Large Family Rental on Lake Champlain, New York! 'Life is Good'
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Champlain house description
Recently built Lake House available for weekly & daily rentals. You’ll love all the modern amenities and open space of new construction in this waterfront home. NEW for Summer 2014 we will have a large (12 x 14) outdoor covered cooking pavilion with both a grill for your burgers/steaks and dual burner outdoor stove for boiling lobsters/corn.
Invite the whole family to enjoy boating, swimming, fishing and just relaxing. You can enjoy sunrises over the Green Mountains of Vermont, breath taking views of Lake Champlain, sunsets over the Adirondacks, and evening campfires in the large family fire pit.
The Lake Champlain House or the 'Life is Good' house is located on the peninsula known as Point Au Fer, which is on New York's shore of Lake Champlain. It is an easy drive to Montreal, the Adirondacks/Lake Placid, and Burlington, Vermont.
The beautiful Lake Champlain House was newly constructed in 2008 with 100 feet of private shoreline and a private 70 foot dock. A large 20’ x 20’ deck with picnic tables, a covered cooking pavilian (gas grill and ourdoor burners), an key west style Boat Shack/deck and large lawn area for kids to play games. Plenty of Adirondack chairs, and a large family fire pit (with fire wood) for everyone to fit around and enjoy nightly campfires.
In the water your family can enjoy a swim float, a mooring for your boat, or any of the boats provided: 3 sit on top kayaks, 2 canoes, 1 paddle boat, and a aluminum row boat with oars.
Inside is a spacious kitchen/family room area with great views of the lake and mountains and a large fireplace. 4 bedrooms (can sleep up to 14 in real beds, see below) and a loft, 3 1/2 baths. All linens provided along with kitchen and bath towels. Central Air Conditioning so your family can sleep on those extremely hot, muggy summer nights.
The Champlain House will accommodate the following sixteen (16) guests:
· Master Bedroom 1- King Bed (sleeps 2)
· Master Bedroom 2- King Bed (sleeps 2)
· Guest Bedroom- King Bed(sleeps 2), with 2 Full Bunk Beds (sleeps 4)
· Fourth Bedroom- 2- Queen Bed (sleeps 4)
· Loft- Queen Futon (sleeps 2)
(*Note – stairs to fourth bedroom and loft are steeper than normal)
For much more info & pictures plese see our website linked below under 'LINKS TO MORE INFORMATION.'
Keywords: New Lake Champlain House (LCH)
- 2800 sq. ft.
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16, Beds for 16
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Parking Off Street
- Towels Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Wood Fireplace
- Air Conditioning
- Washing Machine
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Linens Provided
- A large water swim raft (with slide) that all kids will enjoy. A 70 foot private dock with ties for Big and small boats, along with a moooring and the following boats:2 sit on top kayaks, 2 paddle boats, 2 canoes, and a row boat. A horse shoe pit, croquet, and other games for kids. A large family fire pit fopr evening campfires....moreless
- Video Library
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- CD Player
- Broadband Access
- Computer Available
- Wireless Internet
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Wood Deck
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Lake View
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Rock Climbing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Hunting Big Game
- Mountain Climbing
- Ice Skating
- Hunting Small Game
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Cross Country Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Winery Tours
- Horseback Riding
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Autumn Foliage
- Recreation Center
- Duty Free Shops
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Medical Services
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
- The Lake Champlain House (LCH) is centrally located to Montreal, the Adirondacks/Lake Placid Region, and Burlington, Vermont. The Rouses Point/Vermont Bridge and close proximity to Interstate 87 make all three destinations a quick, easy car drive. The Lake Champlain House sits on the outskirts of the scenic lakeside Village of Rouses Point, in the northeastern corner of New York. The LCH is located on the peninsula known as Point Au Fer, which is on the New York shore of Lake Champlain. It is an easy hour drive to Montreal, 45 minutes drive to the Adirondacks/Lake Placid, and 40 minute drive to Burlington, Vermont. Lake Champlain (French: lac Champlain) is the sixth largest fresh water lake in the United States, located mainly within the borders of the United States (states of Vermont and New York) but partially situated across the US-Canada border in the Canadian province of Quebec. Other Activities: Boating Golf: Some Guests Comments: “Fantastic house - very tastefully designed and furnished. Thanks for making our visit so fulfilling.” / “Beautiful House! Great layout...you thought of everything!” / “Location & View - Spectacular! House is - clean-beautiful and inviting. Stars - amazing! Paddle boat & trampoline - sooo much fun! Boat Shack ROCKED - fires too!” / “Beautiful Home - Stars are spectacular at night - so quiet here. A wonderful place to just hang out.” / “Very nice house with many wonderful conveniences, appliances, and kitchen furnishings. Very spacious with excellent bedroom space. Washer and dryer used a lot.” / “We had a great time here - wonderful to vacation in such a roomy house with so much to do.” / “Thank you for allowing us to share your lovely home. The Boat House, 'Bar' is an ingenious and great feature!” / “We loved the fishing! 5 Pound small mouth bass was our record catch, but also caught pike, perch and yahoo!” /...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
All SEASON Rentals $1050 - $4200 per week dependent on # of guests. 25% deposit to hold reservation. Balance due 90 nights prior to check-in date. $700 security deposit (refundable, due with balance) Some Dogs Accepted. Payments Accepted with Visa, Mastercard, Paypal, and checks.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Platsburgh at 25 Miles
- Primary: +1 7817712240
Links to more information:
The lake side of the Lake Champlain House
View of of Lake Champlain
A view of a sunset from the shore.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2007.
Date last modified - Monday, March 03, 2014
4 Bedroom / 3.5 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.