Winter Weekend Special - Friday to Sunday Afternoon - $350.00
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Stevensville house description
The house has a beautiful view of Grande Mere. In the Grande Mere area there are miles of clean sandy beaches, unique sand dunes and woodland areas for hiking and discovering.
Our house is a minute walk away from Lake Michigan with miles of public beach and dune area. We have gorgeous sunsets and quiet mornings. You will find the peace and relaxation you are looking for, yet we are close to many Sunset Coast towns - 15 minutes to Bridgman, Sawyer and Harbert. 20 minutes to New Buffalo and the 4 WINDS CASINO, also 15 minutes to the communities of Lakeside and Three Oaks. 15 minutes to St. Joseph, 20 minutes to Benton Harbor. We are located off of 1-94 exit 22. Close, but yet a world away.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Limited Accessibility:
- Pets Not Allowed:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Linens Provided:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Beautiful large private landscaped yard on a hill overlooking Grande Mere area. Large spacious rooms with unique features. Two bedrooms have Queen Beds; one bedroom is a full bed. Sofa bed is a Full. All rooms have ceiling fans and there is access to in room air-conditioners if needed. Fire pit area for bonfires....moreless
- Video Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Beach View:
- Lake View
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Live Theater
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
- The house is ready for you!! All you need to bring is clothes, food and beverages!! The house has a unique charm that is vintage, but with updates made in 2007. The house has a unique cathedral ceiling and a working stone fireplace in the living room. Beamed dining room with a working red brick fireplace and includes an antique dining room set. 3 separate bedrooms and an additional sofa bed. Two full baths with shower and tub. We have a large private yard, with a stone BBQ area, new deck area off the kitchen, and a sand fire pit area for relaxing. We are a 1 minute walk to the Grande Mere Beach, with a 5 minute walk to the Grande Mere State Park with its unique dunes and habitats....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
We had a great time staying at Randi's place. It was a perfect location, and the house was super comfy and spacious. It was all that I hoped for plus more! We are hoping to be back there soon! My daughter absolutely loved our "private" beach. I do recommend water shoes for handling the rocks and the hot sand.
- Guest Julie (United States)
- Date of stay 07/15/12
- Review Submitted 07/25/12
Recommended for: Girls getaway, families with young children.
Owner response: Thank-you Julie for the kind review. I work very hard to make the house feel like home for my guests and I am so glad when people feel comfortable being there. The beaches are wonderful and yes water shoes are highly recommended!
My family and I stayed in this home last summer (2009). We enjoyed every moment of our time here. The house is charming and unique, the yard is spacious, and the view is beautiful. The rooms are spacious (we slept 6 adults and 4 children comfortably). The owners were helpful with suggestions and assistance when needed. The walk to the beach is peaceful and the area feels secluded. It is a short drive (10 minutes or less) to area attractions and stores. The property is better than the photos suggest. Whether sitting on the deck, around the bon fire, or walking in the area we felt comfortable and like we were at home. I highly recommend this property to others. We were only 2 hours from Chicago, but felt like we were hundreds of miles away at the "beach" home.
- Guest Peaceful Retreat (Chicago suburbs)
- Date of stay 07/11/09
- Review Submitted 05/18/10
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, families with young children, pet owners, romantic getaway, families with teenagers.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Oct 25 - May 23, 2014
2 night min stay
May 30 - Sep 6, 2014
7 night min stay
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $200
- Pet Fee: $50
- Property Damage Protection: $69
- Taxes Included
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2007
The Unique Benefits at this House:
I grew up in this house and have always loved the peace of the beach, woods and dunes. I had an opportunity to take my childhood home and make it a welcoming place for other families to enjoy the serenity of Grande Mere. I made several upgrades while continuing to have the charm that the house and yard can offer. People tell me they feel so at home and welcomed when they are here. My hopes is that you will feel the same way. Randi Crum
- Primary: (269)325-3411
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Public beach closest to the house, apx. 1 minute walk from house
We have built a deck area where the steps are in the photo.
Area for relaxing - old fashion charm.
Beamed ceiling dining room/ Working fireplace/ Seats 8 with room for more/
Downstairs bedroom / Queen bed/ All linens provided
Living room area with tall catherdral ceilings and working fireplace.
Firepit area in front of house- wood provided
Kitchen area/ All dishes, pots and pans are provided
Living room- 2 couches and 1 love seat. 1 couch becomes a bed.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2007.
Date last modified - Tuesday, December 03, 2013