New! North Falmouth - Adorable Cottage - Walk to New Silver Beach!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Falmouth house description
Great Cape-style cottage and vibrant beach community for a fun family vacation! The cottage has lovely flower-filled window boxes and whiskey barrels, and is situated on a pleasant street lined with well-maintained summer homes.
The cottage is clean, organized and nicely decorated. A new light-color berber-style carpet brightens the living room. Many windows encourage breezy cross-ventilation. First-floor features two bedrooms (queen and single beds, dressers and closets), living room (with new flat screen TV/cable/DVD), full bath, eat-in kitchen and eat-in screened porch. One of the first-floor bedroom has a large desk which has alot of storage and will accomodate a printer, copier, etc. for an at-home office. Wireless internet service is provided. Kitchen includes large refrigerator/freezer, new range/oven, new water heater, microwave, auto coffeemaker, slow cooker, pots/pans and utensils, etc. The large, second floor bedroom has five single beds with new bedding, three dressers, two adjustable skylights, large table for creating artwork and playing games, cards, etc., desk for letter writing, fans, etc. A great room for kids!
The large back yard has a picnic table/benches and gas grill just outside the eat-in screened porch. The outdoor shower (a second shower) is a wonderful summer alternative and used for most showering including after-beach rinses. Bring your own bikes or rent nearby. Trash and recyclables are picked up weekly. Although the cottage is not heated, non-peak times are typically very comfortable.
The beach is about 2-3 blocks from the house and features white sand, plentiful shells, warm south-side waters, a fishing jetty, and diving raft. “Wild Harbor”, the “Tea Room” (i.e., simple arcade, grille and snacks), tennis courts and outdoor movies (G/PG-13 only) are all located within a block of the beach. There are many pleasant places to walk safely in the immediate area. A beautiful, new rail trail, beginning in North Falmouth, just opened. This 11-mile paved trailway meanders through wooded areas, meadows, along beaches, etc. to Falmouth and Woods Hole! It is easy to get on and off along the way - a fabulous place to walk, run and bike! Bike rentals are available in North Falmouth.
Here, you can be as busy or as relaxed as you like! New Silver Beach is a great place for vacationing families - just 10 minutes from the Bourne Bridge and 15 minutes from Falmouth!
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Parking Off Street
- Fabulous Family Beach Area For Over 100 Years! Walk to beautiful beach! Near new, beautiful 11-mile paved trail to Falmouth and Woods Hole! Outdoor shower (in addition to indoor shower), eat-in screened porch, office features available for longer rentals. Large back yard, picnic table, flower barrels and window boxes. Friendly neighbors, community. Small pets with owner approval only....moreless
- Wireless Internet
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Fitness Center
- Basketball Court
- Water Skiing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Theme Parks
- Live Theater
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Beach and harbor associations. Many children and adult activities: outdoor movies, basketball, tennis, sailing lessons available, 4th of July parade, 'Tea Room' w/pinballs, snacks, fishing, swimming beach, harbor and beautiful sunsets! Lots of pleasant places to walk and bike safely. Also available nearby: great restaurants –various types, entertainment, golf, bowling, Cape Cod Canal and Shining Sea walk/bike paths, bike rentals, horseback/trail riding, public fireworks, homemade bakeries and ice cream, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute, Aquarium, nature trails/exhibits, live theatre, band concerts, museums/art galleries, winery, ferries to Martha's Vineyard, boat/sailing/whale watch cruises, libraries, amusement center, video rentals, laundromat, Falmouth hospital, police and fire services, etc. Great day trips to Martha's Vineyard, Newport, Plymouth, down Cape and Provincetown, National Seashore, etc. Parking for Falmouth public beaches available with rental....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Burned and Disappointed!
Burned and Disappointed!
First off the picture of this house is not what we saw when we arrive (and i have photos), the screen door was held together with duct tape and the lawn was not mowed. There were holes in the outside of the house and screens. The 1 and only shower in the house didn't work and had mold all inside. We were forced to use the outside shower that the latch was broken on. To top all of this off after numerous promises the deposit was in the mail, it has been almost 2 months and no refund and now no return calls from the owner. Never agin would i do business with this property owner nor would i recommend it to anyone and it's overpriced compared to some other homes we saw there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Guest Never Again/Burned (Florida)
- Date of stay 06/29/13
- Review Submitted 09/01/13
May 18 - June 15, 2013 ... $950/week June 15 - September 21, 2013... 1500/week September 21 - October 12, 2013 ... $950/week Long stays may require larger security deposit. Weekly rentals begin Saturday 3:00pm to end Saturday 11:00am
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Primary: (617) 448-7241
- Secondary: (978) 369-9452 (Massachusetts, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front View - Window boxes brim with colorful flowers in summer.
1st Floor Bedroom with Queen Bed
Large Bedroom with 5 singles, skylights, fans. Stairway splits room in half
Lighted, Eat-in Screened Porch - New Screens and Carpet
New Silver Beach - Short, Easy Walk (or Drive)
Beach Area - Movies, Tennis, Basetball, Tea Room (not shown)
New Silver Beach - Ocean , Lighthouse View
Living Room. Newer: light carpet and flat scrn TV. Fireplace is NOT operable.
1st Floor Bedroom with Single Bed, Large Desk (not shown)
Eat-in Kitchen. New range/oven and water heater (not shown)
Back Yard, Picnic Table and Grill
New Silver Beach, Fishing Jetty
Wild Harbor (off-season)
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Tuesday, December 24, 2013
3 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.