Withers Beach - Old Florida Charm - 6BR & 2 Cottages Available
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets allowed:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Fabulous 'Rustic' family beach house on Alligator Point, Florida for rent! Directly on white sandy beach on Gulf of Mexico. Nicest rental on Alligator Point with old-Florida charm and all amenities. Perfect for family vacation at the beach, two adjacent houses also available for rental for large reunion or corporate gatherings. Contact Barbara for more information.
Keywords: Beach house, gulf of mexico, tennis court, pool, oceanfront, retreat, reunion,
- Vacation Rental
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16, Beds for 12-16
- King size beds (1), Queen size Beds (3), Double Beds (3)
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Air Conditioning
- Parking Off Street
- Escape the ordinary for the last of the "real Florida". Withers Heights is a wonderful old Florida style beach house with 6 bedrooms, and 2 1/2 baths. Withers Heights can be rented seperately or with either/both of our other properties as your charming beachfront venue for family reunion, retreat, wedding or special celebration. Next door is Ship Watch ottage with 2 bedrooms and 3 baths. On the bayside is the Pool House, with a master bedroom, sleeping porch and 1 1/2 baths. We offer a private tennis court, private 300' dock on bay side of road for fishing and boating, the Alligator Point Yacht Basin with Fuel and Boat Landing - 1 Mile away, Charming Apalachicola a beautiful 1 hr. drive on scenic Coastal 98. Grocery store in Panacea (15 minutes) and Carrabelle (30 minutes). Alligator Point is home to Bald Point State Park, Wakulla Springs is a 30 minute drive. Withers Beach is perfect beach for watching sunsets, playing tennis, splashing in the Gulf, fishing and relaxing!...moreless
Pool & Spa
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Water Skiing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Most people find plenty to do at Withers Beach enjoying the beach, the dock, tennis court, swimming pool, cozy corners for conversations and afternoon naps. Across the bridge (15 minutes) there is a small grocery store, fresh seafood markets, Angelo's Seafood Restaurant, Posey's Steam Room and Dockside restaurants, 2 liquor stores, a bank/ATM, marine supply stores and gas stations. Be sure to check out the Gulf Specimen Marine Lab in Panacea and no trip to the forgotten coast is complete without a jungle cruise and a swim at Wakulla Springs (Ed Ball State Park) or a day kayaking the unspoiled coastlines of the Forgotten Coast or the pristine nearby rivers. Alligator Point Yacht Basin can launch your boat or you can use the free boat ramp nearby. A half an hour to Crawfordville and you have restaurants, Super Wal-Mart, all kinds of stores and shops. An hour away is Apalachicola, perhaps the most charming small Gulf town in the State with charming shops and great restaurants....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
What a great hidden gem!
What a great hidden gem!
We "lucked" into this property on Alligator Point as another renter had to cancel last-minute. We booked three weeks before our stay and had no idea where we were going and what we were getting into. Withers Beach in particular and Alligator Point in general exceeded all of our expectations! Barbara's house felt like home (and it was her's for many years where she raised four boys). The house has a charm and a grace that I was not expecting. I agree with another's comments--the photos on VRBO do not do this house justice. The family room and kitchen are unbelievably spacious. There are multiple areas to socialize whether at the kitchen bar, kitchen table, sofas/chairs in the main salon, in the family room, or at the dining room table. And, the entire first floor is wide-open with large windows looking on the beach. Do note that the upstairs is better-suited to one family as the two bedrooms are "open"--meaning, once you hit the landing, there are no doors for either. It was great for my wife and two children to share the upstairs, but might get awkward if two families are there. The pool is somewhat tiny but perfect for lying out and for children. They had a great time playing tennis and walking the long dock as well. The deck overlooking the beach was large and could accommodate a dozen or more. There is also a outdoor hot/cold shower to rinse off both bodies and equipment. It's a great house, full of charm and personality, and we would definitely stay there again!
- Guest Team Adventure
- Date of stay 03/30/13
- Review Submitted 04/08/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with teenagers, sightseeing, families with young children, pet owners, adventure seekers.
General quarters were awesome. Upstairs bedrooms (2) were great. Down stairs bedroom mattresses were not good for adults and the downstairs bathroom really needs some attention. It is musty smelling and not vented well. Very spacious downstairs with some games available. Very comfortable. Kitchen was well equipped but could use a couple of nonstick pans as additions. Rental rates are great, parking is ample and the pool and dock are wonderful. Nice, huge deck, great grill, easy beach access. Very nice for a large family. We had 12 and really enjoyed the overall experience. This is a great vacation site if you wish to get away from it all. There s really nothing to do but relax, fish, swim, watch dolphins from the beach or dock and walk on the beach. Due to recent stores there was a lot of seaweed each day, but we just raked it away from where we sat and it was fine. There are only a couple of local restaurants but they are good. Pictures on the web site really don't show how nice the living area is.
- Guest Ford family
- Date of stay 06/16/12
- Review Submitted 07/24/12
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children.
Best vacation ever.
Best vacation ever.
This was the most relaxing vacation we've ever had. Withers Heights' eclectic old Florida charm was just wonderful. We stayed with two other families and had plenty of room for 6 adults and 6 children. We were also delighted to see wildlife as well, including multiple dolphin (porpoise) spottings and two bald eagles - one was right on the beach. We hope to say here again on our next beach vacation.
- Guest Torbus Family
- Date of stay 03/07/12
- Review Submitted 03/12/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, girls getaway, families with young children, pet owners, romantic getaway.
Owner response: The winter months provide solitude and the perfect environment for bird watching, including an American bald eagle who is a regular visitor this winter. During the summer the long days and warm Gulf breezes make our white sandy beach a grat place to swim, fish, pick up shells,and take long walks.
Great large beach front home.
Great large beach front home.
We stayed in August of 2011. We had a large group. 12 counting a baby. There was plenty of space to spread out. The kitchen was great. Had most everything we needed to cook for our large group. We cooked all of our meals while there. The bedrooms were good. The only complaint would be the two upper bedrooms did not cool very well. It was very hot even into the night. Otherwise it was a great place. The lower level bedrooms were very comfortable.
- Guest Pat & Regina
- Date of stay 08/04/11
- Review Submitted 01/04/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, girls getaway.
Owner response: We are in the process of improving the air conditioning system for the 2 bedrooms on the 2nd floor; the central air system works well for the 4 bedrooms on the 1st floor, but we realize a new system is needed for upstairs. The beach is beautiful this time of year, no air conditioning needed, come enjoy the lovely weather and some cooler evenings, you will enjoy sitting by the fireplace!
- Winter (Nov-Feb) Discounted Specials: $159/nt, $1113/wk, $3000/mo - Spring + Fall (Mar-May/Sept-Oct) Off-season Rates: $214/nt, $1500/wk, $4000/mo - Summer (June, July, Aug) High-season Rates: $321/nt, $2250/wk, $5000/mo All Rentals Subject to 9% Florida Sales Tax and a $125 Cleaning Fee. All Rentals Subject to Deposit at the Time of Booking. CHECK IN 4PM CHECK OUT 11AM
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
Year Purchased: 1964
- Primary: + 850-545-3970
- Secondary: + 850-765-7104
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Withers Heights Living Room with View of Gulf
Withers Heights Kitchen
Interior Withers Heights - Master Bedroom
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2007.
Date last modified - Friday, May 24, 2013