Gorgeous Home on Situate's-Minot Beach--Has it All!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Scituate house description
Enjoy the sunrise and listen to the waves from your master bedroom suite. Newly renovated, luxury living: this Nantucket style home was recently gutted and completely restored by owners; the house the all the charm of a turn of the century beach 'cottage', with all the amenities of a new luxury home; enjoy two fireplaces; two decks; water views from most rooms; Central Air conditioning; large new open plan kitchen with stainless steel appliances, granite counters, microwave; dishwasher; large master suite with elegant new contemporary master bathroom, private deck overlooking beach; walk- in closet; 3 additional bedrooms- each with special features (includes skylights, ceiling fans, fireplace, etc); full finished basement with ping pong; TV family room, shower and changing room, bath and laundry. Children welcome. Minimum two weeks rental--maximum occupancy is 8.
Area amenities: Area activities include cycling ,swimming ,surfing, body boarding, beach combing, golf, sailing, fishing. Scituate has two private golf courses and one public golf course. Boat charters and fishing charters are available leaving from Scituate Harbor. The house is located about 100 yards from Minot Beach. The neighborhood is very kid friendly with lots of kids and grand-kids and is very safe. There is a small local 4th of July parade for the kids, as well as the annual 4th of July castle building contest.
- 3 story
- 3200 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Children Welcome
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Non Smoking Only
- Low Allergen Environment
- Unsuitable For Elderly Or Infirm
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 7-8
- All mattresses are new and the beds are extremely comfortable.
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Master bath is luxury modern tile with oversized walk in shower; new tile guest bath with full tub/ shower; half bath on first floor; full tile shower, sink and toilet as well as adjoining laundry room in finished basement. There is also an outdoor shower to rinse off sand when returning from beach....moreless
- The house is located in one of the most sought after waterfront neighborhoods on the South Shore. Everything in this property is top quality. The current owners have kept the charm of the original house, while adding a contemporary luxury twist. The house was completely renovated in 2005....moreless
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- CD Player
- Games For Kids
- Ping Pong Table
- Autumn Foliage
- Live Theater
- Bird Watching
- Whale Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
local services and businesses
- Medical Services
sports and adventure activities
- Pier Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Water Skiing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Dining Room
- Iron & Board
- Alarm Clock
- Ceiling Fans
- Filtered Water
- Local Maps
- Paper Towels
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Basic Soaps
- Toilet Paper
- Parking Off Street
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Wireless Internet
- Towels Provided
- Housekeeper Optional
- Coffee Grinder
- Ice Maker
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Lawn / Garden
- Kayak / Canoe
- Outdoor Grill
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Inflatable Boat
- Wood Deck
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Cleaning services for longer stay is optional--prices may varyIMPORTANT; MINIMUM 2 week rental during summer season.Rates quoted are not subject to negotiation. No special rates are available.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Logan at 28 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Hingham at 12 Miles
- Nearest Train: North Scituate at 2 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Route 3 at 9 Miles
- Nearest Beach: beach at 100 Metres
- Nearest Barpub: Jamie's at 2 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Hatherly Country Club; Widows Walk at 1 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Lots of choices in Scituate and Cohasset at 3 Miles
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: I summered in Scituate as a child and have lots of wonderful memories of lazy summer days at the beach. My husband and I moved to MA from New York City in 1985 and spent years looking for property near the beach.
Why the Owner Chose Scituate:
We own the house next door and bought this house because we were worried that someone would tear it down. The house was originally built in 1880 and is one of the oldest properties in Minot. We wanted to preserve the character of the house, so we completely gutted renovated the, but tried to keep the unique features and the original line and character of the house.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The neighborhood is a throwback to the 50's--unlocked doors, front porches and everyone knowing everyone. The house has gorgeous water views from the very sunny kitchen, and lots of unique features that are hard to describe. One room - the 'tower room'- took the master carpenter 6 weeks to complete the finish work. Everyone falls in love with that room.
- Primary: +1 7815457191
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Kitchen -sunny and brand new
4 Bedroom / 3.5 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.