Rustically Charming Thatched Cottage with Private Pool Inside Natural Park
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:N/A
- Pets allowed:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Old Stables is a rustic thatch cottage set in a secluded part of the Las Limas estate overlooking a small gorge with a winterborne stream. It has its own pool, small gardens and terraces. Old Stables has one double and one single bedroom, a large lounge cum dining room with wood burner for winter and a fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher and washing machine. With views over Los Alcornocales Natural Park the private terrace is ideal for al fresco dining. If privacy and peace and quiet are what you're after the Old Stables is the place to find it.
It is situated 2 km above the White Village of Jimena de la Frontera and 40 km from Gibraltar and the Costa del Sol on the Mediterranean.
Activities - Jimena: There is an enormous amount to do in Jimena and the surrounding areas. To book guided walks in the Parque, tours of the Castle and cave paintings or mule and horse trails please contact us or visit the booking office in Jimena village. An evening visit to the village square for drinks and dinner and to soak up the Andalucian atmosphere is a must. Some historic sites worth visiting are listed below. All are also good places to view the areas stunning bird life and other fauna and flora.
* Jimena Castle was built around 1300 on the remains of a Roman castle which may have had Phoenician origins. It was declared a National Monument in 1931.
* The Baño de la Reina Mora (Moorish Queen's Bath) is a large rock bowl behind the Castle. This may be the remnants of an ancient Mozarab church carved into the rock.
* The cave of Laja Alta contains important Bronze age images of ships which are not found anywhere else in Iberia and is well worth a visit.
Activities - Local Area: The following activities are highly recommended as day trips from Las Limas.
* Catch a train to the beautiful and historic cliff top town of Ronda. This is a day out which we cannot recommend highly enough - a must do. The lookouts over the cliffs are an excellent place to see Lesser Kestrels and other crag dwelling birds. Catch the train from Estacion Jimena (Los Angeles)to Ronda which takes approximately 90 minutes.
* Visit the Cueva del Tajo de las Figuras (Cave of the Figures on the Precipice). The paintings date back to the Neolithic and show the incredible depth of history of the area. The cave is on the way to Jerez and can be incorporated into a visit there. Approximately 70 minutes drive from Las Limas on the A-2304 (70km).
* Take a trip to Tarifa for a taste of the wind surfing culture and to go on a whale/dolphin watching trip out into the Atlantic. Tarifa is also where the Moors landed for the invasion which led to their hundred year occupation.
- 100 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Children Welcome
- Not Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Pets Considered
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Master bedroom
- 1 Double Bed
- Single bedroom
- 1 Single Bed
- 1.0 Bathrooms
- Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- CD Player
- Away From It All
- Laundrette - Not Serviced
- Winery Tours
- Scenic Drives
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Horse Riding
- Sight Seeing
local services and businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
sports and adventure activities
- Hunting Small Game
- Mountain Biking
- Equestrian Events
- Mountain Climbing
- Hunting Big Game
- Dining Area
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Toilet Paper
- Linens Provided
- Tiled Stove
- Sofa Bed
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- 4 Ring Stove
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool
ReviewsWrite a review
worthy of further visitsGuest comment entered by owner
worthy of further visits
First taste of Spain and we have loved our experience. Our holiday home has been absolutely delightful. The old Stables Cottage is the very best accommodation we have had; lovely, clean, and a well fitted holiday home. The village and surrounding countryside is worthy of further visits….. we may see you again
- Guest Sean Bradley
- Date of stay 06/08/10
- Review Submitted 07/17/10
A 25% deposit is requested in order to confirm booking, the rest of the rental amount is due 6 weeks before arrival. If arrival is within the 6 weeks, then the full rental amount is due in order to confirm the booking. 3% discount applies to the booking if payment is made into our Spanish Bank Account Return clients benefit from a further 10% discount
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Before paying contact the owner to confirm payment details.
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner/manager for more information.
- Primary: +0034 692758543 mobile, at all times
- Secondary: +0034 956 623306 phone, at all times
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Old Stables Cottage with private pool
Old Stables Cottage Double Bedroom
Old Stables Cottage, living room
Old Stables Cottage, kitchen