Charming, Quiet, Beautiful Sandy Beach,Sunsets, Pontoon, Kayaks, Pedal Boat & Mo
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Baldwin cottage description
This lovely like new 2002 lake front home on Reed lake, and Rainbow Lake has just been landscaped and includes new fire pit area & oak wood supplied. The home sits on one wooded acre, has great lake and sunset views from many rooms and large deck over looking the yard/ lake. Located in Baldwin, Mich. NW of M-37 and 5 min. from Big Star Lake, 8 min. from Marquette Golf course and 15 min. from town. This crystal clear fishing and swimming lake is also part of a chain of lakes. Only 2 hours N W of Grand Rapids, and fully furnished with everything you can think of except food, fishing poles and bait. We offer a pontoon with motor and gas, 4 kayaks, canoe, boat dock and swim dock. The cottage also has a wood burning fire place that can be seen from the master loft. In the fall & winter months it offers just as much as it does in the summer including color tours, hunting, snowmobiling, cross country skiing, Ice fishing, snow shoeing, special get aways, holidays, and romantic weekends.
Booking Early & (SAVE): Note: When booking for a week and paying 4 plus months in advance, paying in full (now) you save $200 off your rent all year long at both of our lake front homes no matter how many times you stay. Pay 2 plus months in advance and save $100.00 off your stay.
We appreciate all our great guests and how nice they leave the homes, and we appreciate the large number of return friends who stay with us and wish to repay all of you and newcomers with this gesture just becasue we care and want to say thank you!
Fishing: This lake is connected to 2 others known as the chain of lakes and fishing is excellent, for bass, blue gill, perch, walleye, Lake trout & pike. All of the connecting lakes are great fishing as well. All in all there are at least 156 lakes in lake county. We also have several great fishing rivers and water rafting close by.
By the way the home has a new well and the well water is excellent. Note: Refund for the summer months will not be given unless we are informed at least 3 months in advance due to most clients/guests booking them early in the year and it's most difficult to replace them at the last minute or late into the summer months. However, the owner will do everythiing possible to find a replacement guest and if successful the owner will refund 100% of the guaranteed holding fee.
Hunting and Mushrooming. Snowmobiling: There is no better area to hunt turkey or deer than Baldwin. The mushroom hunting is also superb and is one of the best kept secrets about the area. Our home is very close to nicely groomed snowmobile trails or you can just go cross country through 1000's of acres of state and national forest. The snowmobiling and ATV trails are great and being in the snow belt we get plenty of snow evenwhen there is none down state.
Don't forget the kids sleds as we have hills and you can snowshoe or cross country right from the home and go for miles and miles.
Generally speaking we will refund part of the rent paid to all guests for leaving the home as nice as they were when the came in. Example for a $2,400.00 week stay we normally refund -0- to $450.00 of the rent paid depending on if the home was left as taken. Toatally cleaned, neat and orderly. At the owners discretion and no guarantee as we are fussy and do require it perfect. 75% of our gusest get no charge and the rest will vary on how well they followed their contract and hourse rules. Left as found we actually refund $450 and this has been our parctice for the last 7 years. Please read our guests comments. (NO PETS)
- 1433 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Non Smoking Only
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Pets Not Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9, Beds for 7-9
- This is not just any rental, but a beautiful lake front, year round home, well furnished with everything. Built in 2002 this like new home offers 3 bedrooms including a master loft bedroom with 1/2 bath & sky light and one queen sofa sleeper in the living room. We also have additional sleeping accommodations. Central air & ceiling fans and fireplace. Two sets of patio furniture on the large deck over looking the lake & chairs for the fire pit area and or beach. Home also includes pontoon boat, 4 kayaks, canoe, volley ball, horseshoe pit,dock and swim dock. Home also is complete with a full main floor laundry area. Full galley kitchen with granite cutting table and complete knife set and silverware and new dishes and wine glasses. The front yard is lawn and can be used for badminton or croquet, bocce ball etc. We also have a wooded area if the kids would like to pitch a tent. for even more fun. There is no traffic as we have private drives.You couldn't find a safer place. Save by ...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
- 1 1/2 baths one full down and 1/2 up including ceramic tile, sky light, sink, medicine cabinet and closet organizers The phone # there is 1-269-898-4257 and is off in the winder. You will need a cell during the winter or off season months. Note: Super Important: Rent both homes for a group of 20 for only $4,000 depending on he group it could be more. not to exceet $5,000.00 The homes are only 9 lots away from each other and they both have there own boats. etc. etc. Hurry on this one groups will take these before familys as it's hard for groups to find this type of situation. Cottage phone is -231-898-4257 for local call only,, you may want a cell phone or two, with chargers Booking early, Paying in full at least 4 months in advance can save you $200.00 now. Save by booking Early....moreless
- Pontoon boat with 25 hp Johnson motor and gas,4 kayaks, horseshoes, canoe, swim dock, boat dock, Volleyball, fire pit, wood, grills etc. This lovely like new home built in 2002 comes complete. You just need food, bait, your favorite suntan lotion, fishing pole and your best mate and you're all set for a great time. Oh, by the way if you like wild life, the deer come down to the lake to drink during the day. There are loons, geese, bald eagles, golden eagles, great blue herons, sand cranes, turtles, fox, coyotes, turkeys and lots of wood peckers, humming birds and more. Oh, one more thing. On a clear night you can see the milky way and billions of stars. As I stated earlier and ran out of room, you couldn't find a safer, quieter place for children as we have no traffic on our private drive and we have a nice large lawn maybe 60 x 40 x70 x 50 for the kids to play on and the entire lot is 100 x 200 plus another 25 ft x 100 ft of vacated attached land. Note: sail boat may be available ?...moreless
- Books For Adults
- Games For Kids
- Satellite / Cable
- Books For Kids
- Music Library
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Away From It All
- Winery Tours
- Autumn Foliage
- Live Theater
- Coin Laundry
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Gambling Casinos
- Bird Watching
local services and businesses
- Medical Services
sports and adventure activities
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Hunting Big Game
- Hunting Small Game
- Water Tubing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Ice Skating
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Dining Area
- Child's Highchair
- Sofa Bed
- Linens Provided
- Activities Guide
- Thermos Bottle
- Toilet Paper
- Local Activities Guide
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Air Conditioning
- Alarm Clock
- Clothes Dryer
- Mosquito Magnet
- Hair Dryer
- Local Maps
- Filtered Water
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Basic Soaps
- Towels Provided
- Paper Towels
- Ceiling Fans
- Parking Off Street
- Lobster Pot
- 4 Ring Stove
- Cooking Utensils
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items
- Small Cooler
- Beach Towels
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Beach Chairs
- Boat Dock
- Kayak / Canoe
- Tennis Court
- Pedal Boat
- Wood Deck
- Outdoor Grill
- Walkway To Water
- Boat With Paddles
- Fish Cleaning Table
ReviewsWrite a review
A Restful Vacation
A Restful Vacation
Our family had a great time, just about everthing is furnished with this cottage. We enjoyed the pontoon raft and the Kayaks. Very clean and comfortable.
- Guest Humphrey family (Albion, Mi)
- Date of stay 07/12/08
- Review Submitted 07/22/08
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with teenagers, adventure seekers.
Owner response: Thank you for the review and for taking such great care of our home. You are marvelous guests and we hope to see you again soon. We have many great family's and they all enjoy the homes and the area. Even the youngest children to the teenagers go nuts over the water, swim dock, kayaks, volleyball and playing in the sand. Thanks again and have a great year! Gene & Martha Riggs Retreat and the all new Loons' Ridge Retreat
Home away from home
Home away from home
This was a lucky get away for our family as it was spur of the moment. Gene met us at the beautiful home ( loon,s ridge) he gave us a tour and gave us a wonderful basket of goodies! They thought of everything plus some for this home. They even had a curl iron! Truly all you need are clothes and food. We use VRBO for all of our vacations and have never been let down but, this is the first time my family wants to go back to the same home! That should explain a lot. We will be back and Thank you!
- Guest Roberta (Otsego)
- Date of stay 08/18/13
- Review Submitted 08/26/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, families with teenagers, sightseeing, girls getaway, romantic getaway.
Owner response: Thnaks so much for the great review. We try hard to make the retreats a great place to relax, have fun and we try hard to supply all of the creature comforts, amenaties and other items that many places do not offer. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you next year.
Peace and Quiet
Peace and Quiet
We just returned home from our stay and had a wonderful time at Gene and Martha's place! The house has everything you could need (loved the wifi) and was very clean. We enjoyed reading in the hammocks, fishing on the pontoon, and kayaking too! My boys loved the swimming and catching frogs under the paddle boat. The lake is very quiet and is a no wake lake so you don't have boats racing around. Martha left a basket of goodies for us to enjoy. The home made blueberry jam was quickly polished off by our family! This location works well for a day trip to Lake Michigan as well:) Thanks again!
- Guest Sabrina C. (Southeast Michigan)
- Date of stay 07/30/11
- Review Submitted 08/06/11
Recommended for: Families with young children, families with teenagers, romantic getaway.
Owner response: Thanks for nice review. We are so glad you had a great time. We wish we had more time to use one of the homes ourselves once in awhile but with both of us working and owing our own business, and with Martha tutoring in the summer months we stay very busy. Anyway we are glad you like the homemade jam, Martha came up with that idea last year and we are close to running out, she had to go buy more jars and she just got $24 worth of blueberrys and she is making more. I thought it was better then anything I have ever pruchase for a store. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon. Gene & Martha Riggs Lake & Trails Retreat and the all new Loons' Ridge Retreat
We have stayed here twice, and loved it both times! It is clean and roomy! The view of the lake is beautiful, and we had a wonderful time on the beach and on the pontoon boat! This place had everything you need, minus your toothbrush and food...couldn't ask for anything more (except maybe some wifi). ;) I have suggested this place to family members and friends! The owners were very pleasant and accommodating! If you're looking for tons of things to do outdoors (in any season), this is the place!
- Guest Jill M.
- Date of stay 09/19/09
- Review Submitted 07/31/11
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, adventure seekers, romantic getaway.
Owner response: Hello From Gene & Martha, WiFi is on, but we only turn it on from June to Oct. sometimes Nov. Thanks for the great review and for mentioning our homes to your family and friends. It a lobor of love for us and we have a good deal of fun doing it. I only wise we had more time to use it ourselves. We do rent all year long as we have many of the same fisherman, hunters, snowmobilers, color tour guests and of course the busy summer groups. Many quad and cycle people during the blessing of the bikes as well. Thanks to all for you nice comments and we look forward to seeing you again. As always if you can think of something we could or should add please let us know. Yours truly, Gene & Martha
My husband & I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary and the beginning of our official retirement at this retreat. We rented this lovely lake home for a month, which went by way too quickly. The home was fully stocked, clean and very welcoming. The owners are very nice people and were just a joy to deal with. They absolutely think of everything to make your stay enjoyable and stress free. There is a golf course a few miles away with a nice little restaurant that we enjoyed. Our only regret is we cannot make it back to "our" cottage in the woods this year, but hope you do!!!
- Guest Fred & Bonnie (Lebanon, Illinois)
- Date of stay 09/01/07
- Review Submitted 05/09/08
Owner response: Dear Fred & Bonnie, Thanks you for such a nice review and for taking such great care of our home. When we walked in after you left it was such a pleasant and wonderful surprise to see the nice gift and spotless condition of the home. Thank you, the both of you are wonderful. Our neighbors also liked having you there. We are so glad we could be part of sharing your 40th wedding anniversary and official retirement by having you stay at the Retreat. That's why we started this and we are looking at doing a third one just because it's so much fun especially when we get such nice people like you. We do hope you can find the time in your busy retirement schedule to see us again. Bring the grand kid, they will have a blast. Thanks so Much Gene & Martha Riggs Retreat and the all new Loons' Ridge Retreat
You couldn't ask for a nicer location.
You couldn't ask for a nicer location.
I rented this cottage for a week and wish I had rented it for longer. The location is beautiful. It sets high on a hill. You can set out on the deck and look out over the trees and lake. The lake is a no wake lake so it is very quiet especially in the morning when everything is just waking. The pontoon boat that is included in the price is a terrific plus to the cottage. It was so much fun to just troll around the lake and either fish or bask in the sun. The accomodations were terrfic and everything was furnished all the way down to the toilet paper. It was very clean and the washer, dryer and dishwasher were very much appreciated. I believe that the only downside to this rental (if there is a down side) is that there are several steps to take down to the lake so you better remember everything on the first trip :) I would highly recommend this rental or any other rental that these owners have available. They are great people to deal with.
- Guest Summer renter (Grand Rapids, MI)
- Date of stay 07/01/07
- Review Submitted 12/19/07
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, girls getaway, romantic getaway.
Owner response: Thank you very much for staying with us, and we look forward to having you back with us this year. Your comments are very much appreciated and we have heard the same comments from everyone who has stayed with us. We have two wonderful guest books full of great comments such as yours. It's always a pleasure to have such wonderful guests. We try our hardest to keep everything like new and replace things when necessary. We love supplying all your needs from the linens, spices, washer, dryer, disposal, firewood to the gas for the boat. This year we are adding a sail boat, horse shoes and more. We find the children and the teenagers love the home and the area just as much as the adults. You just can't keep them out of the water. Our 6 year old grand son just love to kayak himself now that he has learned how. Thanks again Gene & Martha Riggs Retreat and the all new Loon's Ridge retreat Thanks again and Have a Happy Holiday Season!
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|Early Fall special
Oct 1 - Oct 31, 2013
2 night min stay
Notes: $1450 8, plus a $350 security deposit. with Pontoon, kayaks, fire wood, spices, A super deal specia
Nov 1 - Feb 28, 2014
2 night min stay
Notes: $975 up to 6 and 1175 up to 8 plus a $250 security depoist.
Mar 1 - Apr 30, 2014
2 night min stay
Notes: $1450 up to 6 and $1550 up to 8 $450 seucrity deposit.
May 1 - May 31, 2014
2 night min stay
Notes: Early special. $1650 up to 6 and $1750 up to 8 $450. secuirty depoist.
Jun 1 - Aug 31, 2014
7 night min stay
Notes: $2350 up to 6 $2450 up to 8 plus secuirty dep. $450. Pontoon, kayaks, canoe, paddle board, pedal boa
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency ($) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates:
Fees and Taxes:
- Tax Rate 6%
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Traverse City at 46 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Ludington at 25 Miles
- Nearest Train: Baldwin at 8 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: M-37 & 76th at 8 Miles
- Nearest Beach: beach at 33 Metres
- Nearest Golf: 5 minutes away on 76th. with restaurant at 6 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: 5 minutes away 2 of them of 76th at 6 Miles
- Primary: +1 616 304-2557 any time
- Secondary: +1 616 745-9211 evenings
- Fax: +1 616 643-8092 any time
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
3 Bedroom / 1.5 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.