Great Location on Farm, Luxurious Accomodations and Unbeatable View!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:4 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Smugglers Notch chalet description
High Mowings is a Swiss inspired ski chalet surrounded by 40 acres of beautiful hay fields and full views of Mt. Mansfield and slopes from house. This luxury home in the heart of the Vermont Mountains is situated at the peak of a hill in the valley between Mt. Mansfield (Stowe), Smugglers Notch and Jay Peak with commanding views of all three mountains. High Mowings Farm is located 9/10 of a mile from the mountain road between Jeffersonville and Smugglers Notch Ski Resort. A 2005 designer renovation includes a great kitchen with Viking Range, multiple dishwashers and huge granite island. The many bathrooms won't make you wait for a tub or shower. One bath room has the 'tea for two' tub which can be quite romantic or has been known to accommodate 3 or 4 little ones. This property is a great retreat in all seasons and any weather condition. Art museum and antiquing in village.
Terms of rental: Couples and families only please. No large groups. 4 day minimum rental.
$500 down payment to confirm reservation. This is no-refundable
Payment in full two weeks prior to rental date or one month for holidays.
50% cancellation fee within two weeks or one month for holidays.
$1000 security deposit returned two or three weeks after rental.
We would kindly request two personal references or credit check please.
Winter travel: Snow tires, chains or 4x4 a must in winter time to ascend Pratt Road and steep driveway.
- 3500 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
- This is great house for families or anyone who cherishes open fields and unsurpassed mountain views. Great for a romantic getaway or ski destination with entire family. With extra beds in the bunk/ play room and multiple bedroom layouts, we can accommodate many different types of vacationers. In the spring, summer and fall Stowe Mountain Resort is a short ride over the panoramic Smugglers Notch Pass for golf or other of the amenities of the resort. With the pass open, we are almost as close to the Top Notch Spa and Stowe Mountain Resort as Stowe Village itself. The quaint town of Jeffersonville only a couple miles from the house is a tranquil contrast from the hustle and bustle of Stowe just over the mountain pass. For hikers The Pass is your destination with many trails leading in all directions. Being able to cross country ski, sled and snow shoe out the front door may make it hard to leave the property at all in the winter months....moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- We have a detached garage/ barn and a one car garage attached to house. The detached garage/barn is usually filled with farm equipment and now has a ping pong table in one of the bays. The one car attached garage leads directly to center of house and is of great use in cold weather loading and unloading....moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- CD Player
- Audio Tape Player
- DVD Player
- Books For Kids
- Game Room
- Games For Kids
- Music Library
- Ping Pong Table
- Video Library
- Autumn Foliage
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
- Eco Tourism
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
local services and businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Mountain View
sports and adventure activities
- Ski Lift Privileges
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Ski Privileges Optional
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Hunting Big Game
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Equestrian Events
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Communication / Internet
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Filtered Water
- Local Maps
- Paper Towels
- Toilet Paper
- Parking On Street
- Coffee Grinder
- Cooking Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items
- Outdoor Grill
- Lawn / Garden
- Unscreened Porch / Veranda
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
4 night min stay
Discounts: 14 nights or more: $350 Nightly - Weekend Nights excluded
Sep 15 - Apr 1
4 night min stay
Discounts: 14 nights or more: $500 Nightly - Weekend Nights excluded
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Burlington, VT at 20 Miles
- Nearest Train: Burlington, VT at 20 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: 108 at 0.9 Miles
- Nearest Beach: beach at 20 Miles
- Primary: +1 617 780-7098
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
High Mowings Farm main house from field below.
"a cooks kitchen" - two sinks, two dishwashers, 6 burner Viking and view
Living room - wood burning fireplace and TV not in picture
ornate wood stove in lower bedroom
"Tea for Two" tub
playroom/ bunkroom 2
main entrance with Mt Mansfield hiding in the clouds makes quite a view
10 seat dining table
4 Bedroom / 4 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.