The Holiday Chalet B & B a Victorian Brownstone Built in 1896!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Denver bed and breakfast description
Nestled in Denver's Historic Wyman District 'The Holiday Chalet' takes you on a journey into Colorado's colorful past.
The hotel is a fully restored Victorian brownstone which was originally built in 1896 for a prominent jeweler. Elegant period decor, high ceilings, hardwood floors, intricate moldings, private baths and kitchens, and a full breakfast, help make your stay at the Holiday Chalet a memorable experience.
While the Victorian ambiance provides warmth, charm and comfort, our business and leisure travelers will find excellent shopping, touring, and abundant day and night life within minutes of their hotel room. We are 3 Diamond, AAA-rated because of attention to our guests' comfort, privacy and security. A central location makes our bed and breakfast a haven for business and leisure travelers, or a comfortable residence for extended stays.
In the morning, enjoy a Full Breakfast from 7:30 to 10:00 AM, with your choice from a variety of delicious offerings, such as French Crepes, cowboy pancakes, crustless quiche, French toast, Lox plate, fresh fruits, juice, tea, and great coffee.
After breakfast, hop on a Gray Line bus (in front of the hotel) to enjoy the sights of Denver. As an added bonus, each guest is provided with Crystal's travel guide of helpful listings … everything from Auto Service locations to directions to the Denver Zoo.
For our business travelers, we now provide high-speed wireless access from any room on the hotel.
Keywords: Bed and Breakfast, hotel, motel, lodging, tea room, victorian, mansion, boutique, gift shop, denver, co, dpwntown, concerts
- Bed And Breakfast
We love our pets and offer treats & baby-setting (which includes a 1.5 mile walk) for $20.00 per day! The court yard is 100% enclosed your your pet can run around and be free while you relax and read o book or BBQ!...moreless
- Non Smoking Only:
Bedrooms: 12 Bedrooms, Sleeps 26, Beds for 2-26
- King size beds (1) Room 23 King Suite ($145.00): This suite has a King Slay bed and a spacious parlor with two antique sofa chairs and an antique roll-top desk. It’s perfect for reading or having a glass of wine or cup of tea while you watch the city out the bay windows! It has a private kitchen complete with, refrigerator/freezer, gas burning stove, oven, dishware, cookware and coffee maker. It also has a private bath, equipped with a hair dryer, shampoo, glycerin soaps. Flat-screen-TV / built in DVD, A/C and free internet access., Queen size Beds (1) Room 24 Queen Suite ($120.00): This suite has a Queen sized bed covered by a white comforter with flower detailing and matching curtains. It also, has a sunroom which overlooks the gardens. It has a private kitchen complete with, refrigerator/freezer, gas burning stove, oven, dishware, cookware and coffee maker. The private bath is equipped with a hair dryer, shampoo & glycerin soaps. There is a small office which used to house a Murphy bed. Flat-screen-TV / built in DVD, A/C and free internet access., Double Beds (1) Room 21 Deluxe Suite ($145.00): This very large suite is equipped with two Queen beds. It has a small room just off the bedroom if you’d like to sit and read a book! It has a private kitchen complete with refrigerator/freezer, vintage 1920’s Frigidaire burners and wall oven, dishware, cookware and coffee maker. It also has a private bath equipped with a hair dryer, shampoo, glycerin soaps. There is a small office which used to house a Murphy bed. Flat –screen- TV / built in DVD, A/C and free internet access and hardwood flooring., Twin or Single Beds (1) Room 33 Basic ($50.00): This room has a Full sized bed, a closet, A/C and free internet access. It’s a beautiful champagne color room with wonderful lighting and Romanic Victorian decor. The bath you will be using is however, separate and located on the 1st floor., Child Beds (1) We have Pac-n-Play's available upon request!, Baby Cribs (1) We have Pac-n-Play's available upon request!, Sleep Sofa or Futons (1), Murphy Beds (1) Room 3 Deluxe Suite ($145.00) The Red & Gold Room is my absolute favorite! This room has one queen size bed and 2 standard beds (one with its one private room off the main room); a dining room which is surrounded by bay windows and a private bath with a walk in shower and all the necessary accoutrements (hair dryer; glycerin soaps; shampoo; lotion) ! The vaulted ceilings with vintage chandeliers and working fireplace make this room a gem! Flat screen TV/ built in DVD, A/C and free wireless internet access....moreless
Bathrooms: 11 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Parking Off Street:
- Linens Provided:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Clothes Dryer:
- The Holiday Chalet also has a fabulous Tea Room and Boutique! We are also pet friendly and will baby-set your pet (which includes a 1.5 mile walk) for $20.00 per day! Our rooms have private kitchens with a table and two chairs; complete with, refrigerator, gas burning stove, oven, dishware, cookware and coffee maker. It also has a private bath equipped with a hair dryer, shampoo, glycerin soaps. Flat-screen-TV/DVD & VHS, A/C and free internet....moreless
- Video Library:
- DVD Player
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill
- Mountain Biking
- Fitness Center
- Cross Country Skiing
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
- Theme Parks
ReviewsWrite a review
What I look for in a B&B
What I look for in a B&B
This is a great place to stay. My visit to Denver was very brief; I only stayed here for one night. However, the room/bed were very comfortable. The accommodations in total were very clean and had a lot of character. Additionally, Crystal (the owner) was a very charming host -- and the food was excellent! Great to talk to and has good recommendations for places to go in Denver. Clementine, her adorable black lab, was a delight. There are quite a few interesting shops, cafés, bars, restaurants, etc. within walking distance. Although my stay was brief, I definitely would like to come back at some point (hopefully during a time when the weather is warmer!) and, hands down, would stay here again. I recommend staying here if you plan on visiting the Denver area.
- Guest Karthik B.
- Date of stay 12/27/12
- Review Submitted 01/05/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, romantic getaway.
Wonderful Christmas Holiday at the Holiday Chalet Victorian Bed & Breakfast
Wonderful Christmas Holiday at the Holiday Chalet Victorian Bed & Breakfast
It was our distinct pleasure to stay at the Holiday Chalet Bed & Breakfast over the Christmas holiday in 2012. Crystal was a fantastic host, and Mary, Lee and Megan all provided fantastic service during our stay. Mary in particular is a literal walking Denver history guide, with in-depth knowledge of just about every historical building in the town. Every night when we came home from exploring Denver, there were fresh-baked goods waiting for us on the dining table. The snicker-doodle cookies and various breads were scrumptious! We stayed in room 23, which had a wonderful alcove balcony looking out over High Street. The B7B is just a short walk from excellent dining and entertainment centers on 17th Avenue, including a wonderful Nouveau South American restaurant called Limon that is just four blocks away. It is also near a great used bookstore called the Tattered Cover. We were also within walking distance of the Denver Botanical Gardens, which has a wonderful holiday light show through the holidays. Our room was spacious, and the house staff responded immediately to any request that we made. The Victorian home atmosphere is wonderful, and people were coming and going for high teas throughout our visit. The breakfast menu was also fantastic, and when we had guests join us for breakfast Crystal quickly cooked them something up as well. Since our son lives in this area of Denver, we plan on making the Holiday Chalet Victorian Bed & Breakfast our central headquarters for every visit. Oh, and Clementine is just a wonderful dog. We would highly recommend the Holiday Chalet Victorian Bed & Breakfast for anybody coming to Denver.
- Guest Tim & Janet (Cary, Illinois)
- Date of stay 12/20/12
- Review Submitted 12/31/12
Recommended for: Age 55+, sightseeing, romantic getaway, pet owners, tourists without a car, girls getaway.
I was impressed with the welcome from the staff, including the awsome black lab Clemintine. Room 32 was very large, and not cluttered, with all the proper amenities. There was a good selection of movies to watch. The hotel was very era of the twenties and very comfortable, with plenty of fresh fruit and fresh baked cookies in the dining room. Breakfast was ready at 7:30 and was made to order with lots of fun conversation. I will recommend my stay to all my friends and business clientel. Thanks for a welcome change from the standard chains.
- Guest Mike (Lakewood Colorado)
- Date of stay 12/20/12
- Review Submitted 12/27/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, age 55+, romantic getaway, pet owners, tourists without a car, families with young children, adventure seekers, girls getaway.
Upon our arrival we were greeted by our gracious hosts Ellie and Megan. We found the breakfasts to be delightful. If you notice, the property is represented in this listing by an artist's rendition.There is a reason for this. If a picture was used, NO ONE WOULD STAY HERE ! In a seedy part of town, this unfortunate offering is a fire trap with no parking but plenty of "Wet Dog" odor throughout. Dangling smoke alarm wires, receptacles that come out of the wall when they are used and general run-down condition render this outdated structure a potential nightmare. That is how we remember it. On our recent 34 day/8,000 mile vacation we stayed in 8 VRBO properties. This was by far the worst of the lot and our only disappointment. If all vacation propertieswere like this, I'd never leave home. Dave & Jenn South Carolina
- Guest Dave & Jenn (South Carolina)
- Date of stay 09/22/12
- Review Submitted 10/18/12
Owner response: Dear Dave & Jenn, I cannot begin to express my apologies for your less than satisfactory stay with us. We take pride in ensuring that our guests have an amazing stay at the Holiday Chalet and I am truly saddened that your experience was not this way. I do want to address a few of your concerns. The Holiday Chalet is located in an old part of Denver, with historic roots and the city continues with its redevelopment efforts. We are centrally located to many area attractions, delicious restaurants and the music scene is one of a kind! Furthermore, we work with the City, daily, to keep our historic neighborhood safe for our guests. Regarding parking, the VRBO site states exactly where all of our guests can park, “metered parking directly in front of hotel; parking lot shared with next door businesses & residential parking”. Our 116 year old Victorian Mansion is loved and cared for by our staff of housekeepers and maintenance professionals. We strive to provide a clean, safe, relaxing environment for our guests. It is unacceptable that a fire alarm in any of the rooms should not be properly installed. We do take ownership of failing to do so upon your stay and I can ensure you that the fire alarm has been replaced and all are in working order. Nine years ago, when I purchased the B&B from the original family, I promised to keep the Victorian spirit alive! I have given the hotel a refreshing facelift to restore the B&B’s vibrant character. Just last year, we repainted the outside of the B&B and just to show how proud I am of this establishment, I have taken your words to heart and have updated our VRBO hotel photo… it’s much more enticing than the rendition. If your travels ever bring you back to Denver we would certainly love to be given a second chance to make your stay with us one of a kind. Sincere Regards, Crystal Sharp ~ Owner
Love this placeGuest comment entered by owner
Love this place
You get greeted at the door by an amazing Clementine (house black lab) I missed mine at home so this was a big perk! The Victorian Mansion is beautiful! The staff was great! If you want to be in the center of things this is the place!
- Guest Happy Travels!
- Date of stay 09/13/12
- Review Submitted 09/20/12
Standard Rooms ............... $94/night Queen Suites ................. $120/night King Suites .................. $145/night Deluxe Suite (2-queen beds) .. $145/night Family Suite (3-beds) ........ $160/night
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Primary: (303) 437-8245 (Colorado, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Room #31 This is one of our King Suites! This room is located on the 3rd floor!
Room #24 one of our Queen suites. A sunroom; private bath & full kitchen in room
Room #22 King Suite w/ parlor; privae bath & kitchen. Fireplace is non-working!
Room#22. Private bath w/ shower & bath tub and all the necessary accoutrements.
Private bath w/ shower & Bath tub & all the necessary accoutrements (hair dryer)
The Denver Tea Room Located in the Holiday Chalet B&B
Room #32 one of our Queen suites. This room is located on the third floor!
Room #21 our Deluxe Suite; has library; private bath & privae kitchen.
The Staff @ Holiday Chalet B&B! How can we make your stay fabulous? Let us know!
One of many leaded stain glass windows
#3 Deluxe Suite w/ 1 queen bed & two twin (one has private room); private bath!
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2007.
Date last modified - Friday, May 24, 2013