inn Restaurant & several others make a fun progressive dining adventure! This Sprawling Large home in Edgerton, Wisconsin offer a comfortable setting in a charming town, with lots of restaurants, supper clubs, shops to drive & boat to! Best attraction is the Rock River & Lake Koshkonong, so many local activities with plenty to do All Year Through . . . on land & water! *See Rock Aqua J's Water Ski Show! Historical Home town of Author Sterling North (Rascal) Visit *Anchor Inn Restaurant 'Rockin the Rock River!' Live Music on unique floating band shelter; Outstanding food, drinks, service, atmosphere! Perfect for boating (we offer Pontoon Boats) tubing, swimming, wave runners, Water sports, Fishing, relaxing, camp fires, biking, hiking, shopping, dining, even camping bring a tent! Winter activities, abundant snowmobile & ice fishing galore too!
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
An acre of Gorgeous Waterfront Property, this sprawling home offers rustic Wisconsin charm with all the comforts of a contemporary home. Stunning views, lots of space w/ 19 beds, 3 full bathrooms (one on each level), large playground & riding toys! Jump off the 45' pier / collect tiny sea shells on this beachfront property! Local Central Park & Edgerton Pool, Palmer Park & Pool, and famous Ski Show in Janesville!
- Secondary: 815-347-7638
Links to more information:
Great water views - the feel of a cabin with all the modern conveniences
View from 2nd floor window towards fire pit
Large fire pit near water - wood is provided
Large covered porch with lots of seating & see playground by fence
kitchen has large table with lots of chairs for family meals, great views
Huge 1st flr full bath; 1 of 3, shower stall, clawfoot soaking tub- floor warmer
13'x21' 1st floor bedroom- King bed, wrap around couch, 51' TV
1st flr br; 8'x18'; 1 of 2 on 1st flr; also a couch & a twin rollwaway bed
2nd floor bedroom; 12'x12' queen bed bunk beds & a loft bed over doorway
King-sized bed in 1 of 4 upstairs bedrooms, baby crib in this room too
second view of 2nd for loft br; full bath at end and add'l large br to right
lower level has ping pong, air hockey & foosball; full bath & bunk beds
view from the great room by fireplace
Another partial waterfront view, owner rents pontoon by day or week
View from water; large private lot and pier/boat dock, sandy beach area
Full kitchen with new appliances, pots & pans, coffee makers...
Looking from Kitchen into great room; Relax, reconnect and enjoy in any season
Why rent a modest cabin when you can have a spacious family home?
wrap around couch in 13'x21' 1st floor br / rec room
view of couch & rollaway twin; great view to covered porch & water
the bunk beds in 2nd floor br, videos and DVD's in here, loft bed is upper left
Loft bedroom 8'x22' has queen & set of bunk beds, full bath adjoins
2nd floor bath; adjoins loft br; body jets in shower - floor warmer
Lower level Full/Twin bunk beds by third full bath
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2007.
Date last modified - Tuesday, October 28, 2014
7 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
- Calendar last updated 10/28/2014
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.