Just Steps Away from the Warm Sand at Playa Las Tortugas!
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Playa Las Tortugas (Turtle Beach) house description
Casa Las Olas (“House of the Waves”), the newest beachfront villa at Playa Las Tortugas, was completed in March 2007 and sits just steps away from the warm sand and water of the blue Pacific Ocean. Casa las Olas is one of 9 beautiful Villas available for rent at Playa las Tortugas.
“I’ve been in search of the perfect beach since I first saw the ocean decades ago. Now I’ve found it.” The Washington Post
With its comfortable tropical climate and great view of the coconut palm-lined beach, surfing, boogie-boarding, kayaking, and other beach activities, it's the perfect place for your vacation getaway. The colorful sunsets are truly indescribable, and best enjoyed by taking the short winding path from our front terrace a few steps out to the lovely authentic, thatched roof, beachfront “palapa.”
Our palapa is also great for dining or simply for sipping your favorite beverage at ocean’s edge, watching your sand castle builders and boogie-boarders at play, or possibly have a soothing massage by a talented massage therapist. Casa Las Olas sleeps six persons, in three luxurious air conditioned bedrooms with comfortable king sized beds and ample closet space. Each bedroom suite includes a private bath and walk in shower, with custom stone sinks, hand-made talavera tile, high-quality fixtures and hand-crafted shell mirrors.
For those who love to cook, our gourmet kitchen has everything the discerning chef requires in order to turn the wonderful foods of Mexico into meals to remember. For those who prefer, our wonderful cooks will prepare you authentic traditional meals. When you wake up in the morning to the sound of the waves, there’s a treat in store for you right out the terrace doors of our master bedroom.
'I have the privilege of experiencing a working sea-turtle camp firsthand because I am staying at Playa Las Tortugas, a charming, ecologically minded property on an otherwise uninhabited stretch of pristine beach. Next to a tidal estuary lined with mangroves—where I spend a glorious afternoon in a canoe, spotting roseate spoonbills and great blue herons,among other bird species—this property demonstrates the value of conscientious development.” Alaska Airlines Magazine
Our entire state of Nayarit area enjoys one of the most favorable climates in the world. Average daily year-round temperatures range from highs of 80-85 degrees (perfect beach weather) to lows of 60-70 degrees (perfect sleeping weather). Swim year round, but consider packing a light sweater for the evenings in the winter months. Rain, when it falls, generally occurs between June and September as night-time or pre-dawn thundershowers.
You can visit small typical Mexican villages, enjoy fresh fish and other local seafood at small rustic beachfront restaurants, tour a tropical river and waterfalls, see historic San Blas, and drive up through the foothills of the Sierra Madre mountains to colonial Tepic where crafts of the Huichol Indians are found.
Playa Las Tortugas has kilometers of uncrowded, clean sand beach, and a number of activities both on property and nearby such as Surfing, Wave Kayaking, Boogie Boarding, Fishing, and Shelling, Canoeing, Whale Watching, Bird Watching, Walking or Running on Miles of Sand Beach, and Sea Turtle Conservation activities (during season) at the Sea Turtle Conservation Camp. Frequently there is one festival or another in small towns within an hour of our location. There are a number of excursions you might take, with or without a guide.
Playa Las Tortugas is located on a section of coastline which is nesting habitat of several species of sea turtle in the beautiful state of Nayarit, Mexico 70 miles north of the Puerto Vallarta (PVR) International Airport and about 50 miles west of Tepic, the colonial capital of Nayarit.
We are happy to arrange transportation for you in our private shuttle, you may rent a car and drive your self which a large number of our guests do, or if you'd like to be more adventurous you may decide to come by bus and local taxi. We can send you details on the numerous car rental companies, or instructions on which buses and local taxis to take. It's quite easy to find your way from the Puerto Vallarta International Airport to Playa Las Tortugas, and the roads are normally well-maintained. Your valid driver's license is accepted in Mexico, and the driving rules are virtually the same as most countries. Write us for a copy of detailed driving instructions and a map. Your scenic drive north from the airport takes less than 2 hours and goes through areas of old-growth jungle and coastal hills.
Our beachfront tropical home is just the spot for your vacation in sunny Mexico!
Keywords: Beachfront villa, no expense spared in quality and amenities!
- 3200 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Dinner - Booking Possible
- Breakfast - Booking Possible
- Catering Available
- Private Chef
- Housekeeper Included
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Air Conditioning:
- Linens Provided:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Washing Machine:
- Parking Off Street:
- Towels Provided
- Living Room seats 8
- Hair Dryer
- Activities Guide, Local Activities, Local Maps, Bottled Water, Canoes and kayaks available for nominal fee, Ceiling Fans, Cook available, Daily maid service, Dining Room Seating for 6, Blender, Coffee Grinder, Coffee Maker, Paper Towels, Spices, Toaster, Gardens: Private and large common area gardens with hundreds of tropical plants, Housekeeper Included, Internet high speed wireless available for nominal fee, Lounge Seating for 6, Massage available, Outdoor shower, Patio, Private Palm-Roofed Palapa, Large Tiled and Partially Covered Sunning Terrace, Pool: Large pool with palapa for the homes at Playa Las Tortugas, Private cook available, Restaurant dining guide, Soap and Toilet Paper provided, Beach Towels provided. Walkway to Water, No Pets Allowed, Smoking Not Allowed: No smoking inside please!; Children under 6 not permitted at Las Olas...moreless
- Video Library:
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Lawn / Garden:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Deck / Patio:
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Car Not Necessary
- Massage Therapist
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Surf Fishing
- Whale Watching
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Eco Tourism
- 'Casa Las Olas' and Playa Las Tortugas feature an uncrowded, clean beach, swimming pool, and a number of activities both on property and nearby such as Boogie Boarding, Canoeing, Whale Watching, Bird Watching, Walking and Running on over 5 miles of sand beach, Deep Sea Fishing, Sea Turtle Conservation activities, Children's Pool, Excursions to waterfall and other sights, Wave-surfing in the kayaks or on boogie boards, Canoeing in the calm waters of the estuary, Surfing or Surf-fishing in front of the property, Enjoying a boat ride for Coastal Sightseeing, Ocean Fishing trips, Horseback Riding down several miles of the beach, Bird watching in our 1100 acres of tidal mangrove estuary; The El Cora Waterfall is found just outside the small mountain village of El Cora where you'll discover several beautiful waterfalls...the highest is over 100 feet and has a wonderful pool at the bottom of it, The closest golf courses are at Tepic (about 1 hour 15 minutes)...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Regular Season (Oct-May).. $2200/week or $325/night (3 nt min) for 3 to 6 guests Regular Season Couples (Oct-May)..$1800/week or $250/night (3 nt min) max 2 guests Christmas & New Years .. $3200/week. (Dec. 21, 2013 - Jan. 4, 2014) minimum 1 week rental that does not include both Christmas Day and New Year's Day Summer Season (June-Sep)..$1800/week or $250/night (3 nt min) for 3 to 6 guests Special rate for two people occupying one bedroom may be available, please inquire $500 Security Deposit Required
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Puerto Vallarta, MX at 70 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: 200 at 4 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Flamingo, Nuevo Vallarta at 55 Miles
Year Purchased: 2006
About: Dave and Cheri are from Kimberly, Idaho. They fell in love with the area on surfing trips back in the 70's You will still find them every morning out on the break at Playa Las Tortugas
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The weather and water are perfect and we have a very attentive staff that will assist with anything you might need.
- Primary: Toll Free (866) 443-0056
- Secondary: Mexico 001 530 412-3004 No habla Espanol.
Casa Las Olas at Playa Las Tortugas
Spacious Living area blends together in the perfect beach house
The master suite opens to a terrace with an ocean view
The third guest suite is warmly decorated with a comfortable king size bed
The spacious terrace is great for dining and just relaxing with a book
A taste of Mexico to finish the day
Las Olas opens up to the beach and the beautiful Pacific ocean
A finely appointed kitchen makes meal time a pleasure and a breeze
The second guest suite has a sunny garden view and luxurious bath
Relax after a day at the beach in our comfortable living room that includes a fu
Enjoy the ocean breezes and beautiful sunsets from your private palapa
Another beautiful sunset at Playa Las Tortugas
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2007.
Date last modified - Tuesday, March 12, 2013
3 Bedroom / 3.5 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.