White Sands, Gentle Waves, the Warm Freshwater Lake - a Summertime Paradise.
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Ogden Dunes house description
As bright yellow as the Van Gogh painting, 21 Woodland Trail is a warm and inviting home. Enjoy the peace and quiet of a Lake Michigan South shore community where every home is unique, trees and flowers abound and all of the residents are friendly and helpful. Nestled on the shore of Lake Michigan the community is easily walked on the lightly traveled streets.
The three bedrooms and den are 7 steps up from the main living area. Two king beds and one queen bed occupy the bedrooms. The den includes a desk with laptop computer and printer along with high speed internet connection.
An enclosed porch on the front of the house has floor to ceiling windows with screens and sliders to make is comfortable no matter the weather outside. A table and chairs allows it to be a great place for meals.
A patio to the back also has two tables and chairs for family/friend gatherings and is surrounded by trees. dune grasses, evergreens, and wild flowers. The beauty is breathtaking.
A full kitchen with all appliances including dishwasher provides plenty of space for a group to work together preparing meals. The laundry is on the lower floor where a bath is also located. A back door allows easy access for coming from the beach. In addition, a family room with fireplace is on the lower level as well as a two car garage.
Should you and your family enjoy some time watching TV, a high definition TV is in the living room with access to many HD channels as well as On Demand.
About one hour to the west by South Shore train is the city of Chicago, which can frequently be seen from the beach. An hour to the east is the state of Michigan with it's many attractions of beaches, wineries etc. There is as much or as little as one desires for a visitor to do.
Come and enjoy one of most beautiful of the Great Lakes - Michigan.
- 2300 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- Master bedroom with bath, 2nd & 3rd bedrooms share hall bath,
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Pantry Items
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning
- Towels Provided
- Iron & Board
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- CD Player
- Broadband Access
Pool & Spa
- Communal Pool
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
- Outlet Shopping
- Fitness Center
- Basketball Court
- Winery Tours
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Live Theater
- Ogden Dunes has a private beach for its residents and roads that follow the contour of the rolling hills of the area for walking, biking, roller blading or driving. If your love is nature, the community provides all that you need. In addition, bordered on the west by Illinois and on the east by Michigan, the Lake Michigan lakeshore of Indiana, is part of a continuous area of exploration. The City of Chicago, the most beautiful city in the US, is easily reachable by the South Shore train or by car. The South Shore has a station just outside of Ogden Dunes to park your car for travel to Chicago. Summer brings almost endless activities to the Chicago lake front from concerts, to the Taste of Chicago, to air and water shows and the ongoing entertainment offered in the city both indoors and outdoors. Theatres like Steppenwolf and the Goodman originate many plays that go to Broadway. Museums of art, natural history and science are also available. Endless wonderful restaurants can add to your day in the city. Chicago is our favorite city of any we have been to in the US or world with it's ease of access and endless offerings. The Indiana Dunes State Park and the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore are only minutes away from Ogden Dunes and offer great beaches, picnic areas, hiking and primarily discovery of the sand dunes unique to Indiana and the Lake Michigan shore. Many small towns dot the shore of Lake Michigan in Indiana as well as the State of Michigan as you head east. Opportunities for antiquing, wine tasting, and dining abound. Ogden Dunes offers the opportunity to simply relax and absorb the beauty of the place or be as active as you wish wish all that is offered outside of the town. ENJOY!! HAVE FUN!!...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
$2500/month .. Includes All Utilities, High Speed Internet and Cable Television $100 Cleaning Fee Due with Rental Payment $1000 Security Deposit Due with Signing of Rental Agreement Rental Deposit of First Month's Rent Due 30 Days Before Occupancy Rental Payment For Total Rental Period If More Than 1 Month Due Before Occupancy Security Deposit Returned 15 Days After Vacancy and Inspection of Property
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: Marsha was born, raised and taught in Indiana until retiring in 2004. Bob, from Pennsylvania, graduated from college in Indiana and taught in Indiana until retiring in 2004. Marsha received a BS from Purdue University and Bob from Franklin College. We both received graduate degrees from Purdue University. We are avid tennis players and enjoy the winters in Arizona as well as the tennis courts here at Ogden Dunes in the spring, fall and summer. In addition, we have always loved to hike the dunes, explore the surrounding small towns, and visit Chicago for its many cultural and outdoor activities.
Why the Owner Chose Ogden Dunes:
Always wanting to own a property in Ogden Dunes, this property became available last year and we fell in love with it. We plan to spend some part of every year here and would like to share it with others when we are not here.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Access!! Beach, nearby Chicago, nearby amenities along with peace and quiet, beauty and lovely neighbors.
- Primary: (520) 818-9225 (Arizona, USA)
- Secondary: (219) 680-7201 (Indiana, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Saturday, August 10, 2013