4 Bedrooms/2 Bath- Lake Front House /Sandy Beach 75' Frontage
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Houghton Lake house description
Peaceful ranch style Lake front home situated on a quiet street. Lots of elbow room. Very new condition and very clean, NOT a ' cozy cottage'. Tastefully filled with the ' the lodge look' Lots of parking available detached garage. 400 sq. foot bonus room for cards or T.V. watching. INCLUDES TWO POKER TABLES/GAME TABLES,Fire pit by lake, public boat launch less than a mile away. 2 -Gas grills, Charcoal grill, New kitchen with all utensils, dishes, pots/pans, all new items including coffee pot, crock pot, blender, etc. Stove/refrigerator/microwave/dishwasher . Large deck off side and front of house shaded by lots of trees. Plenty of area to sunbath also!
Very private 75 foot of lakefront. 2 full bathrooms with tub shower.
4 separate bedrooms -- 5 beds (2 queen, 3 fulls, twin bunk beds, rollaway single). Sleeper sofa in living room.
Clear and tasty spring well water. Linens and blankets provided- but don't be shy if you want to bring your own; Full size washer/dryer. Fully operational home used year round.
All sports lake; (Ice) fishing and snowmobiling on lake. Largest inland lake in Michigan. GREAT VIEW of the lake with 75foot of frontage overlooking the east bay. True lake front!!! Open Year round.
Walk out about 400' on 2 1/2 ft deep of sandy bottom water. Very warm clean and clear water. Cement gently sloping sea wall, dock with stairs to water for swimming. Boat mooring hooks just off shore; Good Fishing from dock. Boat rentals nearby, Go-carts/video arcades/'fun center' with roller coaster/ferris wheel etc. rides, putt-putt golfing, movie theaters, and ice cream, nearby. Fun knick knack shops for several miles on m-55. Lots of Native American arts and crafts shops.
One and half hours to Mackinaw Bridge and shopping - visit historic Fort Michilimackinac! and Great shopping. Gaylord (golf meca) 1hour away, Silver lake sand dunes 1 1/2 hours away, Sleeping Bear sand dunes 1 1/2 hours away, Traverse City (blue angels fly show,cherry festival,wine tasting,shops,fun!) 1 1/2 hours away, Race car track- 20 to 30 races per night- very exciting!! 18 miles away (Merritt speedway), Boyne Mt. ski lodge 1 hour away, Mt Pleasant and Soaring Eagle casino, Central Michigan Football ' fire up chips' 1 hour away. Great power sleding in winter 30 mins away ( don't have to walk up hills- get pulled up)
Fall Hunting season.
Winter fun for tip-up-town, snowmobiling and sledding.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Limited Accessibility:
- Non Smoking Only:
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 10-12
- Queen size Beds (2) 2 queen, Double Beds (3) 3 double, Twin or Single Beds (1) twin bunk beds, Child Beds (1) Roll away in closet, Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) Not the best option for adults. OK for kids. Located in studio couch in living room, Bunk Beds (1) Heavy duty pine custom built twin bunk bed...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Linens Provided:
- Parking Off Street:
- Living Room seats 14:
- Peaceful and private street, with great lake views. Great fishing! SAND BEACH UPDATED 2013 -35 TONS BROUGHT IN TO THE ALREADY 50 TONS THERE! Known for one of the best walleye lakes in the state. The lake is 20 miles of shore line and 8 miles across, largest inland lake in Michigan. Many sandbars to beach your boat on and wade in very warm waters. A sandy bottom is in most areas of lake but our area is very sandy and shallow and down right hot water in mid season!! A 20 x 50 area of beach sand is sitting in front of seawall with a boardwalk adjacient to lake for sun sitting or playing in sand. Update: **** everyone loved the sand beach this year!!!!! ADDED:::: BONUS GAME ROOM ...moreless
- Video Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
75' of lakefront ON Houghton Lake (NOT the canal!) 50 foot dock and mooring hook for your boat. The home has 30 foot of lawn before the beach area boardwalk is at shore line to seat and sunbath. 4 large oak trees for shade as will as a nice area for sunbathing. A large area 75' x 30' of sandy beach lake front. email for more picture. (wonderful pictures taken by our guests 2010) ...moreless
- Car Not Necessary
- Water Tubing
- Hunting Small Game
- Hunting Big Game
- Basketball Court
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Cross Country Skiing
- Ice Skating
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
- Scenic Drives
- Horseback Riding
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
- Outlet Shopping
- Wildlife Viewing
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Gambling Casinos
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Miniature Golf
- 75 foot of private beach front with a 50 foot dock into water. Lots of large oak trees for shade but a great sandy beach area for sunbathing. New fire pit , and large cedar picnic table. A gently sloping sea wall is at waters edge. Prior to seawall, a large sandy beach for the kids to play in. Large family area near shoreline with a nice fire pit. POKER TABLES IN GAME ROOM FOR FAMILY FUN! Very nice, NEW , clean home - NOT a cozy cob web cottage. Great fishing at night for walleye! Owner has caught walleye as well as large mouth bass. Clean and clear water, very sandy and warm in summer months/warms up fast! Lots of room for large families or more than one family. The home is almost new and in outstanding condition. Bonus room for games or just a place to go if rain. Bonus room includes flat screen for movies, refrigerator , game table and official poker table, lots of windows and lots of fun! ONCE AGAIN - NOT A COZY COTTAGE. call or email for extra pictures. Great for winter sports too! Open all year!!...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This is a beautiful home, which was very clean and well maintained, I would recommend this home to everyone,but sort of want to keep all to myself. Everything was detailed,and the instructions were very easy to follow and posted everwhere,so you never had to second guess. The sunset is breathtaking. Can't wait to rent again.
- Guest wedad s. (detroit metro area)
- Date of stay 10/07/11
- Review Submitted 10/10/11
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|tip up town weekend
Jan 17 - Jan 19, 2014
2 night min stay
|First week of summer
May 30 - Jun 6, 2014
7 night min stay
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $500
- Tax Rate 6%
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Ski: skyline at 6 Miles
Year Purchased: 2005
Why the Owner Chose Houghton Lake:
We had decided to purchase a home on Houghton Lake because of it's size and clean, clear water. We also wanted the space of a large lot and wanted a very peaceful area. This home fit all of this!!!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Great walleye fishing in Michigan's largest inland lake! The water is warm,shallow and sandy bottom in front of home. Ice fishing and snowmobiling is terrific also. Home of 'tip up town' winter carnival. Great sandbar in water across lake from home. Not an outdated old cabin but a very nice home that is very ' lodge like'.
- Primary: (586) 206-8800 (Michigan, USA)
- Secondary: (586) 206-8800 (Michigan, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Beautiful sandy beach with wooden boardwalk. Dock and new mooring hook.
Game bonus room for lots of family fun.
Bedroom with view of Lake. new windows/ lodge wood trim. One of four bedrooms.
LARGE Living room/oak floors&tile dining area onto deck,fireplace/eat-in kitchen
Complete new kitchen/hardwood floors, new appliances,recessed lighting
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2007.
Date last modified - Saturday, November 23, 2013