100 Acre Vermont Estate Between Woodstock and Montpelier
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets allowed:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Winderlea is a 100 acre mid-19th Century Vermont Cape that has been renovated into a light and airy home. Gathering spaces are warmed by three fireplaces. Superb craftsmanship and design is exhibited throughout, including an expansive gourmet kitchen, fabulous dining room with soaring barreled ceiling and fireplace, private library with fireplace and luxurious master suite. A guest apartment is located adjacent to the house - just 20 feet away. A pool and pool house are set at the edge of a sunny meadow on the property.
Comprising 100 gently sloping acres, the property enjoys wonderful views of the surrounding countryside. The house is embraced by huge expanses of spectacular stone walls, tiered gardens and terraces.
Winderlea is a perfect year-round retreat. In Winter take advantage of miles of cross country skiing and snow shoeing trails just out the front door. In Spring and Summer - the flower, fruit and herb gardens are not to be missed. Enjoy the pool, hiking and biking trails as well as the famous "floating bridge and pond." In Autumn - the foliage is second to none.
Finally the house is maintained with top of the line appliances (Wolf and Viking), cookware (All -Clad) and luxury linens (Pratesi and Anichini). Weekly housekeeping is also included.
If you'd prefer a night out, Ariel's Restaurant just two miles down the road, is one of the finest small restaurants in New England with a wonderful wine list. Or, if you would like to have a chef cater dinner for you in the home, we highly recommend Table for Two. Ask us for contact information.
Keywords: House and Guest House
- Vacation Rental
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- King size beds (1), Queen size Beds (1), Twin or Single Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Parking Off Street
- Wine lovers will appreciate the 100 bottle refrigeration cabinet to store their prized bottles. Chefs will appreciate the herb kitchen garden all summer and the asparagus beds in May and June. Kids will enjoy picking blueberries and raspberries from the gardens in July and August. Superb craftsmanship and design throughout, including an expansive gourmet kitchen, private library, master suite and 3 fireplaces. Pool and pool house as well as spectacular stone walls and tiered gardens. Miles of hiking and cross country ski trails are out the front door....moreless
- Music Library
- CD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- DVD Player
- Free Long Distance
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Private Pool
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
Location & View
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Horseback Riding
- Live Theater
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- The home is located on a peaceful road with other large properties and is surrounded by the best that Vermont has to offer: The Chandler Theater in Randolph, the town next door, brings in national performers as well as regional and local theater. Enjoy the restaurants and cultural events of Montpelier, just 30 minutes away. Take advantage of the amenities of Woodstock but escape the congestion. The region's best ski resorts can be reached within 45 minutes. The exciting small city of Burlington is a short hour's ride away. Brookfield is famous for its "floating bridge" over Sunset Pond which is just 2 miles from property. Swim in the pool on the property or head to the bridge for hours of fun in the pond. The property also has a brook running through it. Cyclists will find Route 14 just 1/2 mile down the road for access to extensive miles of great and scenic riding. Burlington, Lake Champlain and Burlington Airport are an hours drive north...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
two weeks of solitude
two weeks of solitude
Winderlea is a wonderful retreat from the busy world. It is replete with natural beauty, terraced gardens and expansive lawns. This is all supported with the presence of an inground pool and large sun-drenched deck overlooking the wild hills and mountains of Vermont. I have not visited a more private vacation spot. The distances are not too great to enjoy Montpelier or Burlington, and Woodstock, and though I had to drive 10 miles to Randolph to acquire the Boston Globe, it is a pleasant drive on country roads with lots of cows and fields to admire. The house and amenities are superb. In the town of Brookfield, just down the road is a wonderful little restaurant called Ariel's. We enjoyed a fine dinner there and loved the place and the people. We look forward to another vacation in Brookfield next year. Leo and Joyce
- Guest nifty
- Date of stay 06/28/08
- Review Submitted 07/22/08
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway, adventure seekers.
Jan, Feb, Mar, Sep, Oct ..... $2500/week or $9000/month (plus 9% VT Hotel/Room Tax Apr, May, Nov .. $2000/week or $7000/month (plus 9% VT Hotel/Room Tax) Jun, Jul, Aug, .... $3000/week or $11,000/month (plus 9% VT Hotel/Room Tax) Not generally available during the month of December.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Before paying contact the owner to confirm payment details.
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
Year Purchased: 2001
About the owner: Former Bostonians, and part time Vermonters, who moved to Oregon in 2006 to buy a vineyard and start a winery. Now living in Oregon most of the year operating Winderlea Vineyard & Winery in Dundee, OR. We make Pinot noir and Chardonnay.
Why the Owner Chose Brookfield:
This was the perfect combination of everything we were looking for in a weekend property. Easy access from Boston and NYC to one of the most beautiful areas in Vermont. We have 100 acres of rolling hills and mountains, beautiful pastures, and miles and miles of walking, running, hiking and ski trails. Each season holds something very special. Skiing in winter, the bright and happy colors of springtime. Summertime brings a bounty - and our favorites are the blueberry and raspberries in August. Finally, there is no prettier place in the world in Autumn than Vermont.
- Primary: (503) 896-9820 (Oregon)
Links to more information:
Exterior view in early Summer
The pool and pool house
A true chef's kitchen
A perfect dining room for leisurely dinners
A lovely and comfortable living room
Master Suite with King Bed and dramatic bath
A favorite spot for evening cocktails
Expansive lawns surround the home
A sunny breakfast area
A cozy TV room with fireplace
The perfect library with a stone fireplace
A classic farmhouse twin bedroom
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2007.
Date last modified - Friday, May 24, 2013