Modern and Elegant Houseboat in Sausalito-San Francisco Bay.
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Spectacular! One of the newest and finest houseboats (floating home, not a boat) with over 2000 square feet on two levels on the San Francisco Bay in beautiful Sausalito. 3 bedrooms 2 1/2 baths.
Our guests describe us best. Here are just some of our unsolicited vrbo.com guest review comments. Our 5 of 5 star ratings are our pride. (Read them all here on vrbo) .
• “Pick this one!”
• “WOW! What a wonderful experience! We stayed in this fabulous place for a 'girls weekend”
• ” This was one of the most unique and satisfying stays in my lifetime”
• “What a wonderful place for a getaway!!”
* 'I loved this place!'
• “Lovely environment - all the attributes of a lux hotel - very well setup”
• “The house was terrific. We all enjoyed the massage chair and WII (first time!)”
• “The kitchen was well equipped and very functional. Highly recommend the house boat”
• ”I would highly recommend staying here. It's a great location.”
• “This was the perfect get-away for my family-can’t wait to return!”
• “What a luxurious place to stay!”
• 'Everything was absolutely perfect; we had a wonderful time.'
• “It is a great location and made me want to move there forever.:
Premium wine or champagne on ice. (included in rate, upon request) premium toiletries, personal robes and more. Walking distance from many fine restaurants.
Note that our lower level bedrooms are not below the water line as many other houseboats are. All are on top of the water with light and windows onto the water.Truly your own private resort with every possible amenity we could think of to provide. including:
* Great Home entertainment system, all premium Comcast channels, 52” Pioneer plasma TV, stereo , Wii Console & Games, Internet connected BluRay with Netflix, Hulu, and dozens of other free entertainment channels.
* 42' plasma flat screen TV in master bedroom, 42 ' Plasma flat screen in Queen bedroom and 32' Flat screen in guestroom 2.
* Amazing $5000 massage chair
* $12,000 Henredon Dining room table can seat 8-10 comfortably
* Master Suite with large plasma TV, whirlpool bath with view to deck on the water and private dock.
* 2 guest bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, computer with broadband/WiFi, printer and scanner
* 3 separate decks and your own dock with 2 kayaks and peddleboat.
Be sure to see more photos below. Why pay $500 or more per night for a single hotel room or 1 bedroom suite in Sausalito when you can have 2400 square feet on the water and 3 bedrooms for only $495 per night? Also, please note when comparing our rates that we do not charge the typical cleaning fee, (unless it is for 2 nights or less).
HERE IS THE FLOATING HOMES TOUR BROCHURE DESCRIPTION:
'14 Kappas West
Approximate Square Footage 2000
Number of Stories: two stories
Bedrooms: 3 Bathrooms: 2.5
'Nodomus' is Latin for House on the Water, but this contemporary home has the feel of a private resort.
In the living room you'll find an extensive home entertainment system, including a 52' plasma HDTV on the wall over the (see through to the water) fireplace, a Wii console with games and 5 controllers a streaming video selection of hundreds of movies and other entertainment, an amazing massage chair are guest favorites. Deep orange and sage green walls bring a Mediterranean feel to the living and dining areas.
The huge Henredon dining table can seat up to 10. The kitchen provides an ice water/ice maker, dishwasher, top of the line microwave that broils and bakes, a trash compactor, bread machine, professional juicer, electric ice cream maker, a Healthmaster that makes and cooks soups, smoothies and ice creams -- even an electric potato peeler.
A garden deck off the kitchen features a barbecue system, tables and chairs and a bar. The front deck is over the water with an outdoor fireplace and seating.A bike is kept their for your use on the adjacent bike paths.
Signed etchings by modern masters such as Miro and Dali are prominently displayed, as is a Chemiakin painting.
The master suite includes another entertainment system and a Duxiana California King size bed. The master bathroom features an oversize whirlpool tub and a shower with glass doors that open onto the lower deck with a water view. The master suite also has its own private covered deck on the water with bench seating and a boat dock with peddleboat and 2 kayaks for browsing around the marina.
There are two other bedrooms on this level: one with a queen size bed and one with a 2 level bed; full size on the bottom, twin on the top, for maximum flexibility. This bedroom also has a computer, with printer, scanner, broadband internet and WiFi (Wireless WiFi is throughout the houseboat) The two guest bedrooms are served by a bathroom with tub and shower.
PLEASE NOTE THAT VRBO CALENDAR MAY NOT BE UP TO DATE AS OTHER ONLINE BOOKING SITES ARE TAKING RESERVATIONS TOO. CHECK WITH ME.
Keywords: Houseboat, floating home, on the water, on San Francisco bay
Build your best vacation ever
From over 1 million rentals worldwide
Escape the confines of a hotel
Enjoy the freedom of a vacation rental
Book with confidence
Relax and enjoy your stay
From online to on vacation
- House Boat
- 2000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- Children Welcome:
- Pets Considered:
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 7-8
- King size beds (1) This is a $7000 Dux bed. The most comfortable bed you'll ever sleep on, Queen size Beds (1), Double Beds (1) part of bunk bed-see below, Twin or Single Beds (1) Upstairs in living area for additional sleeping needs as well as huge comfortable sofa, sleeps , futon for one, Baby Cribs (1), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) Very comfortable sofas and futon (for 2 people)if you need to sleep more than 5 in bedrooms.Also 2 inflatables (king & 1 twin or 2 twin), Bunk Beds (1) Bedroom 3 has a double bed with a single bed bunk on top. Great for parents and children together or just children....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Dock on the water, kayak, paddle boat, adjacent bike path (about 10 miles long on and around the water) with free bikes on houseboat and additional bike rentals available nearby. The houseboats are in tidal waters, twice each 24 hours the tide goes out and comes in. When the water is out, the sea and shore birds are a delight to watch....moreless
- Books For Adults
- CD Player
- DVD Player:
- Games For Kids
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Coin Laundry
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Nude Beach
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View:
This is a floating home/houseboat - right on the water in the Bay - Tidal Bay,watch the tide come in and out,egrets, heron, geese, seagulls come right up to the deck, has a private dock with a paddle boat for 4 and 2 kayaks. All rooms (including bathrooms) have windows with views of the water...moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Activities Guide
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Broadband Access:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Computer Available:
- Ducted Heating
- Gas Fireplace:
- Gas Heating
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided:
- Living Area
- Living Room:
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street:
- Parking On Street
- Sofa Bed
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
Gourmet Kitchen - All deluxe appliances, including ice water/icemaker, compactor, $1000 microwave,ice cream maker, bread machine,professional juicer Espresso machine. Condiments, coffee, etc provide...moreless
- Beach Towels
- Boat Dock
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Entertainment Area
- Outdoor Grill:
Pool / Spa
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- cleaning fee if 2 nights $150
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Tax Rate 10%
We require a signed rental agreement to confirm your booking. We will send you our rental agreement and brochure by email. Once we receive the agreement from you we send you your directions, houseboat guidebook and entry information.
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Pay with Confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property's calendar has not been updated in over 3 months. You can contact the owner for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
Beautiful Sausalito, the Bay and Hills, great dining and shopping, Ferry to San Francisco, drive north to Wine Country and Redwoods. This floating home has a small dock and kayak and paddle boat for 4 to view the harbor and houseboats.. 20 miles of bike paths/trails both to the Golden Gate Bridge and into beautiful Mill Valley and Tiburon/Belvedere, 1 included bike and bike rental adjacent. A small market and a great coffee shop are nearby.
Year Purchased: 2006
About the owner: The owner lives in Marin County and is here to help you with any problem or need you might have. You can contact me direct for reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org.You can also call our assistant/handyman Martin when you are on-board. 415-632-0372
Why the Owner Chose Sausalito:
Sausalito is one of the most beautiful and romantic locations anywhere in the world. A houseboat is the quintessential location in Sausalito. To be on the water, with the constantly changing tides and wildlife, yet be so close to restaurants, entertainment, shopping and conveniences is ideal. Just minutes from the Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco to the south and the wine country and redwoods to the north - plus the beaches at Muir and Stinson Beaches.
The Unique Benefits at this House Boat:
Having a private dock with kayak and paddle boat right on the Bay is great fun. From the houseboat you can go out into the Bay, see Sausalito from the water, Belvedere, Tiburon and San Francisco. The San Francisco Ferry across the Bay to San Francisco is just downtown 5 minutes away. Nearby freeway access to either San Francisco and Wine and Redwood country. The houseboat has a gourmet kitchen and we provide every system and appliances, etc Available - two large plasma TV's both DVR/HD on cable with all the premium channels Wii games, etc. etc. We are tidal so when the tide is out, the sea birds and shore birds put on a show fishing in the mud.Then the tide comes in and you are floating on the Bay. The tide changes twice a day.
- Secondary: +1 415-632-0372 Martin
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Kayaking from rear dock of floating home.
Living Room showing indoor-outdoor fireplace and deck over the water.
Master bedroom suite with it's own deck (and dock) on the water
Bedroom with 42" HDTV plasma with premium cable
Lower level view with local market and cafe across the water
A view from the upper deck to the north and Mount Tamalpais
Garden Deck with fountain, giant barbeque and bar - one of 3 decks
Gourmet Kitchen with every imaginable appliance and cookware
Guest bathroom - tub and shower and guest amenities
View of the water with dozens of pelicans and seagulls
Bar Area - stocked honor bar for your convenience
stairs to lower level, dock and water
The dock off the master suite.Has paddleboat and kayaks
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Tuesday, November 17, 2015
- Property typeHouse Boat
Get an instant quote
- Response time Within 24 hours
- Response rate 100%
- Calendar last updated 08/16/2015
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.