The Silvertip Lodge... Your Home in the Canadian Rockies
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Canmore house description
Welcome to The Lodge at Silvertip, a spacious and elegant private residence that is set amongst towering pine and fir high up overlooking the town of Canmore, Alberta and minutes away from Banff. We are located an hours drive from Calgary and offer exquisite amenities in luxurious surroundings to provide an ideal retreat for the sophisticated traveler. Large enough for family reunions or corporate retreats, yet intimate in scale for smaller groups; we look forward to making your visit memorable.
* Comfortable and luxurious five+ bedroom, five bath home
* More than 4200 square feet on three levels
* Natural materials and finishes
* High ceilings, spacious rooms and natural light
* Custom built to exacting specifications by European-trained craftsmen
* Professionally decorated and furnished
* Quality linens and duvets
* Upper level: Private master bedroom with stunning views of the entire Bow Valley through large picture windows. Limestone ensuite master retreat: his and her vanities, oversized jetted soaking tub, steam shower, walk-in closet/dressing area, heated floors throughout. From the master bedroom enter the library, with its comfortable leather sofa and chairs, gas fireplace, 42 inch plasma TV and, of course, books. A balcony off the library is ideal for sunning, or watching the sunset. Computer alcove. Second bedroom has ensuite bathroom with slate shower, and walk-in closet. Third and fourth bedrooms share a bathroom with tub/shower in hand-made tile.
* Ground level: Well-designed gourmet kitchen with eat-in breakfast area, lovely dining room, living room with oriental rugs and wood burning fireplace, piano room, powder room with a full shower. Walk out to the patio, with BBQ and seating for 10.
* Lower level has fifth bedroom with two twin beds, full tiled bathroom with tub/shower and granite vanity. Game room with queen-size sofabed, large screen TV and Sony PS3 playstation and kids activity center. Radiant in-floor heat.
* Full size washing machine, dryer and iron
* Heated two car garage with opener; ski storage
* We are a SMOKE FREE and LOW ALLERGY environment
We are located on a quiet street overlooking the SILVERTIP golf course. We are on the sunny side of the Valley. It is a 3 minute drive or a 15 minute walk to the center of the town of Canmore; a 10 minute drive to Banff. We are minutes away from numerous other world-class mountain golf courses, each with its own personality, scenery and level of play. We are nearby world-class ski resorts, including Mt. Norquay, Sunshine Village and Lake Louise.
Keywords: Vacation home, chalet
- Vacation Rental
Kids games and activity center in basement includes comics, books, puzzles, blocks, train set as well as foosball and billiards. Sony playstation PS3 console. House is NOT baby proof, so keep that in mind as some breakable items should be moved out of reach and younger children will need supervision, much as at your home or if you were visiting somebody....moreless
Non Smoking Only:
WE ARE SMOKE-FREE. There is no smoking allowed inside the property nor outside as we are located in a heavily wooded natural area with frequent wildfire risk. If you or your guests cannot do without smoking for a week, then this is not the right place for you. besides, think of the health benefits!...moreless
Pets Not Allowed:
No pets please, even if they are fuzzy and cute, due to allergy concerns. No service animals. Even if your dog is a genius, doesn't shed, has no hair and is better behaved than your kids, this is NOT the right place for you....moreless
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- Queen size Beds (4) All four upstairs bedrooms have queen beds with three inch memory foam mattress toppers, Twin or Single Beds (2) Guest suite in the basement has two single beds, Baby Cribs (1) Some baby supplies and crib; please inquire, Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) Sofa bed in private, fully furnished basement room ...moreless
Bathrooms: 5 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
Granite countertops, island sink & cleanup sink, 6-burner Viking range with griddle, Subzero all-fridge, pantry upright freezer, Asko quiet dishwasher, microwave, island sink and separate cleanup sink, Saeco deluxe super-automatic expresso machine, drip carafe coffee maker, blender, Waring Pro waffle maker, panini grill and automatic rice cooker....moreless
Catering, maid service and local concierge service are available at additional cost by prior arrangement. Arriving late? You may pre-order your favorite foods and beverages to be stocked in the fridge for your midnight snack and morning breakfast....moreless
We have pots, we have pans, we have lots of cutlery, plenty of glassware, stemware, a turbocharged screwpull corkscrew, most spices and condiments you might need, including a collection of hot sauces and mustards, a wok and various knick-knacks...moreless
Heated 2-car garage with remote door opener and room for 2 additional vehicles on private driveway. Parking on street is not allowed due to limited access roadway. No trailer, bus or RV parking....moreless
- Wood Fireplace:
- Linens Provided:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Game Console:
- Video Library:
- DVD Player
- Pool Table
- CD Player
(3) Macintosh OS-X desktop computer and HP inkjet printer as well as Windows 7 desktop and wireless Canon printer/scanner. HP Tablet computer for surfing the web or checking email via WiFi....moreless
Pool & Spa
Deck / Patio:
On-grade deck off kitchen shaded by fir trees overlooking the golf course and the Town of Canmore with unobstructed, panoramic 180 degree views. Two round patio tables and outside seating for 10+ as well as Adirondack chairs...moreless
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
Golf Course Front:
Directly backing onto SilverTip golf course, however, we are on a ridge probably 150 feet above the course, so no errant golf balls yet and we are near wildlife corridor/nature preserve to ensure your peace and quiet....moreless
- Mountain View:
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fitness Center
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- We would like to have you as our guests BUT please be aware of the following conditions and stipulations: *We are not set up to offer short term one or two night rentals; *We are low allergy so NO PETS, service animals or critters of any kind; *We are SMOKE-FREE inside and out; *We are not barrier free and there is no elevator. In retrospect, we should have done that but we did not....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Rates depend on season and number of people staying. Minimum stay required. Security/damage deposit or credit card pre-authorization required before arrival. Base rate of $5000/week is discounted for longer stays and is higher during major holidays (such as New Year, Spring Break, Thanksgiving and Christmas week). A deposit of 50% guarantees your reservation. No SMOKING & No PETS please. Please review our rental contract upon booking for all policies & conditions. Regular rentals begin & end on Weekends (excepting major holidays). *PLEASE NOTE that we are not using the booking calender - contact us for avail*
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Good morning; great view of Three Sisters draped in fog taken from The Lodge
Large kitchen; perfect for cooking, baking or just sitting down for a snack
Great Room with woodburning fireplace, oriental carpets and comfy sofas
Great room with wood burning fireplace, comfortable seating and expansive view
Master suite with sitting area and private view overlooking Town & Bow Valley
Typical secondary bedroom with queen size sleigh bed, oriental carpet & balcony
Basement guest suite bathroom with tub/shower and natural granite vanity
Did we mention your panoramic views? Photo taken on-property. Golf course below.
Fully equipped cooks kitchen with Viking range & SubZero fridge & two sinks
Dining room with buffet hutch and seating for 6-8+ (extra trestle table nearby)
Great room with wood-burning fireplace & lots of seating. Private patio outside
View from great rm to dining room. Note photo with wide angle lens to fit all in
Library and TV area with DVD, 42" plasma TV, comfy sofas & gas-burning fireplace
Basement guest suite with 2 twin beds, writing desk & adjacent private bathroom
Bsmt game room with sleeper sofa, 40" Sony TV, PS3 gaming/ BluRay video console
Sometimes the wildlife can get up close and personal! Photo from the great room!
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2007.
Date last modified - Monday, July 15, 2013
5 Bedroom / 5 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.