100' Higgins Lakefront-Great Sunsets !
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Higgins Lake house description
You'll fall in love with this place. Lower private bedroom with queen bed and and private bathroom. If you are lucky to nab the upstairs sleeping loft with a king and full bed, you will waken to a beautiful view of Higgins Lake. Enjoy coffee while sitting at the family oak table-again enjoying the view of the turquoise crystal clear water of Higgins Lake.
We consider our guests part of our family. Many wonderful times and memories have been made here. Our property is huge. We have about 100 feet of waterfront and our land runs about 300 ft back from the water.
It's sunny and hot mid-summer on the lake yet at the same time the rest of the property is cool. Mature pines and other trees shade the rest of the property and we keep them trimmed high so you have an unobstructed view of the entire lake. Ring the big cast iron bell to bring the kids in for dinner from around the lake. At night time, enjoy marshmallows over the lakeside campfire.
We are in an original private residential district dedicated to private residences, not multi-unit condos, resorts or mixed use. This is one of the most private areas on the lake. The interior is beautiful, light but rustic tongue & groove wood which make up the walls & ceilings. Friendly wild game mounts throughout cottage; African antelope, deer, huge moose, doll sheep, wild boar, fish mounts.
Keywords: Home cottage loft ranch with full lake view, access
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Cooking Utensils
- Child's Highchair
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Parking Off Street
- Linens Provided
- Gas Fireplace
- Iron & Board
- Towels Provided
- 180 degree view of lake. Lakefront yard about 100 ft waterfront x 150 ft between lake & front of cottage. Loads of room for bocce and other games. Inside, 16 ft high cathedral ceilings in living room with wild game mounts (7 ft' span moose, African game, deer, fish, doll sheep, bore and pretend bear). Floor to ceiling lake view living room windows running entire lakeside. Large windows in kitchen overlooking lake. Roof over our 3rd patio area is used for shaded/protected picnic & outdoor use. Food stores 1 & 3 miles away. Parking for 8-9 cars. Our dock reaches out into Higgins Lake about 80 ft & we have sunning decks at the farthest end. Kids swim for hours. There is no surprise drop off. We have other lounging decks at different elevations lakeside. Baseball, tennis, slides & basketball within walking distance. Boat rental available at B & B Marina and at MI South State Park....moreless
- Video Library:
- Music Library:
- CD Player
- DVD Player
Deck / Patio:
3 patios. One at the top of the bluff overlooking the lake, a large patio on the lake side of the cottage & a back patio on the roadside of the cottage. The back patio has a roof & is weather protected....moreless
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
You can see virtually the entire south half of Higgins Lake (5000 acres) and a good part of the north half of the lake, including Treasure Island because we're on a bluff. There is always a breeze around the cottage - even when it is 100 degrees at the water. 5 minutes of boating to the 'sunken island', the favorite place to swim and spend the afternoon....moreless
- Water Tubing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Basketball Court
- Jet Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Water Skiing
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- There is a fire pit lake-side. We supply wood for burning-you don't have to buy it. Huge lake trout taken. Great perch fishing. We've caught big fish of every kind including huge Great Lake Herring, brown & speckled trout, 5 lb small mouth bass, northern pike,2lb rock bass & perch up to 16 inches. Great location for kayaking.` Good snorkel/dive site straight out from our cottage. Bald eagles have flight pattern over cottage & rest in the lake-front trees. Nice easy walk to Gerrish Township Park : tennis courts, basketball, baseball and slides for the kids. Other wildlife hiking trails along Cut River & Marl Lake run for miles-marked with info about wildlife & native plants. Fly fishing throughout Cut River & shallow rock areas in Higgins Lake. Ausable canoe liveries close by....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
July- August 2013, SUNDAY-SUNDAY WEEKLY RENTAL ONLY. Max 8 guests. $2000.00/week. $1875.00/week after August 17, 2013 .Credit & reference checks with nec personal/financial info required. Guest agreement & credit card back up required. Names and ages of all guests must be registered at the time the guest agreement is completed. CHECK IN: 4:00 p.m. CHECK OUT : 11:00 a.m. 1: Confirm date availability & rate 2. Deposit $500.00 to secure dates 3: Receive & complete, sign & return guest agreement & remainder of payment.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Why the Owner Chose Higgins Lake:
We love the view. You can't find a better sunset in the south pacific islands. Higgins Lake water is crystal clear to 70 feet deep.At night there is no light pollution.Clear nights are AMAZING. You can see all the constellations and the northern lights and the International Space Station if you are lucky.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
This is a very charming property. Our guests have never been disappointed. Stores, fuel, dining, tennis, basketball and all the rest are available just minutes away.
VIEW FROM THE LAKE
KITCHEN VIEW OVERLOOKING LAKE
LIVING ROOM WITH FIREPLACE, VAULTED CEILING, OVERLOOKS LAKE
LOFT VIEW WITH KING AND FULL BEDS
LAKE FRONT VIEW OF DOCK, 100 FOOT FRONTAGE
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Monday, August 05, 2013
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.