115' Waterfront W/Ramp/Float-Haul-Off/Mooring Optional
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Phippsburg cottage description
1. Charming 7-room eco-friendly cottage on Sebasco Harbor with 115 ft. of waterfront and .5 acres land; email me for web gallery.
2. Brand new ramp / float for easy access to water and/or boats; one-person kayak included. Haul-off (optional); mooring (optional - up to 18'); row boat (optional); two-person kiyak (optional)
3. Two bedrooms on second floor (new skylight windows open for ventilation), den with daybed, living room, 'eco' bathroom, kitchen and pantry (double bed and two singles upstairs; large front yard next to water.
4. Running hot/cold water to sink in pantry; indoor antique tin tub w/bag-shower above tub; Incinolet Toilet (fully 'green' solution to waste disposal on the waterfront - incinerates waste to white ash; no bacteria; no smell).
5. High-speed internet and basic cable TV (DVD player as well).
6. Brand new Jotul Propane Heat Stove in living room; electric base board panel in den.
7. Kitchen has 4-burner gas stove w/oven & broiler; new microwave; toaster; office-style water cooler w/hot and cold potable water; coffee maker; etc.
8. Brand new air conditioner in one bedroom; new skylight windows in each bedroom.
9. Extra charge for boat use other than one-person kayak. Extra charge for accepted pet (details please).
1. Anna's Waterfront Restaurant - established in 1979; classic Maine seafood on a lovely cove (stones throw from the cottage - use take out service and eat in privacy on your own waterfront).
2. Popham State Beach (beautiful sandy beach) and Popham Fort are in Phippsburg as well; approximately 10 miles from the cottage - this area was settled in 1607 (a few months before Jamestown, Virginia; but first settlers sailed back to England before the end of the first year; they returned later that spring).
3. Town of Bath 12-15 miles away; distinguished ship building city (oldest in the nation); charming main street (Front Street) just off the Kennebeck River. Loaded with good restaurants and charming shops.
4. Sebasco Lodge Resort one mile away with 18-hole golf course, tennis courts, spa, fitness center, salt-water swimming pool, and restaurant open to the public.
Keywords: Private, Quiet, Cottage, eco-friendly water and waste system. More photos: http://gallery.me.com/llowell1#100147
- Vacation Rental
- Pets Considered
- Non Smoking Only
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 5
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Air Conditioning
- Gas Fireplace
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Parking Off Street
- CD Player
- Video Library
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Games
- Video Game Console
- Broadband Access
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Rock Climbing
- Basketball Court
- Cross Country Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Jet Skiing
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
ReviewsWrite a review
Beautiful cottage on Maine Coast - perfect getaway!
Beautiful cottage on Maine Coast - perfect getaway!
My husband, young son and family friend had a wonderful time at this cottage. The view is unlike any other and we enjoyed many afternoons on the front lawn overlooking fishing and lobster boats pass by. The area is full of attractions, great beaches, and delicious seafood. The restaurant next door provided the best seafood we've had in years. The cottage was quaint and offered plenty of sleeping space for our family. The area is quiet and offered us the perfect getaway this summer! The owner even offered us a fantastic boat ride during our stay taking us up the New Meadows River! A definite highlight of our week! We would highly recommend this location for families looking to enjoy the Maine coast - it does not get any more "Maine" than this!
- Guest Sarah (New Hampton, NH)
- Date of stay 07/31/11
- Review Submitted 08/24/11
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, pet owners, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway.
Rental Rate - $1000/week plus Maine State Sales Tax (7%); sorry no wkd. rentals. $350 to secure the date (turns into damage deposit at time of rental). Bank check or money order payable to Linda Lowell. Full rent due (plue tax and $75 cleaning fee) on rental day. Inquire about fees for two-person kayak, hauloff and mooring.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: I am a College Professor.
Why the Owner Chose Phippsburg:
This property is on the waterfront of a small fishing harbor. Watching lobster boats pull traps right in front of the property is your window to the real beauty of Maine.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
kayaking, boating, fishing, sunbathing, and general R&R.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front door; water side.
Livingroom from front door; water side.
Den; first floor, w/single bed.
Bedroom #1, 2nd floor, double w/chaise lounge at opposite end.
Living room from kitchen; view to water.
Kitchen; w/gas stove, refrigerator, microwave, pantry w/hot/cold water cooler.
Hot tub overlooking water.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Tuesday, August 06, 2013