VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
Someone with great taste and discrimination told us that the Little Darling was the 'classiest place on Commercial Street'*. (To be honest, we couldn't tell how much or what he'd imbibed but heck, we'll take it). But the thing is that everyone who has stayed in our Little Darling has loved it. Really.
Here’s what the Little Darling offers for your comfort.
***************** Most importantly:
We wash the blanket, quilt, and the shams every time. Oh yeah, towels too. And bath mat, of course. And the sheets, the pillowcases. And a couple of other things that slips my mind at the moment.
And then it gets better:
1. SLEEPING: A double bed, very firm. We hate waking up with a sore back (spent plenty of nights in hotels and inns with saggy mattresses). The bed is the best one we could find (well, without going overboard – just say that it wasn’t cheap!). Pillows firm, soft, and in between. Clean set of sheets, four sets of towels (bath, hand, wash).
2. COOKING: Dishes for four, glasses, mugs, cutlery, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, two burner electric stove, pots, pans, (Brenda and I cook regularly. We found that one cook has plenty of room; two do not). There’s an exhaust fan at the stove that vents to the outside, a small refrigerator just big enough (with a separate freezer for, err, frozen stuff), cutting board, nice kitchen knives, dish drainer rack and drain board, etc. Basically, everything you would need to feel at home, including sugar, salt, paper towels, etc.
Almost forgot: We leave you a brand new sponge.
3. CLEANING: Vacuum, broom, various helpful brushes and liquids.
4. WC: Shower, toilet, sink, plenty of toilet paper, soap, shampoo and conditioner, sun tan lotion, mosquito repellent, hair dryer, a fore mentioned towels.
5. DRESS: Ironing board and iron.
6. COUCH POTATO: TV, Stereo, surround sound, cable, MP3 player connection to the stereo.
7. DIGITAL WILDERNESS: Of course! Wireless.
8. MOBILE: Chargers for your cell phones. Please do not take them home! That would almost be sacrilegious, don't you think?
9. RAINY DAY: Books that take less time to finish than War and Peace, a few games and some movies. An umbrella.
Oh yeah: Don’t work. Explore. Have fun.
For tons of details, do look at our scintillating website:
We hate bad beds. What's the point of a vacation if you have to crawl out of bed with a stiff back? So we got the most comfortable bed we could find. It's wonderful. You can even sleep on it....moreless
Like the rest of the cottage, the bathroom is a beautiful piece of work (modesty, where hath thou gone), with a shower showing off our tiled designs; funky lights curving around the ceiling; mirrored door (one of us loves it. The other scares himself every time)....moreless
Service for 4: flatware, plates, bowls, mugs, red/champagne/white wine glasses; Small pleasant surprises at our whim. Sometimes we hide them; Original art . . ....moreless
Fall into Winter Oct 20 - Dec 22, 2015 2 night min stay
New Year Cometh Dec 23 - Jan 4, 2016 3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
SECURITY DEPOSIT: By way of personal check of $500. We don't cash it. We will send it back to you after we've checked the Little Darling out to make sure you haven't taken her home in the back of your SUV. So far, 100% of our Guests have been wonderful. We have, so far, returned the checks uncashed. We know you'll be wonderful too!!
PLEASE NOTE: Non-US residents: we cannot accept personal che
50% due upon reservation for 4 nights or more. Remainder due 3 weeks before arrival.
100% due upon reservation for 3 days or less.
Pet fee of $75 for one or $100 for two.
Travel with Confidence
Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
Just stepping outside in Provincetown is an adventure. Explore. You will find the most interesting, quirky, eccentric people, things, and places everywhere.
Like us all, enjoy the freedom to be you. You may even, gasp, find yourself. We did, once. Sadly, we misplaced it somewhere on the beach. It may turn up, some low tide.
About the owner: Our website has tons of details you may be interested in, especially the long and harrowing tale of renovation experience ("They" say it's a good read):
Read it and weep with us.