'Above Gig Harbor'-Great Mt./Sound Views !
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Gig Harbor house description
NEW 40" flat-panel, plasma HD-TV...DirecTV satelite w/movie channels...wireless internet...you will love this home! (Ask about the tiny 'High Cottage' also available at this property...same fabulous view.)
'Above Gig Harbor' is an unusual, spacious, 2500sf, designer home that has just been redecorated, detailed and furnished from scratch. It's a romantic, relaxing retreat for you to enjoy alone, with a mate, a few friends, or your whole family. This property is appropriate for a business, corporate, or guild retreat, a wedding event, anniversary, or another special occasion. New mattresses, linens (400-800 Egyptian cotton), accessories, supplies...everything the owner could think of to make your stay comfortable, easy and worthy of your time and trust.
Come once and you will certainly return (and with a $50-$100-$400 credit for your 2nd stay.) Specialty lighting, art glass, plantation shutters and open, high-beamed, heavy-timbered ceilings throughout. There are ceiling fans in every room. (A Master gardener and an interior decorator have each lived here in the past.) Extensive lawns and gardens (gardener and owner maintain) on this acre property at the crest of Peacock Hill overlooking everything! Play croquet, badminton, barbeque, sit and enjoy the view, read, cook, pick flowers (lots of vases available), eat, workout using the exercise equipment, sleep, party. Herb, salad, berry and border flower gardens, front yard privacy created by mature flowering trees and bushes. This is a Play Space!
Large foyer with fireplace steps down between copper railings to open living-dining area, french doors to old-brick terrace, greenhouse wall and bar to gourmet kitchen. Walk-in, fully stocked pantry: Cuisinart, blender, Hitachi rice cooker/steamer, crock pot, G.F. grill, Panini grill, fondue, Belgian waffle maker, Salton food warmer, toaster, Nutone food center + all attachments, 3 coffee makers, picnic gear, wine rack, paper goods, food staples and treats provided. 4 sets of dishes, stemware assortment, cookware, variety of table linens, entertainment tableware, OR, with advance notice owner can arrange for fantastic catering: a simple meal, or an elaborate party.
Up the ship ladder stairway is the small, 2-room loft that sleeps 3-4; full bed in one room (view), twin(s) in second room. Powder room at foot of stairs, down hall to 900sf bedroom suite: Cherry-paneled library/entertainment room with fireplace, American Leather full-depth, firm, king mattress, game table, TV/music; shuttered, double doors to huge bath with walk-in cedar dressing room, then more double doors to 500sf two-level bedroom with writing desk area, sitting area, new pillow-top, firm, queen bed, cedar linen closet and another walk-in cedar closet, carpeted half flight of stairs to 'basement' with large laundry room, hang-out game area (puzzles, games, electronic darts, checkerboard game table, rug, lounge chair, exercise/workout area.
Back upstairs in the bedroom, french doors to covered hot tub deck, steps to lawn, terrace...all with great views: Puget Sound, Mt. Rainier, Gig Harbor, town, harbor, Crescent Valley, ridge line, pasture. City & boat lights at night rival the daytime scenes.
Call owner for further information and to answer all your questions.
- 2500 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Housekeeper Optional
Some limitations (loft and basement) rest of house has 1 step level changes, but open, huge shower, wide doors.(Owner is familiar with wheelchair-user needs and welcomes your visit...call to discuss possibilities.)...moreless
- Limited Accessibility:
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 7-8
- Queen size Beds (1) New, pillowtop, firm Beautyrest in bedroom, Double Beds (1) In loft - room with view, Twin or Single Beds (1) In loft - 2nd room, Child Beds (1) Not included in the 'bed count', but there is a loveseat in the livingroom that could comfortably accomodate a child. It's wide with the back cushions removed. Linens available., Baby Cribs (1) Can provide if requested., Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) New, full-size, deep, firm king mattress in American Leather Couch in library/entertainment room (see photo) + very comfortable...and wide, with back pillows removed...livingroom couch with foam crate top, mattress pad and bedding. Very comfortable livingroom loveseat would be 'long' enough to sleep child assleeping alternative for a 9th person....moreless
Bathrooms: 1.5 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Coffee Maker
- Pantry Items
- Catering Available
- Washing Machine:
- Linens Provided:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Parking Off Street:
- Covered Parking:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Wicker lawn furniture/firepit/outdoor living; 2 fireplaces; entertainment room/library; gourmet kitchen and full range of prep appliances; stocked walk-in pantry; empty closets and drawers, except for items for you to use (iron/ironing board/clothes steamer/hangers, basic cosmetic supplies (toothbrushes/hair dryer/cotton balls/lotions/tissues/soaps/extra towels/laundry supplies,etc.); notebook with brochures/info/coupons on many things to do in the area; 3 bicycles/work-out room + game room in basement; catering and other concierge services available. Owner/manager welcomes your suggestions for additional amenities....moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- CD Player
- Video Library
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Music Library
Pool & Spa
- Deck / Patio:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Porch / Veranda
- Outdoor Grill
- Wood Deck
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Medical Services
- Whale Watching
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Basketball Court
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Roller Blading
- Rain Forests
- Recreation Center
- Water Parks
- Theme Parks
- Autumn Foliage
- Botanical Garden
- Live Theater
- Scenic Drives
- Horseback Riding
- Gambling Casinos
- Sight Seeing
- Paddle Boating
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Bird Watching
- Walk down the hill to 4 fine, waterfront, restaurants/artisan shops; bus, drive or bike to town center 2 miles; (2 nice bikes for you to use); great knitting, quilting, art, ice cream!, and apparel shops; 1 mile to world-class YMCA pools/fitness complex, Target, Albertson's, Costco, Home Depot, etc. + 25 min. to Seattle ferry; bus stop at edge of 1 acre property - ride to Tacoma or Seattle or to train to Seattle and north or Portland and south. With advance notice, owner will arrange for bicycle, kayaks, books of your choice on site, catering, activity suggestions. Library/entertainment room always has selection of books, current magazines, basket of knitting books, needles and an assortment of yarns for you; basic workout gear set up in basement; carpeted hang-out, game room also in basement. Do you sail? Owner can arrange for you to crew in a weekly race on Puget Sound. And everyone walks Gig Harbor,,,sidewalks all the way around to the mouth of the Harbor....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Family Gathering for Wedding
Family Gathering for Wedding
We had a wonderful time at this home, it was quite and the view was very calming as we were preparing for our daughters wedding and had lots of room for our family. Pat was awesome and easy to work with from the start to the finish of our stay. I would recommend this to anyone that wants to feel like they are at home. I am in the hospitality business and this was one of my best experiences. We will always rent a home instead of hotel rooms when we have a family gathering. Gig Harbor is beautiful and everything you need is very close. Thank you Pat for a wonderful stay in a beautiful home.
- Guest Deanna L. (La Quinta, California)
- Date of stay 07/11/11
- Review Submitted 07/29/11
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, girls getaway, families with teenagers, age 55+, sightseeing, families with young children.
Fabulous Home with Stunning View
Fabulous Home with Stunning View
We rented this vacation home for the Oct. 8th Parents' Weekend at UPS. Pat met us at the house and walked us through all the wonderful amenities. The house is fully stocked and the linens were very cozy! We hosted a BBQ for our son and his friends along with their families. The house is perfectly set up for a large gathering. Costco and Albertsons are close by in an upscale shopping area near the home. The highlight of the stay was the hot tub on the patio with a view of the harbor. We highly recommend this vacation property and look forward to future visits.
- Guest JoAnn Webster (Scotts Valley, CA)
- Date of stay 10/08/10
- Review Submitted 12/28/10
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, girls getaway, adventure seekers, age 55+, sightseeing.
I found this property through a search of vacation homes in the Gig Harbor area to house a group of co-workers for a working weekend. In the past, we had stayed at a local hotel which proved expensive and did nothing for the casual evening banter that we enjoy after working as instructors a local fire department training event. Pat, the owner, was available throughout the weekend to answer any questions about the property and the house was absolutely perfect. Plenty of parking for our group of six and plenty of sleeping options for all. The living room, back deck area, and kitchen was the perfect gathering spot and there was more than enough seating even for additional visitors. Thank you Pat, we will be back again next year.
- Guest Brian (Sumner, Washington)
- Date of stay 09/10/09
- Review Submitted 09/08/10
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, girls getaway, families with teenagers, age 55+.
This house is fantastic and exactly as described. We chose this house initially for the view ( which is superb). What we found when we arrived was that as well as a spectacular view, the house was superb. It had everything we could possibly have wanted from great decor to comfortable furnishings and a plethora of cooking utensils. Allied to this there is the friendly owner Pat. She was there to give us a guided tour when we arrived and was always on hand should we have any questions about the house or the surrounding area. Her tips proved invaluable. We had a wonderful time and hope to be back again. Thanks for everything Pat
- Guest Stewart Cairns (Glasgow, Scotland, UK)
- Date of stay 07/30/09
- Review Submitted 07/30/09
Great place to enjoy Gig Harbor!
Great place to enjoy Gig Harbor!
Our family greatly enjoyed this vacation home. The kids loved the hot tub, the games provided, and the cool ladder up to their loft. The owner was very helpful. The view of the water from the back yard is beautiful. This house is unique and truly a home, not a sterile hotel room. With Costco, target and Albertson's within 10 minutes, it was easy to make meals here. There are lots of one and two step levels in the home, so would not be an easy place for a crawling baby or unsteady toddler, but our youngest was 5 and she loved it. We would definitely recommend this home!
- Guest camoa (Northern California, United States)
- Date of stay 06/23/09
- Review Submitted 06/30/09
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, girls getaway, families with teenagers, sightseeing, families with young children.
September-May...$260/night(except holidays $290) Memorial Day-Labor Day + Holiday weeks/days anytime...$290/night(Discounts...ask!) Weekly rate:7 nts. get 1 free; 14 nts get 3 free; 21 nights get 6 free Monthly rate: $5,460 - $6,090 (10 days per month are free!!) 2 night min...may be 3 nt. min. during some peak/holiday times - $100 cleaning fee $25/night/person additional charge for more than 6 guests Paid reservations are non-refundable unless subsequent guest books reserved dates.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 1993
About the owner: I truly enjoy being a concierge-style owner...meeting and greeting guests and making their stay here successful. Faculty at a small college in Tacoma, I, too, love to travel, sail alot (weekly crew a J-109), ski, knit and quilt, and in the few moments remaining, try to occasionally bike, hike, weave and spin.
Why the Owner Chose Gig Harbor:
Come stay here and you'll see why!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
I actually live just 4 miles away, but still enjoy time at 'Above Gig Harbor' for all the reasons described in the listing....primarily the hot tub, barbeque, workout room, the view, the gardens...and it's a great place to have a party.
- Primary: +1 2532797273
- Secondary: +
Links to more information:
Gig Harbor View
Living Room from Loft
Hot tub from Dining Area through Greenhouse
Foyer when decorated for the holidays - photo taken from adjacent living room
New Slate in Master Bath
East side of home
Kitchen and Dining Area from Foyer
View from Dining Area
Half of Kitchen
Bathroom (Dressingroom/Closet through shuttered doors; bedroom to left
One of two loft bedrooms...with Harbor view
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Tuesday, October 01, 2013