Super Cozy Cottage and Bunkhouse in Manzanita
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Manzanita cottage description
Enjoy the coziest vacation rental in Manzanita. Camp Manzanita consists of 2 structures; an authentic cedar cottage and a new bunkhouse built in spring 2007.
The cedar cottage has 2 bedrooms (one queen bed in each), a living room, kitchen and bathroom. The bunkhouse has 2 built-in triple bunks, a desk, a bathroom and an outdoor shower.
The Bunkhouse has a dramatic vaulted ceiling, oversized french doors and craftsman wood paneling throughout. The cottage and bunkhouse are connected by a spacious deck.
Camp Manzanita is one block from the beach and five blocks from town. Curl up and enjoy the quiet by the woodstove after a brisk walk on the beautiful beach or hang out on the rear-deck with family and friends and enjoy a barbeque on the gas grill.
FROM OUR GUEST BOOK:
1) We had an awesome time here, sooo much fun! We swam, made huge sandcastles, had many laughs and tons of meals. We recommend: going to Tillamook and taking cheese tour, roast marshmallows, sleeping-in, making s'mores, playing smashball, the tidepools, grilling a lot, chalk on the street, the beach, outdoor showers, going to the dog store, ice cream, pizza, flying kites, bonfires on the beach, taking pictures, the bunkhouse,. Thank you so much!! we enjoyed everything!!! "We hope to return someday..."
2) You have an awesome house. We had an excellent time. Thank you so much
3) We had such a nice time at Camp Manzanita. Everyone got in lots of beach time and sun - surfing too! Beautiful beaches: Indian Cove, Manzanita, Ecola State Park, Short Sands. We're already talking about our next vacation! Thank you. p.s. The bunk house was great!
4) We had a wedding reception here. It was a dream come true! Perfect room for every one. Beautiful house! Thank you so much for a perfect place.
5) On July 25th, 2009 we were married on the beach here in Manzanita. It was perfect. The deck made a wonderful area for food and visiting. The bunkhouse was perfect to display our wedding cake. The stereo system was great to have - we had music playing everywhere.
After everything was cleaned up and all the guests gone we had a wonderful 5 days. The tide pools south of Rockaway were great. We rented boogie-boards from the bike shop in town and had a blast. We hope everyone that stays here gets a chance to try it. Plus the outdoor shower makes it easy to get all cleaned-up. Manzanita has a wonderful art galleries that is a must see.
We really enjoyed our week here beating the triple digit heat in Portland. Thank you for a wonderful place to stay!
6) A week filled with fun at Camp Manzanita beach house! Great deck + bunkhouse, the kids loved it! Lots of beach time with such good weather. Walks, biking, skateboarding, swimming, grilling, campfires.
7) It was so much fun going boogie-boarding and making sand castles!
8) Thank you for this wonderful place to stay. We had so much fun playing on the beach: horseshoes, paddleball, baseball & frisbee. We loved being able to listen to music in and outdoors. It was cozy with a group of 10 :) Hopefully we can come to Camp Manzanita again!
9) Thanks you for proving such a beautiful cabin for us and our friends to enjoy! We love Manzanita. Our dogs had a great time too.
10) We had a wonderful time at Camp Manzanita. We really enjoyed the cozy atmosphere of the cabin and bunkhouse. The town of Manzanita has been a joy to visit. We would love to come back again. We had a great time climbing to the top of Neahkanie mountain, strolling the beach and visiting Ecola State Park in the Cannon Beach area. We just wish we had made it a longer trip! Thank you for providing such a wonderful place to stay.
11) We had a great time at Camp Manzanita. Great location and cool atmosphere.
12) We had a lovely time. The dog made many new friends on the beach. Thank you for the visit and for welcoming dogs.
13) Thanks for the letting us stay here at great winter prices! We enjoyed the storm. Quite exciting with wind, rand and fallen trees. Huge waves, so we skipped the boogie boarding. The kids want to come back this summer and stay longer.
14) We had a wonderful time spending out fifth new years together - this time at Camp Manzanita. We played lots of Wii, ate chili & nachos and spent the last few moments of 2009 battling rand and wind on the beach. We return home with lots of squeeky cheese and hilarious photos.
15) The first trip of the season! Good friends, great food & a wonderful house to enjoy it all in. I was told the outdoor shower was awesome. We watched the Olympics, listented to music on our iPods, read, hiked and dreamed. Thanks for making this place available. We'd love to come back!
16) Family & friends here to celebrate our son's 31th birthday. We even had a few sun breaks in between showers. Grandkids enjoyed the bunks! Wood stove worked great.
We love it here! Thanks Annie + Clark.
18) We've had a wonderful week here at Camp Manzanita. What a great place to celebrate the July 4th holiday! The house is spectacular ... we will definitely be back again next year. Betsy, Dave & Dylan
19) We have had a great weekend at Camp Manzanita! The bunkhouse is wonderful, and the calm is delightful. And the beach! Great place to be on Labor day. Nick and Mimi
19) We enjoyed the "Camp" so much on our 50th wedding anniversary. Larry & Molly
20) Thanks for sharing Camp Manzanita with us. We had a great walk on the beach and scored some good waves at Short Sands! Very relaxing spot to hang out & catch up with friends! Kerry & Beth
21) This was so much fun! I love the beach. I hope we can come back soon. Skylar (age 6.)
22) Fantastic time with best friends. The first of many I hope. A cabin filled with a lot of laughs, good times, good food, good drinks. - what more could you want! Jodi, Melissa, Leslie & Maureen.
Keywords: cottage cabin bunkhouse
- Vacation Rental
- Pets Considered
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
Bathrooms: 1.75 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Parking Off Street
- Wood Stove
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Wireless Internet
- Broadband Access
- Basketball Court
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain Biking
ReviewsWrite a review
We had a nice stay at Camp Manzanita. The house is about 2 blocks from the beach and about a 5-10 minute walk to the main strip in Manzanita. The main cabin is cozy, the beds are comfortable, and the kitchen is adequate. The bunkhouse is very nice and great for kids, it sleeps 6 and has it's own bathroom. We were there in early April and the weather was very cool, rainy and windy. We ended up having to split a lot of fire wood to keep the cabin warm which was a bit uncovenient. The wood stove made the cabin quite warm. Manzanita has a couple of ok restaurants and a good pub. The grocery store is fine, but a little expensive. Good coffee and newspapers can be found at the News and Coffee place in the upper part of town. Nearby, we enjoyed Hug Point State Park, Cannon Beach and further a field the little town of Gearhart with it's golf course and McMenmains and the fantastic Pacific Way Cafe. We played the little Manzanita Golf Course which was fun, but not too challenging. It's a perfect course for beginners. We will likely return Manzanita, but more likely in the warmer summer months.
- Guest Gatsby (PNW)
- Date of stay 04/06/09
- Review Submitted 04/06/09
Owner response: regarding heaters: For the main house you can use the wood stove, built-in electric heaters or both. The bunkhouse has a built-in electric heather.
Jan-Arpil.........................$150/night...$1000/week (min 2 nights) May-June..........................$200/night...$1400/week (min 2 nights) July-Aug..........................$2000/week (weekly rental only; Friday-Friday) Week of July 4th...............................$2300/week only Sept..............................$200/night...$1400/week Oct-Dec...........................$150/night...$900/week Thanksgiving, Christmas Break.....$200/night...$1300/week (min 3 nights) 10% tax and $150 cleaning fee are in addition to the rental fee
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: We grew up on the East Coast enjoying the beaches of New England and New Jersey. We wanted to share our love of the beach and ocean with our children and friends. A vacation home on the coast is the perfect college investment tool that allows us to enjoy our savings tool and share it with others. We hope you also enjoy your time at summer camp surrounded by friends and family discovering what a special place the Oregon coast is, especially Manzanita.
Why the Owner Chose Manzanita:
Manzanita is considered one of the 'undiscovered jewels' of the Oregon Coast. Although Manzanita is only 15 miles south of Cannon Beach, the two towns are worlds apart. Manzanita features a magnificent beach along with a 'laid-back' small-town atmosphere. Because of the unique geography of the Manzanita area (Mt. Neahkanie to the north), Nehalem Bay to the south, Manzanita frequently gets sun, when Cannon Beach and Gearhardt are 'socked-in.' Manzanita features excellent recreational opportunities including: hiking, biking, kayacking, windsurfing, kiteboarding, tennis, volleyball, golf, surfing, beach walking and crabbing.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
We love the whole cozy, intimate nature of Camp Manzanita. It's a great place for families to spend time together. We LOVE the bunkhouse! The iPod-driven whole home-audio system: We can go to the coast, dock an iPod and have music everywhere (house, decks, bathroom, bunkhouse.) We love that we can easily walk to the beach and walk to town. We love the rear deck. This is the best place to put on your favorite music playlist, hang-out, cook on the grill and have cocktails. The wood stove. We love the outdoor shower with 'endless hot water'.
- Primary: (541)490-2166
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Cottage living room with wood stove.
Bunkhouse from front door (6 bunks + bathroom)
View of Camp Manzanita from the rear
Dogs are welcome! Plus a cozy wood stove.
Bald Eagle on Manzanita beach in 2009
Manzanita beach with Mt. Neahkanie. Our house is 1.5 blocks from this beach.
The Bunkhouse and back deck. The camp door on the right is the outdoor shower.
Bunkhouse (see the door to theBunkhouse bathroom)
Kitchen from living room
Master Bedroom with down comforter.
Cozy bunk in bunkhouse (the bunkhouse has 6 bunks like this.)
Bathroom in the main cottage
Bonfire on the beach - Manzanita 2009.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2007.
Date last modified - Sunday, March 09, 2014
2 Bedroom / 1.75 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.