Beautiful, Quiet, Exclusive and Furnished. 4000 Sq' Home
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Guanajuato City house description
This house was built by a wealthy lawyer 10 years ago using the best quality materials. When I first saw the house I was in awe. We bought it as our retirement home. When my husband and I go to Guanajuato on vacation, we hire this wonderful woman who cooks for us and does the house cleaning, as she will do it for you also. This beautiful home has lovely views and it is located in the most exclusive and safest family area in the City of Guanajuato. Within walking distance you will find the shopping mall, post office, pharmacy, ATM/Bank, Mega grocery store, restaurants and much more. This cul-de-sac area “Pozuelos” has security guards at the entrance 24 hours a day.
You can be downtown in less than 10 minutes taking a taxi or driving yourself. In the downtown area you’ll find churches, markets, restaurants and shops scattered throughout the callejones and plazuelas You’ll enjoy the many narrow streets and go through many tunnels scattered all over town. You will love this town.
A Short History of Guanajuato, Mexico: Nestled in the mountain of the Sierra de Guanajuato is the picturesque city of Guanajuato. Its name originates from the word Quanaz-juato which, in the indigenous dialect of the region, meant 'Place of the Frogs' - because indigenous tribes thought the place was fit only for frogs!
Little could they have known that the Spanish would later find rich veins of silver and extract from them vast fortunes to build a magnificent city and such beautiful churches such as La Valenciana, built between 1765 and 1786. Today, the mines are still among the richest in the world.
Guanajuato is a city of incredible charm, as is almost immediately obvious as entering by the way of the subterranean main street. The street follows the original course of the Guanajuato river running beneath the city for almost three kilometers. Guanajuato is a lost nugget in the middle of Mexico and where you find the Mexican people, living a very humble, easy going and neighborly life style, and where time means nothing.
Guanajuato- Some Sites and Doings: To navigate the city, you have to go on foot, or take a taxi which are everywhere. There are hundreds of callejones (alleyways), the most famous of which is Callejon del Beso (Alley of the Kiss).
The local romantic legend says this callejon is so narrow that lovers each standing on a balcony on either side of the alley, can reach across the alley and exchange a kiss.
The alleyways are a part of the route of the popular tradition of the Callejoneadas, when student choral groups stroll the alleyways of Guanajuato at night, strumming their guitars and serenading the local populous.
Guanajuato is hosted to the International Cervantino Festival, named after Miguel de Cervantes, author of 'Don Quijote'. Artist from around the world perform and recitals concerts, plays, ballet, modern dance, opera, and art exhibits.
Every inch in the Theater Juarez in the main plaza is carved, painted, sculpted or embossed in beautiful, truly awe-inspiring display of art of the period, built in 1903.
Guanajuato and It's Surroundings: Guanajuato is located in the middle of Mexico, approximately 5 hours by car from the Pacific Ocean or the Golf of Mexico, two hours from Guadalajara and 4 hours from Mexico City. The toll roads which are fast, are almost like the freeways in the USA. The old roads are rough, curvy, pot holed and slow due to trucks. However, this is the best way to see the very small towns of the surrounding area. Guanajuato is within an hours drive from Zacatecas, Leon, Irapuato, Celaya, Salamanca, San Miguel de Allende, Dolores Hidalgo. These towns, as well as Guanajuato, are historical to Mexican history and each has an ambiance all its own.
The International airport is located in Leon, 20 minutes drive time.
The altitude of Guanajuato es 6,583 feet. Guanajuato is also knows for its restaurant, which are very plentiful throughout the town and all at very reasonable prices.
Guanajuato is the home of the Universidad de Guanajuato. One of the main Universities in Mexico.
- 4000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Housekeeper Optional
- Non Smoking Only
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Unsuitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- The master bedroom has a king size bed with local wooden furniture, one dresser with mirror, one dresser drawers, two night tables and an entertainment center (with out the entertainment). Next to the master bedroom is a huge walk-in closet leading to the master bathroom. Spectacular views are apparent when the drapes are drawn back. Very quiet for long naps after shopping in the downtown area. The other upstairs bedroom has a double bed and wood furnishings that opens out on to a balcony with a small children's pool. This bedroom is next to a full bath. The fourth bedroom has a double bed with nothing else, except a very, very big room. Used as an office in the past The downstairs bedroom has a double bed and wood finishings and next to the half bath. The water has excellent pressure for Mexico, but you can't drink the water! Bottle water is available....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- The two and a half bathrooms in this house, not including in the maid's quarters are made with high quality decorative tile full of detail. The master bathroom is a full bath with brown and gold decorative tile. It has a very large square tub and a shower. This bath is located on the second floor. The other second floor bathroom is also a full bath with a white and gold tile. Much smaller than the master bathroom. The first floor half bath is decorated in green and gold tile. This bath is next to the first floor bedroom....moreless
- The first floor is where the spacious kitchen is located. The kitchen has four entrances/exits and is basically the center of the house. One door leads to an outside patio where your meals can be eaten. The other door takes you to the laundry room, and the maid's quarters. This is also where the clothes dryer is located. Actually it is a clothes line (sun and fresh air). Another entrance leads to the dining room and the last entrance leads to the front door, downstairs bathroom and bedroom. The dining room is where the formal dining takes place and has a wooden table and chairs, wine rack, wooden chest and china cabinet. The living room seats 6 people comfortably. All the rooms in the house have drapes on all the windows for privacy....moreless
- DVD Player
- Away From It All
- Live Theater
- Autumn Foliage
- Not Necessary
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
local services and businesses
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
sports and adventure activities
- Dining Room
forms of payment
- Accept Credit Card
- ISDN Access
- Basic Soaps
- Iron & Board
- Clothes Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- Towels Provided
- Paper Towels
- Ceiling Fans
- Alarm Clock
- Washing Machine
- Parking On Street
- Bottled Water
- Toilet Paper
- Linens Provided
- Housekeeper Optional
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Lawn / Garden
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
RATES: Rates are Year Around to keep it simple. The rates are based on the off season. 1-3 Weeks = $1,200 per Week 1-12 Months = $1,750 per Month 1-2 Years = $20,000 per Year. A cleaning fee of $150.00 will be charged to your credit card. A $2000 Security Deposit is required on all rentals.A security deposit of $2000 is required two weeks before you take possession, on all rentals. The deposit will be returned after inspection, within 60 days. If there is any damage or missing items the cost related to same will be deducted from the security deposit. A payment of $1,000.00 is required to hold the property for the dates you want. This is a non-refundable deposit if you decide to cancel. If you follow through with the rental, this deposit will be part of the rent.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Primary: +1 707 579-5000 8AM-8PM Pacific Time
- Fax: +1 707 579-5007
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Entrance View of Home
Western View From Balcony
Large View of Home
Living Room and Dining Room
Inside Entrance View
Bedroom with Bath
Master Bedroom Leading to Closet and Master Bath