Rose Cottage, a Jewel in the Heart of Victoria
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7-56 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Victoria house description
SORRY, FOR SUMMERS 2013 AND 2014 WE HAVE ENOUGH RENTALS LINED UP. WINTER 2013-2014: we may have some rental time available, early November to early January 2014). Most of our rental time has been for repeat guests. House is designed for people who wish to settle into a well-located, comfortable environment. Designed, built, and steadily fine-tuned by its owners for their own retirement. The gracious cottage atmosphere is enhanced by bright, open main rooms and high standard of maintenance. Every year there are upgrades to keep up the quality. The covered veranda provides no-step access from the living room to the enclosed private rear garden. From there, you will hardly realize how close you are to the amenities of the city. Supermarkets, liquor, the shops of Oak Bay village, drug store, banks, library, etc. are all near. Walk to beaches, or drive to golf courses and hiking trails throughout the region. Not suitable for small children.
Rose Cottage was designed and furnished as a retirement residence. The mix of old and new furnishings and oriental area rugs have been selected to give a tasteful relaxed feel. The full set of kitchen appliances were new when the house was built, laundry appliances upgraded in fall 2007. The outdoor garden will be tended daily in spring and summer. To enhance air quality, all floors are hard surface (except for movable rugs), there is a whole-house air filtration system, and main floor bed is protected by 'Protect-A-Bed' mattress and pillow covers. Upper floor has new cork flooring for ease of keeping dust levels low, and the bed there also has an allergen barrier mattress cover.
Preparing for Your Visit: We keep trying to add little refinements to make your visit better. Some of these come from guests' suggestions. Some guests like to cook, so we leave a full selection of spices available. August 2007 saw a new 'high-efficiency' washer arrive with matching dryer. September, a new Simmons Beautyrest king-sized bed for master bedroom. To suit guests in 2008, we provided a barbecue, and a desk in an alcove off the upper floor lounge to create a small work area. A better verandah table and chair set added in 2010. The original carpeting of the upper floor was upgraded to new cork flooring in 2010. New TVs for 2012. Upgrades happen every year.
Dining: Restaurants and service offering full take-out meals are close by. Walk a little further for tea room, bakery, supermarket and more dining. Of course, you can also head downtown for a wide selection of traditional and ethnic foods. Want a suburb ocean view while you dine? A choice of several locations awaits you.
- 2 story
- 1900 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Low Allergen Environment
- Non Smoking Only
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 4-5
- Both bright main bedrooms face east to invite the morning sun. The master bedroom (with on-suite bath), is on the main floor. New (fall 2007) top-quality king-sized Simmons Beautyrest in this room. The good-sized upper floor bedroom (queen bed here), was designed first as an office, and has a skylight where a work table could be placed for your convenience. There is a cable outlet that could be activated here. The upper floor also has a spacious, high-ceiling lounge. The bedrooms being on different floors, each floor with its own TV, balcony, and bathroom, give good privacy for family or a second couple in this house. Air quality is important to us - both beds have alergen barrier mattress covers, and old upstairs wall-to-wall carpet has been replaced with cork flooring to reduce dust levels and make cleaning easier....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Master bathroom has heated tile floor for comfort on cooler days.
- Main floor (1130 sq.ft./ 105 m2) accessible front and back by sloped walkways. The living room, with dining and kitchen areas in one high-ceiling space, looks directly out through large picture windows to the covered veranda and garden. The main floor also has the master bedroom and en suite bath, powder room, and utility room with freezer and 'High Efficiency' washer and dryer. Upstairs (about 800 sq. ft./ 75m2) is a second large bedroom, a bathroom, and a spacious lounge with high ceilings. The lounge has its own private sunny balcony and an alcove with desk. Wifi computer connection. NETFLIX connection in the new DVD/BluRay player. The owners usually are close enough to answer questions, ensure maintenance standards, and provide assistance promptly. The house is not suitable for very small children; for older children, ask. Air filtration system, We do not permit pets or smoking....moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player:
- CD Player
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
- Rain Forests
- Recreation Center
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
- Botanical Garden
- Not Necessary
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Whale Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
local services and businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Near The Ocean:
sports and adventure activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Mountain Biking
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Dining Area
- Alarm Clock
- Wireless Internet
- Broadband Access
- Towels Provided
- Activities Guide
- Hair Dryer
- Laundry Soap
- Local Maps
- Paper Towels
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Basic Soaps
- Toilet Paper
- Parking Off Street
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Washing Machine:
- Air Conditioning:
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- 4 Ring Stove
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Coffee Grinder
- Small Cooler
- Porch / Veranda:
ReviewsWrite a review
the best location in Victoria!!!
the best location in Victoria!!!
We stayed here twice,the second time was a long term rental of 3 months.A very comfortable home in the Oak Bay area.The kitchen is well equipped and the rest of the house was perfect. The location is great,within walking distance to everything you need.The bus stop is 5 minutes away to connect you to any part of the city. I do a lot of walking and you could walk the ''woodland'' centennial trail thru oak bay,down to the water at oak bay marina ,to government house gardens and to downtown Douglas street in 25 minutes.
- Guest Linda DP (nova scotia)
- Date of stay 11/10/09
- Review Submitted 01/25/10
Recommended for: Sightseeing, tourists without a car, people with disabilities, girls getaway, pet owners, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, age 55+.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 1 - Feb 26, 2014
56 night min stay
May 1 - Sep 1, 2014
7 night min stay
Extra Nights: $165
Notes: Extra days after first week at $165 per day; two weeks $2500.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency ($) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates:
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Victoria at 20 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Seattle and Port Angeles, WA State at 3 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: To up-Island and Vancouver B.C. ferry at 3 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Gonzales Bay at 1 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 2002
About the owner: The owners, retired from business and primary school teaching, have lived on Vancouver Island most of their lives. Over 30 years of this was on a beautiful 20-acre riverfront woodlot north of Victoria. After taking early retirement, we moved to Victoria to be closer to the activities that we prefer for our coming years.
Why the Owner Chose Victoria:
We stay very active, and purposely built in regular exercise by locating in an area where it is convenient - and pleasurable - to walk to many of the things we need every day. We looked at many houses before deciding that we would get what we wanted, in features and location, by building our own house to suit our tastes.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Rose Cottage welcomes you; early summer view
Coming up the front path
Light Exercise - Walk to the Beach
Bathroom off master bedroom
"Office" desk and chair off upper floor lounge
Upper floor bedroom
Master bedroom, main floor
Utility room off kitchen
Upper floor lounge
2 Bedroom / 2.5 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.