All Season Vacation Home by the Chesapeake Bay in Historic Cape Charles, Va
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Hideaway by the Bay is an air conditioned, nicely furnished, 14 year old vacation home located on a quiet street in this historic bayside community. Relax on the front porch; or, sit out on the back deck as you sip your morning coffee and listen to the birds and seagulls.
There's a gas barbecue grill on the back deck to cook up your catch of the day or enjoy your barbecue. Adults might enjoy sitting out the deck to eat while the kids might enjoy the picnic table in the yard. If it gets too hot, just come back in to the air conditioning.
Take leisurely strolls, shop, golf or dine in and around town. Bring your bikes or rent bikes in town.
You can rent golf carts, wave runners, jet boats and tow tubes and wakeboards right in town. Guests who stay here at Hideaway by the Bay should inquire about available discounts on golf cart rentals at Eastern Shore Custom Carts. Park your car, SUV, boat and the golf cart right in the driveway..
The house is about 4-5 blocks (4/10ths of a mile) away from the beach. It's well within walking distance; but, a golf cart would make it so much more fun.
The calm waters of the bay are perfect for families with children. Splash in the water, build sandcastles on the beach, fish off the pier; or, watch the sun set over the Bay.
Go kayaking and explore the Bay or kayak right up to one of the wineries along the Bay for some wine and cheese with Southeast Expeditions.
Hideaway by the Bay has a private drive with access from the street. It's perfect for boaters who want to bring their boats along with them on vacation. The Town's harbor includes a public boat ramp and transient boat slips. Fisherman will find a conveniently located bait and tackle shop right in town.
Travel north and explore the towns along Virginia's Eastern Shore using the book 'Off 13' as a guide. The book is in the house for use by travelers staying here at Hideaway by the Bay.
Take a drive about 10 miles south to visit the Eastern Shore of Virginia's National Wildlife Refuge.
Drive onto the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel to have breakfast, lunch or dinner in the middle of the Chesapeake Bay at the Sea Gull Pier Restaurant. There's also a 625 foot fishing pier right next to the restaurant along with a gift shop overlooking the Bay.
Seasonal produce, fresh seafood, ice cream, and many other goodies are available either in town or within a short drive from Hideaway by the Bay. There is something here for everybody to enjoy.
Golf carts are permitted in Cape Charles and you'll see them all around town. Residents and guests alike enjoy driving and riding around Town in golf carts.
Local fishermen, watermen and a tour boat /fishing charter captain live right nearby Hideaway by the Bay as neighbors. If you can catch up with them, they'll be happy to guide you to the "best kept" secret spots available to the public...
Beach supplies are available at Hideaway by the Bay so you can pack less and still have what you need to have fun. There are beach towels, 2 adult beach chairs with umbrellas, a small folding beach table and a beach cart.
You'll find a 32 quart Igloo cooler, 2 soft insulated coolers, a small jug with matching 6 pack cooler, a matching woven beach bag and beach mat set, a couple of beach bags, sand buckets and shovels, sand sifters, a picnic basket and citronella candles. There is garden hose with an upright pole with a rinse off shower head along with a garden hose for use as a foot bath.
Additionally, since Cape Charles is located in a coastal area, you'll find weather related preparedness information in the house along with emergency supplies for weather related emergencies, power outages ,sheltering in place or mandatory evacuations.
Build your best vacation ever
From over 1 million rentals worldwide
Escape the confines of a hotel
Enjoy the freedom of a vacation rental
Book with confidence
Relax and enjoy your stay
From online to on vacation
- 1800 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
The house is couples, family and kid friendly; however, it is best suited for couples, families, grandparents, infants and older kids as there are no high chairs, cribs, pack and plays or bed side rails. There are two baby gates ; so do check to be sure the available accommodations will suit your family's particular needs. ...moreless
- Non Smoking Only:
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 7
- Each bedroom is tastefully decorated and fully furnished. There are lots of drawers and spacious closets with overhead storage and hangers. The king size bed has a top of the line pillowtop mattress and box spring, Eqyptian Cotton sheets and pillowcases. The Master bedroom has a ceiling fan, easy to read LCD display digital alarm clock/radio with snooze feature an HD TV with DVD player and a full size bath. The middle bedroom is decorated nicely with a rose/floral motif. There's a comfortable queen sized mattress/boxspring with a comfy pillowtop pad, a ceiling fan, LED digital alarm clock with snooze feature and an HD TV with DVD player. The kids/teens bedroom is furnished with a set of bunk beds and a twin bed. It's decorated with bright colors and kids in mind. There's a ceiling fan, digital LED alarm clock with snooze feature, a combination TV/DVD, kids videos and DVDs, All mattresses and pillows have waterproof encasements and quilted liners to reduce allergens....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- The Master bedroom bath is stocked with 4 soft over sized bath towels, 4 hand towels and 4 washcloths, 2 rolls of toilet tissue, a box of tissues, bathroom paper cups, a roll of paper towels, liquid hand soap, and environmental surface sanitizing wipes. The upstairs hall main bathroom is stocked with 2 rolls of toilet tissue, a box of tissues, bathroom paper cups, a roll of paper towels, liquid hand soap, and environmental surface sanitizing wipes. Plenty of bath towels, hand towels and washcloths are in the hall closet for this bathroom. The powder room (half bath) is conveniently located on the first floor in the hallway and it is stocked with 2 rolls of toilet tissue, a box of tissues, bathroom paper cups, a roll of paper-towels, liquid hand soap, and surface environmental sanitizing wipes....moreless
- My beach house is available year round so it''s very comfortably furnished & decorated. The overall theme in the house is beach/summer/casual style with soothing colors and decor plus seasonal/holiday decorations. You'll feel relaxed as soon as you walk in the front door, and more so once you get unpacked and settled in. You can be close to home and still feel that you are far, far away from it all - it's a very peaceful environment. The living room is furnished with a Berkline Recliner sofa, loveseat and chair with two individual quilted throws and two soft fleece throws, perfect for those who start to relax and find the air conditioning just so comfortably cool that you need a little something to throw over you as you watch TV; or, for chilly nights in front of the fire in the winter. The kitchen is spacious with comfortable seating for six at the table and 2 extra stools for seating at the counter. The dining room seats 6 at the pub height table and 2 at the breakfast counter....moreless
- Audio Tape Player
- Books For Kids
- DVD Player
- Games For Kids
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Coin Laundry
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Bayside public beach with calm waters, beautiful sunsets, a free fishing pier & Gazebo. Concrete promenade in front of the dunes. Free parking for cars & golf carts. Approx. 4-5 blocks from house....moreless
- Near The Ocean:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
Communication / Internet
- Dining Room
- Seating for 8 people
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning
- Alarm Clock
- Baby Gate
- Basic Soaps
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer
- Free Local Calls
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street
- Parking On Street
- Security System
- Thermos Bottle
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Cooler
- Wireless Internet
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Lobster Pot
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Beach Umbrellas
- Deck / Patio
- Large Cooler
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Porch Furniture
- Small Cooler
- Unscreened Porch / Veranda
- Wood Deck
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning $160
- Refundable Damage Deposit $300
- Tax Rate 11%
Rental rates range in price from $1375.00 - $1875.00 per week, variable by season, holiday and length of stay. Peak season: 7 night minimum Off season: 3-4 night minimum length of stay - check specific "season" for minimum length of stay and pricing. Weekly rentals are generally Saturday to Saturday. Check out time on any changeover or departure day is 11 AM Eastern Time. Check in time on any arrival day is 5 PM or after, Eastern Time. Additional fees will be charged for overnight guests who exceed the number agreed to upon contract signing. Maximum occupancy not to exceed local Transient Occupancy Permit limit under any circumstances. Discounts considered at owner's discretion for active and retired military, police, fire and EMS personnel with verified proper or current I.D. Discounts are available for returning travelers upon verification of previous rental. Reminder: Non-Smoking guests only (house and yard inclusive - no exceptions).
Golf carts are available in Town. Request information at time of booking for information on how to obtain a 10% discount on your golf cart reservation. If you book your golf cart ahead of time, your golf cart can be delivered right to the house for you. Traveler is responsible for making own reservations and pick up/delivery arrangements for the golf cart(s) unless otherwise stipulated at time of contract signing. This house has a private driveway for off street golf cart and personal vehicle parking.
Payment is accepted in the form of personal checks or money orders, cashier's checks and PayPal or a combination of the options listed. If your preferred method of payment is PayPal, please add 2.9% convenience fee to total being charged)
Travel with Confidence
Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Cape Charles, an historic Victorian-era town, is located at the southern end of Virginia's Eastern Shore on the Delmarva Peninsula.
Cape Charles, once a railroading town, is rich with history, and a step back in time ambience. Adding to the charm of the town and its relaxed atmosphere are local customs which reflect early traditions of life on the water.
Eclectic shops, restaurants, an old fashioned soda fountain at the town's only pharmacy, a hardware store, a bait and tackle shop, the Cape Charles Museum, plus art and antiques galleries can be found in town.
Cape Charles has a friendly town beach with a gazebo, a free fishing pier jutting out over the Chesapeake Bay, a working harbor with a public boat launch; and a park in the center of town.
Hideaway by the Bay is located in the center of town, right by the Town's beautiful Community Park.
Upscale amenities can be found at Bay Creek's' Resort and Club with 2 world class golf courses at one end of town and Bay Creek's upscale shops, restaurants and marina at the other end.
Other activities while staying at Hideaway by the Bay on the Eastern Shore would include: swimming, relaxing on the beach, boating, fishing, kayaking, winery tours, camping, nature trails, birding, National Wildlife Refuge exploration, Kiptopeke State Park, antique shopping, stargazing at the night sky, watching the spectacular sunsets over the bay.
Visit the ocean side Barrier Islands with an experienced eco-tour guide. Enjoy the beautiful seaside sights, sounds, birds, waterfowl, fish, dolphins, etc., as only an Eastern Shore native . can identify and point out for you. Captain Rick from Broadwater Bay EcoTours is native to the Shore. He can personalize your trip so that you'll get to see things of interest to you because he knows the best spots for shelling, sightseeing, fishing, etc.. On my tour out to the Barrier Islands, a pod of dolphins was swimming by on the way out to the ocean through the inlet between Cedar Island and Parramore Island. What a beautiful sight I was able to capture on video. Guest who stay at Hideaway by the Bay who wish to book a tour with the Captain, should inquire as to how they can obtain their discount.
Visit the Barrier Islands Center to learn about the history and artifacts of Virginia's barrier islands.
Have lunch on the water at Island House in Wachapreague or take a boat trip to Tangier Island.
There is so much to see and do just off of Route 13 that one trip just won't be enough. Have fun exploring the Eastern Shore, any time of the year. Come back again and again.
Golf: Bay Creek Resort
Year Purchased: 2007
- Primary: +1 7573505392 e-mail only between 11 PM & 8 AM Eastern Time
- Secondary: +1 2154167206 e-mail only between 11 PM & 8 AM Eastern Time
- Fax: +1 2156935433 Fax accepted 8 AM - !1 PM Eastern Time
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
HIDEAWAY BY THE BAY Are we there yet?
Oh look, straight ahead for the Beach. How do we get to the house from there?
Too hot out? Set a spell in the air conditioning on the comfy recliners.
Additional seating in dining room at the breakfast bar
Master Bedroom with full bath
"Kids" room has a set of bunk beds, a twin bed, dresser, bookcase & night stand
Relax a little in the private back yard
Bay Avenue looking south - bay, beach, dunes, promenade and parking all in one.
Perfect! A blue sky and a warm, sunny, summer day at the beach.
Come early to get a good spot.
Sunset over the fishing pier with ships at anchor way out there on the horizon.
Welcome to Cape Charles.
You're almost there...
Cozy and quiet all year round.
Dining Room (pub height dining table with seating for six)
Kitchen - comfortable seating for six with two extra stools for counter seating.
"Guest" room. Queen sized bed & chest, plus armoire & nightstand not pictured
Steaks, seafood, kabobs anyone?
Cape Charles Town Harbor includes a marina, transient slips & public boat ramp.
You have arrived...finally a chance to relax.
What a gorgeous day to bask in the sun.
Where better to be than at the beach on the 4th of July.
A perfect place to relax and enjoy your ice cream at the end of the day.
- Property typeHouse
Get an instant quote
- Response time Within an hour
- Response rate 100%
- Calendar last updated 10/16/2015
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.