Apartment with Swimming Pool & Views Over Bay of Cannes
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
La Roquette-sur-Siagne apartment description
This fully equipped apartment is on the ground floor (itself one level up from the road) of a private villa set on a hillside overlooking the Golfe de la Napoule and the Iles de Lérin. A car is essential, as we are a brisk 30 minute walk uphill from the village and nearest bus stop; parking is available immediately outside the property. The apartment is bathed in sunlight all day in summer; in the evenings, it is in the shade, helping to keep it cooler at night. Ideal for couples, families with up to 2 children, golfers and Cannes conference attendees. The area is residential and very peaceful. Both bedroom and living room open directly onto the terrace and swimming pool.
Cannes Conferences: Visitors to the Cannes Conference Centre will find this apartment a quiet getaway after the business of the day has been completed. It is a simple 15-20 minutes drive from the apartment to the conference centre (where parking is available), along the river Siagne and then on the coast road from La Napoule. The drive back along this route provides stunning scenery across the bay towards the Esterel hills.
Art & Museums: The Cote d'Azur has attracted many famous artists over the years, and many towns and villages reflect their association with Picasso and others, as well as more modern connections. Galleries and museums abound.
Museums cover a wide range of interests as well as art. Military subjects reflect the area's turbulent history and Napoleon's arrival from Elba, archaeology traces early history from the stone age onwards (especially related to the carvings in the Vallee des Merveilles, and the Graeco/Roman era), while many museums cover local life and traditions.
Golf: Mandelieu boasts two 9 & 18 (par 71) hole courses. The Old Course, founded in 1891 by Grand Duke Michael of Russia, is set amongst century old umbrella pines and involves ferry crossings of the Siagne River as well as more normal golfing hazards. The Riviera Course encircles four lakes in a beautiful setting amongst umbrella pines and mimosa trees, all at the foot of the Esterel Mountains. There are, of course, many other courses/clubs in the area.
- 53 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Children Welcome
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Not Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- The shower room also has a basin, and houses the washing machine .
- Ideal for a couple or family with 2 children. Bed settee in living room can be set up as double or twin. The living room incorporates a kitchenette, whilst the bathroom houses the washing machine/tumble dryer. The TV receives both French & UK (free to view) channels. Wi-fi Internet access is available. The swimming pool is shared with the owners, who, however, will normally only use the pool between 1300 & 1600 (both for maintenance and swimming). Safety fencing in accordance with French regulations is installed. There are 2 sun loungers, a table with 4 chairs and a parasol. The owners may also need occasional access to the terrace to water and tend to plants. Access from the road is up one flight of steps, which the infirm or elderly may find difficult without assistance. Roadside/offroad parking is immediately outside the entrance. The road is quiet and carries local traffic only. Garage parking available at extra cost....moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Winery Tours
- Gambling Casinos
- Horse Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
local services and businesses
- Laundrette - Serviced
- Medical Services
- Near The Sea
sports and adventure activities
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Hair Dryer
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Sofa Bed
- Linens Provided
- Parking Off Street
- Iron & Board
- Wireless Internet
- Cooking Utensils
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
ReviewsWrite a review
Comments from Owner Guestbook
Comments from Owner Guestbook
1. 'We enjoyed our stay in your flat very much and would love to stay there again when we return in the future.' 2. 'This beautiful apartment has every facility you could wish for, a real home from home. It is perfectly located to explore the whole French Riviera, or if one wishes, you could simply relax by the pool and take in the beautiful view. We all had a wonderful two weeks (me, my wife and two children) and the added advantage of having David & Mehrzad as (excellent) hosts made it all the better.' 3. 'Thank you so much for making us feel 'at home' in your apartment. We would recommend your lovely home to our friends, and very much hope to return to stay again in the future.' 4. 'Thank you for a wonderful week at your house. the pool, the view and the amazing surroundings were just what we wanted. Hopefully we will come here again.' 5. 'We had a fantastic holiday and enjoyed staying in your lovely apartment. We will recommend you to our friends.'
- Guest HRGuestBook12285 (HR GuestBook)
- Date of stay 12/01/07
- Review Submitted 12/06/07
Villa in Mandelieu
Villa in Mandelieu
Hi there, we've rented this apartment twice in 2010 (in April and in October). The property was absolutely clean, the kitchen is fully equipped. There were fast internet access and satellite TV. The place is very quiet and has perfect sea view. We had an apartment on gound floor of a small villa with separate entrance. The villa is situated on the hill and you will need a car to reach that place. The owners David and Mehzad are very friendly and hospitable.
- Guest Alexey (St.Petersburg, Russia)
- Date of stay 10/03/10
- Review Submitted 12/14/10
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, families with teenagers.
Owner response: Thanks for these kind comments, Alexey. Repeat business is the best advert we could have, and we look forward to seeing you again in 2011.
Idyllic location for a fantastic holiday
Idyllic location for a fantastic holiday
Wow...The View... The pictures do not do it justice. Waking up to a panoramic view of the mediterranian was just an incredible way to start each day. My fiancé and I came here to relax and unwind before our wedding and it was just perfect. When we arrived we were greeted by David and Mehrzad who were very welcoming. Their knowledge of the local area was second to none, which made it much easier to find the best places to visit. The accomodation was very clean, comfortable and had everything we needed. I was able to access the internet via my laptop and we had sky tv to watch in the evenings, as well as a DVD player. The beach was only a short distance away but we made the most of the swimming pool too, as we were able to further enjoy the views. In the local town we found a place to play boules (the french past time) and enjoyed walks along the river bank. As well as using the self catering aspect we also indulged in the local cuisine as there are a plethora of restaurants to choose from. Overall this was a holiday to remember and one we would definately recommend.
- Guest John and Michelle (Berkshire, England)
- Date of stay 08/23/10
- Review Submitted 12/13/10
Recommended for: Sightseeing, families with young children, romantic getaway, age 55+.
Owner response: We often find guests, especially families with children, prefer the pool to the beaches, especially in the morning, before going out on visits in the afternoon. At least one young child has learned to swim in our pool!
All rates inclusive of hot water and electricity. A 20% non-refundable deposit is requested on booking. The balance is payable 4 weeks before arrival together with a breakage deposit of 250 €; the breakage deposit is refundable within two weeks of the end of your stay. For Long Stay Rates, please contact ownersGarage parking available at 50 € per week extra.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Nice Cote d'Azur at 47 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: La Napoule at 3 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: Cannes Mandelieu (A8-Jct 40) at 3 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Mandelieu-La Napoule at 4 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Le Capitou at 1.5 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Mandelieu-La Napoule (2 courses) at 3 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Le Capitou at 1.5 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 2003
About the owner: We moved from the UK on retirement and still greatly appreciate the views from our house over the bay; from along the road, we also have stunning views of the mountains, often snow covered, along the Italian border. We keep busy with walking in the hills all year round, raquetting and skiing in winter, boating with friends in the summer, gardening and home maintenance!
Why the Owner Chose La Roquette-sur-Siagne:
We bought the property for a number of reasons; ease of access from the UK and elsewhere in Europe, the variety of potential activities, the multi-national nature of the population, and the acceptance by locals of foreigners; the peace and views around where we live was particularly important,
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
Our apartment makes an excellent centre for exploring the Côte d'Azur and its hinterland. Beaches are clean and restaurants of all levels plenteous. Dawn can be spectacular, as the sun rises over the mountains on the Itallian border, shining directly into the apartment if you so wish.
- Primary: +33 (0)492975904 Answerphone available
- Secondary: +33 (0)6 13647398 Mobile
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from terrace
Terrace and pool