Shawnigan Lake Sanctuary - Vacation Rental House on the Lake
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Shawnigan Lake house description
Beautifully situated on Shawnigan Lake, this Vancouver Island rental house is on a quiet road off of a quiet road, located a short half hour drive from Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. This lakefront sanctuary will take you back to an era of elegance and romance. Sun soaked days and magically moonlit nights are yours. Wake up to birds singing and watch the eagles fishing from nearby McKenzie Island's tall trees.
Spend the day boating, fishing, hiking, swimming. Take a scenic ferry to nearby Butchart Gardens. Dine on the lakeside deck with fabulous views. Relax with a romantic evening stroll down the winding stone staircase to the dock and pop the cork amid a waterlily garden. After dark, lights reflecting across the lake highlight the beauty and intimacy of this setting. Nestle in by the cozy and efficient fireplace to wrap up another enchanted evening on Shawnigan Lake.
This home is elegant and modern, well appointed with fine furniture, antiques and beautiful art. Large windows look out upon fabulous lake views. With radiant floor heat throughout and ample natural ventilation, it is comfortable in all seasons.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 7
- Queen size Beds (2), Double Beds (1), Twin or Single Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Cooking Utensils
- Wood Fireplace
- Linens Provided
- Parking Off Street
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Covered Parking
- Lovely stone staircase from house down to lower grassy lawn fronting 70 feet of pristine Shawnigan Lake, waterlillies to rival Monet's garden, large wharf (dock) with ample moorage for your boat, Sunny location, Fabulous views, Great Fishing and Boating, Eagles Osprey and Otters abound, a short swim to McKenzie Island, Completely updated and modern interior, Chef's kitchen, Heated Floors, queen sliegh bed in the master bedroom, queen and twin beds in the downstairs room, queen bed in detatched bunkhouse, beautifully appointed, antiques and classic art throughout, cottage gardens with meandering paths, near Shawnigan School...moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Broadband Access
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
ReviewsWrite a review
Review from April 2013Guest comment entered by owner
Review from April 2013
We are quite settled in and very happily so. We just love your little slice of heaven! The house is perfect for us.
- Guest W.
- Date of stay 04/05/13
- Review Submitted 06/23/13
Recent ReviewGuest comment entered by owner
I can't believe our time here has come to an end! I'm going to miss this beautiful house. In fact, so much so that we'd like to rent it again next year. You have a wonderful house on such a perfectly private, lovely piece of property. I have had such an amazing time here.
- Guest W.
- Date of stay 06/22/13
- Review Submitted 06/22/13
Summer ..July-Sept5.. $2050/week. 1 week minimum Friday -Friday Summer shoulder.. June 1-July 1 Sept 5-15 $1750/wk Friday-Friday Fall,Winter,Spring: Sep 15-June 1$1450/week ,$1250-$1450/mo.+ utils Holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas ...... $1450/week. 1 week minimum stay allowed Fall, Winter, Spring.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Primary: (541) 752-2211 (Oregon, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from the house
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2007.
Date last modified - Monday, August 19, 2013