First Floor Convenience in Chelsea!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Chelsea apartment description
On 22nd Street between 7th and 8th Avenues, close to clubs and restaurants, convenient to the Chelsea art galleries, tons of shopping shopping and transportation hubs. Chelsea side streets tend to be as quiet as the avenues are busy.
This ground floor studio is divided by a curtained wall of glass, creating two separate sleeping areas. A queen sized bed in the front of the room is supplemented by a comfortable, full-size fold-flat sofabed in the living/dining area. Perfect for parents with a kid or two along, or for friends traveling together.
Air-conditioned, with internet and cable TV.
Sleeps up to four persons, no pets, no smoking, please.
No minimum stay.
Ground floor with separate entrance.
Chelsea is a neighborhood on the West Side of the borough of Manhattan in New York City. The district's boundaries are roughly 14th Street to the south, 30th Street to the north, the western boundary of the Ladies' Mile Historic District – which lies between the Avenue of the Americas (Sixth Avenue) and Seventh Avenue – to the east, and the Hudson River and West Street to the west. To the north of Chelsea is the neighborhood of Hell's Kitchen, also known as 'Clinton,' to the northeast is the Garment District, to the east are NoMad and the Flatiron District, to the southwest is the Meatpacking District and to the southeast is the West Village.
Chelsea is divided between Manhattan Community Board 4 and Manhattan Community Board 5. It contains the Chelsea Historic District and its extension, which were designated by the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission in 1970 and 1981, respectively, and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1977, expanded in 1982 to include contiguous blocks containing particularly significant examples of period architecture.
The neighborhood is primarily residential, with a mix of tenements, apartment blocks, city housing projects, townhouses and renovated rowhouses, and its many retail businesses reflect the ethnic and social diversity of the population. The western part of Chelsea has become a center of the New York art world, with many art galleries located in both new buildings and rehabilitated warehouses.
N,Q,R,W to Union Sq. | F,L,V to Sixth Ave. | 1,2,3 to 14th St. | A,C,E,L to Eighth Ave.-14th St. | 1 to 18th St. | 1 to 23rd St. | F,V to 23rd St. | R,W to 23rd St. | C,E to 23rd St. | 1 to 28th St. | R,W to 28th St.
The far west side of Chelsea—New York's premier contemporary-art district—was an edgy, semi-industrial patch before it was colonized by adventurous gallerists in the 1990s. Increasingly blue chip, it is now home to such high-profile spaces as Gagosian Gallery, Gladstone Gallery and Haunch of Venison. The development of the High Line has brought more visitors to the formerly desolate area. The verdant, elevated promenade commands great views of the surrounding architecture—a mix of industrial landmarks and gleaming new structures—and passes through the old loading dock of the former Nabisco factory, which now houses the eateries and shops of Chelsea Market. While the Chelsea gay scene has become commercialized and, to the younger set, passé, there are still some worthwhile watering holes, eateries and shops, and flea market aficionados can peruse vestiges of a sprawling hub for antiques and bric-a-brac.
- On floor 1
- 500 sq. ft.
- 6 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Pets Considered
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- Queen size Beds (1), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Iron & Board
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Hair Dryer
- The nearest airport is New York LaGuardia Airport (Airport Code: LGA), a distance of about 7.1 miles from the hotel. Check in time is at 3 PM and check out time is 12 AM. Call ahead in case there are any changes, or if you need late check-out. There are several family restaurants close to the hotel, including Alonso's Steakhouse, Tea & Coffee House and Chen Express Kitchen. Select the above Restaurants tab for a more complete list of New York City restaurants in the area and their distances from Chelsea West 22nd Street Apartments New York City. Guests may wish to visit nearby New York City Museums and/or Arenas within a short drive from this Vacation Rentals, including the Madison Square Garden, Museum at FIT and Rubin Museum of Art. Select the Tots and Travel Attractions tab above for a more complete list of nearby New York City attractions and their distances from Che...moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Tourist Attractions
- Not Necessary
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
- Eco Tourism
- Outlet Shopping
- Recreation Center
- There are several family restaurants close to the hotel, including Alonso's Steakhouse, Big Cup Tea & Coffee House and Chen Express Kitchen. Select the above Restaurants tab for a more complete list of New York City restaurants in the area and their distances from Chelsea West 22nd Street Apartments New York City. Guests may wish to visit nearby New York City Museums and/or Arenas within a short drive from this hotel, including the Madison Square Garden, Museum at FIT and Rubin Museum of Art. Select the Tots and Travel Attractions tab above for a more complete list of nearby New York City attractions and their distances from Chelsea West 22nd Street Apartments New York City. Family Features A kitchenette comes with certain rooms for familes with young children that need the conveniences of home. Rooms can be booked with a kitchen which is especially convenient for families travelling with a baby or young children. Need to heat up your kids food or warm your baby's milk bottle? In room microwaves are available in some of the hotel rooms. Overall, Tots and Travel has found Chelsea West 22nd Street Apartments New York City ranks high on our family/kid friendly scale. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Give it a try and your will love it!
Give it a try and your will love it!
I am from West Village (Bank St.) Manhattan New York, born and raised on that beautiful island THE BIG APPLE. I now live in Florida in the Pensacola area, but I visit my Manhattan as often as I am able. I recommend and encourage anyone that can visit New York City to make time to visit Manhattan, you will not be sorry. I have family still living there, so I consider the island still as my home. And stay with the A place in New York is just great the apartment on 22nd Street is amazing great size cozy! Private entrance and close to all the amenities the Chelsea offer. And the guys at the restaurant are very friendly they always want to help you with everything they are just great hi Victor and the housekeeper Iwon is very sweet. Give it a try and your will love it!
- Guest alfredofl (Florida)
- Date of stay 05/04/09
- Review Submitted 05/21/10
Recommended for: Sightseeing, tourists without a car, adventure seekers, romantic getaway.
$200 - 300 /night (No minimum stay). ASK ABOUT SPECIAL OFFERS FOR SELECT DATES! Credit Card required for Reservation. 10% deposit charged at time of reservation. 10% deposit forfeited with cancellation. Cancellation less than seven (7) days in advance will be charged 50% of rate for days that cannot be resold.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: LaGuardia Airport (Airport Code: LGA), at 7.1 Miles
- Nearest Train: One block away at Chelsea
- Nearest Motorway: 5 blocks away at 0.1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: across the street at Chelsea
- Nearest Restaurant: next door at Chelsea
About the owner: Im in Business for 20 years in New York City
Why the Owner Chose Chelsea:
Is the best location in Manhattan for tourist and traveller
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
262 West 22nd Street offers apartments filled with details befitting its Manhattan location. Chelsea rental hunters may find their search at an end with these Manhattan apartments. For those seeking Pre-war Walkup apartments, 262 West 22nd Street may suit them. 262 West 22nd Street at Seventh Avenue/Eighth Avenue is an opportunity for those looking for a new home. 262 West 22nd Street offers 6 floors and 25 apartments. 262 West 22nd Street in Manhattan’s Chelsea offers the best location for the tourist
- Primary: (646) 400-3404 (New York, USA)
- Secondary: +1 9178805224
Links to more information:
... in the heart of Chelsea.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Thursday, January 02, 2014
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.