Spectacular New Cottage on Three Mile Lake, Families Preferred
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Muskoka Lakes Township cottage description
This is a large fully furnished and equipped, brand new and totally custom built 'cottage' on a very large lake (one section is 'three miles' long, but there are many other larger sections of the lake). To keep our place in good shape, we prefer vacationing families and cannot rent to large groups for 'party weekends'. Beautiful Muskoka--large pines, majestic rock, great fishing, and a serene getaway. The water at the shoreline is shallow, sandy and non-weedy and clean. Great fishing. Brand new 8' x 20' dock. Southern exposure with gorgeous lakefront. Marinas on lake for renting other watercraft, or buying gas. Landscaped with log stairs down to lake (illuminated at night). 8 person hot tub.
Cottage has 1500 square feet on main floor, 500 square foot loft, additional 1500 square feet in finished basement. Pine ceilings throughout and oak floors on upper two floors with two huge stone fireplaces (great room and master). Basement has casual painted concrete floors with area rugs throughout). Basement fully trimmed and well lit with another large stone fireplace, plus rec room with ping pong table, change room/which could be used as overflow bedroom, furnished den. 750 square foot deck off each floor (1500 square feet of decking total). Custom materials used throughout (pine trim, cedar siding, 5' oak floors, solid oak stairs, two bathrooms (with large slate tiles, heated floors and custom glass enclosure ensuite), three huge stone fire places (including master bedroom), black granite counter tops and hearths. Four bedrooms (+ four overflow sleeping areas in loft, great room, basement changeroom, and lower den). Laundry on main floor. Walkout basement with 6 french doors along entire basement south wall which can be opened to the breeze.
Year round road access (in winter 4 wheel drive recommended). Quick access to main roads and highway. Near some of the best golf courses north of the city, fine dining, exclusive resort spas nearby. Canoe & new paddle-boat provided with life jackets. Minutes to Bracebridge, Windermere, Port Carling or Huntsville.
- Vacation Rental
Dog friendly with prior approval, depending on size. Please no cats. Please contact us to provide us with details about your pet needs and we will try to accommodate. There are other dogs nearby. ...moreless
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
- King size beds (1) King sized bed in master bedroom, Queen size Beds (1) Queen sized bed on lower level, Double Beds (1), Sleep Sofa or Futons (4) There are two Davenports in the loft which each convert to beds. There are two sofa beds (great room + den)., Bunk Beds (2) Bunk beds in two bedrooms on main floor. Each bunk has a double bed (lower) and a single bed (upper), plus additional pull out trundle bed (total 3 per room depending on size of kids)...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
Large vaulted open concept kitchen with cedar stained cabinets, generous food prep area with three sinks (a double facing the lake and a side prep sink), black granite counters, breakfast bar seating 4, and all new appliances. Oak table seating 12+ in dining area. ...moreless
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Wood Fireplace:
- Parking Off Street:
- Washing Machine:
- Linens Provided:
- Clothes Dryer
- Canoe and paddle boat included (other boats and watercraft available for rent at nearby lakefront marina). Three real stone fireplaces including in master bedroom. 5 inch wide oak flooring throughout, cedar closets, ceiling fans in every room (6 total). Finished basement (2 bedrooms, rec room, and den). Custom bathrooms (with large slate tiles, heated floors, sun lamps, and skylights), board games and puzzles, fishing rods, life jackets. Pull down screen (7') in den(projector NOT provided). Gas and food available at Marina on lake. Walk to nearby country General store for ice cream, groceries or current movie rentals....moreless
- Wireless Internet:
(2) 1500 sq ft of deck/balcony area with tempered glass railing for full views of the lake. Patio Furniture with umbrella/10 chairs. Upper deck accessed by French doors off Dining area and Master bedroom. Lower deck (including built in hot tub) is accessible by 6 French doors which can be opened to allow walk out from anywhere in the basement. Lounge set to relax or read. Seats 4....moreless
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Jet Skiing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
- Sight Seeing
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
- Steamboat tours on nearby Lake Muskoka, Santa's village amusement park (with rides, ziplining, go-carts, laser tag, petting zoo); festivals (Bracebridge and Huntsville), movies, fine dining, resorts and excellent golf courses nearby; Hidden Valley Ski Resort and Algonquin Provincial Park close by. Visit nearby Windermere House Resort, Port Carling, Golf nearby: Deerhurst, Taboo, Diamond in the Ruff, Bigwin (on Lake of Bays)....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Slice of Heaven
Slice of Heaven
My family and I enjoyed a wonderful weekend at the Wakelin's. The cottage is a resort, with amenities not expected in a cottage setting! The layout, decor and setting is above and beyond resort facilities. We enjoyed a weekend of paddleboating, sea-dooing (rental from Northland - with excellent service), ping pong games and hot tubing. All this was in addition to good old plain relaxing in a wonderful, comfortable setting, with all the conveniences of home and then some! This is a place I would love to revisit!
- Guest heenan (ajax)
- Date of stay 06/08/12
- Review Submitted 06/12/12
Recommended for: Girls getaway, families with young children, pet owners, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers.
Irene of Cambridge, Ontario Stayed for the week of August 13-20 2011
Irene of Cambridge, Ontario Stayed for the week of August 13-20 2011
We were not at all disappointed with the property at all. From the first email to the owners Ann and John we knew we found an excellent property and owners. Your holiday should be as easy as possible from the beginning to the end. We had excellent weather for the week and found it easy to melt into the cottage life. My family children aged 19, 22 and 24 and their girlfriends found it refreshing to do nothing more than play games, do numerous puzzles and play ping pong for the week. We rented a jet ski from Northland Marina for 5 days and tubed with that for the week. The cottage itself had everything we needed. The area of Raymond though small was one of the friendliest areas I have visited in a long time. Everybody knew how to get where you needed to go. We visited Port Carling for afternoon for a change of pace and watched the Wenonah ship go through the locks. I am so pleased that the cottage lived up to the expections we had and would definitely go back to Wakelins cottage again. Regards, John and Irene
- Guest John and Irene (Cambridge,Ontario)
- Date of stay 08/13/11
- Review Submitted 08/22/11
Recommended for: Sightseeing, adventure seekers, age 55+.
A spacious and beautiful luxury cottage/home on a quiet, warm lake. The property is well represented on the website. We did not want to leave. Well worth "the price of admission"... kudos to the Wakelins and many thanks.
- Guest The Knights1 (Chatham Ontario)
- Date of stay 08/24/09
- Review Submitted 08/24/09
What a wonderful cottage, or rather home, to rent. It's beautifully equipped, including the kitchen and absolutely gorgeous! The master bedroom and ensuite is just beautiful!Makes it very difficult to rent a more 'typical' cottage in the future - this one is exceptional!
- Guest Christine Brezina (Newmarket, Ontario)
- Date of stay 08/20/09
- Review Submitted 08/20/09
Peak Season (Jun 08-Sep 16) .. $3700/week .. $13,000/month. Off Season (Sep 17-Jun 07) ... $2700/week (not incl. holidays) Month Rate negotiable depending on Number of People. Refundable $750 Security/Damage Deposit is required. Refunded on confirmation that premises was left clean & undamaged. Security/Damage Deposit is non-refundable if booking cancelled No cancellations within two months prior to stay (full fees must be paid)
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: We live in Whitby Ontario.
Why the Owner Chose Muskoka Lakes Township:
Great amenities nearby. We love the rugged beauty of Muskoka-tall, crooked pines, beautiful rock and warm water.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Custom interior signficantly better than most spec cottages. Great location--close to amenities and yet quiet road access. Easy walk in from the parking area. Beautiful lake for fishing, water sports and sun all day with a southern exposure.
- Primary: (905) 430-0086 (Toronto, Canada)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from lower deck Hot Tub
Comfy King size bed. French doors to the upper deck with loungers.
Bunk room 1. Queen length Double bed on bottom, Twin on top & single trundle.
Lower level bedroom with Queen size bed and Pocket doors for privacy
Third Fireplace with ping pong & french doors to lower deck.
Beautiful Natural Muskoka Rock fireplace. His & Hers Armoire Closets .
Ensuite Bath with large shower, heated slate floors, double sinks, skylight.
Bunk Room2. Double bed on the bottom, Twin on top with single trundle.
Room off the Hot tub. Double bed & pocket doors for privacy.
Path to dock and Firepit
On the dock
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Monday, June 24, 2013