Sleeps 15, Gamerm/Ping Pong, 4 Tvs, Pool, Jun & Aug Reduced Wks.
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3-10 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Wedgefield house description
This spacious 5 bedroom, 3.5 bath home is across from the 27 hole public golf course at Bear Trap and is a short drive to the beachs of Bethany, Ocean City, or Fenwick. Similar homes closer to the beach rent for at least twice as much. This is a family friendly house with a terrific game room with FULL SIZE PING PONG TABLE., combination game table (Foosball, air hockey). widescreen TV/DVD, Video llibrary and poker table. There is a large deck with bar seating and pond view.The community swimming pool (free to our guests) is just steps away. Wi Fi will keep you connected. There is a large gourmet kitchen with double oven & ice maker frig.The formal dining room seats 14 comfortably. Three bedrooms have flat screen TV/DVD. All bedding is almost new and is top quality and there is a porta crib.This spacious home accommodates more than one family.Bring family or friends and enjoy gracious luxury at an affordable rate. A great place to share the fun & good times but also the expense.
Golf is available across the road: The home is directly across the road from the entrance to the beautiful 27 hole public championship golf course at Bear Trap Dunes. In the summer special events are held in the Bear Trap Dunes Community and are open to the public. There is a fine dining restaurant at the Clubhouse.
Several other golf courses are in the Bethany Beach, Rehoboth Beach / Ocean City area.
Beautiful Delaware State Beaches are nearby: The house is only a short drive from the Delaware State Seashore Parks. There parks have beautiful beaches that are guarded and have restroom and refreshment facilities. There is one park just north of Bethany,and another just to the south at Fenwick Island. Both of these are about a 15 - 20 minute drive from the house.
Ocean City, Maryland is also a short drive away , about 20 minutes to the south. Ocean City is the ultimate in boardwalk entertainment , restaurants, and mini golf as well as souvenir shopping.
Tax free outlet shopping is also only a short drive away in Rehoboth, about a 25 minute drive to the north.
Great for Family Reunions & Golf Getaways!!: The house has 3000 sq. feet of luxury. It is spacious and accommodates 14 people with more than adequate room for all. There is comfortable seating in the living room, and in the large family/game room.
The formal dining room seats 14 comfortably. The table is banquet size.
The kitchen is equipped for either casual or gourmet cooking-- double oven, cooktop island, ice maker refrigerator, and lots of space.
There are 3.5 baths and 4 TV/DVD, (3 in bedrooms), widescreen, in the family room
There is a large deck overlooking a picturesque pond, and a swimming pool only a short walk from the deck.
AGE RESTRICTIONS APPLY TO ALL RENTALS., FOR NON FAMILY GROUPS MEMBERS MUST BE OVER THE AGE OF 25.
- 3000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 15
- The master bedroom has a luxurious canopy bed and a sitting area near the TV/DVD enclosed in an armoire. There is seating for 3 in this area with an arm chair with ottoman, a wicker chair with pillow, a rocking chair and a magazine table as well as a lamp table. This king suite opens to a huge luxurious master bath with double sinks and heart shaped soaking tub. There is a separate glass enclosed shower. The twin bed room has a trundle bed and it connects to a full bath. The seashell room has a queen bed and connects to a full bath. The seahorse room has a queen bed and a rocker and connects to a full bath which can be set up as a private bath for that room. The room with 2 bunkbed sets plus trundle is ideal for children. It can sleep 5 comfortably. The den on the first floor has a queen high rise and is near the half bath. All the bedding is almost new and is top quality for comfortable sleeping. The seahorse room and the Seashell room also have large TVs with DVD.(So 3 TVs upstairs)...moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- The master bath is huge and has double sinks .It has a large heart shaped soaking tub. There is a separate glass enclosed shower and a huge window overlooking a pond. The window has a privacy shade which can let in light while ensuring privacy. The toilet is enclosed off this large bathroom area. Two of the rooms (the seashell room & the twin room) share a full bath. (Jack & Jill) bath. This room has double sinks and has the toilet area and tub enclosed from the sink area. The third full bath on the second floor level can be used exclusively by the seahorse room or it can be shared by opening it to the hall for use of others. This bathroom has just one sink. The half bath is on the first floor and is convenient for any one sleeping in the den on the queen high rise....moreless
- There is a fully equipped kitchen with cook top island/breakfast bar. There is a double wall oven and an ice maker refrig. There is a small desk and eating space for about 8. at the kitchen table. Additional eating space can be made by using the round game table in the Game room adjacent to the kitchen. . There is a FULL SIZE PING PONG TABLE and a combination game table that includes air hockey.and foosball. The kitchen is well stocked with can opener, blender, toaster, banana rack, hand held mixer, lobster pot, and all the tools that you would need.There are 3 sets of dishes and place mats are provided. There is a separate laundry room with racks for hanging clothes. There are cutting boards, mug holders, and paper towel holder. Off the kitchen is a large deck overlooking the community pond and just a short distance from the deck is the community swimming pool. Pool passes are included with the rental. There are no additional fees except the cleaning fee....moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Games For Kids
- Ping Pong Table
- Video Library
- Books For Kids
- Recreation Center
- Water Parks
- Duty Free Shops
- Coin Laundry
- Outlet Shopping
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
local services and businesses
- Medical Services
- Near The Ocean
sports and adventure activities
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Dining Room
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Sofa Bed
- Air Conditioning
- Activities Guide
- Alarm Clock
- Water Cooler
- Filtered Water
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Broadband Access
- Wireless Internet
- Parking On Street
- Iron & Board
- Parking Off Street
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Lobster Pot
- Pantry Items
- Wood Deck
- Porch / Veranda
- Unscreened Porch / Veranda
- Beach Chairs
- Outdoor Grill
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- In Ground Pool
- Communal Pool
ReviewsWrite a review
Our favorite family beach rental - EVER!
Our favorite family beach rental - EVER!
Bethany is our family's favorite beach, and this house is our favorite to rent! The house is very cozy, comfortable, and attractively furnished. It feels like home. It has plenty of room for multiple-families - without feeling too crowded. ;) With relatives in NY, NJ, PA, DE, MD, and VA, it is a GREAT central location to gather! In fact, we've rented for at least 5 family reunions over the past several years. The kitchen and family room are awesome for fun and "bonding"! We've held several family ping-pong tournaments there already. (Sadly for my brothers, I'm the reigning champ!) We have also enjoyed dolphin watching in the morning down at the beach, shopping at the nearby outlets, walking in the lovely neighborhood (nicest neighbors too!), and visiting STARBUCKS at GIANT FOOD, only a minute away by car (about 15 minute walk). Additionally, it's been our experience that the owners are very responsive and gracious people! This year, I've decided to rent four times - once a season. At least two visits will include extended family, one will be a getaway with my husband (sans kids!), and one will be a getaway by myself - alone to meditate and recharge! Look out, Bethany, here we come!!!! Karen F. (Virginia)
- Guest Karen F.
- Date of stay 08/25/12
- Review Submitted 01/13/13
When we arrived at this home on our first day the right garage door was badly damaged. We also noted that the siding in the back was melted from a gas grill as well as some other minor wear and tear items in the home. Figuring that the owners just didn't keep up with these repairs during the rental season, we didn't think to report it. During our week staty, my husband and I lost 1 full day and a few hours of another day waiting for air conditioning repair people to correct an ongoing problem that was to have been fixed prior to our arrival. The property manager couldn't be there and we didn't want to allow the repair crew access to the house and our belongings so we stayed behind while the rest of our family went to the beach. Two weeks after our return home, I received a bill for the garage door damage. We had nothing to do with the damage. It could have been anyone that had been to the home doing repair work, but I guess having our cash in hand made us the easy ones to blame. While visiting relatives in October we drove by this home and the garage door still had not been replaced (I am wondering what became of my security deposit). If you do rent this property, be sure to document everything upon your arrival or better yet have the property manager meet you there to inspect the premises.
- Guest Tracy C.
- Date of stay 07/21/12
- Review Submitted 01/01/13
Owner response: wner Response #5796401 "Renter Beware" In the seven years that we have been renting the house we have never had to withhold a security deposit for any reason until our garage door was damaged this past summer. We expect normal wear and tear form rental groups and we address minor problems through our property manager and his professional staff. Every Saturday between renters he makes an inspection and sends us a written report. When his July 21 rental report indicated that one of the garage doors had been severely damaged we called the renter to ask what happened. She said that she did not know what happened and said the door was damaged when she arrived to check in. This contradicted what the property manager had reported. We checked further with the property manager and his assistant (who oversees the cleaning and monitors the property between rentals) and they both assured us that the door was undamaged when the renter arrived. We then made a reasonable decision to withhold the renter's security deposit pending estimates for repair. All estimates indicated that the door could not be repaired but had to be replaced. We DID NOT send a bill to the renter but sent her a copy of the Property Manager's Report and an estimate for repair. The door replacement was made in December (2012). The cost of the door replacement did exceed the amount of the security deposit and we notified the renter that her security deposit would not be returned. . We take security deposits very seriously and would not withhold a deposit unless we were absolutely sure that the damage was done by the renter. Our property management team is professional and dependable and have worked with us for several years to insure the integrity of the house for each weekly check in. Each summer we have received countless notes from renters telling us how much they have enjoyed their stay. We have several who come back year after year. Some of the comments frequently made are that they found the house clean, well appointed, and comfortable. With the help of our property managers we do everything to insure that our renters will have a wonderful and memorable vacation. Many say they appreciate the community pool which is just a short walk from the house. We appreciate all of our renters who have stayed and enjoyed and have left the house in consideration for those who would follow. Just one damage incident in 7 years is a testament to all the families who have enjoyed our vacation house.
excellent vacation rental
excellent vacation rental
Very clean and comfy all you will need is there close to golf beach and pool this is my 2nd year and will return for a third
- Guest Tom C.
- Date of stay 06/16/12
- Review Submitted 06/26/12
Just got back from a week stay at this property. It was extremely clean and spacious. We had plenty of room for our family, kitchen was stocked and the walk to the pool was approximately 3 houses down. It was perfect!!! We have been to Bethany Beach about 6 times and this is the best house we have ever stayed in. Thank you!!!! Michael and Valerie Price Westminster, MD
- Guest Valerie P. (Westminster, MD)
- Date of stay 06/09/12
- Review Submitted 06/16/12
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 4 - Apr 19, 2014
3 night min stay
Apr 20 - May 22, 2014
3 night min stay
|Memorial Day Weekend
May 23 - May 26, 2014
3 night min stay
|May 31 to June 7
May 31 - Jun 6, 2014
7 night min stay
|June 7 to June 13
Jun 7 - Jun 13, 2014
7 night min stay
|Aug. Week 4
Aug 17 - Aug 23, 2014
7 night min stay
|LONG WEEK with Labor Day
Aug 31 - Sep 9, 2014
10 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
NO ADDITIONAL FEES. POOL PASSES INCLUDED WITH RENTAL.
The town of Ocean View vacation rental tax rate for the 2012 (effective Jan.1. 2012) season has increased to 5%. (It was previously 4% for the 2011 rental season.) This website has been updated to reflect this increase in tax rate.
Inquire about special rates for weekends or partial weeks in the off season from September to May.
Prime season w
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Cleaning: $150 + tax
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Tax Rate 5%
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Ferry: Lewes at 25 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: route 1 at 2 Miles
- Nearest Beach: beach at 2.5 Miles
- Primary: +1 3019044539 Ask for Barbara
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Queen Bedroom with TV/DVD
Living Room with Sofa and Loveseat and two single chairs
Community swimming pool just steps from house
Formal Dining Room with seating for 14
Full Size Ping Pong Table in Game Room
Kitchen with Eating Space and View to Pond
Kitchen with Icemaker Refrigerator and Gas Cooktop
Boardwalk at Bethany Beach
Master Bath Double Sinks
Master Bedroom with sitting area and TV/DVD in Armoire
Queen Bedroom with connecting bath and TV/DVD
Deck off kitchen with bar seating
Living Room looking to Foyer
Conversational seating in Game Room (with large screen TV)
Foosball Table in Game Room
Gourmet Kitchen with Double Oven and Cooktop
Eating Space in Kitchen. Door opens to Deck and overlooks pond
View from Kitchen to Game Room
Master Bath with Luxurious Soaking Tub
Master Bath Shower and Soaking Tub
Bunk Bed Room with Two Bunk Bed Sets plus a Trundle
5 Bedroom / 3.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.