VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
You sent a message to this owner.
Special offer: Summer & Fall 2015 Weeks! Now 10% off (up to $795)! Details
The Laughlin House has been passed down and enjoyed by our family for four generations. In fact, we still vacation there every year! In our family, the home is a magical place where we can go to relax, unwind and make wonderful memories. We love being able to share our home and our love of Stone Harbor with other families as they make their own vacation memories.
The Laughlin House offers both the modern comforts and amenities of a newer house and the classic grandeur and charm of an historic island home. Between the home’s unique features, the convenience of its location, the spaciousness of the property, and all of the amenities we offer, you are sure to give your family a truly one-of-a-kind vacation with memories that will last a lifetime!
19 GREAT REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD STAY AT THE LAUGHLIN HOUSE FOR YOUR NEXT VACATION!
••• IT’S ONE-OF-A KIND •••
• Our awesome game room is perfect for rainy days, featuring pinball machines, a Mega-Touch machine, basketball game and traditional board games like Monopoly, Clue and Life.
• Have you seen the backyard? The Laughlin House sits on a 9,900 square foot property and features one of the largest, private backyard areas on the island with a beautifully-lit gazebo; great for outdoor dining, sun bathing, games or just relaxing.
••• IT’S SPACIOUS •••
• The Laughlin House is designed for the entire extended family to be together, but with separate living and dining areas for individuals or small groups to have quiet time.
• The 5,000 square foot house features 8 large bedrooms and 3 large living areas – we promise you won’t feel crowded here!
• The downstairs features a large living room area that is perfect for meetings or gatherings.
• Five pull-out sofa beds, seven twin beds and four queen beds provide ample sleeping space for large groups or families.
••• IT’S CONVENIENTLY LOCATED •••
• Centrally-located at the Jersey Shore less than 3 miles from the Wildwood boardwalk, less than 10 miles from historic Cape May and less than 20 miles from Ocean City – tons to do and tons to see!
• Located only 1.5 blocks from the beach, listen closely – you can hear the ocean!
• Our house is within walking distance to 96th Street, Stone Harbor’s incredible downtown shopping area featuring tons of great stores and restaurants.
• The Laughlin House is located on a quiet street allowing for a peaceful vacation away from the hustle and bustle.
• Family-owned, rented and managed property, making rentals easy and hassle-free.
••• IT’S CHOCK-FULL OF AMENITIES •••
• Private parking is available on the property, as well as abundant free public parking in front of the home.
• Three kitchens (yes, three!), make cooking large meals for a crowd more convenient.
• Gas and charcoal grills making outdoor cooking easy.
• Free Internet access through wi-fi.
• Cable television in all 8 bedrooms and 3 living room areas.
• Central Air Conditioning provided throughout the house.
(3) Aside from our in-house complimentary centralized library that is provided to our guests, our central media library offers a selection of music from Rapsady.com, last.fm, as well as an additional licensed collection of over 14,000 different songs via Windows Media Center....moreless
(9) We offer comcast cable box with full access to all included cable programming and on demand selections. We offer a premium cable package through Comcast that includes Showtime, HBO, Stars, and Cinemax, as well as their collection of OnDemand programming. In addition, we offer a collection of media programming through the house media server....moreless
(3) Our guests receive complimentary access to user friendly interfaces where guests can select programming from our extensive media library that includes 700 different movies, 400 commercial-free TV episodes as well as concert and recorded concert footage and music videos....moreless
(2) The house has two seperate laundry rooms each containing a dryer unit. The main laundry downstairs supports a large, front-loading machine while the upstairs contains a smaller, stackable unit....moreless
Our penninsula fireplace can be found downstairs, creating a unique centerpiece in the main living room. For winter guests, with the touch of a remote control, they can find additional warmth and the glow of a roaring fire....moreless
We currently provide sets of dishcloths in the main kitchen, as well as in each of the smaller snack kitchens upstairs. We do provide guests with comforters and matress covers, however at this time we DO NOT provide either bed sheets or bath towels....moreless
Parking for a boat trailer is allowed in front of the house, as long as all local parking ordinances are followed. If room in the drive allows, it may be parked there as well as long as it has been cleared with the owner ahead of time....moreless
(2) The house has two seperate laundry rooms each containing a washing machine unit. The main downstairs laundry supports a large, top-loading machine, while the upstairs contains a smaller, stackable unit....moreless
Catering services are available at numerous locations throughout the area. Upon request, we are happy to supply guests with a list of restaurants or businesses that will accomodate groups or small parties at the house....moreless
(3) The house offers guests three seperate kitchens. Downstairs, the main kitchen provides a place for most house cooking and food preparation. The room itself comes with the following large appliances: A full-size, side by side, refrigerator/freezer combination with an automatic ice maker, crusher and cold water delivery system. The kitchen also offers a 4-burner stove, an in-wall oven, a microwave oven, a garbage disposal, and a full-size dishwasher. In addition to the large appliances, the main kitchen also contains a blender, a 4-slice toaster, an electric can opener, a toaster oven, a 12-cup coffee maker. Each of the upstairs snack kitchens contain the following appliances, a compact-sized four-burner stove and oven, a compact-sized refrigerator and freezer. As well as smaller utilities which include a blender, coffee maker, 2-slice toaster and microwave....moreless
(2) We have two separate french balconies that over look the street. Ahead shows a view of the famous water tower directly ahead and the view to the right shows a distant view of the ocean on most days....moreless
(2) There are two separate back patios located on the house grounds with combined seating for 16 on cushioned seats. The home features a larger patio that seats 10 people underneath a lighted gazebo with four seated at the dinning table, four with room seating, and a final two people seated on a small outdoor couch. The second patio seats six and is located with sun chairs right off of the master bedroom with two sun chairs, and four seated at a round table....moreless
Special offer: Summer & Fall 2015 Weeks! Now 10% off (up to $795)!
We still have a select few great weeks left for this summer and we are now booking fall weekends! Book your vacation, family reunion or gathering before April 15th and you will save 10% off the normal rate for 2015 summer and fall reservations. Weeks are first come, first served - don't miss out on this great deal! Contact us to find our more. Fall = 3 night minimum, Summer = 7 night minimum.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 1 - May 17, 2015
2 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Changeover Day: Wednesday
May 22 - May 29, 2015
7 night min stay
June 6-12 2015
Jun 6 - Jun 12, 2015
7 night min stay
June 13-20 2015
Jun 13 - Jun 19, 2015
7 night min stay
06/27 - 07/04/2015
Jun 27 - Jul 3, 2015
7 night min stay
Jul 4 - Aug 21, 2015
7 night min stay
Aug 22 - Sep 5, 2015
7 night min stay
Sep 11 - Nov 2, 2015
3 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Changeover Day: Wednesday
Additional information about rental rates
Please send us an inquiry for an accurate rate quote. Saturday is our changeover day. Also, our spring and fall rates range from $2,250.00 to $3,700.00 and we offer both 3-day weekend and weekly rental rates.
We work with guests individually to create a payment plan for their trip. Payments can be split into 3-9 even payments. Please note, all guests are required to pay in full for the reservation within at least 30 days in advance of their reservation's check-in date.
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The Laughlin House is Located at: 211 103 rd Street, Stone Harbor, NJ 08247
The town of Stone Harbor is at the southern end of 7-mile island right off the southern coast of New Jersey. The town widely regarded as a vacation retreat for both affluent and middle-class family's from New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Maryland, Washington D.C. and Delaware. It is great town to enjoy all of the benefits of the shore without any of the problems of over-crowding, excessive noise or crime that can cause problems for vacationers on the other islands in the area.
The Laughlin House is located 1 1/2 blocks from the beach, 1 block from the bay, and 7 blocks south of the island's shopping district. All are in easy walking distance for guests. The Laughlin house is located between Second and Third Avenue, on a very quiet, residential street.
Year Purchased: 1956
About the owner: The mansion was originally designed by my grandmother Helen V. Laughlin and built by my grandfather John S. Laughlin who moved to Stone Harbor in 1939 and ran a general store on 96th Street from 1939-1984. Helen taugh school on the island and John sat on the town's Board of education for many years. At the time construction was completed in 1956, the home was the largest residence on the island. My family has over 50 years experience caring for the property and making sure that our guests enjoy the best experience possible during their stay in our home. To that extent, the house continues to this day to be fully occupied each year during the summer season and we enjoy that each year as much as 80% of our guests return guests each year.
Why the Owner Chose Stone Harbor:
The mansion was originally designed by my grandmother Helen V. Laughlin and built by my grandfather John S. Laughlin who moved to Stone Harbor in 1939 and ran a general store on 96th Street from 1939-1984. Helen taugh school on the island and John sat on the town's Board of education for many years. At the time construction was completed in 1956, the home was the largest residence on the island. My family has over 50 years experience caring for the property and making sure that our guests enjoy the best experience possible during their stay in our home. To that extent, the house continues to this day to be fully occupied each year during the summer season and we enjoy that each year as much as 80% of our guests return guests each year.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Stone Harbor has been fortunate enough to have been listed as one of the top 10 beach destinations on the east coast as well as received multiple awards year after year for shopping, recreation and leisure, and fine dining experiences. - 24 beautifully furnished rooms within a 5000 sq ft living area. - 8 fully furnished bedrooms & 4.5 bathrooms. - 4.5 baths plus a heated outside shower. - 3 separate kitchens - 1 downstairs and 2 private kitchens upstairs. - 2 separate Laundry rooms - 1 Included Free Access to our Arcade Gameroom. - A completely free arcade game room facility. - Two upstairs sunrooms w/ french balconeys. - Our large, central livingroom - Two separate Large-Outdoor Fully furnished patios - The Evening Patio - The Sun Patio - House-wide Intercom System - Internet Access: - Telephones: - In home, 'No waiting' check-In w/ a tour of the home for any last-minute questions. - Beach Tags included w/ guest agreemnt for replacement.
A view of the house from the street in the evening.
This is an illustration of our home. We hope that our visitors like the graphic.
Large 1st Flr Living Room w/ peninsula fire place, Internet, & Cable TV.
Showing both patios (sun & eve) w/ seating for 18
The Home's Entry Way w/Desk leading upstairs (on Left)
Street View of the Laughlin House
House Master Bedroom
East GST - #6 of 8 bedrooms in the Mansion w/2 double beds/Cable TV
Our Free-Play game room w/basketball, pinball, Foosball and other games.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2007.
Date last modified - Saturday, March 28, 2015
Please call between 10am - 7pm EST
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.