Stunning Private Estate with Authentic 1803 Bastide, Minutes from Center of Aix
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
Aix en Provence chateau / country house description
AIX EN PROVENCE, FRANCE
La Belle is for those seeking the ideal South-of-France experience. The estate features a large ancient Provençal bastide (5,400 square feet) that has been modernized, with its authenticity, history and charm preserved. There are two separate guest houses as well. All of the essentials exist for a perfect holiday in Provence right out of the movies such as 'A Good Year': beds imported from the USA, duvets and high thread count sheets, cook's kitchen, beautiful pool, soccer field, tennis court, boule court, and 200 year old Plane trees that provide shade for dining and entertaining on a massive gravel courtyard. The setting is a totally private 7 acres, but incredibly, the bustling center of Aix is only 10 minutes away. Additional photographs can be found at: strikingly.com/aixlabellebastide
This property consists of the 6 bedroom/4.5 bathroom 'Maison Principal', finished in 1803 with 2 foot thick walls, tall ceilings, ancient flooring & original doors, windows and shutters. It is a truly authentic Provençal bastide, facing due south with 3 floors of occupancy. The kitchen is equipped for both family living and catered entertaining: Two huge ovens, 10 burners, 2 dishwashers, microwave, 2 large Lieberr refrigerators, 'Nespresso' and coffee/tea pots, plus storage cabinets. silverware, cooking utensils and appliances, Provençal linens, serving pieces, lots of wine glasses and simple white ceramic dinnerware are all provided. Directly off the kitchen is a stunning, covered dining area with a fireplace and pizza oven. There is a dining room which seats 12, living room, two family rooms, and a media room. There is a full laundry room with washer and dryer as well as a line-dry area if you want to live like a local!
There are six lovely bedrooms and 4 1/2 Bathrooms that are basic, very functional, and for the most part, original. There are two guest houses, one with two bedrooms/1bath and one with one
The exterior grounds are georgeous. The main automatic gated entry and gravel driveway have magnificent presence. The main house and massive Plane trees come into view. To the right of the house is an enormous lawn, the 12.5 meter pool and pool house (changing rooms, bar and bathroom), then down to the tennis and boule courts and soccer field (with Mulberry and Olive trees). Landscaping is mature and the ancient Plane trees in front of the Bastide are breathtaking.
The Parker family manages the property and they make holidays memorable for all of La Belle guests. They speak English and French and can help advise and arrange any kind of excursion.
Please Feel free to call or email if you need additional information or photos.
· Two Formal gated entries, one Main entry with security camera and automatic opening mechanism and one Service entry.
· Park like setting on 2.8 Hectares (Approximately 7 acres) with spectacular Plane Trees shading house and dining areas.
· Tennis Court with Tennis House which is equipped with dressing rooms.
· Pool with Pool House with wet bar, changing rooms and bathroom.
· Teak pool furniture including dining table/chairs
· Regulation Boules de Petanque court.
. Soccer filed with goals
· Outdoor Kitchen/Dining area with fabulous pine farm dining table and chairs accommodating 12 people comfortably. Plus pizza oven and huge stainless steel Webber gas BBQ.
· Outdoor lighting of walkways, dining areas and recreation sights.
· Large Guest Parking Areas in service area.
· Location is unique in that the property is surrounded by farmland, but only 10 minutes from downtown Aix-en-Provence and its historic main boulevard, Cours Mirabeau, with its great 'Rotonde' fountain.
The property is quiet and very private.
· 15 minutes to TGV and 25 to Marginane-Marseille International Airport. Direct access of to the house is via a small gravel road which terminates approximately 300 meters after the property. This creates a very private entry with little traffic.
* 6 beds and 4.5 baths
* Master Bedroom, 1 king
* #1 Guest Room, 1 king
* #2 Guest Room, 1 king or twin.
* #3 Guest Room, 2 Twins or queen
* #4 2 Twin Beds
* #5 Twin bed.
Other amenities include:
· Pillow top American made mattresses
· American type shower heads with good pressure
· Totally equipped Kitchen with top of the line appliances including dish drawers, large refrigerators with wine storage and double ovens.
· Dining rooms seats 12
· Living room and family room, both with large fireplaces, plus additional family room and media room
· Laundry room with stacking Miele Washer/Dryer
· Children's play room/ movie room
· Media room + office with fax and wireless internet
· Wireless internet in the kitchen.
· Guest House #1 - 1 Bedroom and 1 bath, Small kitchenette, king bed
. Guest House #2 - 2 Bedroom and 1 bath, king and two twins
· Property Managers, The Parkers, reside on-site and are English and French speaking.
· Sports equipment including bicycles, and vespa rental is negotiable.
· House cleaner 3 days per week included, 3 hours daily.
· Gardener/Pool maintenance included
Keywords: Beautiful & Private Estate, Close to Aix Center
- Chateau / Country House
- 490 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Swimming Pool, soccer field, tennis court, basketball hoop, ping pong, children's play room (with flat screen) foosball (mini foot) boules de petanque, pine forest, fully fenced 18 acres of land. Children can very happily stay home while parents head off to the market or tour for the day....moreless
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14, Beds for 14
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- We bought 'La Belle', this amazing and historic place, because it provides everything essential to a true Provençal experience. The house is ancient, though completely modernized and is very close to the center of Aix despite its private location on 7 acres. The drive in sets the tone with a stunning view of Saint Victoire, the mountain Cézanne never tired of painting. We lived here for two years with our four children and it was an incredible experience. We have a wealth of information about day trips and how to best coordinate them. We also have many local contacts for: dinners catered at home, dining out, catamaran rentals, skiing, art/sculpure tours, hiking, wine tasting/buying, golfing, schools, traveling around Europe via air and TGV, touring the countless villages, and where to go in Aix, etc, etc. But, be warned, it's very hard to leave the house! ...moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Library:
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
From some parts of the property, one can see the Sainte-Victoire, the mountain made famous mountain by Cezanne. Exactly 4.5 kilometers from our driveway, is in the center of Aix-en-Provence. Our bastide is authentic and was rumored to be owned by 'Mirabeau', of the Cours Mirabeau, the famous main boulevard in the Centre Ville D'Aix....moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Equestrian Events
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Dining Room
- Seating for 12 people
- Broadband Access:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Free Long Distance:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room
- Parking Off Street:
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet
- Wood Fireplace:
A cook can be arranged at additional costs. The kitchen is directly accessed by both the interior and exterior dining rooms for ease of catered meals. This property is ideally suited for very high end entertaining....moreless
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
Deck / Patio:
The outside area is approximately 1000 square feet (90 m 2) with a tile roof, fireplace and wood burning pizza oven. Outdoor area has an antique farm table with seating for 10 to 12. We dine outside in front of the fire during the months of March, April, May and September and October (sometimes even in November). It is a lovely Provincial experience to view the plane trees and garden while dining in front of the fire outside!...moreless
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
Nov to Apr .. 6000 Euros/week May and Oct...... 7,000 Euros/week Jun ...... 8,000 Euros/week Jul & Sept...... 9,000 Euros/week Aug ...... 10,000 Euros/week 50% DISCOUNT 6,000 euros per month for sept 2013 to June 12 2013+ utilities Normal long term rates are 12,000 per month- now 50% discount
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Travel with confidence
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property's calendar has not been updated in over 7 months. You can contact the owner for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
Nature walks in the area are fabulous. The bike ride to our local bakery or 'boulangerie' is approximately 5 minutes along a quiet country lane.
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: We live in California with our four children and love to travel.
Why the Owner Chose Aix en Provence:
We lived at La Belle for 2 years, from 2007-2009 and it was one the best things we have ever done as a family. We relocated back to California in 2009. Life in Aix is fantastic and our house serves as an amazing base to explore Provence and all of Europe.
The Unique Benefits at this Chateau / Country House:
La Belle is within 10 minutes of all the metropolitan assets of central Aix including world-class theater, dance, shopping and schools. However, it is in the quiet countryside, so the location benefits from the best of both worlds.
- Primary: (650) 464-9299 (California, USA)
- Secondary: (650) 617-0700 (California, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
COMPLETED IN 1803, THOUGH PARTS OF MAIN HOUSE DATE FROM THE LATE 18TH CENTURY
SECURE GATED ENTRY WITH ELECTRONIC REMOTE OPENER
DINING ON THE COURTYARD UNDER THE PLANE TREES WITH THE SOCCER FIELD IN DISTANCE
POOL & POOL HOUSE WTH BATHROOM, CHANGING ROOMS AND BAR
BOULES AND TENNIS COURTS & TENNIS HOUSE
DINING ROOM AND FAMILY ROOM WITH LARGE FIREPLACE
LIVING ROOM HAS STUNNING, ORIGINAL 1803 WINDOWS
MASTER BATHROOM WITH TWO SINKS, SHOWER, CLOSET AND SEPARATE TOILET ROOM
BATHROOM TO GUEST ROOM #2 WITH TWO SINKS, SHOWER AND TOILET
BATHROOM WITH TWO SINKS, TUB, SHOWER AND PRIVATE TOILET ROOM
GUEST ROOM #4 HAS TWO TWINS, LOVELY WINDOWS AND A BEAMED CEILING
MEDIA ROOM ON THE 3RD LEVEL
THE MAIN HOUSE IS THREE LEVELS AND FEATURES ABSOLUTELY SPECTACULAR PLANE TREES
OUTDOOR COVERED DINING AREA WITH FIREPLACE AND PIZZA OVEN
VIEW OVER THE POOL AND FRONT LAWN WITH SOCCER FIELD IN THE BACKGROUND
FROM THE BOULE COURT LOOKING ON TO THE TENNIS COURT AND TENNIS HOUSE
KITCHEN WITH TWO OVENS, 10 BURNERS, LARGE FRIDGE AND DISH DRAWERS
BEAUTIFUL LIVING ROOM WITH ORIGINAL FLOORS, WINDOWS, FIREPLACE AND CEILING
MASTER WITH KING BED, 18TH C. PROVENÇAL CHEST, HIGH CEILINGS, HUGE WINDOWS
GUEST ROOM #1 WITH A KING BED, BEAUTIFUL WINDOWS AND PRIVATE BATHROOM
GUEST ROOM #2 HAS SOARING CEILINGS, HUGE WINDOWS AND CAN BE MADE INTO A KING BED
GUEST ROOM #3, 2 TWINS OR CAN HAVE A QUEEN BED. TALL CEILING, WINDOW TO FOUNTAIN
Guest Room #5, a charming room with custom pine bed, two windows & book shelves
FAMILY ROOM #2 ON THE FIRST LEVEL
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Friday, October 17, 2014
6 Bedroom / 4.5 Bathroom
- Calendar last updated: 03/27/2014
(650) 464-9299 (California, USA)
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.