Cute Hope Cabin/House: Great Location with Southern Lake, Mtns. and Island Views
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Hope house description
Quaint, cute cabin/house overlooking Lake Pend Oreille with southern views of Cottage and Pearl Islands, Ellisport Bay, Green Monarch mountains/cliffs. Sandpoint and Baldy Mountain. All can be viewed from the deck off to the SSW...wonderful sunsets to enjoy your evening by.
Short Minutes walk to three of the nicest deep water marinas on the lake complete with small grocery store, great restaurants, guest slips/boat rentals. Enjoy scenic bike rides along mellow Hope back roads with full views of Lake Pend Oreille and Schweitzer Mountain Resort.
We would like to introduce you to the area by giving a free half day sail/instruction (Summer Only) on our Crealock 34 sailboat if you decide to rent for a week or more.
Our vessel is located within a 9 min walk from the cabin. The ski area is Approx. 45 mins. W. along a scenic drive.
We know the area well and can help make your vacation to this special area fun and comfortable. Our rates are reasonable and our cabin is a place you can call home. Please review 'Other Amenities' and 'Activities'
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Parking Off Street:
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Wood Stove
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Nicely wood finished daylight basement room looking towards the Lake with half bath and extra thick Futon Double-privacy.IMPORTANT: The upstairs sleeping accommodations include one bedroom w/ 2 singles adjoining full bath, den w/bunkbeds, living room with Queen sleeper sofa. We will rent up to 8 persons under special arrangement and extra 2 person fees. Small Studio next door sometimes available, please ask. Home is priced and sized for 6 persons. House is located within short walking distances to 3 Marinas with Boat Rentals. Floating Restaurant/marina close by. Slip rental for your own boat. 2 min. walk to Holiday Shores Marina/Store/Cafe/Sweet Lou's Restaurant/bar. Lovely Bike Rides with Lake views, Two Mountain Bikes Provided, Free Half Day Sail on a Crealock 34 Foot Sailboat includes instruction offered to Week/Monthly Rental Guests. Strong Creek mountain hiking trail nearby. Home has Awesome Views of Lake Pend Oreille looking South to the Islands....moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Video Library
Pool & Spa
- Indoor Pool
- Hot Tub
- Ski & Snowboard:
- Water Sports Gear:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Lawn / Garden
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Water View
- Lake View
- Mountain View
- Rock Climbing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Basketball Court
- Water Skiing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Theme Parks
- Live Theater
- Sight Seeing
- Ski Lift Privileges
- Horseback Riding
- Fitness Center
- If you are visiting to ski at Schweitzer this Winter, Mtn. Bike there in the Summer or to visit our Canadian friends/ Hot Springs, Mountain Beauty up North (Approx 1.5 hrs to B.C./U.S. Customs). Please keep our warm home in mind. Ask us for interesting details on areas to explore perhaps boating/sailing on Lake Pend Oreille or soft energetic training available thru the peaceful Art Of Aikido both in Sandpoint and with Kootenay Aikido Kenkyukai in Nelson B.C. or stop in for a little Yoga at Downtown Yoga in Sandpoint. We are available to make your stay in the Hope and Sandpoint area as enjoyable as possible....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
cute Hope House
cute Hope House
For years I have had a special connection to Hope, Id. We came up often to fish. Hours spent on this lake with my dad are my most treasured memories. I'm now 75 years old. The house provided a cozy respite from normal life. The options to explore at close hand are endless depending upon your life style and physical abilities. The house is a welcoming presence, decorated to enhance the surroundings and stir the soul. There are fine dining places close by, bike and hiking trails, huckleberry picking in season. There are several marinas. The owners are native to the area and can guide you to the exact experience you are looking for. If you stay once, my feeling is that you will go back! This place and location is a gem!
- Guest Gigi (Spokane, wa)
- Date of stay 09/03/13
- Review Submitted 09/08/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, adventure seekers, girls getaway, people with disabilities, families with teenagers, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
Guest comment entered by owner
The folks above stayed with us at separate times during the Summers of 08 and 09. Some have returned each year. We have many others that we would like to list. All their comments are in our guestbook. All have been very positive since we opened our rental in the Spring of 08. The reviews read very similar in following examples; " Loved the views off the deck, Home was very clean and felt like Grandma'a house, Hate to leave,look froward to coming back. Loved the sail, enjoyed watching our children interact on the boat, Great Hospitality, See you next year. What a wonderful place to stay. Colors of the area were refreshing-deep hues of the lake contrasted with tall evergreens and maples. Thanks for the bikes. Had a great time exploring." If you would like references please let us know. We want you to enjoy your stay.
- Guest Jennifer,Lynn,Ralph,Monica, James, Elizabeth
- Date of stay 07/14/09
- Review Submitted 05/21/10
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
"We'll leave the lights (and heat) on for you." ;))
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $250
- Tax Rate 8%
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
About the owner: My wife and I enjoy meeting fellow travelers. My wife is a nurse and I have a tractor, landscape prep.,hydroseeding business and teach Aikido and sailing. We have lived in this area since 1977 after moving inland from Friday Harbor, WA. We enjoy skiing and are avid Ocean and Lake sailors. Our homeports are Anacortes, WA and Hope, ID. We love the Pacific NW and have raised two children here who are now finishing up College.
Why the Owner Chose Hope:
We were married in Hope and love the feeling of its lifestyle. We plan on retiring here.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Quality of Life. Reflection time with loved ones and nature. Come and we will show you. It may be hard to leave as it was for us....so we stayed. 37 years and counting.
- Primary: (208) 263-8334 (Idaho, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Our new expanded view (Oct 2013) from the deck looking SW over Lake Pend Oreille
Back of home, Entrance and Parking
Hope cabin looking south, mountains in distant view. Parking Pad
Living room to kitchen. Queen Sleeper sofa.
Upstairs bedroom with adjoining kids room (Den) Bathroom to R.of photo.
Partial view from deck. Pearl Island Marine Park in distance with sunshine.
View from deck SW to islands, also sunset direction
Lakeview Blvd. low, low traffic/ Dead End Rd. 2 min walk to Marina/Restaurant
Front of home that faces Lake Pend Oreille. Clean, Beautiful SW views (No Wires)
Living room from Kitchen Bar area.
Living Room to Kitchen to Covered and Open Deck all with full lake views.
View from Pearl Island towards Hope. Cabin off the bow. Sail with us, Crealock34
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Tuesday, December 10, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.