VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
You sent a message to this owner.
Completely renovated, updated and redecorated within the past 5 years, the Laughlin House provides all of the modern comforts features, amenities of a newer home, with the classic grandeur of a long-standing colonial home. Set on a quiet street, the home's large backyard is the most enjoyed amenity, allowing for sunbathing, tranquil afternoons reading or amazing outdoor summer meals enjoyed under the gazebo. Additionally, the three kitchens allow ample space for preparing meals or enjoying snacks. Eight bedrooms and three family rooms give large families the chance to vacation without being cramped and crowded. Handicapped accessibility in the rear of the house gives all guests the opportunity to enjoy a vacation just a block and a half from the beach. Fifteen beach tags are generously provided by the family, eliminating one of the additional costs associated with most vacation rentals.
The Laughlin House, Stone Harbor, NJ provides a one of a kind vacation experience for your next family reunion, church retreat, wedding party or family vacation. Our distinctively large home and property is situated only 1.5 blocks from both the beach and the bay and only a short walk from the downtown shopping and restaurant district. Built in 1956, the property has since been remodeled and updated to provide a comfortable and completely enjoyable getaway.
Featuring 8 spacious bedrooms, the house allows 24 people to sleep comfortably in 11 beds or 5 pull-out sofa beds. Each specially decorated bedroom has a cable television and a ceiling fan for those extra warm summer evenings. We ask our guests to provide sheets and towels, but each room has a cozy comforter and extra pillows to making sleeping in even more likely! With 4.5 bathrooms, no one will fight for a spot – even with the largest group.
The Laughlin house boasts some extra-special conveniences you never knew you were missing in your last vacation rental! Three full-size and fully-stocked kitchens allow for large meals to be prepared and served with ease. No need to worry about the expense of eating out every night of your stay- when you can easily pack 3 refrigerators full.
The three large living areas are great for movie night – all have Dolby surround sound and DVD/VHS players. The main living room has a 50” flat screen, so everyone will feel part of the action.
The huge game room amazes guests of all ages – providing fun and challenges with 3 pinball machines, a mega-touch and a full-size arcade game. On the less-techy side of the things, you’ll find tons of board games to set the friendly competition into high gear, no matter who is playing. Wireless internet connections are also available for those who can’t quite disconnect while on vacation.
One of the largest backyards on the island becomes an ideal spot for family meals, game nights or barbecues. There are two fully-furnished patios - one allowing you to escape the heat under its completely covered gazebo, the other is perfect for sun-bathing on comfy reclining lounge chairs. The backyard is also the perfect spot for a party – think intimate wedding reception, bridal or baby shower, birthday party and more. Rose-lined borders and lush green grass set the tone for a beautiful celebration.
You’ll also find our backyard shed stocked with beach chairs, toys and 2 grills. And you haven’t enjoyed a day at the shore without enjoying the luxury of a heated outside shower!
The Laughlin House covers your beach fees, too! 15 beach tags are provided upon arrival at no extra charge.
Plenty of off and on-street parking makes packing and unpacking a breeze and a ramp entrance at the back entrance allows for handicap accessibility.
Open year-round, the Laughlin House offers weekly rates from May through September and weekly and weekend escape packages for the rest of the year. No matter when you visit, you are sure to find amazing activities throughout the county, offering whatever you are looking for in a trip to Stone Harbor.
(3) Aside from our in-house complimentary centralized library that is provided to our guests, our central media library offers a selection of music from Rapsady.com, last.fm, as well as an additional licensed collection of over 14,000 different songs via Windows Media Center....moreless
(9) We offer comcast cable box with full access to all included cable programming and on demand selections. We offer a premium cable package through Comcast that includes Showtime, HBO, Stars, and Cinemax, as well as their collection of OnDemand programming. In addition, we offer a collection of media programming through the house media server....moreless
(3) Our guests receive complimentary access to user friendly interfaces where guests can select programming from our extensive media library that includes 700 different movies, 400 commercial-free TV episodes as well as concert and recorded concert footage and music videos....moreless
(2) The house has two seperate laundry rooms each containing a dryer unit. The main laundry downstairs supports a large, front-loading machine while the upstairs contains a smaller, stackable unit....moreless
Our penninsula fireplace can be found downstairs, creating a unique centerpiece in the main living room. For winter guests, with the touch of a remote control, they can find additional warmth and the glow of a roaring fire....moreless
We currently provide sets of dishcloths in the main kitchen, as well as in each of the smaller snack kitchens upstairs. We do provide guests with comforters and matress covers, however at this time we DO NOT provide either bed sheets or bath towels....moreless
Parking for a boat trailer is allowed in front of the house, as long as all local parking ordinances are followed. If room in the drive allows, it may be parked there as well as long as it has been cleared with the owner ahead of time....moreless
(2) The house has two seperate laundry rooms each containing a washing machine unit. The main downstairs laundry supports a large, top-loading machine, while the upstairs contains a smaller, stackable unit....moreless
Catering services are available at numerous locations throughout the area. Upon request, we are happy to supply guests with a list of restaurants or businesses that will accomodate groups or small parties at the house....moreless
(3) The house offers guests three seperate kitchens. Downstairs, the main kitchen provides a place for most house cooking and food preparation. The room itself comes with the following large appliances: A full-size, side by side, refrigerator/freezer combination with an automatic ice maker, crusher and cold water delivery system. The kitchen also offers a 4-burner stove, an in-wall oven, a microwave oven, a garbage disposal, and a full-size dishwasher. In addition to the large appliances, the main kitchen also contains a blender, a 4-slice toaster, an electric can opener, a toaster oven, a 12-cup coffee maker. Each of the upstairs snack kitchens contain the following appliances, a compact-sized four-burner stove and oven, a compact-sized refrigerator and freezer. As well as smaller utilities which include a blender, coffee maker, 2-slice toaster and microwave....moreless
(2) We have two separate french balconies that over look the street. Ahead shows a view of the famous water tower directly ahead and the view to the right shows a distant view of the ocean on most days....moreless
(2) There are two separate back patios located on the house grounds with combined seating for 16 on cushioned seats. The home features a larger patio that seats 10 people underneath a lighted gazebo with four seated at the dinning table, four with room seating, and a final two people seated on a small outdoor couch. The second patio seats six and is located with sun chairs right off of the master bedroom with two sun chairs, and four seated at a round table....moreless
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 1 - May 17, 2015
7 night min stay
May 22 - May 29, 2015
7 night min stay
June 6-12 2015
Jun 6 - Jun 12, 2015
7 night min stay
June 13-20 2015
Jun 13 - Jun 19, 2015
7 night min stay
06/27 - 07/04/2015
Jun 27 - Jul 3, 2015
7 night min stay
Jul 4 - Aug 21, 2015
7 night min stay
Aug 22 - Sep 5, 2015
7 night min stay
Sep 11 - Nov 2, 2015
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Please send us an inquiry for an accurate rate quote. Saturday is our changeover day. Also, our spring and fall rates range from $2,250.00 to $3,700.00 and we offer both 3-day weekend and weekly rental rates.
We work with guests individually to create a payment plan for their trip. Payments can be split into 3-9 even payments. Please note, all guests are required to pay in full for the reservation within at least 30 days in advance of their reservation's check-in date.
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The Laughlin House is Located at: 211 103 rd Street, Stone Harbor, NJ 08247
The town of Stone Harbor is at the southern end of 7-mile island right off the southern coast of New Jersey. The town widely regarded as a vacation retreat for both affluent and middle-class family's from New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Maryland, Washington D.C. and Delaware. It is great town to enjoy all of the benefits of the shore without any of the problems of over-crowding, excessive noise or crime that can cause problems for vacationers on the other islands in the area.
The Laughlin House is located 1 1/2 blocks from the beach, 1 block from the bay, and 7 blocks south of the island's shopping district. All are in easy walking distance for guests. The Laughlin house is located between Second and Third Avenue, on a very quiet, residential street.
Year Purchased: 1956
About the owner: The mansion was originally designed by my grandmother Helen V. Laughlin and built by my grandfather John S. Laughlin who moved to Stone Harbor in 1939 and ran a general store on 96th Street from 1939-1984. Helen taugh school on the island and John sat on the town's Board of education for many years. At the time construction was completed in 1956, the home was the largest residence on the island. My family has over 50 years experience caring for the property and making sure that our guests enjoy the best experience possible during their stay in our home. To that extent, the house continues to this day to be fully occupied each year during the summer season and we enjoy that each year as much as 80% of our guests return guests each year.
Why the Owner Chose Stone Harbor:
The mansion was originally designed by my grandmother Helen V. Laughlin and built by my grandfather John S. Laughlin who moved to Stone Harbor in 1939 and ran a general store on 96th Street from 1939-1984. Helen taugh school on the island and John sat on the town's Board of education for many years. At the time construction was completed in 1956, the home was the largest residence on the island. My family has over 50 years experience caring for the property and making sure that our guests enjoy the best experience possible during their stay in our home. To that extent, the house continues to this day to be fully occupied each year during the summer season and we enjoy that each year as much as 80% of our guests return guests each year.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Stone Harbor has been fortunate enough to have been listed as one of the top 10 beach destinations on the east coast as well as received multiple awards year after year for shopping, recreation and leisure, and fine dining experiences. - 24 beautifully furnished rooms within a 5000 sq ft living area. - 8 fully furnished bedrooms & 4.5 bathrooms. - 4.5 baths plus a heated outside shower. - 3 separate kitchens - 1 downstairs and 2 private kitchens upstairs. - 2 separate Laundry rooms - 1 Included Free Access to our Arcade Gameroom. - A completely free arcade game room facility. - Two upstairs sunrooms w/ french balconeys. - Our large, central livingroom - Two separate Large-Outdoor Fully furnished patios - The Evening Patio - The Sun Patio - House-wide Intercom System - Internet Access: - Telephones: - In home, 'No waiting' check-In w/ a tour of the home for any last-minute questions. - Beach Tags included w/ guest agreemnt for replacement.
Street View of the Laughlin House
The View from the Balconies
Our Free-Play game room w/basketball, pinball, Foosball and other games.
House Master Bedroom
East GST - #6 of 8 bedrooms in the Mansion w/2 double beds/Cable TV
Large 1st Flr Living Room w/ peninsula fire place, Internet, & Cable TV.
Showing both patios (sun & eve) w/ seating for 18
The Home's Entry Way w/Desk leading upstairs (on Left)
A view of The Laughlin House from the street showing night lighting
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2007.
Date last modified - Monday, December 15, 2014
8 Bedroom / 4.5 Bathroom
(484) 410-4696 (Pennsylvania, USA)
Please call between 10am - 7pm EST
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.