'Brookside' Spacious Family Vacation Home in Maggie Valley, Nc
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Maggie Valley chalet description
Brookside is centrally located at the Maggie Valley Country Club just up the mountain from the golf course. This house is perfect for large family groups or several couples. The 5 bedrooms are all very private each with its own bathroom and the well equipped gourmet kitchen can be used to prepare a feast. There are plenty of outdoor spaces on the many decks and patios where you can enjoy private conversation, enjoy a barbecue or have a relaxing dip in the hot tub. The home is situated in the woods on 2 acres. Enjoy a walk up the mountain on one of the roads winding around the many mountain brooks.
Just bring food and paper goods with you and we provide the rest.
Brookside at Maggie Valley: This A-frame chalet at an elevation of 3500 feet is easily accessible from the Maggie Valley Resort and Country Club, located in the heart of Maggie Valley. With over 3000 square feet of living space on 3 levels, this 5 bedroom, 5 1/2 bath vacation rental is large enough to accommodate 5 couples or a large family. The house is situated on 2 acres of mountainous woods, giving you total privacy.
Outside there are many levels of decking. A catwalk connects the open front porch with the enclosed screened in sun room. The hot tub is on a large wooden deck off of the sun room. Steps from the deck lead into the gazebo. Enjoy outdoor activities, parties and barbecues on the spacious decks. There is a private porch off of the master bedroom upstairs. The decks are baby proofed with lattice work so that infants and small children cannot fall off of the elevated decks.
Close to everything: Maggie Valley is situated on U.S. 19 about 25 miles west of Asheville, North Carolina. The house is in the middle of Maggie Valley. This makes it close to many attractions including Cataloochee Ranch for horseback riding and Skiing, the amazing Blue Ridge Parkway, the Cherokee Indian Reservation and Harrah's Casino, 3 - 18 hole golf courses and great restaurants. Maggie Valley is the home of a great variety of weekend festivals and events. Many gift shops and antique stores will keep you busy shopping. The re-introduced elk herd can be seen near I-40, about 10 miles away. Nearby Waynesville has all of the shopping any city has.
Our website has many links to activities and attractions in and near Maggie Valley. Please click link at bottom of page.
Just a short drive away is Bryson City, home of all types of water sports including kayaking, canoeing, white water rafting, fly fishing, and the Appalachian trail.
Bikers Welcome: Bikers are welcome. The house is very close to the Blue Ridge Parkway and not too far from the 'Tail of the Dragon.' There is a secure double car garage.
- 3000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Housekeeper Included
- Unsuitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Children Welcome
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Two bedrooms are on the lower level. One bedroom is on the main level. Two bedrooms are upstairs. Each bedroom has its own private bathroom. No bedroom shares a wall, insuring your privacy. Master Bedroom has a private patio attached. One downstairs bedroom has a jacuzzi tub in the bedroom....moreless
Bathrooms: 5 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- The berber carpeted living room area has a 20 foot high wood ceiling, an all glass front on the A-frame for a great view and a stone fireplace. A westerly exposure insures that there is sunlight in the living room every afternoon. Off of the living room through the sliding glass doors is a large front porch with a great view. A circular wooden stairway in the living area is a unique feature leading to the upper bedrooms and sleeping loft. The extra large gourmet kitchen has 2 ovens, stove, refrigerator, microwave, pantry and all the kitchen utensils you will need. There is a large dining table that seats 8 people and off of the dining area is an enclosed sun room. There are 5 bedrooms; 3 with king size beds, 1 queen size, and 1 full bed. All linens and towels are provided. In one bedroom there is a jacuzzi tub. Each bedroom has DirecTV and most have a VCR. Wireless High speed DSL internet. There is a DVD player & 50' Sony TV in the living room. Washer and dryer are in the garage...moreless
- Video Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Audio Tape Player
- Books For Adults
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Away From It All
- Autumn Foliage
- Live Theater
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
local services and businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
sports and adventure activities
- Whitewater Rafting
- Equestrian Events
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Mountain Biking
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Hunting Small Game
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ski Privileges Optional
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
forms of payment
- Accept Credit Card
- Dialup Access
- Alarm Clock
- Local Activities Guide
- Parking Off Street
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Linens Provided
- Iron & Board
- Air Conditioning
- Broadband Access
- Wireless Internet
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Local Maps
- Ceiling Fans
- Activities Guide
- Clothes Dryer
- Housekeeper Included
- Cooking Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Ice Maker
- Screen Porch / Veranda
- Unscreened Porch / Veranda
- Porch / Veranda
- Outdoor Grill
- Wood Deck
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Hot Tub
- Hot Tub
ReviewsWrite a review
A Great Place for Good Days and Memories
A Great Place for Good Days and Memories
Our group of 10 had a wonderful time at Brookside and around the area. The realty agent was attentive and helpful. Even when a tree fell across the driveway repairs were quick and thorough. We did find the freezer door stuck and the wireless connection not working they were soon fixed but keeps the rating from perfect. The hot tub got a good workout and having a large table we were all seated for dinner and games. The large screen TV provided great indoor activity and the large porch gave wonderful reading areas. We were able to park five cars in the driveway and the turnaround proved necessary. It was a short trip to Ashville and the Blue Ridge Parkway so there were many field trips. Try visiting the NC Arboretum, Mount Mitchell and Biltmore for a start. A train ride and rafting trip proved a lot of fun. The central location was within reach for the whole group from Jacksonville FL, Hackensack NJ, Rochester NY and Durham NC. The mornings are cool and the days warm and sunny so all was good. There are just a lot of things to do and a nice house to come back to for grilled dinner, conversation and a soak in the tub. It was quiet and restful. It would be nice to have an outside picnic table. We will remember the visit to Brookside for years to come and hope you do too.
- Guest Alan (Durham, NC)
- Date of stay 06/20/10
- Review Submitted 07/07/10
Recommended for: Sightseeing, age 55+.
The Brookside is total comfort and beauty. Nestled on the side of the mountain it is so regal. It is large, but cozy. Our group loved the house and the surroundings. Will definitely return!
- Guest Judy & John (Grand Rapids, OH)
- Date of stay 08/09/08
- Review Submitted 08/19/08
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, families with young children, pet owners, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, age 55+.
$1600 per week includes cleaning fee and hot tub maintenance fee.$1600 per week, plus tax. $885 per 3 NIGHT WEEKEND, plus tax. additional nights $300. Rent for 3 weeks get the 4th week free. Holidays (Christmas and New Years) 1 week minimum for each holiday. Rental fee includes cleaning fee and hot tub maintenance fee Refundable deposit required or $45 accidental damage insurance Travel Insurance available MASTERCARD, VISA, AND DISCOVER CARDS WELCOMED$1,600 per week plus tax. $885 3 night weekend plus tax $$4,950 per month plus tax MASTERCARD, VISA, AND DISCOVER CARDS WELCOME
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Asheville, North Carolina at 25 Miles
- Nearest Train: Smoky Mountain Railway, Dillsboro at 15 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: US 19 and US 74/23 (Smoky Mountain Expressway) at 5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: beach at 300 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Cataloochee at 6 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Maggie Valley Club at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Maggie Valley Club at 0.5 Miles
- Primary: 866 926-3303 daily
- Secondary: 828 926-3303 Stephanie, rental agent
- Tertiary: 800 753-8385 Dr. Lou Gotthelf, owner
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Luxury Mountain Chalet on 2 Secluded Wooded Acres
Gourmet Kitchen fully equipped to prepare meals
Hot Tub on the patio helps you relax
Sunporch opens onto wooden deck with hot tub
Living room with fireplace, 50'TV, 20 foot ceiling
Kingsize downstairs bedroom with 2 person jacuzzi
Upstairs Master Bedroom with large porch
Large patio with hot tub and gazebo
5 Bedroom / 5.5 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.