Napa Vacation Bungalow Stroll to Dining, Nightlife, Wine Tasting
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:1-3 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
The Napa Vacation Bungalow is a unique 3 bedroom. 2.5 bath retreat nestled a block from the Napa River in Old Town Napa. The property consists of a Main House and a private Garden Studio which are rented together as one property. (Note: There is NO additional charge for the Garden Studio - it's included!)
We are one of the 41 legally permitted vacation rental homes in Napa. Our home holds the City of Napa Vacation Rental Permit # VR09-0023. (NOTE: In Napa, rent only from permitted vacation rentals to ensure your reservation will be honored and available when you arrive.)
Just blocks away you'll discover world class dining (Napa's best restaurants: Morimoto's, Angele, Cole's Chop House, The Pear Southern Bistro), shopping and nightlife in downtown Napa. The Napa Valley and all it has to offer are easily within your reach. San Francisco and the Bay Area are one hour to the south.
Owned and operated by two artists who live in San Francisco, the home features beautiful, hardwood and Italian tile floors, original photography for sale, as well as lovely, tasteful touches that will be sure to tickle your senses and refresh your soul.
The entire property has been refurbished 2012 - 2013.
Each bedroom has access to it's own commode and sink. The two bedrooms in the Main House also share a full bath. The Garden Studio has it's own bathroom. (Not suitable for very large persons.)
Additionally, the private Garden Studio offers two french doors leading to its own deck, a completely stocked kitchenette, including refrigerator and microwave as well as it's own separate, full bath.
During your stay you'll enjoy free WIFI, 44' flat screen TV entertainment with surround sound, iPod friendly sound systems, luxurious linens, a barbecue/dining deck, a dining room that seats eight, washer and dryer, a completely stocked gourmet kitchen including gas range, blender, cuisinart, professional quality cookware, mixing bowls, microwave, ice-maker, toaster, coffee maker, plates, glasses, and utensils and off-street, covered parking. A separate office, located in the Main House, offers an excellent workspace including a desk, high speed internet (Mac and PC compatible) and printer/scanner access. All bedrooms and living room have ceiling fans. Both the Main House and the Garden Studio have heating and air-conditioning and provide on-demand filtered water.
The property features a secluded back yard with spa/Jacuzzi and lovely Asian touches such as a huge black bamboo grove, Japanese maples, a water feature, an enormous apple tree and romantic lighting.
NOTE: Weekends, we generally have a five night minimum. Weekdays, we can offer shorter stays. We have *some* flexibility depending on many factors, so if your proposed visit doesn't fit this criteria, please do contact us and we'll review your options.
The property is comprised of the following:
The Main House contains:
• a fully-equipped gourmet kitchen including, refrigerator, on-demand purified water, gas oven and stove, dishwasher, ice maker, microwave oven, toaster, mixer, coffee maker, coffee grinder, glasses, dishes, complete cookware set, cooking utensils & dining utensils,
• two bedrooms with queen-sized beds,
• one large bathroom with double vanity and walk-in shower, with direct access from both bedrooms,
• one half bathroom (which can also be used as a private bathroom for the adjacent bedroom. (In this way, all bedrooms have their own commode and sink.)
• a living room with large leather sofa bed, leather recliner, additional seating, a 44” flat panel TV, board games, DVD video library,
• a dining room with table seating eight and sideboard,
• an office with a desk, sofa bed, scanner, printer and wine cooler,
• a front porch with seating,
• two rear decks off the yard, one smaller with seating directly off the living room and one larger for dining directly off the living room,
• a 5-burner propane BBQ,
• a music system which plays CDs, radio and connects to iPods, iPhones and the like
• forced air heating and air-conditioning,
• hardwood and tile floors,
• iron, ironing board and steamer,
• hair dryers,
• extra blankets and towels,
• bath and body soap,
• toilet paper and paper towels,
• bedrooms contain closets with luggage racks, hangars and clothes drawers, and
• original artwork by the owners which can be purchase and shipped to your home.
The Garden Studio contains:
• one large studio-sized bedroom with king-sized bed,
• two french doors leading out to its own semi-private deck adjacent to the spa,
• a kitchenette including, refrigerator, sink, on-demand purified water, microwave, all glasses, dishes and utensils,
• heating and air-conditioning,
• a seating area,
• a stereo system which plays CDs, radio and connects to iPods and similar music sources utilizing a standard ¼” mini plug,
• an antique armoire with luggage rack and hangars, and
• one full bathroom.
• A sparkling clean spa/Jacuzzi is located in the garden,
• 400 count linens, bath and body soap, toilet paper and paper towels are provided,
• a washer & dryer, soap and bleach are located in the garage,
• off-street parking for three vehicles is provided,
• dimmable lighting is installed throughout the property and deck areas,
• low-wattage, automatic lighting is located in the rear yard and deck steps for safety and ambience,
• and recycling containers are located in the main house and the side driveway.
Keywords: This Napa vacation bungalow is a rental home comprised of both a Main House and Garden Studio! Walk to wine tasting, four-star restaurants, nightlife and shopping in downtown Napa. Go one a wine tasting tour in Napa Valley Wine Country. Take a day trip to San Francisco. It's all here! Our Napa vacation rental house is located right in the middle of it all! NapaVacationBungalow.com
Build your best vacation ever
From over 1 million rentals worldwide
Escape the confines of a hotel
Enjoy the freedom of a vacation rental
Book with confidence
Relax and enjoy your stay
From online to on vacation
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- King size beds (1) King bed in the private Garden Studio with full bath, kitchenette and its own deck. 400-count sheets with luxurious memory foam!, Queen size Beds (2) Queen beds in both bedrooms in the Main House. 400-count sheets with luxurious memory foam!, Child Beds (1) The Main House office contains a small sleeper sofa perfect for two small children., Baby Cribs (1) Cribs may be rented and delivered from a local company. Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) Full-size pull out sofa in living room, convertible single bed in office....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Each bedroom has it's own commode.
- Located in Old Town Napa, one block from the Napa River and just six short blocks to 18 Zagat rated restaurants & posh shops, The Napa Valley Wine Train, The Napa Opera House, Spas, Downtown Shopping, and Historic Museums. Easy access to Highway 29 and the Silverado Trail and the finest wineries in the world. 55 minutes to San Francisco, 55 minutes to Oakland International Airport, 75 minutes to San Francisco International Airport. At night, the rear garden is beautifully lit with garden lights creating just the prefect amount of light and magic. The Napa Vacation Bungalow is a GREEN property: We recycle yard waste, glass, plastic, metal, paper, we have an on-demand hot water heater, over 95% of our lighting is warm LED or warm fluorescent, the entire yard and gardens are on drip irrigation, we participate in Pacific Gas and Electric’s SmartAC program and we’re a short walk to downtown. We be GREEN!...moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Freshwater Fishing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Dining Area
- Air Conditioning:
- Broadband Access:
- Clothes Dryer
- Free Long Distance:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room
- Parking Off Street:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- Catering Available:
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
(2) The Main House has a gourmet kitchen including ice maker, gas range, all appliances, all new professional cookware, towels, dishes, wine cooler, wine and cocktail glasses. The private Garden Studio has its own kitchenette complete with refrigerator, utensils, microwave, dishes and glassware....moreless
Deck / Patio:
(4) There are four separate redwood decks for dining al fresco, relaxation and privacy. The dining deck is shaded by a large umbrella and seats six for al fresco dining. The Garden Studio has its own semi-private deck adjacent to the spa. A third, smaller deck features two Adirondack chairs and is a great getaway within a getaway! Finally, the front porch is covered and perfect for hanging out in the evening....moreless
- Outdoor Grill
Pool / Spa
This hot tub is located in a private area of the rear garden next to a giant black bamboo grove. It is enclosed in an architecturally simple structure covered with fragrant jasmine vines and sheltered overhead from the elements creating a very private setting yet maintaining site of the stars and allowing plenty of natural airflow. We've carefully created a private and cozy setting that you're sure to enjoy....moreless
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 1 - Apr 30, 2016
1 night min stay
May 27 - May 29, 2016
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $175 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Tax Rate 12%
$295 - $495 per night. See specials below:
Major holidays: $495 for each night.
Last-minute winter rates: $295 per night. Inquire for details.
(For weekends, we generally have a five night minimum. Weekdays, we can offer shorter stays. We have *some* flexibility depending on many factors, so if your proposed visit doesn't fit this criteria, please do contact us and we'll review your options.)
Cleaning Fee: $175
Napa City Tax: 12% (Includes rent and cleaning fee)
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
Book with Confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Chef Masaharu Morimoto - known to millions as the star of the Iron Chef and Iron Chef America - has garnered critical and popular acclaim for his seamless integration of Western and Japanese ingredients. He has effectively created a signature cuisine that has gained worldwide appeal and position him as one of the foremost chefs today. July 2010, he opened his first West Coast restaurant, Morimoto Napa, at downtown Napa's new Riverfront development....MoreCollapse
Just blocks from Napa's great restaurants: Morimoto's, Fish Story and The Thomas. Soaking in the Jacuzzi Under the Stars, Bicycle rentals, Hiking and Fishing Along the River, Hot Air Balloon Rides, Dining at World Class Restaurants, Visits to the Spa, Shopping in Napa, Wine Tour in Napa Valley, Catering Available.
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: Both Bill and Paul are artists who live in the Bay Area. Bill is a full-time photographer and Paul works at the University of California San Francisco directing research projects. As an alternative to the buzz of the big city, they love the peace and quiet of Napa. Bill loves to cook and both love to sample good wine. In their spare time, they survey the back roads of Northern California on their motorcycles and love to go motorcycling and camping in their Airstream. They designed the Napa Vacation Bungalow to be as comfortable and relaxing as possible and figured that if it met their expectations, chances are, it would meet other's. So far, it's been a great success. Almost everyone that visits says the property is much more beautiful than the pictures on the internet led them to believe. Practically everyone seems to fall in love with the peaceful, attractive setting. Seriously -- read the reviews! Bill and Paul are excited to have you stay at this oasis while you visit this amazing area. They welcome everyone and they're supportive of marriage, for everyone, and families, of all kinds.
Why the Owner Chose Napa:
Bill and Paul visited friends in Napa and fell in love with Napa's geographic beauty, world-class restaurants, wineries and its proximity to San Francisco. They searched for many months to find the perfect home. The Napa Vacation Bungalow turned out to be an ideal location balancing privacy with access by foot to downtown Napa shops, spas and restaurants. With so much within walking distance and wine tours available to pick you up from our home, you can enjoy an auto-free vacation!
The Unique Benefits at this Bungalow:
Guests who stay at the Napa Vacation Bungalow say the pictures on the web don't do it justice! They find the home peaceful, relaxing and quiet, with everything possible provided and that they'd come back in a heartbeat. We've strived to create a special place that isn't fussy or uptight and doesn't feel like a rental but feels like your home might feel. We've created a place that we love to visit when we can and we reasoned that if we really liked it, others would too. And it worked! We are always thrilled when guests arrive at our house and we watch the reaction on their faces as they see the property for the first time. It's always fulfilling and reassuring to know that guests are totally delighted with their selection. That is the start of a memorable vacation! Please visit our website (see link below).
- Primary: (415) 336-9518
Links to more information:
Front of Main House and porch.
Green bedroom - main house -queen bed. Shared full bath. Two closets.
Kitchen- fully equipped. Ice maker, dishwasher, gas stove, water purifier...
Dining room - seats eight. Built-in sound system, romantic lighting...
Living room bar/dining counter connected to kitchen. Entertain and cook easily!
Main House office with single sleeper sofa, printer, desk.
One of two entrances to the Garden Studio.
Private Garden Studio - king bed - kitchenette, full bath, deck.
Garden Studio french doors leading out to the Studio's own deck
View from spa and Garden Studio of the rear of the Main House.
Reading, coffee and (later in the day) cocktail deck.
Main House detail
Garden Studio with its own deck across from the spa.
Blue bedroom - main house - queen bed. Shared full bath and own half bath.
Kitchen- main house. You won't need to bring anything for preparing meals...
Living room with sofa bed, recliner, 42" TV and sliding door to 2 exterior decks
Master bath - main house - double sink, large walk-in shower, plenty of space.
Shaded dining deck, seats 6-8 with large gas BBQ.
Two french doors lead from the Garden Studio to its own deck adjacent to the spa
Garden Studio kitchenette with fridge, microwave, coffee maker, filtered water
Spa in front of the grove of 25 foot Black Bamboo plants for privacy.
Closer view of the rear of the Main House and the brick patio.
We're a green home.
This listing was first published here in 2007.
Date last modified - Friday, November 27, 2015
- Property typeBungalow
Get a rental quote, then book it!
- Response time Within 24 hours
- Response rate 100%
- Calendar last updated 11/22/2015
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.