Grand Riverfront Lodge W/ Views on Famous Healdsburg Wine Road
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Guerneville house description
As of August 2012: This property is no longer being offered for vacation rental. Thanks for your past support. Email owner for alternate options.
Westside Lodge is a spacious 2-story riverfront lodge style home which sits high above the Russian River on Westside Road, a well-known scenic wine trail. Play in the river, attend a local event, spend the day wine tasting, or just relax 'at home' with friends. Check our own website's events calendar to find out what's happening nearby during your stay.
If you are looking for a true Russian River Valley Wine Country experience, Westside Lodge is the ideal place to call home while you're here in Sonoma County.
Ideal summer vacation home for families and friends; July and August rent weekly with your 7th night free! Enjoy private river access via our own trail and unlimited FREE use of our 2 kayaks, vests, and oars. Let the young at heart swim, kayak, tube and frolic in the calm Russian River, spend your days relaxing on our riverview porches, or exploring beautiful Sonoma County at your own pace.
* Free long distance, WIFI, and expanded cable + DVD + DVR
* Pet friendly: bring up to 2 dogs per stay
* Restored 1936 cabin-style home with original details including wood paneling, trestle-beam ceiling, rock fireplace
* Riverfront location on famous wine road leading to Healdsburg
* Comfortable lodge style decor/furnishings throughout the home
* 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths on 2 levels, surrounded by trees
* Wraparound forest views from every room
* Fully stocked kitchen with gas grill outside kitchen door
* 2 covered riverview porches spanning entire width of building
* Cotton/down linens and heated mattress pads in all bedrooms
* Easy access year-round via paved roads
This 1936 cabin offers a true lodge experience with its architecture and furnishings, yet is fully equipped with the amenities and comforts you expect from a newer property including upgraded grounded (computer safe) electrical, WIFI, free long distance, and HDTV with DVR. Whether you are looking for a romantic getaway for 2, or a spot large enough for a reunion of 6-8 family or friends, you'll enjoy comfort, space, and natural surroundings that will make your stay one to remember, and lots of room to spread out.
Throughout the house, find original long-plank Douglass fir floors, wood-paneled walls, and large casement windows with views of redwood trees, toyon, fir, madrone, flowering quince, ferns, and California Bay trees. Year round, the sights, sounds and scents of the forest and river terrain surround you in every room. You may wake up to find yourself in some of the Russian River Valley's famous morning fog, burning off by mid-morning to a beautiful sunny day.
The heart of the house is the very spacious great room with floor-to-ceiling rock fireplace and trestle-beam ceiling. Windows wrap around this room, offering forest views from all sides. Enjoy 3 distinct seating areas for reading, socializing, or just taking time out to watch a movie or football game on the 50' HDTV with DVD, DVR and cable with on-demand programming. The room also has a bookshelf stereo system with input adapter for your ipod. Our large house library includes current food and wine magazines and many classic books. This room opens to a large covered porch which spans the entire width of the house, with outdoor dining and relaxing seating areas for enjoying the river views, rain or shine. There is a sofabed in the great room, and a half-bath on this main level.
All three very spacious bedrooms are located on lower level and have 100% cotton linens, down comforters (alternative provided), and dual-control heated mattress pads. The master bedroom features corner windows, Craftsman-style furnishings including a king bed, 19' LCD TV with DVD, and a remodeled bathroom with deep 1930's Kohler tub + shower. The two other bedrooms each have queen beds with heated mattress pads, and share a large Tahoe-inspired redwood bathroom with enormous double shower. There is another full-width covered riverview porch on this level off the central hallway, with a full-sized daybed perfect for your afternoon nap, and additional seating.
Outside, you'll find a private stepped path which leads a few dozen yards through our little forest, and directly down to the river. Use of 2 sit-on-top kayaks, life vests, paddles are all included with your stay during July and August. If you prefer a day at one of the local River 'beaches', the house is just a short walk from the very flat and easily accessed Sunset Beach (see our VRBO map), and Mom's Beach, one of the safest swimming beaches on the river.
In the fall through spring, summer tourists have gone home, but for food & wine lovers, these are the best times to visit. Come see the brilliantly-colored vineyards, enjoy lots of one-on-one attention at local wineries, and enjoy temperate weather year-round. January-March, enjoy a free 3rd night or late checkout on your last day. Ask us about mid-week specials.
Westside Road starts near the intersection of Green Valley AVA, Russian River Valley AVA, and runs into the Dry Creek Valley AVA. Explore nearby Russian River, Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma Valley, and Sonoma Coast. In Healdsburg, you'll find dozens more wine tasting rooms and some of Northern California's best restaurants including Cyrus, Dry Creek Kitchen, Healdsburg Bar and Grill, Bovolo, Oakwood Grocery, and many more. We are approximately 45 minutes from Napa Valley via Mark West Springs road, which makes for a great day trip or special evening out.
Visit our own website (link below) or on Facebook to see our comprehensive events calendar to help you pick out the food & wine event, athletic competition, or music weekend that will make your stay even more memorable.
May 2012: Westside Lodge is officially listed for sale! We have loved owning a wonderful wine country home in beautiful Sonoma County, but we're ready to move onto our next adventure--are you the next owner? Gross rental income of over $40k per year, loyal guest following. Purchase includes all booked rental income from date of closing and furnishings are also available to the new owner. For listing information, pricing, and any other questions, please contact us by email and we will forward you our Realtors' website, or you may contact Richard Lester of Guerneville, Herth Real Estate.
Keywords: water, river, river view, riverfront, river front, private access, private riverfront, lodge, cabin, cottage, retreat, getaway, boat, kayak, home, house, wine country, wine road, wine tasting, pinot noir, westside road, westside rd, waterfront, water front, water view, Sonoma County, Sonoma, West County, Napa, RRV, Green Valley, Russian River, Dry Creek, Healdsburg, Forestville, Guerneville. Gurneville, Gurnville, vineyard, forest, natural, authentic, vintage, restored, wifi, wireless, broadband, cable, dog, pet, pet-friendly, dog-friendly
- Vacation Rental
Kids are welcome here, but very young children will require close supervision. This home was built in 1936 and has not been childproofed, although some safety features have been added to balconies. Very fun place for kids to swim, tube, and kayak in the river, explore the forest, and walk to the nearby river "beach", Sunset Beach Park. Tweens have wireless, TV/DVD, and plenty of space inside, outside, and on the property to have some "alone" time if they need it....moreless
Your well-behaved dogs are allowed (2 dogs maximum). Special, landscaped "doggie break area" with wood chips just a few feet outside the front door. Please bring a throw or blanket for your dogs to lie on. No unattended pets allowed in the house. Property is not fenced....moreless
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
- King size beds (1) King bed in Master Bedroom with cotton/down linens and dual-zone heated mattress pad., Queen size Beds (2) Queen beds in two bedrooms, with cotton/down linens and dual-zone heated mattress pads., Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) Queen-sized sofabed (in great room sofa) in front of fireplace. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 2.5 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
Well-equipped kitchen: Fridge, stove/oven, sink, microwave, coffee grinder, timed coffeemaker, blender, food processor. Weber 3-burner gas grill. Everything you need to cook, grill and bake. Some staples/spices may be available. Original wood cabinetry and lacquered wood countertops....moreless
- Catering Available:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Linens Provided:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Parking Off Street:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Food & Wine destination * Northwood Golf Course is just a few miles west (one of nation's top 9-hole courses) near the famous Bohemian Grove * Fishing Charters * Canoe Rentals Nearby * Hiking * Perfect wine tasting location: the house is on Westside Road, nicknamed "The Rodeo Drive of Pinot Noir". It's a scenic road that runs through miles of vineyards and farms, within the Russian River Valley AVA, leading directly into the Dry Creek Valley AVA area. Visit over a dozen wine tasting rooms and vineyards between the house and downtown Healdsburg, just 14 miles away. Healdsburg is home to some of Sonoma's best restaurants, including Dry Creek Kitchen, Cyrus (James Beard Award Winner Chef/Michelin Rated), Bovolo, Bistro Ralph, Oakville Grocery, and also offers great clothing/home/gift shopping, as well as a few good antique stores and art galleries. Forestville has the Farmhouse Inn + restaurant, Nightingale Breads, and Sarah's Forestville Kitchen + La Rosa Mexican, Mosaic Restaurant. ...moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- Music Library:
- CD Player
- DVD Player
(3) Cordless landline phones in dining room/entry, master br and 2nd br. MOBILE RECEPTION: ATT and Verizon usually work here well enough to receive calls and text messages. Sprint reception is spotty....moreless
- Wireless Internet:
(2) 2 high, fully covered porches (about 275 square feet each) that run the entire width of building and overlook the Russian River: one just outside great room with upholstered wicker loveseat, 2 upholstered wicker chairs + dining set with 5 chairs, and one on bedroom level with daybed and additional loveseat + chairs. Wonderful any time of day or evening, even in the rain! ...moreless
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
Property is on the Russian River. The house is uphill from the river's edge, with private river access. Walk down redwood trail stairs on our private path lined with bay laurel, oak, toyon and manzanita trees. 2 kayaks, life vests, and inner tubes provided in July & August. Parents note: water's edge is not visible from house. The house is about 75 feet above flood level and easily accessed from main, paved roads year-round....moreless
Incredible high views of the Russian River and nearby Hacienda Bridge. Watch hawks circle above in mid-afternoon, and occasionally ducks, geese, egrets, depending on time of year. In summertime, you'll see people rafting, tubing, and canoeing on the river below....moreless
- Water Tubing
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- Winery Tours
- Major Events: 2nd weekend in January 'Winter Wineland'; First 2 weekends in March, Barrel Tasting, Pigs & Pinot; April, Passport to Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma International Film Festival, Sebastopol Apple Blossom Festival; May: Luther Burbank Rose Parade; June: Russian River Passport; July & August (rents weekly): 4th July, Ironman 70.3, Grape to Glass, Cotati Accordion Festival, Celtic World Music Festival; September: Sonoma Wine Country Weekend, October: Sonoma County Harvest Fair, November: Food & Wine Affair/Tasting along the wine road, December: many Christmas events including Dickens Dinners at Madrona Manor, shopping in upscale Healdsburg, local farmers' markets and gift fairs. World-class dining nearby including Dry Creek Kitchen, Cyrus, Manzanita, Bovolo, Zazu, John Ash & Co., Farmhouse Inn, Madrona Manor, Healdsburg Bar & Grill, Barndiva, See our own website (link on this VRBO listing) for a list of upcoming food & wine events, festivals, nearby wineries and restaurants....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
We had a lovely stay at Westside Lodge over New Year's. The house is beautifully decorated and very well maintained; the thought and love that went into creating Westside are very apparent. And you can't beat the location (walk right down to the Russian River!). If the house were my home, I'd spend my mornings sitting on the porch, drinking coffee and looking out at the majestic trees, and every evening I'd light a fire and thank the stars to have such a wonderful place to live. Can't wait for our next visit!
- Guest Jen W and Peter M (Fort Worth, Texas)
- Date of stay 04/11/09
- Review Submitted 04/11/09
Westside Lodge is the absolute best place to stay in the area! It is spacious, warm, cozy, beautiful, and surrounded by lush forest, right on the river (with kayaks available!). The lodge is comfortable and well-equipped, with lots of great unexpected touches that made us feel pampered. We plan to make it a regular event to come up to Westside Lodge!
- Guest Erica 1 (-)
- Date of stay 03/21/09
- Review Submitted 03/21/09
I've been to this cabin a couple of times and love it! My favorite amenities? The mattress warmers...the Boss speakers for my ipod...the fireplace...the porches that look over the river (amazing when fog creeps over the water). Oh! And the heated lightbulbs in the 2-person shower! They put a lot of effort into thoughtful little touches to make your stay cozy. And, meanwhile, you are a stone's throw away from local wineries and hiking. Worth every cent; highly recommended!
- Guest Teresa18 (Oakland, CA)
- Date of stay 02/18/09
- Review Submitted 02/18/09
A heavenly retreat; a birdhouse overlooking the Russian River. Life is passing by-- and you are in the middle of it's quiet solitude. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit (and the warmth of the fire).
- Guest Gallo1 (San Francisco)
- Date of stay 02/18/09
- Review Submitted 02/18/09
This place rocks! Cozy enough for a couple but roomy enough for six. It’s like being in a tree house from every room. Enjoyed floating down the river (in November) and rushing back to the fireside. Waking up to stillness and drinking coffee on the sun filled deck. An amazing value for an amazing memory.
- Guest alix2 (-)
- Date of stay 02/17/09
- Review Submitted 02/17/09
Beautiful cabin inside and out. Great location. I loved the large balcony over the river. Everything we needed inside. We will definitely be going back for another stay in the future.
- Guest Trish Tunney (San Francisco, CA)
- Date of stay 02/13/09
- Review Submitted 02/13/09
We have stayed at Westside twice in the past year (including New Years) and had a GREAT time. The weather has been beautiful both times. The views are stunning (the pictures don't really do the views justice) and there is plenty of space inside for a few couples to play and sleep comfortably. This is the only place you should consider staying at if you want to hike on California's beautiful redwood-strewn coastline, enjoy the beaches, and the Russian River. There is a private walkway leading from the house down to a private landing right on the river where you can go for a dip, kayak (the house has one on site!), and fish. I recommend booking in advance to secure a memorable Russian River experience.
- Guest Leila1 (San Francisc, California)
- Date of stay 02/13/09
- Review Submitted 02/13/09
Well I just got back from my 3rd visit to this sublime and charming vacation house. I've experienced 3 seasons (so far).The summer is beatiful, river steps away to swim. Fall was perfect, leaves turning in true life-art glory. Winter most awesome snuggling to keep warm and visiting nearby Healdsburg in off-season (a real treat). The main bathroom in the house is to die for and beyond a work of art---I want that bathroom in my house---the tile work alone is a masterpiece. The deck over the river is just fantastic. (Oh, and I do love visits to all the wineries). I can't believe it's only 1 1/2 hours from my house. I will keep coming back again and again. Thanks you guys!!!!!!
- Guest Rhonda17 (-)
- Date of stay 02/12/09
- Review Submitted 02/12/09
Owner response: Guests--To see photos of the incredible Tahoe-inspired big blue bathroom, view the house slideshow. (link on listing)
From $295/nt + cleaning
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: San Franciscans with a taste for great local food & wine and a love of the Russian River Valley.
Why the Owner Chose Guerneville:
Soaring redwoods and fragrant California bay trees, sun in the summertime, year-round food, wine, and music events, proximity to Healdsburg, Sebastopol, and Guerneville, and a very active local food & wine scene. We wanted a place to enjoy the relaxed pace of wine country year-round, and not have to spend more than 90 minutes getting there from the city. Westside Lodge was the find of a lifetime: a well-maintained and upgraded 1936 riverfront lodge-style home on one of the most famous wine roads in California. The lodge/cabin style is really different from being in a 'regular' house, so it truly feels like we're far, far away from our daily routine.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Westside Road is one of Sonoma County's best wine tasting locations, and Westside Lodge is one of only a few riverfront homes on Westside Road. The house is easily accessed from highway 101 in any kind of weather, 5 minutes from Guerneville, 20 minutes from Healdsburg or Santa Rosa, and just 45 minutes from Napa Valley. We love being able to travel with our dog, take walks in the redwoods and down to the river, and explore all the local tasting rooms and farms nearby.
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - Westside Lodge house website
- CLICK HERE - our Facebook page
- CLICK HERE - http://westside-lodge.com
- CLICK HERE - Westside Lodge House Site
- CLICK HERE - House site with booking calendar
- CLICK HERE - Westside Lodge House Page
- CLICK HERE - Facebook Fan Page for Westside Lodge
- CLICK HERE - Westside Lodge Website
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Great room: true lodge feel with rock fireplace, forest views, 50" TV Cable DVR
Riverview Deck: Dining & Lounge area for year-round use, lovely day or night!
Dining room table seats 10, opens to kitchen, great room, & front porch
Kitchen is fully stocked with equipment; opens to porch with Weber propane grill
Master has king bed, forest views and TV/DVD player and adjoining private bath
Nature bedroom has forest view, extra large closet, heated mattress pad
Western-inspired bedroom has queen bed, large armoire, heated mattress pad
Private stepped path to river with heritage bay, oak, buckeye, and madrone trees
Westside Road is 12 miles of scenic vineyards wineries, leading to Healdsburg
Westside Road is "The Rodeo Drive of Pinot Noir", see full-sized map on our site
Fall is gorgeous with mild weather. See our calendar for harvest season events.
Charming front entry area opens to kitchen, has shaded seating and propane BBQ
Private master bath has 1930's Kohler cast iron tub with shower pedestal sink
Tahoe-inspired bath on bedroom level has redwood walls & enormous double shower
The Nap Deck: covered view deck on bedroom level has seating full-sized daybed
Private river frontage: July Aug rentals include unlimited use of our 2 kayaks!
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Thursday, March 14, 2013
3 Bedroom / 2.5 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.