Charming Cabin in Forested Setting, Hot Tub & Flat Screen Tvs!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Tahoe City house description
PLEASE GO TO TAHOE LUXURY PROPERTIES' WEBSITE IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BOOK ONLINE NOW.
Great location in Cedar Flat, just 3 miles east of Tahoe City. This private cabin is darling with high ceilings and tons of windows looking out into the forest. The house is two blocks from national forest trails for hiking or cross country skiing. The house was completely remodeled in May 2004 with many nice upgrades, including granite slab countertops in kitchen and bath, new tile in bath and shower, new pine doors, slate entry, new carpet and wood laminate floors.
The beds are very cozy with down bedding and designer linens. The Kitchen is fully equipped to cook up a meal for all. You can enjoy the privacy from this large hot springs spa. We highly recommend this home.
Keywords: Charming Luxury Cabin in Forested Setting
- 1300 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Housekeeper Optional
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 6-7
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Gas Fireplace
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Great Private Setting with Forest Views, High Ceilings, Granite Counter tops, Wood Floors, 5 Minutes Drive to the Lake, Granite Counter tops, Wood Floors 1300 Square Feet Hot Tub Wrap-Around Deck with Weber Gas Grill and New Patio Furniture Horseshoe Pit Living Room: 37' Flat Screen TV/DVD, iPod Docking Station, Gas Fireplace, Stereo w/CD Player, Vaulted Ceilings Numerous Kids DVDs and Board Games Forested Setting Flat Screen TV/DVD in Upstairs Bedroom Spacious Kitchen Washer/Dryer New Linens & Duvets High Speed Internet Access Inquire About Pets (written approval required) ...moreless
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Cross Country Skiing
- Rock Climbing
- Mountain Climbing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Wildlife Viewing
- Miniature Golf
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Gambling Casinos
- 10 Minutes to Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows Ski Resort; Close proximity to all other ski resorts! Winter Events and Activities 2012/2013 World Class Downhill Skiing/Snowboarding: Squaw Valley USA, Alpine Meadows, and Homewood Resort and are each within a 15 minute scenic drive and offer over 7000 combined acres of skiable terrain, 51 lifts, and 334 trails. Come and experience over 300 days of California Sunshine in America's favorite Playground. Tahoe City Cross Country Center: Just 5 miles east of downtown Tahoe City on Dollar Hill, the Nordic center offers 65 kilometers of free heel skiing and snowshoeing on 19 machine groomed trails including 8 kilometers open to your canine companion! Enjoy forest, meadow, and lake views before you have a rest at one of trailside warming huts where you can enjoy complimentary hot chocolate or tea. Polish your skills this winter and join North Lake Tahoe for the 30 kilometer Great Ski Race on March 3. The Village at World Renowned Squaw Valley USA: The Village is centered around an outdoor Events Plaza, and offers outdoor fire pits, a Bungee Trampoline, and an Aerial Tram to High Camp for ice skating at 8200 feet. The Village is home to multiple & varied Restaurants, Galleries, Boutique shopping, Winemaker Events at Uncorked, Spa Services, Demo Centers, Kids Activities, and finally Sleigh Rides and Dog Sledding in Squaw Valley meadow. Snowshoeing and Sledding: Pack a picnic and spend the day snowshoeing at Sugar Pine Point State Park, the Tahoe City Cross County Center, or Paige Meadows. Snowmobiling: Take in views along the Lake Tahoe ridgeline with North Lake Tahoe Snowmobile Tours. Cinema at the Cobblestone Center: Showing today's Hollywood Hits every evening. Shopping options: Downtown Tahoe City is home to a myriad of boutique shopping options including one of a kind Clothing Stores, Galleries, Jewelers, Sports Outfitters and Gourmet Provisioners. Dining: A diverse spectrum of dining options awaits the practiced Gourmand; American Favorites, Mountain Haute Cuisine emphasizing local and sustainable sustenance, and intimate Cafe options are all available in Tahoe City. Nearby Activities: Lake Tahoe and Donner Lake, Historic Downtown Truckee Shops and Dining, Martis Valley snowshoeing trails (dog friendly), Lake Tahoe Snowmobile Tours on the Summit of Highway 267, Sledding at the Tahoe Vista Regional Park and Mount Rose Meadows Special Events: Christmas Eve torchlight ski parade in Squaw Valley, New Years Eve Fireworks at the Village at Squaw Valley and the Village at Northstar, Snow Fest Carnival March 1-10, the Great Ski Race March 3 Northstar Events: NYE Village Fireworks Display, Snowshoe Social and Race Series March 17, April 1 and April 7 ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
My husband and I stayed at Pineywood over the long weekend for a ski and snowshoe getaway with friends and our dog, and found the house to be lovely. Aside from needing chains to get up to the house the first time, it was easy to find/get to and well located for our winter activities. When we arrived, the house was warm and there was a nice welcome binder of information. The hot tub was ready to go. The house was spotless with clean linens, and had everything that we needed for our weekend away. We did have some maintenance issues with the house--a flashlight didn't work (batteries?), the garborator/sink disposal stopped working (we got it going again after a call to management), and the clothes dryer cycle knob broke/stopped turning so that it was difficult to dry clothes--that we had to work around. Management appeared very receptive to fixing these things, but not before we checked-out, which was OK since we were only there for a few days. We would definitely stay at Pineywood again, and at another property managed by Tahoe Luxury Properties.
- Guest Victoria W. (SF Bay Area)
- Date of stay 01/10/13
- Review Submitted 01/14/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, pet owners, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, families with young children, girls getaway, sightseeing.
Winter & Thanksgiving Week.......$275/night .. $1750/week (7th Nt.Free) Spring and Fall..................$225/night .. $1350/week (7th Night Free) Summer...........................$300/night .. $1800/week (7th Night Free) Christmas & President's Week ....$2625/week New Years Week ..................$3500/week Cleaning: $150 Damage Insurance: $30 for $1500 policy and Occupancy Tax: 10% Minimum stays may vary depending on season, please inquire.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Reno Tahoe International at 45 Miles
- Nearest Train: Truckee at 18 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: I-80 at 18 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Lake Tahoe at 2 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Alpine Meadows at 8 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Tahoe City Golf at 3 Miles
Year Purchased: 1998
About the owner: Hello! We are so enthused to have you viewing our home. We at Tahoe Luxury Properties were recently asked by the owner of this lovely property to take over management for him. Please know, for over fifteen years we have specialized in providing upscale vacation rentals in every size and price range. When you book with Tahoe Luxury Properties, you will receive more than just a great house however, you will receive customized service tailored to your specific desires. One item which sets us apart is our concierge services designed to make your stay particularly fabulous. Let us arrange for personal chefs to dazzle you with their culinary ability, babysitters to entertain your kids, or masseuses to revive you! Lastly, please know all utilities, TVs, hot tubs, etc. will be checked-in 24 hrs prior to your arrival; the heater will be set to 65 degrees and the porch light will be turned on so you will be welcomed by a warm and inviting environment. So, we welcome your inquiry and invite you to ask us all your questions and express all your vacation wishes so we can make your experience in Tahoe perfection!
Why the Owner Chose Tahoe City:
Blessed with magnificent natural beauty and located in the one most popular and desirable locations in the Western United States, Lake Tahoe is considered the jewel of California. At 6,229 feet above sea level, Lake Tahoe is the highest lake of its size in the United States, measuring 22 miles long by 12 miles wide, with an average depth of 989 feet and 72 miles of shoreline. Its clear blue waters surrounded by the towering Sierras are a sight to behold! Lake Tahoe is truly a treasure, hopefully to be visited by all at some point!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Nestled in the heart of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, Lake Tahoe is home to some of America’s favorite vacation and recreation locations. Enjoy world-famous beaches, hiking, biking trails, watersports, skiing, dining, shopping, and more! With so many activities to choose from, there is something to keep everyone in your group entertained! At Tahoe Luxury Properties we have a full time concierge on staff to recommend fun things to do with your days and to arrange special ventures (from dinner reservations to personal helicopter rides). Whatever you desire, we are here to assist you!
- Primary: +1 530-584-3444
Welcome to Pineywood - 1300 square feet of Comfort and Style
Living Room with Staircase to Loft
Flat Screen TV and Gas Fireplace
Guest Bedroom 2
Twin Beds in Loft
Nothing Beats the Beauty of Lake Tahoe!
Skiing at Northstar
Paddleboarding on the Lake
Hiking - Glorious Hiking
Room for the Kids to Run in the Natural Landscape - Horseshore Pit Included
Large Cathedral Ceilings and Open Floor Plan
Dining Table Seats 6
Upscale Kitchen with Stainless Steel Appliances
Guest Bedroom 1
Great Deck with Patio Seating for Yummy Summer Dinner BBQs
Emerald Bay - You must visit!
Skiing at Homewood
Biking on the East Shore
Pet Friendly! ($100 pet fee plus written permission please)
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2007.
Date last modified - Monday, December 02, 2013
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.